Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Correct, if they find it is griefing, they will take action. But corpse camping can NEVER be griefing, and neither can any pvp activity.

- - - Updated - - -

Well no, it is absolutely 100% relevant. Its literally what this topic is about. Dont just jump to the last page and reply to the first post you see. The topic is literally discussing what is allowed, whats not allowed, how much is too much in the players eyes, and in blizzards eyes.
    And because corpse camping a.k.a killing someone multiple time on a short time is pvp, a dick move, but still pvp. But as soon as you do it for a prolonged time, a.k.a several hours/days.etc... it can be griefing, and Blizzard can look into it and may act and punish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    He has provided proof at least 4 times that camping is not griefing. It is established that Blizzard has said this. People are claiming that Blizzard have banned people for this. Is he suppose to trawl the trillion websites to find this proof doesn't exist? Or, after providing a source to his argument, is he entitled to a source that blizzard have changed their stance on this? It is pretty simple. Where is the proof that blizzard has changed their mind and legitimate PvP can be considered griefing?

- - - Updated - - -

*Gets shown actual, hard, incontrovertible proof.*

"Nah bro, it doesn't count because you called me a bad name and I can't handle being wrong on the internet."

Is this for real?
    What he provided was not a proof by any means. He provided a statement that Blizzard will not punished corpse camping. And rightly so as corpse camping is camping someone for 1, maybe 2 hours long at best. If that lasts more than that or even days, they may look into it and deem it griefing and act accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You are so full of shit. Literally hundreds of people have posted about being banned for pvp griefing. Guess you never heard of Ruin Gaming? Ruin (the entire guild) was banned for camping 1 spot.

Open your eyes, stop arguing when you have not even researched the matter, use Google, and you find that you are the one that is wrong. Until you do so, don't bother replying back to me because I do not continue convos with people that lack the ability to do a little research.
    Typical answer from someone who has no proof. "Just Google it..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And because corpse camping a.k.a killing someone multiple time on a short time is pvp, a dick move, but still pvp. But as soon as you do it for a prolonged time, a.k.a several hours/days.etc... it can be griefing, and Blizzard can look into it and may act and punish.

- - - Updated - - -

What he provided was not a proof by any means. He provided a statement that Blizzard will not punished corpse camping. And rightly so as corpse camping is camping someone for 1, maybe 2 hours long at best. If that lasts more than that or even days, they may look into it and deem it griefing and act accordingly.
    Yet again, you are making this shit up. Not once has anyone provided even a shred of proof that corpse camping can become griefing, but we have provided blizzards own stance on the matter, which directly contradicts yours. You are creating rules that dont exist. Nowhere does it say "corpse camping someone for 1-2 hours is fine, but if you corpse camp for any longer than that, its griefing". You know why you cant provide anything to back that up? Because you are making it up, blizzard have NEVER said this.

We are providing you with Blizzards rules, outlining VERY CLEARLY that corpse camping is totally fine. You are wrongly interpreting one random blue post and incorrectly extrapolating it out to fit your argument - and still have not provided a single piece of proof.

I say it again, both times someone has tried to "prove" that pvp is bannable, they have been debunked immediately - in neither case was pvp a factor.

- - - Updated - - -

You are so full of shit. Literally hundreds of people have posted about being banned for pvp griefing. Guess you never heard of Ruin Gaming? Ruin (the entire guild) was banned for camping 1 spot.

Open your eyes, stop arguing when you have not even researched the matter, use Google, and you find that you are the one that is wrong. Until you do so, don't bother replying back to me because I do not continue convos with people that lack the ability to do a little research.
    I feel i need to address this again - they were banned for intentionally crashing servers and lagging out entire zones - it had NOTHING to do with pvp at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but I didn't see anything at that link that states "it is only corpse camping if it is 2 hours or less"? Are you reading some hidden text somewhere? Is it brown text on brown background that I need to highlight?

Typical answer from someone who has no proof. "Just Google it..."
    Look into the link the eventually provided - it was an urban dictionary link (im not kidding, thats what they linked as "proof") and it completely backfired anyway because it clearly states they were banned for dog-piling specific locations to lag the zones and crash the servers. it had NOTHING to do with pvp, and their own "proof" showed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    Sorry, but I didn't see anything at that link that states "it is only corpse camping if it is 2 hours or less"? Are you reading some hidden text somewhere? Is it brown text on brown background that I need to highlight?
    This is what happens when someone tries to make the data fit their argument, instead of just viewing the data, and drawing the conclusion after.

I just use 1 or 2 hours as an e exemple.

Ultimately, it is Blizzard that will decide if it is griefing or not. But as stated in the link I provided, it has to be unreasonable.
    Last edited by Specialka; 2019-10-20 at 09:47 PM.

I just use 1 or 2 hours as a scale.

Ultimately, it is Blizzard that will decide if it is griefing or not. But as stated in the link I provided, it has to be unreasonable.
    So you are just making stuff up. Got it. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Just because the other player has options doesn't mean the player doing it isn't a dick.
    I'm gonna shoot you, but you have the option of dodging it
    I have been waiting TBC longer than I imagined

And as per the link we provided, corpse camping can never be unreasonable under blizzards own rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Correct, that's how gaming works.

Because griefing is not corpse camping. It is the level above that. When you will camp the body of the player for hours or even days. That is griefing. If they punished, every corpse campers, they would have enough gm to monitor all those dick players in wow.

Because griefing is not corpse camping.
    You finally got there! i am so proud of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    So you're actually going to go against an official blue post? lol ok, enjoy bud.
    Source please. People here have been claiming blizz said this. Blizz said that, but arkanon has been the only person to provide actual proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean I literally just linked a blue post saying that they investigate, which in essence proves that they have.
    Of course they investigate. Griefing may have occurred. Flight points may have been disabled for a long period of time, quest givers may be dead for hours, people may not be able to access the ah for long periods of time. All of these things might be griefing and no one is arguing that they may not.

