Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    >Keyforging. The ability to be able to choose what monsters will be in your key, if you have affixes like in WoW's mythic + keys where you'll have random effects such as aoe spawning on you for the negative affixes. But you could also get benefic affixes giving you for example a chance to reanimate a monster or some random and cool bonus like that.
    >Better crafting. Outside of reforging the Diablo 3 crafting is boring. You can check some mods for D2 like Median XL to see how good it can be
    >No more in-game cutscene. I know this one might look weird but I think that one of the things that made D2 and even Classic WoW more immersive was the absence of ingame cutscenes. They simply break the rythm and the surprise of the first encounter
    >Having true farm road again like in D2 and not being forced to do rift. Rift should be rare and rewarding.
    >D3 legendary effect and D2 style of stats.

in d3 the main way that i equipped my gear for my barbarian was through the auction house. the auction house was really good idea to get new gear on the characters. optional gold buyout. i don't know why blizzard scrapped the auction house really stupid and that just killed the game for playing any other characters. there no Magic find on any gear so diablo3 was robbed in its experience. blizz just keeps making bad decisions..

diablo4 needs a way for players to progress one way was by trade with the auction house. or anotherway is using magic find for getting gear on bosses. have to have the gear to progress to the next difficulty other wise its just a waste of time.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2019-10-15 at 01:02 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

it needs good design.

I'd answer with more like what it DOESN'T need, and what it doesn't need is Greater Rifts. This absolutely ruined the game for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls playstyle but with Diablo lore and universe...now that is a dream come true....

that would be interesting... but it kiiiiinda sounds like it would be close to a nioh by blizz? not that i would mind that
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Dark Souls playstyle but with Diablo lore and universe...now that is a dream come true....
    Don't think something like that will happen - if i have to give credit to the Kotaku article that went out some time ago, some sort of concept for this kind of game was created and pursued, but didn't went well.

I think that since blizzard tends to aim to the largest playerbase possible, a somewhat niche game like a soulslike isn't feasible.

Would that have been interesting? Sure.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Bring some damn complexity back to the game. Blizzard seems to consider talent/skill trees anathema, but one of the things that kept me coming back to D2 was trying new crazy build ideas.

It doesn't need to be PoE-level complex, nor should it be, but there's ample design space between that and the over-simplified character mechanics of D3.

Honestly, i just want to play ARPGS with my friends again, diablo 3 brought that without feeling like youre slowing yourself down considerably, if i play with my friends in PoE it just feels like shit unless someone else sacrifices his own fun to play an aura bot. in D3 you always felt like you played your part and you actually progressed quicker playing with others.
    Beyond multiplayer staying fun; alternate progression to Greater Rifts and Paragon Grind, Reworked Gems, Reworked Classes(Some more Overall complexity than beeing shoehorned into a particular set evry season).
    On the other hand, if PoE 4.0 brings good meaningful multiplayer, id probably prefer ther overall game to D4 unless the reworks are godly
    Last edited by Dreen; 2019-10-15 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Don't think something like that will happen - if i have to give credit to the Kotaku article that went out some time ago, some sort of concept for this kind of game was created and pursued, but didn't went well.

I think that since blizzard tends to aim to the largest playerbase possible, a somewhat niche game like a soulslike isn't feasible.

Would that have been interesting? Sure.
    The question is why? I mean really how many company and games tried to copy and did a soul like game and a lot of them were successful and popular? (not all of them ofc because Lords of Fallen was garbage) but you got what I mean. My point is Soul like game is very popular nowadays so a company as big as Blizzard why didn't they do it yet? they can't be that blind really.

A perfect Diablo 4 for me?

Diablo 2's itemization and systems (runes, talents) with Diablo 3 graphics\animations.

i'd play that forever.

Unfortunately, imo, it will be more of the same with slight improvements. They are probably scared to change it much after the whole "no changes" vanilla thing and the cell phone game, any changes they make to anything will be heavily scrutinized. Now isn't the time for risk, and risks would be things like making D4 an open world wrpg like skyrim, or a 3rd person action rpg like Dark Souls.

No, imo, the next diablo game will be just like diablo 3 but with different levels, more loot, different bosses, slightly different classes, but very much a similar game to D3. In fact, it may revert a bit and be more similar to D2 than D3, but I don't think we're getting anything outside the box here. You'll click around, get set bonuses and legendaries, ring sets, you'll probably fight similar types of stuff in a similar engine. They will probably remix the progression system. Most stuff will be the same, just a new version of it imo.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-10-15 at 01:33 PM.

*single player campaign that is longer than 2 hrs. No, playing the same shit on a higher difficulty doesn't mean the game is longer.

*more story interaction and meaningful choices.

*being able to play other things than just humans. Fallen angels and neutral demons, for example.

Oh wait, it just a game for zoomers with the attention span of a gold fish, who lose their shit when a bis orange drops.
    Yeah, nvm, carry on.

