Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My nostalgia belong in the zones, old zones, old Orgrimmar or Tirisfal Glades
    I’m not sure If i missed been run around by mobs at every foot square though. Its just a waste of time, much time consuming.
    And I though the game was much challenging than that.
    So far after 5 days Ill say 5/10 nostalgia factor

I spent most of last evening/night with some awesome guidlies running through Jintha'lor in the Hinterlands where you get a bunch of quests to kill stuff but most importantly, get tons of XP and some of the best items pre raid. The Rune of the Guard Captain in praticular, a trinket which gives you 20+ Attack Power and 1% hit. I had, fun questing here with my group. It took time, even tho the people that were helping me, 3 of them were level 60 and semi raidgeared. It didn't matter that the mobs were 47-51 elites, they still hit them hard enough so that they couldn't just pull everything do some aoe and be done with it. It wasn't difficult mind you, but you needed to exercise caution.
    I am EXCTATIC to get this trinket. It's green/uncommon quality.

Another guildie just got his Benediction/Anathema. I was so excited when he got the Eye of Divinity I spammed his chat with YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!
    I have not done this, have not felt this kind of elation of getting an item in I can't tell you how long. There just isn't anyhing like it. You don't get this type of excitment for stuff in Retail because most stuff, is not hard to procure. It boggles my mind that a top tier raider team that puts in tons of work to kill a boss on Mythic, and you're sitting there and you get your shiny 445 item and are happy, but not too happy, because you know there is an LFR raid somewhere where someone else got the same item only 455, with virtually no effort at all.

To each his own, but don't tell me that the nostalgia is gone. It's not. It's there for us that like it and have something to be nostalgic about.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Well I played back then and I play a bit now. The nostalgia is there, especially towards the early human alliance zones (elwyn-westfall-darkshire-redridge).

That said, classic does require alot of time. I can push out a couple of hours now and then so i'll spend forever reaching 60. I guess it does not matter either, I have done all there is to do in classic(except naxx) so i'll just enjoy each zone.

BUT I HAVE NOT MISSED THE GOD DAMN LOW DROPRATES FROM MOBS

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    I spent most of last evening/night with some awesome guidlies running through Jintha'lor in the Hinterlands where you get a bunch of quests to kill stuff but most importantly, get tons of XP and some of the best items pre raid. The Rune of the Guard Captain in praticular, a trinket which gives you 20+ Attack Power and 1% hit. I had, fun questing here with my group. It took time, even tho the people that were helping me, 3 of them were level 60 and semi raidgeared. It didn't matter that the mobs were 47-51 elites, they still hit them hard enough so that they couldn't just pull everything do some aoe and be done with it. It wasn't difficult mind you, but you needed to exercise caution.
    I am EXCTATIC to get this trinket. It's green/uncommon quality.

Another guildie just got his Benediction/Anathema. I was so excited when he got the Eye of Divinity I spammed his chat with YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!
    I have not done this, have not felt this kind of elation of getting an item in I can't tell you how long. There just isn't anyhing like it. You don't get this type of excitment for stuff in Retail because most stuff, is not hard to procure. It boggles my mind that a top tier raider team that puts in tons of work to kill a boss on Mythic, and you're sitting there and you get your shiny 445 item and are happy, but not too happy, because you know there is an LFR raid somewhere where someone else got the same item only 455, with virtually no effort at all.

To each his own, but don't tell me that the nostalgia is gone. It's not. It's there for us that like it and have something to be nostalgic about.
    And don't tell me people don't get extremely excited killing bosses in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well, you can't recreate not knowing the world of the game.
    That unfamiliarity and sense of exploration made up a lot of the charm of the original.
    I see this a lot and I'm wondering. How much of an amazing memory does everyone have here ? It's not like I forgot everything but there were quite a lot of things I didn't think of or remembered differently because how it had changed over all those expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    I remember back in the day when I first played wow vanilla as a kid, I enjoyed every second of it, now as an adult this game feels like retail when leveling and since I am an adult this makes the game way easier than before. Never had that nostalgic feeling. Lies just lies
    I mean sucks for you but this is not the case for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    swtor isn't even an MMO dude

it had promise but it's so bad beyond huttball lol
    i mean, there are dungeons, raids, pvp, heroic quests that require more than one person, dailies...and plenty of people around to do all that with...

