Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I didn't say that. What I said was...some servers, like Mal'Ganis were 99/1. Other servers that were smaller than Mal'Ganis were 90/10. yet others were 80/20, etc. etc., but it gets less and less servers that weren't that imbalanced. They were all either heavy Alliance or Heavy Horde. You didn't see any 50/50 servers, or 55/45 servers.

And to my point, if the majority of players on PVP servers cared for good World PVP, those players wouldn't be flocking to servers that had no one from the other faction or so few from the other faction that none of them ventured out into the world.
    And like I said, prove me wrong, but I don't believe any server has ever been 99/1.

well considering there is close to zero content in classic, they have to do something.

corpse camping, is the whole reason why southpark made an episode all about wow. and how do you kill that which has no life. killing a lowbie a couple times? sure fine. but sitting there and wasting your own time as they spirit walk to their corpse so you can waste more of their time is fucking petty and stupid. yes its part of the game. but again, you sit and wait, doing nothing as they haul ass back too their body, because ... you have nothing to do? not much of a step up from doing nothing if all you do is gank the same lowbie over and over and over. sitting and waiting until round 29365 starts. might as well go back to your starting zone and farm boars for the copper to buy your fast mount. at least then you have a goal to your pointless time sink grind.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And like I said, prove me wrong, but I don't believe any server has ever been 99/1.
    I don't have to prove you wrong. What I said was true, though I have no idea where you can look it up. Also, I don't care. PVP servers are cesspools where you find the worst traits of humanity, which is an unsustainable game model. But if you want to declare some internet victory because I won't google search for you, go ahead. take the points. I'll still laugh at you when you cry that world PVP is dead.

I enjoy PVP, but I don't always want to do it, and I don't care to do it if it's not a challenge. So if I can one shot someone, that's not compelling PVP to me. If someone can one shot me, that's not compelling PVP to me. I enjoyed world PVP when I would run into another random-similar level person, where we would fight without one of us waiting for the other to pull mobs. That's enjoyable. The problem is, that's not what happens. So I stopped playing on PVP servers.

And it wasn't just me who stopped. Lots of other players stopped playing on PVP servers, or they transferred to servers with a giant faction imbalance. They they all cried that's there's no world PVP after they made sure there would be no world PVP, then they blamed Blizzard for it, when all Blizzard did is give them exactly what they asked for - no rules PVP where they could kill other players while they have an unfair advantage.

Since most players don't want any rules, they can just sit and cry about world PVP dying while people stop doing it, 'cause it's no fun for the other player getting camped/griefed.

I would love open world PVP, where there are rules in place to make it fair and enjoyable. I would always push for that. So that's the "why are you responding if you don't care". Because I see a problem that makes the game less fun, pushes me to servers I wouldn't prefer, and in the end eat's itself anyway, because it's not sustainable. So I put it out there hoping people will see it, and at least have an idea and an understanding of why people ask for PVP servers with some kinda rules to make world PVP have some, at least, minuscule sense of fairness.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I don't have to prove you wrong. What I said was true, though I have no idea where you can look it up. Also, I don't care. PVP servers are cesspools where you find the worst traits of humanity, which is an unsustainable game model. But if you want to declare some internet victory because I won't google search for you, go ahead. take the points. I'll still laugh at you when you cry that world PVP is dead.

I enjoy PVP, but I don't always want to do it, and I don't care to do it if it's not a challenge. So if I can one shot someone, that's not compelling PVP to me. If someone can one shot me, that's not compelling PVP to me. I enjoyed world PVP when I would run into another random-similar level person, where we would fight without one of us waiting for the other to pull mobs. That's enjoyable. The problem is, that's not what happens. So I stopped playing on PVP servers.

And it wasn't just me who stopped. Lots of other players stopped playing on PVP servers, or they transferred to servers with a giant faction imbalance. They they all cried that's there's no world PVP after they made sure there would be no world PVP, then they blamed Blizzard for it, when all Blizzard did is give them exactly what they asked for - no rules PVP where they could kill other players while they have an unfair advantage.

Since most players don't want any rules, they can just sit and cry about world PVP dying while people stop doing it, 'cause it's no fun for the other player getting camped/griefed.

I would love open world PVP, where there are rules in place to make it fair and enjoyable. I would always push for that. So that's the "why are you responding if you don't care". Because I see a problem that makes the game less fun, pushes me to servers I wouldn't prefer, and in the end eat's itself anyway, because it's not sustainable. So I put it out there hoping people will see it, and at least have an idea and an understanding of why people ask for PVP servers with some kinda rules to make world PVP have some, at least, minuscule sense of fairness.
    You are not proving me wrong, you are backing up your claim. When you make a claim, it's on you to prove it.

If you think the worst traits of humanity occur on a PvP realm, I encourage you to pick up a history book. More hyperbole, just like your 99/1

you should have been on Kazzak EU before servers got connected lol. So horde dominated it was insane. Always met and saw players, almost never a alliance char. In SW/IF it would often times be empty in main hubs.

