Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    People who kill lowbies and corpse camp them probably has some sort of mental issue irl. But better they do this than collect heads from stray kittens I guess...
    True, so true.

Depends on what they did to me. If a dude was scared to attack me 1v1 while i was questing/fighting mobs, but as soon as I get into pvp and I'm low, he suddenly dots me while running away? I'm gonna sit on that guy for half an hour.

If its just pvp? I rarely kill anyone rezzing, unless they're doing the same quest as me and I need the mobs. Sometimes I'll kill a guy while questing, and save the next guy form the slaughter of mobs (especially if theyr'e green/grey to me). Its all in the encounters honestly, I don't set out to murder every single alliance I come across. Just most of them.
    Last edited by Sinte; 2019-10-09 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then go do that exactly, then return here and make a "blizzard and pussies and banned me for NOTHING!" thread.

At this point you are stalking other players, which is easily bannable.

That's considered zone disruption, that's also bannable.

So yeah, go ahead and try to do that, i would love to hear how it'll turn out

- - - Updated - - -

Being stalked and targeted by bunch of players 24/7 is not pvp combat, it's stalking, and you will get scared off by a GM after accumulating reports, like it always used to be
    You are 100% wrong, as evidenced by blizzard's own faqs. But keep swinging for the fences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    You are 100% wrong, as evidenced by blizzard's own faqs. But keep swinging for the fences.
    Can you refer me to a "blizzard's own faqs" where it states that stalking and zone disruption is ok, because it's a pvp server?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Can you refer me to a "blizzard's own faqs" where it states that stalking and zone disruption is ok, because it's a pvp server?
    As has been linked before.
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

If you don't want to be stalked or zones disrupted ect, you are free to roll your character on a pve server. -----> They are that way.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2019-10-09 at 05:04 AM.

If you don't want to be stalked or zones disrupted ect, you are free to roll your character on a pve server. -----> They are that way.
    Yeah that doesn't say what you think it says. Either you lack basic reading comprehension or you don't know the definition of zone disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Yeah that doesn't say what you think it says. Either you lack basic reading comprehension or you don't know the definition of zone disruption.
    oh the tried and true, if you don't agree with this, you are this. Grow up. Show proof, debate it .. do something of value. At best, all you've done is say .. "nuh uh". Which doesn't mean a dang thing.

None of the things you are bringing up apply to pvp servers.
    If can NPC can be killed, it's perfectly ok to do so. Even 50000 times in a row.
    Pvp happened. That's it.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2019-10-09 at 05:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Check EULA or CoC for better understanding
    Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any conduct intended to disrupt or diminish the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

Disrupting or assisting in the disruption of any computer used to support the Platform or any Game environment. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.
    , but stalking and zone disruption is not allowed in the game, regardless of a server. If you decide to park 120 characters into a quest location for 1000 days those characters will accumulate reports and be dealt with by GMs. Same with literally any case of in-game stalking (at least back in TBC it was), being it someone UwU'ing you 24/7 in game on multiple characters, or someone killing you 24/7 in game on multiple characters.

If you feel confident enough that there is no punishment for camping some poor sod for 24/7 - then go ahead and do it, but usually people who think like that return to forums with complaints about being banned "for no reason".
    Remember that blizzard only exclude PvP happening on PvP realms, they don't turn PvP servers into a ruleless cesspool
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-10-09 at 05:17 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Check EULA or CoC for better understanding, but stalking and zone disruption is not allowed in the game, regardless of a server. If you decide to park 120 characters into a quest location for 1000 days those characters will accumulate reports and get dealt with by GMs. Same with literally any case of in-game stalking (at least back in TBC it was), being it someone UwU'ing you 24/7 in game on multiple characters, or someone killing you 24/7 in game on multiple characters.

If you feel confident enough that there is no punishment for camping some poor sod for 24/7 - then go ahead and do it, but usually people who think like that return to forums with complaints about being banned "for no reason"
    So I provide blizzards own official FAQ response. And you toss up anecdotes. Do you see where you aren't at all credible in this instance?
    If you want to point at the EULA and CoC. Find and quote the exact clause that pertains to this situation, and post it here. Till then, you're some dude saying .. Mama says that alligators are ornery... 'cause they got all them teeth but no toothbrush.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2019-10-09 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It depends. If you’re a higher level (like ??) then it’s griefing regardless. If it’s same level then it depends if you started to them first if they’ve been starting shit - someone once asked me to help kill someone as he was a little bit lower (the player was red to them) and I said no, until they explained they’d been going around ganking and starting on lower level players. Doing it over and over just because you can at any level is a dick move honestly.
    I don't see it the same as you. I see it as "I'm going to get ganked, or already have been many times, and I'm just getting ahead"

