Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Not really, since there are quests in Retail that don't require any of those 3. Which is the point. There may be many quests like it, but there are also plenty of quests which have unique styles to them. Like racing or playing a minigame or controlling a vehicle/another character that has their own set of abilities. Hell BFA has a WQ which is literally a bobsled minigame and it is fun and unique.
    I was speaking on classic quest content. I know as the game went on we get more scripted and different quests. But in classic they are all fundamentally one of those few categories. The only real differentiating factor is either the story content or the reward that make it memorable.

I'm having the same situation with my wife...
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    I remember back in the day when I first played wow vanilla as a kid, I enjoyed every second of it, now as an adult this game feels like retail when leveling and since I am an adult this makes the game way easier than before. Never had that nostalgic feeling. Lies just lies
    Yeah. Everyone speaks for themselves. Nostalgia is a personal feeling, so it's not necessary a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post

Yes because it's satisfying to be able to completely destroy everything in the world without a challenge...
    Other then Mythic Raids the game is beyond ez mode.

PVP stat scaling... what a complete joke.
    There's no sense of being "powerful" after you've picked up loot.
    look dude, i have a job, kids in elementary school, food to cook, and i don't feel like putting all my self worth into a game anymore. so yea, swtor is great. i don't need a sense of feeling powerful because i know i just got better gear. it's there. the pvp? i love it. you know why? THERE ARE VULNERABILITIES. it's not all "kill kill kill", you have to back off and wait for certain moments to attack. seems like some people are able to hack in huttball though, which can kind of piss a guy off. oh, and i appreciate the shit out of a good story. seems to me like there are at least 8 good stories in swtor, followed by one hell of an Outlander story line. i can only hope the new content is as good story wise as kotfe and kotet.

"enjoy" yourself with classic.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Classic is exactly as I remember it. Having said that, I know I'll rapidly lose interest at 60. I can't do the PvP grind again and I don't want to raid. Hoping a Wrath server is planned in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    Me now : Leveling is actually engaging, I've got 3 characters between 25 and 30. And there's no pressure to log on everyday. God I miss that.
    Yes! Not having the pressure of doing any kind of dailies is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpharius View Post
    elder scrolls online is a bad game tho
    I loved ESO. I wish I could get back into it.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I remember back in the day when I first played wow vanilla as a kid, I enjoyed every second of it, now as an adult this game feels like retail when leveling and since I am an adult this makes the game way easier than before. Never had that nostalgic feeling. Lies just lies
    if you expected leveling to be fun you had no taste as a child and deserved what you got

You mean retail with an anchor tied around your neck and a clothespin around your nose.

Play the game really baked and your views will change OP lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Honestly? No it isn't an unfair comparison.
    I don't care what the mob looks like, I don't care what the zone looks like, collecting 10 [creature]asses is collecting 10[creature]asses. It's always the same, just as WQs. At least for WQs I have a properly functioning class at max level on my hands compared to some crappy low level gimp that has 3 relevant buttons max.

Quest design is hilariously unimaginative in WoW. That goes for both: retail and vanilla. IMHO open world gameplay has always been the least enjoyable part of the game.
    WoW only gets fun in complex boss encounters, that's where Blizzards DEVs always excelled.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fun... until you brain afk run to your accustomed flight point and wonder why they all look rather displeased.
    Indeed, quest design in WoW has always been terrible compared to most other types of RPGs. Play something like Dragon Age Origins or even better Fallout New Vegas, where most quests have several alternate ways of being completed depending on your skills, reputations or past actions, and stuff like kill 10 of X, go deliver that to Y or bring me 12 murloc testicles just can't compare whenever you're playing Classic or retail.

There's a reason "mmo-esque quests" is a byword for "grindy dogshit" among people who play non-MMO RPGs. I'd say the only zone that ever tried to deviate from that model in a significant way was Suramar in Legion, and even that was gone when ToV/Nighthold got released and you just outgeared the content, removing the need to be careful.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    lol

What you are experiencing is closer to deja vu. You've seen this before as opposed to when you were a kid and it was all new.

If you don't understand the substantial difference in how the game plays in Classic vs Retail, well...that is an entirely different problem that no one here will be able to solve...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who lied to you? Sounds like you lied to yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    im having a great time, cant wait to hit 60...im 49 atm. I still have that feeling that every mob i kill has a chance of dropping my first boe epic, just like i did back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only have to blame yourself! You expected to enjoy Classic the same way you enjoyed it 15 years ago... A lot of people, like myself, enjoy it just because Classic fit way more the kind of mmo we love to play than BFA. Nostalgic can be a Reason to like something but at the end, the fun you have playing something always win over any other reason. For me… I never had that much fun playing a mmo since years!
    Last edited by riptal; 2019-10-09 at 07:33 PM.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Classic has been a lot of fun ... hope to get lvl 40 tonight.

Retail is just not engaging or fun, classic though I play every day, some days only for an hour ... other days more. Even if i could only play once a week i would still Sub to classic. If it was nostalgia I would have quit 20 lvls ago.

How is a subjective opinion a lie?

How about this. Im having a blast in classic. CHeck mate.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Yep! There wasn't much nostalgia for me either. The game is just great without having any rose tinted goggles on, I'm only 41 now but I'm loving the whole experience.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    look dude, i have a job, kids in elementary school, food to cook, and i don't feel like putting all my self worth into a game anymore. so yea, swtor is great. i don't need a sense of feeling powerful because i know i just got better gear. it's there. the pvp? i love it. you know why? THERE ARE VULNERABILITIES. it's not all "kill kill kill", you have to back off and wait for certain moments to attack. seems like some people are able to hack in huttball though, which can kind of piss a guy off. oh, and i appreciate the shit out of a good story. seems to me like there are at least 8 good stories in swtor, followed by one hell of an Outlander story line. i can only hope the new content is as good story wise as kotfe and kotet.

"enjoy" yourself with classic.
    swtor isn't even an MMO dude

it had promise but it's so bad beyond huttball lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can never recapture the experience of when you played it for the first time. Everything was a discovery because everything was new and unknown. We're experienced players now and we know what to expect. It's inevitable. But that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable and fun. I'm having a lot of fun doing the old quests and I'm really looking forward to running original Scholo again like I did back in the day (over and over again).
    I'm a crazy taco.

Blizzard thanks you for your $15.