Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Diablo 4 needs an economy

    Even Diablo 3 on release had one. I completely stopped supporting the game when everything became untradable outside of your current in game party.

    Bind on pickup type stuff is what Ruined the entire D3 franchise for me i moved on to Path of Exile and many other games instead.

    They also need to bring back some kind of runeword type system or something or make cool stuff like etherial items again. And like crazy GG rares that are 0.001% chance at rolling.

    What i hated the most about d3 release was the limited slots for abilities and the severe lack of CUSTOMIZATION

    I STILL to this day boot up D2 LOD every now and again even with it being that old because the itemization / customization and economy are just that freaking good.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-10-20 at 05:59 AM.
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

  2. #162
    They need to move FAAAR away from MMO tier item progression first and for most.
    NO set items (which kills like half of your item slots for any forms of meaningful upgrades) No "+%100000 dmg to x skill" crap.
    Don't dumb down gameplay just because you want to release it on console too. PoE didn't and it works pretty decently.
    NO class fantasy shit ( wanna go whirlwind wizard for some fucked up reason? you got it!) which means no class locked skills (items providing +x to skills like D2)
    Make crafting actually mean something. That alone laids the groundwork for your trade based economy.
    Make gold actually meaningful.
    Legendaries that singlehandedly making builds available or boosting builds to next level. Not set items based 14 item slot locked boring as shit builds.

    I know it sounds a lot like PoE which is totally normal since they made a lot of things right for a game to have a healthy life span. No need to trying to invent the wheel once again.
    But i highly doubt current Blizzard has any actual talent or motivation left to come up something remarkable. They probably just rework some of D3's mechanics slap on some new graphics and release it.

    I hope they prove me wrong.

  3. #163
    I hope D4 is closer to Grim down,D2,PoE.I want more dark and spooky atmosphere.Skeletens and blood.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

  4. #164
    -They should go the PoE route with the freedom of classes.
    -An in game economy with proper trading etc
    -Proper guild content
    -SSF as in PoE
    -Screw the torment system when it comes to difficulties. Heck, scrap the difficulties. They’re just arbitrary anyway. Just make the rifts harder with affixes and whatnot.

  5. #165
    Honestly it just needs to be a good game. Diablo 3 wasn't a bad game either. It just had a horrific launch. The real money AH system was a disaster. Then it pretty much had no real followup. The game just was base and raw for way to long. Then its expansion hit and it added in a LOT of what the original game needed. But then that kind of just sat there forever without anything for way to long either. Seasonal stuff is great in practice, but if the new season changes nothing or adds nothing it can be entertaining a few times as you progress though the few classes each time but eventually.. its like.. do I want to do this for the 12th time.. again.. the same thing? The answer seems to be no for a lot more people than it is yes.

  6. #166
    Diablo 4 needs to be... action RPG, the MMO edition. But the modern concept of MMO, which has evolved beyond simply copying WoW.

  7. #167
    Necromancer and barbarian hero. Maybe druid too. I did enjoy that. Also, I want to do more stuff with Leah's soul.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think (but take this with a grain of salt) they're just aiming to create a solid Diablo experience people remember from the days of D2 with new/improved systems so they can recover from the PR damage the franchise has sustained from D3 release and afterward.
    As I say, the problem is they need a value-add of some kind. Today, there are plenty of ARPG makers out there. There are plenty of video games out there. Blizzard must have something unique to bring to the table, otherwise they just get lost in the shuffle. Their value-add used to be a bleeding edge social network. But what is it today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  9. #169
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,088
    Diablo 4 needs a complete new dev team don't let any D3 dev touch that game .. oh and ofc it needs content updates not these shitty themed season because these are a joke

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    Diablo 4 needs a complete new dev team don't let any D3 dev touch that game .. oh and ofc it needs content updates not these shitty themed season because these are a joke
    There is nothing wrong with the dev team and Diablo 3 is still a good game. There is just no reason to play it atm and I agree with the seasonal stuff.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    With Diablo 4 potentially in the works, what overhauls does it need from Diablo 3 to make it successful? Or should Blizzard stick to the D3 formula with new, updated content?
    to be everything diablo 2 was and diablo 3 wasnt.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the dev team and Diablo 3 is still a good game. There is just no reason to play it atm and I agree with the seasonal stuff.
    when compared to what blizzardx of the north did with diablo 2 yeh there was plenty wrong with diablo 3.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    considering the d3 necro has all the abilities of the d2 necro what is your point
    that diablo 3 was so bad even with the og necro it didnt save it.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blizzard must have something unique to bring to the table, otherwise they just get lost in the shuffle.
    the Blizzard logo on the box largely prevents that actually. even despite everything thats happened i'd bet it still to be true aswell... that stupid blue logo means everything

  13. #173
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the dev team and Diablo 3 is still a good game. There is just no reason to play it atm and I agree with the seasonal stuff.
    if you really think that D3 is a good game and the D3 dev team did a good job compared to d1/d2 welp.. D3 had NOTHING that made Diablo Diablo .. but i guess there are people out there who don't need much to get pleased even when they butcher an iconic IP like that

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    to be everything diablo 2 was and diablo 3 wasnt.

