Thread: 8.3 soon™

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It wouldn't show anything at all if 8.3 wasn't coming.
    depends on how old that text is tho. They had a plan early on to make 8.3, but it might have been cancelled at a later date. I fully believe we are getting a 8.3 tho

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjowz View Post
    If they announce the 8.3, this means no announce of new expansion or they will show it both? I hope they announce new expansion as well.
    Relax, they will show both or the ptr will be up before blizzcon.

The blizzcon of BfA's announcement they covered Argus and the BfA reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    "I'm so hyped about whatever I am fed next even if it's shit"

Capitalism at it's best.
    Need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    depends on how old that text is tho. They had a plan early on to make 8.3, but it might have been cancelled at a later date. I fully believe we are getting a 8.3 tho
    If OP or basically anyone that's seen that table (front-page of wow.tools) before had bothered to check/link the source you'd find out it's basically 17 hours 'old' at this point.

https://wow.tools/monitor/ (see the WoW vendor change)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    1) There is a big different between "Far from finish" and don't know how will finish and where... letting Blizzard spoiler the end of this expansion and what cames next at the Blizzcon. Also.. wasnt so "far from finish"...
    It's not the first time they reveal new expansion before last patch of current expansion is even out.

You seriously think they won't reveal and hype up new WoW expansion at this Blizzcon? Omegalol.

Why I bet 8.3 will hit PTR before Blizzcon too, simply so they can focus on expansion info instead.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Relax, they will show both or the ptr will be up before blizzcon.

The blizzcon of BfA's announcement they covered Argus and the BfA reveal.
    Not really, they said like 1-2 things about 7.3.5 at that Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Not really, they said like 1-2 things about 7.3.5 at that Blizzcon.
    Ergh... exageration does you no favors. Yes, really. They covered it, but focus was obviously on the new expansion. Wich will be the case this time as well.

Ergh... exageration does you no favors. Yes, really. They covered it, but focus was obviously on the new expansion. Wich will be the case this time as well.
    But we already knew everything about 7.3 beforehand. We know nothing about 8.3. Nothing. That's a difference. So unless they cover 8.3 before Blizzcon via stream it will be a bit awkward because 9.0 will inevitably overshadow 8.3.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think there's no way they don't announce the new expansion this blizzcon. They're certainly not going to wait until NEXT blizzcon to do it. 8.3 I think it could go either way with them announcing it at blizzcon or before and focusing more on the expansion while mostly just talking about some 8.3 systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    But we already knew everything about 7.3 beforehand. We know nothing about 8.3. Nothing. That's a difference. So unless they cover 8.3 before Blizzcon via stream it will be a bit awkward because 9.0 will inevitably overshadow 8.3.
    It won't be weird, if anything I can bet they will release 8.3 to PTR before Blizzcon. They WANT new expansion to overshadow 8.3, because new WoW expansion is a star of the show, not some patch of controversial old expansion.

Of course they will hype up 8.3 too, after all it's the long awaited chief tentacleboi getting blasted, but expansion will be the big one they will focus on.

Heck, they need this expansion to carry this Blizzcon. Starcraft is dead, another HS expansion is snoreee and the only other exciting thing they can reveal is D4 and it's like 50/50 chance.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-10-03 at 03:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Every other year there is an expansion reveal at Blizzcon. It's been this way since Cataclysm at least. No reason to suggest there won't be one.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They said new battleground will have preview (later it turns out it just launched few months after 7.3.5) and announced world scalling in next patch. That's. It. Rest was 8.0 news (and of course I'm talking about 7.3.2/7.3.5, Blizzcon was over 2 months after 7.3 launch).

Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    Every other year there is an expansion reveal at Blizzcon. It's been this way since Cataclysm at least. No reason to suggest there won't be one.
    Even before that. Wrath was revealed in 2007 (on August, like Legion), BC in 2005 (October).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-10-03 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It won't be weird, if anything I can bet they will release 8.3 to PTR before Blizzcon. They WANT new expansion to overshadow 8.3, because new WoW expansion is a star of the show, not some patch of controversial old expansion.

Of course they will hype up 8.3 too, after all it's the long awaited chief tentacleboi getting blasted, but expansion will be the big one they will focus on.
    Yeah sure but it's weird to "hype up" 8.3 few weeks before you have the 9.0 announcement. You could've spread this good "hype" news better than have only 2-3 weeks between them - that's what makes it awkward imho.

The time past 8.2 release was so dry on news and 8.2.5 was such a short burn that it feels strange to have both 8.3 and 9.0 at the same time.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Why wouldn't there be an 8.3? 8.2 has only been out since june 25th.. Players are getting more impatient than i've seen in the entire history of this game.
    Simply: because 8.2 was already too late, 8.2.5 has only the war campaign that's far too small (but luckily NOT GATED, Good move blizz) and exactly because it's out since around 3 1/2 months it's out and there was absolutely NO news about 8.3 at all. AND since a PTR takes around 2 months for a major patch, it's already around the magic number of 154 days between major content patches.

