Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry Why does retail have to be centered around transmogs and mounts?

The reason, in my HUMBLE opinion, why Classic is so successful is because of the huge focus on gear and gold.

Let's not even spend time on the issue of gold in retail. With gold tokens, it's unfixable. Forget about fixing the issue of gold being a thing people care about, that is fun...

Noone in Classic wants to "farm mounts". Noone in Classic wants to "farm transmogs". Everyone wants to get great gear for several, both PvP and PvE, MMORPG reasons.

The "highlights" of 8.2.5 was Worgen/Goblin rework + some bee mount. Don't you think this is a problem? It's the only thing people care about. How fashionable u look with ur character model, transmog and mount. Nothing else matters...

Why would anything else than mounts and transmogs matter. With "seasons" and catch up mechanics up ur ass, what's the point in grinding current gear?

People are even complaining they don't feel like raiding cuz there are no good transmog class sets to farm... What happened to raiding to get some sick gear so u could kill some nubs in PvP?

"Every day we stray further from god.". Wake up Blizzard. Do you even understand what makes Classic so much more appealing than Retail? Or do you still, after all this time of Classic being successful, think Retail is better?

Been playing since Vanilla. "Trasnmog" or what we used to call "cool looking gear" has always been my Number 1 reason to play. And I have fun collecting tons of it. Prove me wrong ^^

PS: The highlight of 8.2.5 was the War Campaign finale. And it was good. IDK where you are getting such wrong info from.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    PS: The highlight of 8.2.5 was the War Campaign finale. And it was good. IDK where you are getting such wrong info from.
    Yeah, the story of the game, that you spend 10 minutes doing each patch, suddenly is the most appealing part of the game. Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Yeah, the story of the game, that you spend 10 minutes doing each patch, suddenly is the most appealing part of the game. Seriously?
    I think the biggest problem with 8.2.5 is your expectation that a X.X.? Patch is anything but filler material. A patch like this is not suppose to have much content. Sounds like you're burnt out. It's best if you just quit and then we can all pretend this thread never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Because the content is not that great.

Actually, scrap this, after re-reading what you said, i just have one thing to say: I love mounts, achievements, and transmogs.

I don't really care if classic doesn't have any of that. Also my transmog on classic was a rainbow.

Yes. I play for the story.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Because they nuked Gear as a progression system.
    And now they scramble and try sell things that were previously optional stuff for the interested player as new core progression system.

It's like a cook who fucked up the main course and now wants to serve you the dessert as the main course.

All this AP grinding is just another sympton, you didn't need that 10 years ago because gear itself was the main character progression, not some weird secondary system that you had to grind out on every character.
    You geared yourself by playing the character in the content that you enjoyed, that's how the game worked, but since this game hands you so much (randomised) gear, that no longer flies.

If there's one thing to learn from classic in my opinion, then it's that the most simplest form of character progression, which is gear, is the best one.
    You slowly improve your character piece by piece, not by achieving some new paragon level by grinding out content that you don't enjoy.

That “10 minutes” of new stuff was more appealing to me than doing the same stuff I did 14-15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think the biggest problem with 8.2.5 is your expectation that a X.X.? Patch is anything but filler material. A patch like this is not suppose to have much content. Sounds like you're burnt out. It's best if you just quit and then we can all pretend this thread never happened.
    At least the patch had more than a selfie cam. Wod players will understand.

You lost when you started complaining about WoW tokens but forgot about the whole chinese gold farmer epidemic in Vanilla

Gold has always been trivial if you wanted it to be.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't. It's just easiest part of game and that's why most people are interested in it. Classic is like TV with 2 channels, Retail with 50 - it has channels with serious stuff, but most people watch sitcoms anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Because the content is not that great.

Actually, scrap this, after re-reading what you said, i just have one thing to say: I love mounts, achievements, and transmogs.