    - - - Updated - - -



    when compared to what blizzardx of the north did with diablo 2 yeh there was plenty wrong with diablo 3.

    - - - Updated - - -



    that diablo 3 was so bad even with the og necro it didnt save it.
    Considering how influential D2 was D3 was bound to have issue before it even came out.

    Either you go down the route of keeping it within the frame of what D2 was or you try something new, and Blizzard tried something new and it didn’t meet the standards.

    With D2 they basically invented the wheel and it’s really hard to do that twice.

    D3 still isn’t a bad game. I bet that most who try it out for the first time is having a fun time. It just isn’t as revolutionary that D2 maybe was.

  15. #175
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    13,613
    ACTUAL customisation. I want a full skill tree to craft around, stats to tweak, I want real ways to make my character MY character.

    Also, leveling needs to be a thing... I'm fine with there being end game, post leveling progression, obviously. But it shouldn't be a case of "The real game starts when you hit max level" like it is in D3. Getting to max level should take more than just getting carried through one GRift...

    More gear variety. Sets were cool, and I had fun with them... but it gets a BIT dull when they become the core of your whole build. Gear should complement, not create your playstyle. Your skills should be what decides HOW you play, your gear should just make you better at that.

    A NON TIMED end game mode. GRift were built to encourage maximum efficiency. This totally killed any kind of defensive gearing and encouraged a playstyle of "get enough Toughness to not instantly die, then get ALL THE DAMAGE". I'd like to see a game mode, where it WASN'T all about glass cannon builds.

    Oh, and bring back shapeshifters. Doesn't need to be a druid, per se, but it needs a focus on shapeshifting.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog Twenty Six is live! In which we discuss the ongoing compilation series HFAR, and share our new Playlist based on it.

    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/26-blog-26

  16. #176
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Everyone keeps asking for Diablo 4 instead of improvements to Diablo 3. I don't even think it will be an ARPG.
    to improve D3 they would have to redesing the entire game so basically diablo 4 simple as that there is nothing that can save D3 after like 6 years of no content and a bad core design to begin with

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    A perfect Diablo 4 for me?

    Diablo 2's itemization and systems (runes, talents) with Diablo 3 graphics\animations.

    i'd play that forever.
    Beat me to it, this right here. Give us all the D2 classes as well I miss my Trapsin. Basically what most of us want is D2: Reforged. Give us D2 with D3 graphics, just like D3 should have been.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    + War3, Starcraft, Diablo 2 all succeeded because they were all on bnet which provided a cutting edge social experience as a value add.
    + WoW succeeded because it provided strong social play as a value add with global chat and forcing people to talk and make friends on a single server. PvE Guilds were locked on one small server and raced each other like its a tournament.
    + SC2 failed because they ripped all the social elements out, it almost didn't have chat channels.
    + D3 failed because they ripped all the social elements out, it almost didn't have chat channels. Plus, Rifts were too much of the game which made it repetitive.
    + Hearthstone was a success because it had a value add in the fact that it was the ONLY card game that was pushed BOTH on PC and mobile. All competitors focused on one or the other.
    + Overwatch started strong but its failing as it really has no social elements. If something like Overwatch was released on a social platform like a modernized bnet 1.0, it would have crushed all competition and Forenite or PUBG never challenge them.
    You can't just boil down the success or lack of thereof to a single simple reason. There's a lot of context and variables at play.

    For instance, W3, SC and D2 didn't really have a lot of high-polish competition at the time, certainly not at the same level. I think the majority of purchases of those games, or at least a big portion of them, didn't engage in the online/social elements that much, or even engaged with the game for extended periods of time (ie most people only played through the story if that much), and any of those games would have been a huge success without any of the social features, simply because they were high quality games in popular or trending genres without that level high-quality competition.

    WoW in special is an absolute outlier (despite still falling in a growth-potential genre with little high-quality competition), as its popularity pretty much resulted from a perfect storm of circumstances - not just the fact that it was a good social game.

    By comparison when D3 and SC2 released their genres were not really relevant anymore. Even more than that, as years went by we've been having more and more game releases every year, and an increase in the overall quality/polish level in games even from small or indie studios.

    Not to mention that not only the industry landscape changed a lot, the same is true for the player audience. I sincerely doubt SC2, D3 or Overwatch would have been significantly more successfully simply for having more/better social elements.

  19. #179
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Considering how influential D2 was D3 was bound to have issue before it even came out.

    Either you go down the route of keeping it within the frame of what D2 was or you try something new, and Blizzard tried something new and it didn’t meet the standards.

    With D2 they basically invented the wheel and it’s really hard to do that twice.

    D3 still isn’t a bad game. I bet that most who try it out for the first time is having a fun time. It just isn’t as revolutionary that D2 maybe was.
    i mean sure they did try to create something new.. but i think the problem most people had atleast for me is they threw everything that made D2 great away instead of building ontop of it to improve upon the ARPG titan D2 was and still is

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the dev team and Diablo 3 is still a good game. There is just no reason to play it atm and I agree with the seasonal stuff.
    Diablo 3 is terrible. There is very little to do outside rifts and it has absolutely zero value-add to distinguish itself from other games. As a result, the odds very heavily favored the game dying, which is what it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •