Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since they all blur into each other, im not sure if this is the 'official' complaint thread. But here's a complaint (and something wow does better)... Ive hit level cap, (Grats!), but quests still give me experience as a reward... This wouldnt stand in wow. Im not sure how annoyed i should be by this, but i am kinda annoyed that its not all transfered to gil... i mean, i spent 3 hours last night looking for a clubbing transmog (and realised it was about 6 times the price of my best in slot (on the market board) lvl 80 outfits).

I seriously need gil. I dont need 1.3million xp for finishing a quest when there are no more levels to grind. I NEED gil!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Since they all blur into each other, im not sure if this is the 'official' complaint thread. But here's a complaint (and something wow does better)... Ive hit level cap, (Grats!), but quests still give me experience as a reward... This wouldnt stand in wow. Im not sure how annoyed i should be by this, but i am kinda annoyed that its not all transfered to gil... i mean, i spent 3 hours last night looking for a clubbing transmog (and realised it was about 6 times the price of my best in slot (on the market board) lvl 80 outfits).

I seriously need gil. I dont need 1.3million xp for finishing a quest when there are no more levels to grind. I NEED gil!!!
    Yeah I'd really like more ways to make larger amounts of gil from stuff I'm already doing, like roulettes, dungeons and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post

You can get 18 million exp for a triple crafting leve, exp is always easy to get. There are a ton of ways to get gil, so you're going to have to start doing those. You can get 1-2 mil a week just casually playing the game.

The only "serious problem" for me is the lack of Highlander eyebrows. I get the lore and all that, but shaving them should be an option. It's not like they have a "no eyebrows" gene or something.

Ive noticed something about my typing... when i say "im annoyed" or im angry that", im not really either one of those things. At most im slightly less than completely non-plussed. Nothing really irritates me about the game. I only mention it because im prone to dramatics and dont want anyone to think im actually serious (: eta:definitely 1000% this in the spoiler thread (sorry val...). Its stream of conscious mischief.

Apropos of nothing, i am VERY angry that the twins in yx'whatsitsface made me do all their chores. Apoplectic in fact! (Hang on, let me check i spelled apoplectic right?).
    I did. Im less angry but only by a percentile! If they learned anything, its that they have a career in middle management.

Squeeeee!!!! Princess Peach ((im not naming names) is a sorceress! All my birthdays have come at once! Thanks trust system!
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-02 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    You can get 18 million exp for a triple crafting leve, exp is always easy to get. There are a ton of ways to get gil, so you're going to have to start doing those. You can get 1-2 mil a week just casually playing the game.
    And what are those casual ways?

Collectables, how annoying you are, some can be turned in while others are just taking up room.
    Currently doing the level 60 botany job quest, waiting for another unspoiled node. Watching, and waiting, on edge of my seat anticipating.

This is a shit take. The game absolutely isn't for you if you don't care about a story. Go play fortnite

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    And what are those casual ways?

Collectables, how annoying you are, some can be turned in while others are just taking up room.
    Currently doing the level 60 botany job quest, waiting for another unspoiled node. Watching, and waiting, on edge of my seat anticipating.
    Running roulettes and desynthing, 1 map per day is 350k/week, coffee biscuits is 630k/week, selling tome mats, retainer ventures, doing things like fetes for tokens to sell mounts/minions, etc. Stuff that doesn't take much time over just basically playing the game. When materia is more relevant, hunt trains can make a decent amount too.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I struggle to stay at 100k gil, idk how the hell anyone has a million or more.
    Be max level and max gear and have nothing more to spend it on.

For a more serious answer, pay attention to what crafted items are selling for the most gil, search up their mats, find out how to farm them, and then sell them. I made 11 mil in less than a month and then stopped because I realised I didn't need that much with nothing to spend it on, since I've been curved at every opportunity to buy a housing plot

Honestly, op has good points. The ability bloat and dips queue times are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Once you reach level 80 and finish the MSQ, and do the raid and trial storylines, you've consumed almost all of the meaningful content in the game. The only things left to do are:

• Grind other jobs up so you can see their storylines. Unfortunately the vast majority of job storylines are meh. There are a few "good" storylines, such as the Samurai 50-60, the Gunbreaker 60-70, and Dark Knight 60-70, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time and effort it takes the level grind those jobs up just to see those storylines. If you intend to play those jobs at higher level content, then sure.
    • Do repeatable activities such as the Gold Saucer minigames, PvP, decorating your house, or glamour hunting until you get bored.
    • Grind for relic weapons that will be outdated due to gear treadmill when the next patch hits. Do you want that glowing weapon? Do you want to spend 300 hours grinding for it? No? Then don't do the grind.
    Just to add a few onto the side quest list, the Postmoogle Quests (ARR), the Scholasticate (HW), and the Void Quests are all yellow side quests that are definitely worth doing. The stories are great and they have titles and glamour pieces tied to them. The Void Quests do require you to have 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 Physical DPS (Ranged or Melee), and 1 Magical DPS at level 80 though, since it unlocks when you complete the role quests for each.

