Diver's Folly weakauras

Anyone haves a weak aura for Diver's Folly

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Its like having a weak aura for when your offhand hits.
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    Why? Its like having a weak aura for when your offhand hits.
    I dont get it either, but I see a lot of people having it.. must be mainly out of curiosity. Or if they are afraid it will pop on low health mobs while having high bursting stacks :b

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I dont get it either, but I see a lot of people having it.. must be mainly out of curiosity. Or if they are afraid it will pop on low health mobs while having high bursting stacks :b
    Looks like for Aoe mainly, if it procs, might be better to use cp for envenom instead of reapplying poisons, until the ability ends. Basically do as much dmg as possible ST for the aoe effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irmos View Post
    Anyone haves a weak aura for Diver's Folly
    Just hop on Wago.io and find one you like. If I cant make my own, this is where I get them. I took a quick look and found a couple that I would use personally.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Looks like for Aoe mainly, if it procs, might be better to use cp for envenom instead of reapplying poisons, until the ability ends. Basically do as much dmg as possible ST for the aoe effect.
    Dude it's an Axe... :S
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-12-05 at 09:44 PM.

Dude it's an Axe... :S
    Ohh word it is lol. I wasn't looking at the item, just the effect and why someone would even want to track it.

Ohh word it is lol. I wasn't looking at the item, just the effect and why someone would even want to track it.
    But it's not really worth tracking. The proc change is very low, so it would never be worth saving CD's for a proc. So the only reason to track it would be for pure curiosity. But it adds no beneficial value.

General rule: if something doesn't change your behavior, you don't need to track it. And the more it changes your behavior, the more visible it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    General rule: if something doesn't change your behavior, you don't need to track it. And the more it changes your behavior, the more visible it should be.
    Exactly. And Diver's Folly doesn't change your behavior because you cannot predict the proc and saving CD's for a potential future proc would be completely insane.

But it's not really worth tracking. The proc change is very low, so it would never be worth saving CD's for a proc. So the only reason to track it would be for pure curiosity. But it adds no beneficial value.
    As I said the only reason would be to somehow increase a damage window, but being as it's outlaw only, that would mean holding back SnD or RtB which is a DPS loss regardless of how many runthroughs you could get in there.

As I said the only reason would be to somehow increase a damage window, but being as it's outlaw only, that would mean holding back SnD or RtB which is a DPS loss regardless of how many runthroughs you could get in there.
    SnD.. LuL xD

So back to what we all have been saying from the start: it makes no sense to track it.

So back to what we all have been saying from the start: it makes no sense to track it.
    Yeah, I didn't think it made any sense to track to begin with, but I played devil's advocate.

Yeah, I didn't think it made any sense to track to begin with, but I played devil's advocate.
    To begin with you thought it was an Assassination weapon. You clearly have no in-game experience with this weapon xD

rong

it actually is very worth tracking. if you get a proc while shooting the cannons in TD before last boss, that damage is applied to your folly proc. so you'd want to make sure to pull the boss immediately and get a fat 1-2 mil hit off the rip. Thats just one example. another would be during bursting weeks you need to know if youre about to drop a folly proc into some low hp mobs. Its worth tracking for higher end M+ stuff, but if you are only doing your minimum weekly or raiding then yah, probably not worth tracking. but to say there is no reason to track it is just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jovrix View Post
    it actually is very worth tracking. if you get a proc while shooting the cannons in TD before last boss, that damage is applied to your folly proc. so you'd want to make sure to pull the boss immediately and get a fat 1-2 mil hit off the rip. Thats just one example. another would be during bursting weeks you need to know if youre about to drop a folly proc into some low hp mobs. Its worth tracking for higher end M+ stuff, but if you are only doing your minimum weekly or raiding then yah, probably not worth tracking. but to say there is no reason to track it is just plain wrong.
    I actually mentioned the bursting scenario earlier in this thread.

Yes, there are a few niche situations where tacking it could make sense. However this will mostly be relevant to skilled players (as you also mention) and I assume that the OP is not one since he doesn't know how to make a simple weak aura himself. So when I said there is no reason to track it I meant in the context of the average player. For the regular Joe it will just be pointless information. I see so many people tracking a lot information with weak auras which they don't really use for anything and it just end up creating a unnecessary mess in their interface.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-01-30 at 09:53 PM.

There are many scenarios, but only one way for beginners