Thread: 8.3 soon™

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    True but we've also only had next expansion announcements once the previous one has mostly concluded it's developments and BfA has been stretching it rather. People have been arguing whether 8.2.5 has "concluded" BfA so it's fair to wonder whether 8.3 means there is going to be more with an expansion announced later.
    I literally just showed you that both Cata and MoP were announced before their conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu4k View Post
    No I don't its just a fact that Blizzard is a terrible developer since they work with activision together.
    But its ok if you prefer crappy quality then keep it up and play their games and let them milk you
    soo, since before wotlk? bcs that is when they merged...

>Blizzard:
    "this year blizzcon will be the biggest ever!11"
    "there will be lots of things in this year blizcon especially for world of warcraft

>Some people:
    they will just announce patch 8.3 at blizzcon and nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    True but we've also only had next expansion announcements once the previous one has mostly concluded it's developments and BfA has been stretching it rather. People have been arguing whether 8.2.5 has "concluded" BfA so it's fair to wonder whether 8.3 means there is going to be more with an expansion announced later.
    You realize, MOP was announced (Oct '11) BEFORE Dragonsoul went live (Nov '11). So the Cata story was far from finished when the next expansion was announced. So there is not necessarily a precedent as to what you say.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are persoonally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Blizzard had full financial access first, activision managed it way later

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    because some random screenshot shows the numbers 8.3 with no context, you are convinced 8.3 will be a thing?
    And claiming 8.3 isnt' going to happen without any proof whatsoever make sense?
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Now you want to argue about date? ;D I'll bite. Last possible date in 2019 is 17th December. First possible date for PTR is 8th October. That's 10 weeks. Also not much content was added in 8.2.5, they had lot of time to make assets, mechanics and quests for 8.3.

If they have planned to release 8.3 before Q4, for sure it's doable. And so far every BfA patch since 8.1 launched less than month before end of quarter.
    I don't wanna argue about a date, I'm just pointing out that even small patches tend to be on the PTS for almost two months and it's already October.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    hahaha...you do realize they are making billions each year and you claim they wont last very long? roflmao
    Their revenue drastically decreased this year. Blizzard isn't making "billions" in non-expansion / no-new-game years.

And 9.0 will undoubtly be part of Blizzcon.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You realize, MOP was announced (Oct '11) BEFORE Dragonsoul went live (Nov '11). So the Cata story was far from finished when the next expansion was announced. So there is not necessarily a precedent as to what you say.

1) There is a big different between "Far from finish" and don't know how will finish and where... letting Blizzard spoiler the end of this expansion and what cames next at the Blizzcon. Also.. wasnt so "far from finish"...

2) Patch 4.3 was on test realm from 27 semptember and the content was just the Dragon Soul raid and new dungeons. Not a new zone Argus sized, as dreamed for this patch, but the final raid against the Expansion Boss in Wyrmrest Temple, a reused art set from WoTLK expansion...

Did you see the difference? Also, since Pandaria, Blizzard change his behavior about how the story will be driven from an expantion to another and how the patch content was relivered.

This is a totally new situation. You dont know how this expansion will be ended and you are also ready to know what happen next. So in the very moment Blizzard will show the next expansion, no one cares about 8.3...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    We'll likely get 9.0's announcement, details on it, some raid background and all on 8.3, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I'd say it's rather more to do with the fact that people just want this expansion over with because for the most part, it's one of the worst the games ever had.
    This. I expressed these feelings but was told that I shouldn't hope for those who like BFA not to get more content(I don't hope that) and that cancelling 8.3 would not make the next xpak get here quicker(I know that).

I had simply hoped that they planned long ago to put the next xpak out as early as possible, and that new raid content would be for a new expansion sooner, and not BFA.

They could even keep BFA(but shouldn't for marketing purposes) I just want them to bring back set bonuses, revert the gameplay to Legion or MoP quality, and give a good long term reward, that's all. However, they likely won't or can't do these things in the last patch of an xpak, so I'm stuck waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    Was this really big shocking news for everyone though?
    As if we are sitting on this patch until earliest August 2020.

What would be cooler if they would tease us 8.3 before BlizzCon, but I guess the Saurvanas is probably ment to be that.
    It is to those that insisted that 8.3 was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It wouldn't show anything at all if 8.3 wasn't coming.
    depends on how old that text is tho. They had a plan early on to make 8.3, but it might have been cancelled at a later date. I fully believe we are getting a 8.3 tho

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu4k View Post
    the next expansion is gonna be bad like everything since draenor.
    WoW is a very bad game for many years and Blizzard's quality is horrible in any case.
    AAA = done
    Yet you sit on their forums and talk about it, almost like an ex you just cant forget is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjowz View Post
    If they announce the 8.3, this means no announce of new expansion or they will show it both? I hope they announce new expansion as well.
    Relax, they will show both or the ptr will be up before blizzcon.

The blizzcon of BfA's announcement they covered Argus and the BfA reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    "I'm so hyped about whatever I am fed next even if it's shit"

Capitalism at it's best.
    Need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    depends on how old that text is tho. They had a plan early on to make 8.3, but it might have been cancelled at a later date. I fully believe we are getting a 8.3 tho
    If OP or basically anyone that's seen that table (front-page of wow.tools) before had bothered to check/link the source you'd find out it's basically 17 hours 'old' at this point.

https://wow.tools/monitor/ (see the WoW vendor change)

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    1) There is a big different between "Far from finish" and don't know how will finish and where... letting Blizzard spoiler the end of this expansion and what cames next at the Blizzcon. Also.. wasnt so "far from finish"...
    It's not the first time they reveal new expansion before last patch of current expansion is even out.

You seriously think they won't reveal and hype up new WoW expansion at this Blizzcon? Omegalol.

Why I bet 8.3 will hit PTR before Blizzcon too, simply so they can focus on expansion info instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Relax, they will show both or the ptr will be up before blizzcon.

The blizzcon of BfA's announcement they covered Argus and the BfA reveal.
    Not really, they said like 1-2 things about 7.3.5 at that Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Not really, they said like 1-2 things about 7.3.5 at that Blizzcon.
    Ergh... exageration does you no favors. Yes, really. They covered it, but focus was obviously on the new expansion. Wich will be the case this time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Ergh... exageration does you no favors. Yes, really. They covered it, but focus was obviously on the new expansion. Wich will be the case this time as well.
    But we already knew everything about 7.3 beforehand. We know nothing about 8.3. Nothing. That's a difference. So unless they cover 8.3 before Blizzcon via stream it will be a bit awkward because 9.0 will inevitably overshadow 8.3.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020