Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where do you spam to find group?

I'm having some trouble finding a group for dungeons, orgrimmar spam doesn't seem to work, shall I spam in the area of the dungeon?

Guild chat. All the other chat channels are too spammy to find anything, if only we had a tool to help us out

try /lookingforgroup /world .... or find out what other channels your server uses for LFM/LFG spam

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    try /lookingforgroup /world .... or find out what other channels your server uses for LFM/LFG spam
    doesent work
    atleast on my server, alliance side bloodsail bucaaneer, 90% of the chat is "lol vincent vanqueef lol!" i want the LFD addon back, it was so nice, and still required interaction... we had the addon in vanilla, why did people cry about it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Use addons, Puggle, ClassicLFG, LFG Shout, LFG Helper, choose what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    doesent work
    atleast on my server, alliance side bloodsail bucaaneer, 90% of the chat is "lol vincent vanqueef lol!" i want the LFD addon back, it was so nice, and still required interaction... we had the addon in vanilla, why did people cry about it now.
    If you mean ClassicLFG, it still works.

Lfg tool was needed and the no changes crew (who most have quit btw) didnt want it. Now the big majority is stuck without because a small portion of players said so.

doesent work
    The Classic LFG addon is very much alive and working (last time i checked)

Spam trade chat in major city as a last resort (is commonly the most useful way on my server)
    Additionally u can use /4 Looking for Group chat

In some rare situations u can spam /1 depending on the instance location.

I spam trade in cities, failing that I go to the dungeon location (if its SM for example its almost always full of peeps).

Obviously checking guild first.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I'm having some trouble finding a group for dungeons, orgrimmar spam doesn't seem to work, shall I spam in the area of the dungeon?
    By orgrimmar spam you mean...Trade chat, correct? Dont limit yourself to general chat in orgrimmar
    I think trade chat in orgrimmar covers all major cities, if im not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't spam. I write in /1, after few minutes I write in /4.

I just use /4 Lookingforgroup and it's very active, if not a little spammy on Thalnos Horde.

Lfg channel or world channel but being on gehennas eu the chat moves so fucking fast you can barely see shit lol.

So i just use puggle and classiclfgaddon and they work great and I don't have to watch all that spam.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-10-04 at 01:19 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

LFG is a global lfg channel, if youre using LFG addon, its pulling from that channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Lfg tool was needed and the no changes crew (who most have quit btw) didnt want it. Now the big majority is stuck without because a small portion of players said so.
    Gonna need a citation on that claim that most of the no changes crew has left lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Trade Chat on major cities (Orgrimmar, Undercity, Thunder Bluff)
    /Lookingforgroup
    /World
    /1 General Chat of the dungeon\zone itself (works on busy dungeons like Scarlet Monastery, Zul'Farrak, Blackrock Mountain, etc).

/world, /general of given dungeon zone and /lookingforgroup are good choices. Looking for groups in /general of a zone with no dungeon or /trade doesnt have any logic and should be considered a spam.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    99% of the time, when I run a dungeon in Classic, it starts with one of my friends/guildies asking me if I want to run whatever dungeon. Said friend/guildy invites me to group then does any necessary spamming to form the rest of the group.

Either that, or I join a group that someone else is spamming for. In other words, I'm rarely the one who puts the group together.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-10-04 at 02:11 PM.

doesent work
    LFG addon still works though.

it filters world chat and LFG chat, and you can find grps, you just cant see who are in the groups etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    LFG addon still works though.

it filters world chat and LFG chat, and you can find grps, you just cant see who are in the groups etc.
    good to know, heard blizz broke it, aparently not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good