I play this game knowing I'm better than a large majority of the people playing for any number of reasons, and if I get ganked and killed by some trash player while leveling, I'm going to make sure I kill at least 10 people in return.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I provide blizzards own official FAQ response. And you toss up anecdotes. Do you see where you aren't at all credible in this instance?
    If you want to point at the EULA and CoC. Find and quote the exact clause that pertains to this situation, and post it here. Till then, you're some dude saying .. Mama says that alligators are ornery... 'cause they got all them teeth but no toothbrush.
    You apparently can't read then, because that FAQ doesn't say that playing on a PvP server gives you a free ticked to harass players and disrupt gaming experience, it only allows you to PvP. Stalking and zone disruption is still not allowed.

It's so freaking funny to see this conversation again and again, it always starts by people claiming that you won't get in trouble, then they run to reddit social media and complain about suspentions (skipping that whole "a GM contacted me and asked to stop doing that first" part)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-10-09 at 05:22 AM.

You apparently can't read then, because that FAQ doesn't say that playing on a PvP server gives you a free ticked to harass players and disrupt gaming experience, it only allows you to PvP. Stalking and zone disruption is still not allowed
    Common Problems
    A player of the opposite faction is camping or killing NPCs
    A player keeps killing me over and over
    Keep getting camped and can't play the game at all

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping
    Killing players well below your level

Define corpse camping
    Define zone disruption
    Define stalking

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    WRONG!
    Killing a member of the other faction, no matter the level difference, is not griefing. Each player signed up to play on that realm. They both consented to getting killed by the opposing faction. I could sit there 24 7 camping a horde lvl19 on my alliance LVL 60 and constantly kill them all day every day for months. Years. This is not griefing. I can form 3 X 40 man raids and we can camp the horde base in ashenvale killing every player in sight for 1000 days. This is not griefing. There is ALWAYS a PvP solution. If you call this griefing then you really have no business in a PvP realm.
    Then go do that exactly, then return here and make a "blizzard and pussies and banned me for NOTHING!" thread.
    Corpse camping. Perfectly fine
    Killing everyone in a zone, even a lowbie zone. Perfectly Fine.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2019-10-09 at 05:28 AM.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Even killing ANYONE right now, when the honor system is not in the game, is to me, completely unacceptable, sad and a huge nolife warning. Pvping without a reward, why would anyone do it?

Also, for 15 years, FIFTEEN DAMN YEARS, people have told me "why play on pvp servers if you hate pvp", well, the reason is because for 15 years, the best servers have all been pvp servers. The best guilds (for pve) are on pvp servers, and overall they have more players, which makes finding groups easier as well as AH prices lower etc. Objectively, whether you like pvp or not, PVE servers ARE worse in every way.

It comes down to decency and honor. If you can't win in a fair game, why even bother to win. 3vs1 or attacking lower levels is unfair, so whats the point. And why gank someone, if you can kill em easily, they are no challenge, so why do it.

And if you ENJOY griefing others, seek help, that's a sadistic behaviour and not many steps away from becoming a school shoter if you ask me.
    LOL
    Did you seriously suggest that playing on a PVP server and camping others equates to being on the edge of being a school shooter???!!!
    I cant even right now...
    NEVER have I ever, even remotely been able to fathom doing such a thing. Im sorry but that is such a dumb thing for you to say.

Im a very nice person in real life, you dont even know me... Just because someone likes to play a war game and harass the enemy players does not make someone evil.
    You need to stay off PvP servers. I can tell you've probably been ganked too hard. For you to be generalizing people in that sense by looking at them into being the most evil thing fathomable by simply playing a computer game just goes to show you have issue yourself like everyone else in this world.

Yes I like causing shit and wishing their character that they play to suffer my wrath, but its comradery and Ive made so many good memories and friends/enemies so far doing it.
    but yeah your needs are on the back burner. Just because YOU want to play on a pvp server to take advantage of YOUR selfish needs of being in a good guild and better AH prices doesn't mean others have to conform to your stupid idea of "decency and honor".