I don't really care if classic doesn't have any of that. Also my transmog on classic was a rainbow.
    Same for me as well. I can't get into Classic or play it very little because of those reasons (not having mounts, transmogs, achievements to collect).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not JUST centered around transmogs or mounts.. but if that has to be pointed out there isn't really much to discuss is there?!

All this seems to be is yet another pro classic circle-jerking jizzfest of a thread.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Same for me as well. I can't get into Classic or play it very little because of those reasons (not having mounts, transmogs, achievements to collect).
    I'm a collector, i can't help it. Retail is more appealing to me. Having bad expansions and bad systems is another subject. I find more appealing having stuff to farm and collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    You lost when you started complaining about WoW tokens but forgot about the whole chinese gold farmer epidemic in Vanilla

Gold has always been trivial if you wanted it to be.
    You don't understand the difference between buying gold being ILLEGAL vs being LEGAL? The fear of getting banned from buying gold from chinese gold farmers was big enough to stop the moajority from doing it...

It isn't, you can choose whether you focus on those things or not. Same as how people choose if they want to play PVE, PVP, RP, only play the AH etc.

And Classic hasn't been out that long, how about you wait and see what its retention will be before tooting it as the golden standard...?
    Clear to see you're just another one of those "I need to shit on retail how can I pretend to have a point I KNOW!!"-people though.

One of the pinnacle achievements in classic WoW is getting your mount. My entire guild has been excitedly posting their mounts as they get them at 60 and we've been doing occasional guild epic mount pictures.

The tier 1 is garbage for most classes, so most people collecting it has been to look awesome when not killing stuff. We've been (un)lucky and 2 of our 3 druids are fully kitted out in Cenarion gear and we've been selling the BoE belt/bracers from a few sets now.

Both Retail and Classic are focused around gear. Why else would retail shower you with basically constant gear?

The main differences in gear/mounts is accessibility. Mounts in classic represent a huge grind probably around 10 days played for the average player. Retail is more about collecting a specific mount because you love the look of it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

seriously? ppl LOVED flexing with exotic mounts since the very begining of the game, and gear too, there were people at cap runing in orgrimmar in gear for low lvl just to show the look they loved... and if someone was so lucky to get mount from Rivendare they would literaly spend hours runing around capitols showing off...

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    I think people are pretty done with the gear treadmill, you know the cycle: "get gear, to do raids, to get better gear, to do better raids, until next expansion where questing gear is better than what you spent months earning in the previous expansion rinse and repeat"

The people who still want that cycle have moved on to Classic.
    Na, i still appreciate gear if i could get tier sets as they stopped having them. I have the curiosity of having the bonus and see the differences while playing with and without it. Having this gear system is the problem for me. I don't like essences much anymore even when i thought i did, cause now makes me have a hard work to lvl up on alts, and it's frustrating me a lot.
    But they ended tiers, and that actually makes me sad, i actually loved them. And if i WAS A DESIGNER of blizzard i would love to just spend some time designing the transmogs for each classes, or maybe i'm just a big nerd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    seriously? ppl LOVED flexing with exotic mounts since the very begining of the game, and gear too, there were people at cap runing in orgrimmar in gear for low lvl just to show the look they loved... and if someone was so lucky to get mount from Rivendare they would literaly spend hours runing around capitols showing off...
    Yep, it was hard to get stuff, so people would just flex, and because transmogs didn't exist, people knew what gear you had just by looking, so even a bigger flex. And mounts, not even going to talk about it. Having a epic mount was godlike.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Well yeah the bonuses are nice but what you say you like having doesn't have a lot to do with the gear grind in and off itself.

If there was a way to get those bonuses without having to grind raids would you or would you not like that?
    Well for example on Legion, i had this trinket i would get in court of stars and this ring i would get on other dungeon i forgot, was a 0/2, that would give a bonus after reaching 2/2. And i liked stuff like that. Or even running after Withered Jim's trinket on a upgrade. Gear can be very appealing to have.