There's also Hildebrand, but it's a Blue quest and I think most people know about it by now due to how popular it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Honestly, the games only problem is the freaking slog the leveling is. They've taken small steps to fix it, but thus far it's a con that pays because people have to buy boosts to enjoy the game. I know it's subjective, but the questing in ARR/Heavensward is garbage.
    I think the biggest "issue" for those trying to push through old content to "catch up" is the way you are FORCED to do the MSQ, including the raids! For those wanting to level as a tank or healer, thats a lot of pressure to perform a pivitol role in a new game, in dungeons and even raid content. Yes, the difficulty is low, and yes, the community is, for the most part, extremely receptive of new players, but its still one glaring issue i have.

Now, the MSQ part - I know a lot of people will respond with "but the story is amazing! thats why they want to force you to experience it!" but my problem is the nature of the MSQ, and the fact your level will greatly exceed the MSQ simply by doing JUST the MSQ, so it feels very forced (which it is) and a bit clunky. The provide AI teammates much later on, but i think its done backwards - for those wanting to push through the MSQ, i think THEY (the new players) should be able to 'solo' that content with AI teammates - they still get to experience the content, but without the pressure to perform.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I struggle to stay at 100k gil, idk how the hell anyone has a million or more.
    On a second account, with ZERO assistance from anyone, in the free trial, i had around 250k @ lvl 50, and this was a trial so zero use of market / ah or selling anything in game - just from the MSQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Size doesn't matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I think the biggest "issue" for those trying to push through old content to "catch up" is the way you are FORCED to do the MSQ, including the raids! For those wanting to level as a tank or healer, thats a lot of pressure to perform a pivitol role in a new game, in dungeons and even raid content.
    The CT raids being required was a recent addition for understanding later events. I am adamantly opposed to group content of any kind being required for story/character progression, but I like the rest of the game so I grit my teeth and bear it. The CT raids are pure chaos though. I wouldn't want to be responsible for tanking them, but healing basically amounts to doing your best among those who know what mechanics to avoid. The others are probably going to die.

Now, the MSQ part - I know a lot of people will respond with "but the story is amazing! thats why they want to force you to experience it!" but my problem is the nature of the MSQ, and the fact your level will greatly exceed the MSQ simply by doing JUST the MSQ, so it feels very forced (which it is) and a bit clunky.
    I know it's probably not intuitive, but everyone should level at least one other job and alternate MSQ EXP. Those on a preferred server should level multiple jobs via the MSQ.

On a second account, with ZERO assistance from anyone, in the free trial, i had around 250k @ lvl 50, and this was a trial so zero use of market / ah or selling anything in game - just from the MSQ.
    Same. Fun fact: The ARR story skip gives you 300k gil, which is roughly about what I had when I finished ARR. I would've had more if I had the ability to sell on the market board. Not being able to use the MB, not having any crafters, or housing meant I didn't have any money sinks.
    "Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought." - Isaac Bashevis Singer

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Well, the thread is called "A decent MMO plagued by some serious problems that make it unplayable in the long run", which makes me believe that:
    - There is something wrong with the endgame content?
    - Once you are done with the MSQ, there is nothing interesting to keep doing?
    - If you have level 80 on all class/jobs you are more than done?
    - PvP is bad? (I havent tried myself yet...)
    - No more activities to do?

that kind of "problems" i mean....
    We had a bunch of threads on the same theme like "what dont you like about the game?". All of them where closed since we only needed one. The fact that the one with the most antagonizing title was kept indicates that it was a biased decision.

Nothing in this title is objectively true. Why it's allowed to stay open is beyond me. If I made the exact same thread in the WoW section it would be closed within an hour.

The only thing that really bothers me is the delay of other player's stop/walk animation.

God I hate moving legs when people stand still. Why can't the synchronization be better ?!?

Everything else is superior

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I hadn't paid attention to it until I kept seeing this sentiment, but there does seem to be a lack of ... I don't know how to put it. The other female characters either aren't generally liked (Lyse), are lalafells (Krile, Tataru), are of questionable age (Alisaie), or don't stick around long enough to be meaningful, and that's it? Who am I missing because it seems like pickings for female "waifu" characters are slim.
    Well there is the admiral shes kinda a good waifu.. oh yeah the original minfilia ward in the start of game shes a good waifu also then there is gaia the one who argued alot then made friends with rynn i think i covered them all and yes lyse is a good waifu not sure why people dont like her.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Ryne and Gaia are both underage, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Well there is the admiral shes kinda a good waifu.. oh yeah the original minfilia ward in the start of game shes a good waifu also then there is gaia the one who argued alot then made friends with rynn i think i covered them all and yes lyse is a good waifu not sure why people dont like her.
    Y'shtola? I just entered HS and I get the feeling that her character also has more depth than all the others. Definitely waifu material

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Ryne and Gaia are both underage, though...
    With an age of consent of 13 Japan probably sees that differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    With an age of consent of 13 Japan probably sees that differently.
    Age of consent and being underage are two different things. A 13yr old is still a kid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..