Give me a break... We are playing a game where warlocks can chain cc you all day and mages are almost unbeatable to almost all classes in 1v1.
    So no Im not going to make the fight fair. Im going to have fun and think creatively ie)using resources, terrain, pots, mobs any action that would clearly give me an advantage. Im going to grief them because I want them to do the same to me because I want war in my warcraft game. I want choosing your faction to matter and Classic is doing a great job at that.
    Last edited by buddhapunch09; 2019-10-09 at 05:44 AM.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

10+ Year Old Account
    Common Problems
    A player of the opposite faction is camping or killing NPCs
    A player keeps killing me over and over
    Keep getting camped and can't play the game at all

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping
    Killing players well below your level

Define corpse camping
    Define zone disruption
    Define stalking

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    WRONG!
    Killing a member of the other faction, no matter the level difference, is not griefing. Each player signed up to play on that realm. They both consented to getting killed by the opposing faction. I could sit there 24 7 camping a horde lvl19 on my alliance LVL 60 and constantly kill them all day every day for months. Years. This is not griefing. I can form 3 X 40 man raids and we can camp the horde base in ashenvale killing every player in sight for 1000 days. This is not griefing. There is ALWAYS a PvP solution. If you call this griefing then you really have no business in a PvP realm.
    And while those things that poster is talking about are examples of corpse camping and "Killing players well below your level" that this FAQ refers to, it's still an example of harassment in a form of stalking and game disruption in a form of god damn zone disruption. It's the same as chasing someone 24/7 and spamming trade so he can't play properly, you focus too much for "PvP is allowed on PvP server" and too little on "harassment is not allowed in blizzard games"
    You may disagree all you want, but don't be supriced when you'll get contacted by GM and banned if you'll ignore their instructions, after you do that.

And while those things that poster is talking about are examples of corpse camping and "Killing players well below your level" that this FAQ refers to, it's still an example of harassment in a form of stalking and game disruption in a form of god damn zone disruption. It's the same as chasing someone 24/7 and spamming trade so he can't play properly, you focus too much for "PvP is allowed on PvP server" and too little on "harassment is not allowed in blizzard games"
    You may disagree all you want, but don't be supriced when you'll get contacted by GM and banned if you'll ignore their instructions, after you do that.
    You shout doom and gloom, scary warnings. Yet, you have zero proof. Your claims have no merit whatsoever.
    The faq specifically mentiones that while they are dishonorable behaviors, they are allowed 100% and the game masters will do nothing.

The Game Master staff will not intervene in PvP disputes.
    Exactly what the faq says.

Sorry, but you are wrong.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2019-10-09 at 05:42 AM.

If i'm farming vendigo furs in winterspring and you come about and start killing them aswell, i'd kill you over and over again until you walk out of my dedicated farm spot. It would be player harassment if i'd kill you specifically over and over again, track you around the globe, talk other into killing you, make a schedule with other players to track your daily logins - then it's player harassment. Defending your farm spot is not.
    Hence the use of the term "borders on harassment".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shout doom and gloom, scary warnings. Yet, you have zero proof. Your claims have no merit whatsoever.
    The faq specifically mentiones that while they are dishonorable behaviors, they are allowed 100% and the game masters will do nothing.

CoC is the proof, you are just in denial, this FAQ strikes out only pvp activity, not whole CoC as you wish it do be.

What sort of proof you expect to see? COnfirmation from blizzard that CoC is CoC and you should follow it, like you said you will when you've created an account?

I'm in the camp (excuse the pun) of corpse camping being pretty petty, with some exceptions. Back in vanilla, there were certain lvl 60 horde who were notorious for ganking lowbies and camping lowbies in STV, so a couple of my friends would track them down and corpse camp them back. If you're just coming up on a random person and corpse camp them just because, that's pretty stupid. It's doubly stupid if you're camping a class you know has almost zero chance at winning against you.

With classic, I think the experience is similar yet quite different as players aren't nearly as uninformed about classes and gearing choices. The result is not only are the power levels of players are increasing faster and more efficiently than they were back in vanilla, but also it's highlighting how bursty PvP was/is and how imbalanced it could be. There's a reason why there are TONS of people who leveled rogues/mages, and it's not just for PvE reasons. Kind of funny, I've only been ganked almost exclusively by rogues/mages on Classic so far.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I have heard of players being contacted by GM's when their camping sessions went on for extended periods of time. From what I gather of the conversations it wasn't so much a "keep doing this and we'll ban you" and more of a polite request to end your camping trip. You could probably tell them "no, I'll camp them as long as I feel like it" and face no repercussions of any kind though because it is, generally speaking, a "PVP dispute".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

CoC is the proof, you are just in denial, this FAQ strikes out only pvp activity, not whole CoC as you wish it do be.

What sort of proof you expect to see? COnfirmation from blizzard that CoC is CoC and you should follow it, like you said you will when you've created an account?
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ense-agreement

I've provided you the links. You show us exactly where in these documents it's covered.