sooooooooo............. that's a MMO.

the only thing i don't like about it is that a lot of the good looking gear pieces are in the cartel market, which costs real money. BUT when you give away your content to subscribers instead of charging them the monthly fee and then making them purchase content on top of that, i guess you have to make money somewhere else.

and huttball blows dude. i hate it with a passion.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-10-10 at 09:52 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

what was great 15 years ago, most chances will not be great today.

Oh yes vanilla quests are bad and boring/unimaginative.

15 years later...

A turtle made it to the water.

I disagree,

But having said that, The nostalgia is NOT the reason why the game is doing well now.

It's fundamentally different to retail and players have embraced that fact. It IS flawed by modern design standards....and MANY people love that.

If people think this is the same game as retail, well I don't know what to tell them, they are wrong.

I'm having more fun in Classic than I've had in years on Retail, but I just like this version of the game more than I do Retail.

That said: I personally don't care what version of the game that people play, or if people do or don't play. Do what makes you happy. All of this hurr durr Classic vs Retail knuckledragging and hurr durr someone lied to me bullshit is really fucking stupid. There's a much easier solution to all of this than generating outrage on the internet.

Without reading the whole thread I will say what I am sure has been posed dozens of times already:

Vanilla happened 15 years ago. You/we explored the world/classes/dungeons/mechanics for the first tme back then. This feeling will never come back. Classic is a new experience - the taste of what it was for those who didn't play it, and tons of memmories hiding in all corners of the world for whose who did.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post
    I disagree, ... It IS flawed by modern design standards....and MANY people love that...
    I disagree, there are flaws that plenty of people dislike, despite enjoying Classic overally (myself included). The quickest example that pops in my mind is the needlessly great punishment for swapping specs.
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2019-10-10 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i mean, there are dungeons, raids, pvp, heroic quests that require more than one person, dailies...and plenty of people around to do all that with...

sooooooooo............. that's a MMO.

the only thing i don't like about it is that a lot of the good looking gear pieces are in the cartel market, which costs real money. BUT when you give away your content to subscribers instead of charging them the monthly fee and then making them purchase content on top of that, i guess you have to make money somewhere else.

and huttball blows dude. i hate it with a passion.
    i mean if you played it i'm not gonna go into why it isn't an MMO in 2019

It was barely one when it was released

You're an idiot or lying, either way. Shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    World Quests are at least over and done with fast and you can play any spec and be viable.
    "over and done with fast"

1 hour to clear the map every day... forever... used 4 days to get to 60, then all i had to do was 2 attunement quests.

just because world quests are artifically gated does not mean they are over and done with fast, the comparison is that WOw classic was a mobile game, and u only had enough "Energy" to do 2 quests a day.

not sure why I'm even bothering to explain this, you've clearly shown that you have absolutely no taste in game design, ESO omegalol.

Nostalgia aside, Classic is just a fun game.
    Closed realms are back and it's something that truly is a must for a great mmo.

Running into the same guilds & players of an opposing faction and continuously starting wars has been a lost memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    sure, but being viable doesnt mean it's fun.

and world quests are something you do waaaaaaaaaaaay more than you do regular quests in classic.

I mean the gmae's been out for a year and people are still doing them.

in classic you quests for a couple weeks and you're done
    What do you do in Classic? Sit around and wait? Do raids where you can have multiple AFKers and faceroll easily? Shouldn't throw stones from a glass house

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    What do you do in Classic? Sit around and wait? Do raids where you can have multiple AFKers and faceroll easily? Shouldn't throw stones from a glass house
    pvp do raids, farm dungeons.

same as I would on bfa.

except none of them are a mandatory chore like AP grind is. plus pvp is actually fun where it is god awful on retail (but that's obviously subjective)

also, dont compare apples to oranges.

