Best way to farm Battlefield Master achievement

I'm not a very used to do pvp. I was going to give it a shot to get the rank 3 essence and i got hooked! So now my plan is to try to go for the 100k honor one and see how far i get before/If i give up. Since i'm not very used to do pvp i just wonder.

What is the best way to grind for this? I play BM hunter on horde and the queuing time is around 10-15 min depends on the day/time etc. When i tried the mercenary mode the alliance queue was around 3-5 min. Do you think the best way is just to get the mercenary buff and grind random bgs?

Also if you could come with some basic pvp tip and trix i would appreciate that.

P.S Sorry for this kind of threat already exist.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    I'm not a very used to do pvp. I was going to give it a shot to get the rank 3 essence and i got hooked! So now my plan is to try to go for the 100k honor one and see how far i get before/If i give up. Since i'm not very used to do pvp i just wonder.

What is the best way to grind for this? I play BM hunter on horde and the queuing time is around 10-15 min depends on the day/time etc. When i tried the mercenary mode the alliance queue was around 3-5 min. Do you think the best way is just to get the mercenary buff and grind random bgs?

Also if you could come with some basic pvp tip and trix i would appreciate that.

As a solo-player, you will need far longer to get some achievements AND it will be far less enjoyable as well. Arguably the best way to get anything done in BGs is to Q up with 2-4 friends and stick together. AFAIK merc mode does not allow group Qing (I play Alliance, i have NEVER seen an active merc NPC). So the best way if you are serious about this is to go Alliance for it since the Qtimes are so much shorter.

But i would wait until Blizzcon to see whether there will actually be 2 factions in 9.0 or not. In any way: You will want to Q up with friends if you are serious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    As a solo-player, you will need far longer to get some achievements AND it will be far less enjoyable as well. Arguably the best way to get anything done in BGs is to Q up with 2-4 friends and stick together. AFAIK merc mode does not allow group Qing (I play Alliance, i have NEVER seen an active merc NPC). So the best way if you are serious about this is to go Alliance for it since the Qtimes are so much shorter.

But i would wait until Blizzcon to see whether there will actually be 2 factions in 9.0 or not. In any way: You will want to Q up with friends if you are serious about it.
    Aha i see. Sadly none of my friends i kill dragons with have any interest in doing pvp after they got their rank 3 essence :/

But i got an other question. If i go merc mode do the honor still counts towards the achievement and do the honor bonus event that is going on right now still take effect if i go merc mode? I asked a few people and i got mixed respond some say no it doesn't and some of them say yes.

One of the best way to gring 100k kills is to queue for Alterac Valley, and fight on the middle of the map, where massive combat often occurs. Personally I wanted every bg achievements, so I queued for every bg back then, and got this achievement without actively seeking it.

Hope this helps a bit, and is not too late as a response - cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    AFAIK merc mode does not allow group Qing
    You can group queue with merc buff. You just need to have all players in the group get the buff. I’ve done it quite a few times. Very commonly, Horde honor farming groups are “merc groups” because the queues are faster and there is often the honor incentive bonus on the Alliance side, though not so much lately.

But i got an other question. If i go merc mode do the honor still counts towards the achievement and do the honor bonus event that is going on right now still take effect if i go merc mode? I asked a few people and i got mixed respond some say no it doesn't and some of them say yes.
    You get honor as if you are a member of the opposite faction when you have merc buff.

I know this thread was from a couple weeks ago and you have probably formed your own opinions, but 100k honor really isn’t that much. I’ve had quite a few days with 20k or more honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You can group queue with merc buff. You just need to have all players in the group get the buff. I’ve done it quite a few times. Very commonly, Horde honor farming groups are “merc groups” because the queues are faster and there is often the honor incentive bonus on the Alliance side, though not so much lately.

You get honor as if you are a member of the opposite faction when you have merc buff.

I know this thread was from a couple weeks ago and you have probably formed your own opinions, but 100k honor really isn’t that much. I’ve had quite a few days with 20k or more honor.
    Yeah i got it yesterday night before i went to bed. I underestimate how long i would actually take, went a lot faster then i excepted. I also like to say thank you once again for all the help/tips i got from you all. I'm not longer i need of help... for now.

Yeah i got it yesterday night before i went to bed. I underestimate how long i would actually take, went a lot faster then i excepted. I also like to say thank you once again for all the help/tips i got from you all. I'm not longer i need of help... for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    in 2 weeks its Comp Stomp, pick up the merc buff and get goin.
    U gonna have that achiev by the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    in 2 weeks its Comp Stomp, pick up the merc buff and get goin.
    U gonna have that achiev by the end of the week
    The OP already got it, the thread was bumped by a spammer (note that he copied post 6 word for word as his reply).