Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Eternal Palace feels bland to me because of the lack of gear

I've been wondering lately as why Ep felt so lacklustre past the first kill i've done.

I'm still thrillwd to progress in mythic but reclearing feels like a chore when i only had this feeling toward the end of a tier.

And the issue is that the reward from the raid id very unrewarding. There is no new set to get so no gameplay change, and out of the 16 slits of loot i got, only SIX that are actually BIS from the raid.

Neck is HoA
    Rings are mechagon
    Shoulders are vendor
    Pants are m+
    4 benthic pieces
    Trinket is craft

In order for a piece to be an upgrade in the raid (mythic) it has to be both warforged and has a socket.

I m glad i can gear up a bit outside of raid but the hardest content in game should still reward the best loots, at least slightly...

Everyone saw the problem with Benthic gear coming from a mile ago and yet did nothing because they either hate Mythic raiders and hate it when we have better gear or just plain and simple lack the foresight to grasp why raids dropping shit gear is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Everyone saw the problem with Benthic gear coming from a mile ago and yet did nothing because they either hate Mythic raiders and hate it when we have better gear or just plain and simple lack the foresight to grasp why raids dropping shit gear is not fun.
    Im wearing 6 pieces of Benthic Gear atm on my Hunter.

Base Mythic (445) my only upgrades are Shoulder Azerite thats about 200 dps upgrade and Font which is about 400.

At 455.... There are 5 total upgrades...Higher ilvl Bow, Pants that are only 142 dps higher than Benthic Pants, Higher Coral and then the two items mentioned above

My guild is also currently 5/8 ..close to 6/8 so its just kind of like..well I guess hope for TF or sockets or tradeable loot thats good or something

interesting

i like the entire raid and i found it fun to progress through

i wonder if it's also boring to raid it after many people already killed the whole raid (even 2 day raiding guilds almost finished it)
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I've been wondering lately as why Ep felt so lacklustre past the first kill i've done.

I'm still thrillwd to progress in mythic but reclearing feels like a chore when i only had this feeling toward the end of a tier.

And the issue is that the reward from the raid id very unrewarding. There is no new set to get so no gameplay change, and out of the 16 slits of loot i got, only SIX that are actually BIS from the raid.

Neck is HoA
    Rings are mechagon
    Shoulders are vendor
    Pants are m+
    4 benthic pieces
    Trinket is craft

In order for a piece to be an upgrade in the raid (mythic) it has to be both warforged and has a socket.

I m glad i can gear up a bit outside of raid but the hardest content in game should still reward the best loots, at least slightly...
    Experience > gear, imo.

If you need a raid to drop your uberlootz in order for you to enjoy said raid, that's not anyone else's fault.

On one hand it was really annoying grinding pearls, on the other hand you don't need to RNG drop socket in every slot from raid drops which would take even longer
    all in all titanforging and sockets are a dumb system and there is no way to fix it without removing the system entirely

Good thing you need gear for things other than raids. Best gear is still available on from raids. Not like that Benthic shit is good everywhere.

Gear doesn't even matter now with transmogrification.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    And even tmog doesn't matter beacuse anyone who's worth their salt as a collector already has all the tmogs he wants by now.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And even tmog doesn't matter beacuse anyone who's worth their salt as a collector already has all the tmogs he wants by now.
    Yep, considering they stopped doing tier sets, everyone's collection should be more or less complete. I know my rogue has more appearances than he'll ever use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Experience > gear, imo.

If you need a raid to drop your uberlootz in order for you to enjoy said raid, that's not anyone else's fault.
    This.

Although I'm not a mythic raider. I tend to do normal/heroic kills more than once per week (even if I'm loot locked) just because I enjoy raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    considering you have to zoom in a kilometer to see someone's tmog, it's widely known tmogs are very undesireable
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Benthic gear is the problem, that's 4 slots locked right there for me. Then there is another issue of socketed rings beings effectively 30 ilvls higher, I could have got 455 ring yesterday from Mythic clear and chose not to, because it was worse than 430 one with socket.