10+ Year Old Account
    More variation in classes and being able to customize your hero would help.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The question is why? I mean really how many company and games tried to copy and did a soul like game and a lot of them were successful and popular? (not all of them ofc because Lords of Fallen was garbage) but you got what I mean. My point is Soul like game is very popular nowadays so a company as big as Blizzard why didn't they do it yet? they can't be that blind really.
    It's not a problem of being blind, but more of what you're good (good is subjective) at doing. A new type of game like a soulslike given in the hands of a team not used to create them would take much more investment and time.

I think (but take this with a grain of salt) they're just aiming to create a solid Diablo experience people remember from the days of D2 with new/improved systems so they can recover from the PR damage the franchise has sustained from D3 release and afterward.

It's a crucial point, they cannot afford to miss the shot so they're going the safe route here. If Diablo had a successful game still rolling, they could have easily made a soulslike spinoff to test the waters, but this is not the case currently.

Just my guesses anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Unfortunately, imo, it will be more of the same with slight improvements. They are probably scared to change it much after the whole "no changes" vanilla thing and the cell phone game, any changes they make to anything will be heavily scrutinized. Now isn't the time for risk, and risks would be things like making D4 an open world wrpg like skyrim, or a 3rd person action rpg like Dark Souls.

No, imo, the next diablo game will be just like diablo 3 but with different levels, more loot, different bosses, slightly different classes, but very much a similar game to D3. In fact, it may revert a bit and be more similar to D2 than D3, but I don't think we're getting anything outside the box here. You'll click around, get set bonuses and legendaries, ring sets, you'll probably fight similar types of stuff in a similar engine. They will probably remix the progression system. Most stuff will be the same, just a new version of it imo.
    Basically this, though i can see a new Diablo having a world more structured like WoW, another title where they're pretty solid on building out enviromental stuff.

It needs to take the popular systems of both D2 and D3 and combine them.

It also needs an auction house and an economy. No RMAH obviously, but the lack of an economy has made the game feel fruitless to play.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It needs to take the popular systems of both D2 and D3 and combine them.

It also needs an auction house and an economy. No RMAH obviously, but the lack of an economy has made the game feel fruitless to play.
    If there's an AH, it should be VERY limited. Automated trading = faster than farming = everyone plays AH instead of the game, like it happened in D3. Free trade is fine for consumables, crafting mats, etc. Items, especially powerful ones, needs to be removed from the market when they're traded (basically, once traded, they become soulbound).

all depends what you like, they could always try to make it more MMO like like Lost ark for example, or trying to do more of a mix between d2/d3

I would like more customizing options for gear stats, not just crit dmg/crit chance/atk speed whatever, make it more interesting for different builds. and stop forcing set bonuses with 10 000% increased atk for one skill that is completely superior to all other sets for that class
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-10-16 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's not a problem of being blind, but more of what you're good (good is subjective) at doing. A new type of game like a soulslike given in the hands of a team not used to create them would take much more investment and time.

I think (but take this with a grain of salt) they're just aiming to create a solid Diablo experience people remember from the days of D2 with new/improved systems so they can recover from the PR damage the franchise has sustained from D3 release and afterward.

It's a crucial point, they cannot afford to miss the shot so they're going the safe route here. If Diablo had a successful game still rolling, they could have easily made a soulslike spinoff to test the waters, but this is not the case currently.

Just my guesses anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically this, though i can see a new Diablo having a world more structured like WoW, another title where they're pretty solid on building out enviromental stuff.
    You could apply that same logic when Blizzard first made World of Warcraft you know? back in the days they never ever had any good experience when it comes to MMORPG and making an RTS game like Warcraft into an MMO was a bold move and they made it and succeeded.

So they did it before I can't see why they don't wanna do it again specially now that they have more money and the team is much bigger than before and they have the techs for it for sure.

You could apply that same logic when Blizzard first made World of Warcraft you know? back in the days they never ever had any good experience when it comes to MMORPG and making an RTS game like Warcraft into an MMO was a bold move and they made it and succeeded.

So they did it before I can't see why they don't wanna do it again specially now that they have more money and the team is much bigger than before and they have the techs for it for sure.
    Yes and no. When they were developing WoW, the company was on the rise. Also, the game was never meant to reach these proportions - in an old interview they said that WoW was aiming at 500k players tops, but then like 3 million people bought the game day one and everything went just skyrocketing.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be able to do a soulslike game right now or that they don't have the means to do it, but this is not the right moment especially for a franchise like Diablo that needs a great game right now and they cannot simply afford to miss the shot. So they went the "easier" route, which makes sense. If D3 ended to be the great legacy bearer everyone expected it to be, i'm pretty sure a soulslike spinoff game in the Diablo universe would be a reality.

If D4 is a true great Diablo game, then we can expect something on the line to happen. Projects may be canned, but concepts stay and can be recovered later on.