IF blizzard wants to bring out the PTR on blizzcon, then it's already 4 1/2 months in, and more than 6 months between major patches is not really impatience anymore.
    Luckily 8.2 is one of the better patches with a BIT more content than usual. Still: yes, it's time for the PTR.

I also think that we might get the PTR before blizzcon; since the last ptr was released 2 weeks after the first vendor build came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure but it's weird to "hype up" 8.3 few weeks before you have the 9.0 announcement. You could've spread this good "hype" news better than have only 2-3 weeks between them - that's what makes it awkward imho.

The time past 8.2 release was so dry on news and 8.2.5 was such a short burn that it feels strange to have both 8.3 and 9.0 at the same time.
    It is plausible to think that they want to move away from BFA, so I won't be surprised. After all, why would they toss encrypted 8.3 build so soon to datastore if they don't want to put PTR up soon? I highly doubt it will be rotting there for a whole month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Simply: because 8.2 was already too late, 8.2.5 has only the war campaign that's far too small (but luckily NOT GATED, Good move blizz) and exactly because it's out since around 3 1/2 months it's out and there was absolutely NO news about 8.3 at all. AND since a PTR takes around 2 months for a major patch, it's already around the magic number of 154 days between major content patches.

IF blizzard wants to bring out the PTR on blizzcon, then it's already 4 1/2 months in, and more than 6 months between major patches is not really impatience anymore.
    Luckily 8.2 is one of the better patches with a BIT more content than usual. Still: yes, it's time for the PTR.

I also think that we might get the PTR before blizzcon; since the last ptr was released 2 weeks after the first vendor build came out.
    There is already encrypted 8.3 build up in the datastore. Expect PTR soon.

We can still have PTR come up and have a video about it. It's too early to conclude it won't happen. There is a month still till blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They said new battleground will have preview (later it turns out it just launched few months after 7.3.5) and announced world scalling in next patch. That's. It. Rest was 8.0 news (and of course I'm talking about 7.3.2/7.3.5, Blizzcon was over 2 months after 7.3 launch).

Even before that. Wrath was revealed in 2007 (on August, like Legion), BC in 2005 (October).
    And they restated all the stuff coming. So, you are making a one sided decision of what is covered only counts if it's new.

Regardless, for both of you this is a battle of semantics and very irrelevant. Both things will be covered. You can be sure of that. Maybe some will revealed more earlier, some maybe later. But both will be covered.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-03 at 03:21 PM.

IMO 8.3 PTR will be up before Blizzcon but heavily encrypted with most content hidden. After they reveal the next expansion they will obviously talk about what is in 8.3 and give us the release date and access to the hidden content on the PTR. Its what id do.

Still, if the shadowlands leak is real, expect 8.3 to have the much vaunted siege of stormwind. The fact that 8.3 is already up and encrypted to me pretty much confirms the leak
    Last edited by reploid; 2019-10-03 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Why wouldn't there be an 8.3? 8.2 has only been out since june 25th.. Players are getting more impatient than i've seen in the entire history of this game.
    cause people want "This is worse then wod" to be true for their ego's so they have made up a "confirmed theory" by saying "devs confirmed it" but then never link to anything. that 8.2.5 was the final patch of BFA and they cancelled 8.3 and 8.3.5

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    And they restated all the stuff coming. So, you are making a one sided decision of what is covered only counts if it's new.
    ?? I'm just telling you facts, cause I remember it well. You can fact check me, all stuff is on youtube.

Btw, I'm not telling you we won't have anything about 8.3 on Blizzcon. It's totally different situation than 2017, even will 8.3 fully on PTR we could get release date and in-game cinematic. But most likely it will be side thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    cause people want "This is worse then wod" to be true for their ego's so they have made up a "confirmed theory" by saying "devs confirmed it" but then never link to anything. that 8.2.5 was the final patch of BFA and they cancelled 8.3 and 8.3.5
    It will be funny to see justifications when next pre-order will sell 3.X millions again. For BfA it was "it's all because Allied Races!" or "it's reaction after Legion" (nvm same people tell us for two years how Legion is garbage) and priceless "lolwutomegalul BfA has only 3 million subs".
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-10-03 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All that stuff is already in the game. The only stuff that isn’t is the toy or w/e from this year. That doesn’t require a major patch.
    Yea I meant the yearly toy, it was late lol

Usually that's datamined beforehand but maybe. Honestly since the raid won't be released with the patch I could still see that December date...but then again they prolly won't want to risk a bunch of patch issues over the holidays