Add neck to that and effectively aside from Trinkets, Weapon and Azerite there is nothing to be had and I basically have it all already anyway. Only need stuff from M.Zaqul and M.Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    considering you have to zoom in a kilometer to see someone's tmog, it's widely known tmogs are very undesireable
    I don't know how undesirable it is considering it seems of pretty popular use. Tier sets are pretty well visible even zoomed out and helms is what you see in someone's portrait when you have them targeted if they have it visible.

I dont play anymore, in fact havent played in almost a decade but loved checking the new class sets every new raid. Its so sad they removed the sets.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Neck is HoA
    Rings are mechagon
    Shoulders are vendor
    Pants are m+
    4 benthic pieces
    Trinket is craft
    Is it just me, but isnt this literally the PERFECT gearing system??

Neck is HoA
    everyone gets it, its the one thing all characters share and brings them together (azerite).

Rings are mechagon
    Bis gear from the NEWEST 5man content (soon to be farmable with next season of m+, an alternative to the big groups doing raids

Shoulders are vendor
    Guaranteed if you save residuum, gamble to get it sooner (only thing i would change from this system is double residuum from scrapping and make it so you cant gamble the same piece until you get all 6 once)

Pants are m+
    Same as rings, but throws you into other dungeons as pants vary in secondaries!

4 benthic pieces
    Story-line based guaranteed gear which 1) helps ALL types of raider and 2) makes the storylines and new content(zones) not pointless for high-end players. I would scale them down just a bit to be on par with Mythic gear

Trinket is craft
    And the cherry on top - CRAFTING BEING RELEVANT.

This system with some small tweaks is imo the absolute best loot system in 15 years of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

Neck is HoA
    Rings are mechagon
    Shoulders are vendor
    Pants are m+
    4 benthic pieces
    Trinket is craft

I've been running a 10 per week just to make sure I get that chance of titan force etc, also I did actually get a 445 2h weapon, first weapon from the M+ cache this expansion! I sadly have gotten more rings, bracers, and waists than anything else in that M+ weekly cache (I got back to back 4 440 rings for the first month of weekly chests)

But yeah other than doing my weekly 10, you can pug the first three on mythicc for that fat lewt, that titan resid is nice for those pieces as well, the craft/benthic stuff could be gimmicky based on your spec because I know at least for Paladins, those raid trinks are SIC AF (HPal and Rat spec at least)

What did you think of Heroic Azshara btw?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Is it just me, but isnt this literally the PERFECT gearing system??

Neck is HoA
    everyone gets it, its the one thing all characters share and brings them together (azerite).

Rings are mechagon
    Bis gear from the NEWEST 5man content (soon to be farmable with next season of m+, an alternative to the big groups doing raids

Shoulders are vendor
    Guaranteed if you save residuum, gamble to get it sooner (only thing i would change from this system is double residuum from scrapping and make it so you cant gamble the same piece until you get all 6 once)

Pants are m+
    Same as rings, but throws you into other dungeons as pants vary in secondaries!

4 benthic pieces
    Story-line based guaranteed gear which 1) helps ALL types of raider and 2) makes the storylines and new content(zones) not pointless for high-end players. I would scale them down just a bit to be on par with Mythic gear

Trinket is craft
    And the cherry on top - CRAFTING BEING RELEVANT.

This system with some small tweaks is imo the absolute best loot system in 15 years of WoW.
    Well the issue is if there is nothing to gain from the raid for loot a lot of people wont want to do it. If you say do it for the story then once you clear it once u dont need to run it again. The carrot on the stick is what keeps a lot of people playing and if the carrot is removed then its pointless making it one of the WORST loot systems in 15 years of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    What did you think of Heroic Azshara btw?
    Yeah i'm really not a huge fan of the Azshara fight , this LOS mechanic is just a bad idea, especially for the last boss in the instance.

It's adding to why i do not like EP i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Lol right, because all the M+ kiddies would absolutely keep running that if it didn't reward easy loot.