People flock to the servers that has majority of one faction. Very few thinks "oh few alliance on that server? Im going there!"

Good thing now with war mode and cross realm, does not really matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    you should have been on Kazzak EU before servers got connected lol. So horde dominated it was insane. Always met and saw players, almost never a alliance char. In SW/IF it would often times be empty in main hubs.

People flock to the servers that has majority of one faction. Very few thinks "oh few alliance on that server? Im going there!"

Good thing now with war mode and cross realm, does not really matter anymore.
    I agree 100%. All I'm saying is 90/10 I can believe. But there is a big gap to 99/1.

I will generally gank most things I see once.

If I get ganked then I like to try and get one up on them so will try and kill them twice.
    If a higher level or better geared/skilled person than me ganks, then I can settle for getting even.

I agree 100%. All I'm saying is 90/10 I can believe. But there is a big gap to 99/1.
    I would bet Kazzak EU were veeery close atleast. Poor alliance souls on that server lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    Well when you're utter trash at PvP you have no choice but to corpse camp low level/lower skilled people to feel better about yourself. Like how guys with small manhoods own trucks and hummers
    This pretty much. I also think there are deeper psychological issues in the works. Like those sociopathic kids that killed small animals all the time.

But as I've said earlier. Better they get their rage out in wow than take it out irl on other people...

It depends.

Yesterday I had a mage (9 levels above me) and priest (same level) gank me and then camp me 3 times. They were camping a mage (same level) as well. Me and the fellow mage grouped up after the 2nd time we had been camped, and a fellow druid (same level) came by and we invited him - we then proceeded to kill the mage and priest, and decided to camp them because they camped us. We killed them twice and then they spirit rez'd, felt extremely satisfying getting revenge, as what felt well deserved.

There is definitely a honour to ganking and camping, that is subjective to a large degree from player to player.

I think levels play a big roll in what is considered honourable. If you are repeatedly ganking (5 or more times) a player who is 10+ levels below you. that is pretty pathetic of you, kill them a couple times then let them be. Look for a challenge!

Faction Loyalty may lead someone to think killing the other faction repeatedly regardless of level is the way to go. It may be if you want to completely dominate the other faction, but it can easily turn into a dishourable way of playing, actually giving your faction/server/guild a bad name - because you dont look for a fair fight.

So for me, I try to find a challenge in pvp - that's what makes it competitive. You're on a equal playing field and it becomes rewarding to win from making a skillful play, not just facerolling to kill low levels.

I think camping someone for more than 5-10 times (depending on the context) is too much. However, if someone has camped you 20 times, its okay for you to do it to them 20 times + 5 times, in return :P
    like totally dude-bro, I couldn't have said it better myself mang

Quote Originally Posted by lionofwar87 View Post
    Depends. Corpse camping on Pvp server = Roleplaying. RP server = Roleplaying, PvE server = griefing.
    Corpse camping is allways griefing. Dunno in what bag of poo did you take your ideas from.

Currently soulflayer is 97/3, used to be 99/1 at some point, with virtually 100 alliance players active
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Corpse camping is allways griefing. Dunno in what bag of poo did you take your ideas from.
    The blizzard FAQ.

I don't care if I get ganked. I rolled a PvP server, it's gonna happen. If I run back to my corpse and if I see that I'm being camped by multiple players or a higher level player, I just go AFK. There's probably laundry that needs doing, or some dishes that need washing. Maybe I need to pop down to the store. I'll use it as an opportunity to get something done IRL, while this player sits and sits there waiting for me to respawn. by the time I've finished whatever I'm doing and go back to my PC they'll have left out of boredom.

The blizzard FAQ.
    Right... Can you show all of us please?

Right... Can you show all of us please?
    Been linked multiple times already. But since you dont have google:

"All players can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping
    Killing players well below your level

World of Warcraft Classic
    In World of Warcraft Classic, you can choose to create a character on a PvP realm."

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

I can link the one from vanilla as well if you really want, but its EXACTLY the same wording. WILL NOT BE ADDRESSED.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-10-16 at 09:18 PM.

Been linked multiple times already. But since you dont have google:

"All players can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping
    Killing players well below your level

World of Warcraft Classic
    In World of Warcraft Classic, you can choose to create a character on a PvP realm."

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

I can link the one from vanilla as well if you really want, but its EXACTLY the same wording. WILL NOT BE ADDRESSED.
    I dont read anywhere that camping is RP.
    Also doesnt address the griefing.

I dont read anywhere that camping is RP.
    Also doesnt address the griefing.
    Yes, it does. Seriously, stop being so silly. Its right there in black and white.

Corpse camping

This is from blizzard. This is from the company that makes the rules. You are literally trying to argue with the people who make the rules. Corpse camping is NEVER actionable by a gm. And anyone who says otherwise is mistaken.

You can read, right? This is BLIZZARD. They are telling you, clear as day, that corpse camping is absolutely allowed, and will "NOT BE ADDRESSED BY OUR GAME MASTER STAFF"

Do people still complain about getting camped after they chose to roll on a PvP realm? That's kinda funny.