In short periods of time, in my opinion, like less than an hour, these activities are ok. Things like this MAY be considered griefing. Blizzard do take it on a case by case basis. Variables such as what level is the zone and for how long might be a factor. But there has never been one single instance where legitimate PvP has been punished, no matter what level the players are, no matter how long it was for and no matter the tears from the people who get stomped.

I can point to one example that is very recent that has provided many tears. Warmode in BfA. There are dozens of threads in how blizzard should fix the raid teams camping flight points and killing everyone that arrives there day in and day out. Every single hour of the day. There has been no ban, no suspensions. Blizzard have done nothing on that front except to incentivise alliance to solve a PvP issue with PvP.

Provide a legitimate source where blizzard has suspended people for legitimate PvP.
    why so mad bro

Warmode in BfA. There are dozens of threads in how blizzard should fix the raid teams camping flight points and killing everyone that arrives there day in and day out. Every single hour of the day. There has been no ban, no suspensions. Blizzard have done nothing on that front except to incentivise alliance to solve a PvP issue with PvP.
    Ya, trying to turn in the turtle emissary on Tuesday is a good way to get camped for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Were you able to figure that out from the part where I said I don't have to prove you wrong and mentioned I didn't care to?

- - - Updated - - -

I already mentioned it. Mal'Ganis was one. This was back during the original PVP rules. I don't have a source for it and I don't care to prove it to you because it wouldn't change anything. I know Mal'Ganis was 99/1 Horde. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, it doesn't matter to me if you believe that.

*Even if Mal'Ganis was only 90/10 horde, it still makes my point, which is why I don't care to prove whether I'm right or wrong about the 99/1.
    Thank you for admitting that you use extreme hyperbole to try to strengthen your case. You say you are wrong. I say you are wrong. We are in agreement
    why so mad bro

Grats, you are 100% wrong. I will point you to the Ruin guild that had their entire guild banned for camping one area excessively.
    Nobody was ever banned for camping an area for PVP. If they were banned, they were doing something else that IS against the rules.

Stop painting false pictures. That's like someone who stood in 1 place and spammed in shout. When he got banned, he said "Banned for standing in 1 place."

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Nobody was ever banned for camping an area for PVP. If they were banned, they were doing something else that IS against the rules.

Stop painting false pictures. That's like someone who stood in 1 place and spammed in shout. When he got banned, he said "Banned for standing in 1 place."
    This is the issue here - The guild in question engaged in a lot of WPVP, and went out of their way to frustrate and annoy other players. However, pvp was NOT the reason they had action taken against them, it was sending 100+ players to one spot to lag out entire zones and crash the servers. The fact pvp was involved has nothing to do with the action taken.

Its like saying "X player was banned, and he plays an Ork, therefore, playing an Ork is a bannable offense!" even though the player was actually banned for botting............

The examples that have been linked as "proof" that blizzard ban for pvp have all been something totally different - lagging out zones and crashing servers, or in the other case, the player was swapping toons and abusing and harassing the person in chat.

Ok, that would deserve a ban, but the people saying that others were banned for having a guild engage in constant PVP is not bannable.

Then again, I never know with the GMs or mods for Blizzard. I got a week silence for saying that I don't feel streamers do anything positive for the game. The competency of those positions is extremely questionable in the past few years.

Legitimate PvP where any number of players continuously kill another player or more than one player of any level for an indefinite amount of time is called corpse camping. Corpse camping is a completely legitimate form of PvP even if some players find it distasteful or "a dick move".

Blizzard have decided and they have decided that corpse camping is not griefing.

Unreasonable is when action is done to another player where there is no PvP solution. This does not mean that it's 129 v 1. This does not mean you got camped all day every day since the begining of beta. This does not mean that you get killed by the same guild every day you try to raid at the raid entrance.

Things that I think could be unreasonable.
    -A person I put on ignore creates a new character to message me.
    -Someone using abusive and\or innapropiate comments in general chat.
    -Someone being better at PvP than me and killing me after I attack them (happened a few times and it's bs that blizzard didn't insta ban this guy and give me their loot and gold)

Blizzard may look at this and say "yeah, first one is unreasonable but 2 isn't because we have tools for that and the third one isnt because there is a PvP solution"
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And as per the link we provided, corpse camping can never be unreasonable under blizzards own rules.

Correct, that's how gaming works.
    Not going to get into it again, just reiterating that my argument veered away from the rules and more towards the attitude of the player who would willfully abuse the rules to take advantage of other players for their own amusement.

Hunting another player around, for the sole reason of ruining their day, is a dick move....that's allowed by the rules.

If a player is attempting to leave the area and isn't engaging in combat, and you continue to chase them down even through other zones, you're a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not going to get into it again, just reiterating that my argument veered away from the rules and more towards the attitude of the player who would willfully abuse the rules to take advantage of other players for their own amusement.

Hunting another player around, for the sole reason of ruining their day, is a dick move....that's allowed by the rules.

If a player is attempting to leave the area and isn't engaging in combat, and you continue to chase them down even through other zones, you're a dick.
    Although i dont agree, i can accept this point of view. I have said quite a few times i can totally understand the frustration, and i completely agree some people are going to spit the dummy and have a variety of derogatory terms for the camper. Its a couple of people who refuse to accept that although frustrating, it is within the rules, and blizzard wont take action against accounts engaging in legitimate pvp on a pvp realm.

So we can agree to disagree about the pvpers being "dicks" or whatever, thats a matter of opinion - no drama with that at all.