I never said the raids in classic arent easy.

just that questing in vanilla is way less tedious than world quests on retail.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2019-10-12 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Even as a first time player I wasn't all that impressed by it. It's like retail but your class sucks and the quests suck.

I also recommend trying another MMO like ESO or SWTOR if you want that first-time experience.
    Except ur class sucks in retail if its not one of the top 3 dps. There is no other role but dps tank or heal. At least with classic enhancement has usually 1 raid spot at least. Retail depends if your casuals if they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    You can do that with 3 of the retail current difficulties and after awhile even mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    I remember back in the day when I first played wow vanilla as a kid, I enjoyed every second of it, now as an adult this game feels like retail when leveling and since I am an adult this makes the game way easier than before. Never had that nostalgic feeling. Lies just lies
    There were many of us who played back in the day who had no interest whatsoever in Classic because we understood it wasn't going to hold up to our remembrance of it after 15 years. If there was any lie, it was you lying to yourself.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

i cant explain perfect on what is good change and bad change but even i know what i dislike from classic and what i want from tbc and wotlk to be in classic

but bfa is far from fun progression even stats are less fun in retail compare to classic i dont mind keeping new talant ability choice thing but i still wuld like a passive talant tree with alot choices to make better sense of progression

but 1 think i know is the spec with worst evolution is beast master you are pretty much only shouting at a pet while shooting where is the beast mastery btw exotic pet dont really show much beast mastery meele is a better choice then again legion culd have done something intresting with survival like letting it do both meele and ranged weapon the same way a fury warrior have 2 two hand weapons but yes there is alot problems with retail

good titan forge is getting removed i prefer the upgrade system... but the sense of you never feeling you can take a break from the game where you dont feel like you are not gona be done gearing your char to begin on alts that is a problem becus of to much content

allied races weakness is if you played wow for a long time and most likly maxed all classes to max lvl then the point of unlocking it is abit boring i think priest in classic showed 1 thing fun where race unique class ability

the big problem with retail is we got good reason to critize the evolution and what element evolve from the bad or good each expansion

we finaly getting a improved AH many expansion later...

collection got a weakness gear like mail armor needs to improve to be honest its wierd they dont compare mail armor with Link from Hyrule warriors or skyward sword the cartoon graphic that shots the tunic got mail under it...
    armor design still evolved abit bad over time i am still waiting for more long coat or short robe options scarf instead of cape/cloak

mount dont have a big inpact in the game becus there is to many belluar news even says guild wars 2 system with mount family tree abilty wuld be a improvement wich i agree but that gona take some time with all the mounts

classic culd use some talant improvements on few classes talking number balance, some new few flight paths not over 10 but a few 2-4, some few more spirit healer for gravyard release, meeting stone summon... but you know no changes..... for good things

atleast bg will come into the game but wuld been more fun if it was there day 1

retail scale system is really bad and makes stats feel pointless its like there is no point to have lvl in the game.... becus stats are not the thing that makes you hit harder it is your lvl for some reason..... the scale thing also killed the fun in low lvl bg twinking

its fine that some people like a scaled based bg but maby that should be its own game so that the rpg game can have a rpg game based BG instead of a scaled version

final note blizzard should start creating sub class 1 spec based class to give better reason to lvl allied race for people that played the game from day 1

as to be said again i dont think what i said was perfect but there is clear problem in both
    wow classic is not a nostalgia thing it is a gamestyle the hard gameplay is when you are not careful the punishment is time

wow classic is good when it comes to show you how short your patience have becom wich is a bad thing
    not trying to shame people that work alot and dont have much time at all they got good reason for it

but slow phased gameplay is a desire people enjoy

you can always say it is nostalgia that makes you go back to a old game but to me it is the gameplay

i can easy prefer ff7 over the remake becus i wuld rather want it to be turn based

and sry for the wall of text

edit: old stats system compare to the new stats system are more fun i cant get into the versatility and mastery as part of the stats much prefer attack power, crit, spell power, attack speed and spirit yes simple basic stats
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-12 at 07:51 PM.