Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Corpsecamping because they enjoy it is being a dick for the sake of being a dick... they get pleasure out of inflicting suffering on others, I don't know what to call that other than being a dick... Enjoying being a dick doesn't excuse being a dick.
    But how would anyone make that distinction? You cant, and neither can Blizzard. "Base raping" or spawn camping is considered a "dick move" on many fps servers, but is not strictly against the rules of the game - so many servers (which in this case are "privately" run) make that a server rule.

If these were private servers, with admin who liked to swing the ban-hammer, they could make a rule like "you cannot kill the same player more than 5 times in a 10 minute period" or anything they liked, but thats not the situation here. The rules are clear, and i think anyone who doesnt like the challenge of escaping a gank/camp situation, or inflicting them on unsuspecting players themselves, really should look at a pve realm instead. Even if they enjoy pvp, they can flag themselves, or, engage in structured pvp such as bgs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post

Is sitting on someone's corpse to re-kill them when they're 50 levels lower than you REALLY PvP? Or is calling it that just a great way to work out some personal issues?
    By its very definition, yeah, it is Player Vs Player. Remember that - its PLAYER - not character. Wanna swap to a main and get some revenge? Still player vs player. Maybe utilize some of the AMAZING "classic community" and ask for help, from friends, your guild, or your faction. Considering how AMAZING the "classic community" is, i am confident you would be inundated with offers of help - you would have a raid in minutes for sure!

I'm a big believer in treating others as you would have them treat you, so ruining someone's day by corpse camping them is not something I find engaging in the slightest.

That's not to say ganking or world pvp in general isn't fun, but repeatedly killing the same person (especially lowbies, or otherwise disadvantaged players) repeatedly with little challenge isn't really an amusing activity, I'd rather seek fights elsewhere.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    By its very definition, yeah, it is Player Vs Player. Remember that - its PLAYER - not character. Wanna swap to a main and get some revenge? Still player vs player. Maybe utilize some of the AMAZING "classic community" and ask for help, from friends, your guild, or your faction. Considering how AMAZING the "classic community" is, i am confident you would be inundated with offers of help - you would have a raid in minutes for sure!
    You are the second person who seems to be assuming that people are just running around playing low level characters with high level characters sitting around gathering dust. I started on a PvP server in vanilla. The community was not that amazing. Maybe classic is different. I only dipped my toe in, and it was a PvE server, but the community was just as bad as I remembered vanilla being.

In the end, one man's camping is another man's PvP - there's nothing wrong as long as everyone has options. But I don't think people love being camped as much as some people here seem to expect.

You are the second person who seems to be assuming that people are just running around playing low level characters with high level characters sitting around gathering dust. I started on a PvP server in vanilla. The community was not that amazing. Maybe classic is different. I only dipped my toe in, and it was a PvE server, but the community was just as bad as I remembered vanilla being.

In the end, one man's camping is another man's PvP - there's nothing wrong as long as everyone has options. But I don't think people love being camped as much as some people here seem to expect.
    Zone control is a valid tactic. It doesn't need to be about the person at all. If I've decided that my friends own the pirates in Tanaris. If you enter that area, you die. Over and over and over until you decide that's not a good plan. It's not about your level. It's not about you, your feelings or anything else. It's not about how bad my childhood was, or my feelings.

You don't get to be there. That's it.

And there is nothing at all wrong with that gameplay.

I personally dont kill someone more than twice. first time to establish dominance and second time to show it wasnt an accident! I feel like a third time is to send a message !

I havnt seen a single person claim anyone "loves to be camped". I also didnt claim everyone has a main, but its silly to claim no one does - this was a very common occurrence later in vanilla - especially in STV and areas like that. Get in a pvp scrap with someone, win, then 5 mins later some dude comes riding up on his epic mount and 1 shots you - followed by some camping and tbagging - followed by you logging to you main - followed by them getting their mates.......im not saying it happened in every situation, but it wasnt rare at all.

Ganking I take no issue with. I'll corpse camp someone if they are doing it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    Zone control is a valid tactic. It doesn't need to be about the person at all. If I've decided that my friends own the pirates in Tanaris. If you enter that area, you die. Over and over and over until you decide that's not a good plan. It's not about your level. It's not about you, your feelings or anything else. It's not about how bad my childhood was, or my feelings.

You don't get to be there. That's it.

If i was competing with other faction in a questing area with low spawn or DR, you bet your ass i was gonna gank him, and corpse camp him endlessly to maintain control over the spawns. As you said, i consider this the core of Wpvp in wow and a valid tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I havnt seen a single person claim anyone "loves to be camped". I also didnt claim everyone has a main, but its silly to claim no one does - this was a very common occurrence later in vanilla - especially in STV and areas like that. Get in a pvp scrap with someone, win, then 5 mins later some dude comes riding up on his epic mount and 1 shots you - followed by some camping and tbagging - followed by you logging to you main - followed by them getting their mates.......im not saying it happened in every situation, but it wasnt rare at all.
    I'm leveling my hunter at the moment in STV. You touch that hunter. My rogue camps your face until you spirit rez. I don't even need to relog, because they are separate accounts, and he's already logged in on my other monitor.

You bring friends, I bring friends.

Yay, pvp happened.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2019-10-09 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then go do that exactly, then return here and make a "blizzard and pussies and banned me for NOTHING!" thread.

At this point you are stalking other players, which is easily bannable.

That's considered zone disruption, that's also bannable.

So yeah, go ahead and try to do that, i would love to hear how it'll turn out

- - - Updated - - -

Being stalked and targeted by bunch of players 24/7 is not pvp combat, it's stalking, and you will get scared off by a GM after accumulating reports, like it always used to be
    And yet there has never been one instance where legitimate PvP was punished in 15 years of wow. All of what you quoted are legitimate PvP. Remember that time that guy died and then they had a wow funeral? Then they got massacred by the other faction. That's as low as you can go in this game. What action did blizzard take? What action did blizzard take after the gloated all over the internet? Nothing. Your head canon does not stack up to facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I'm leveling my hunter at the moment in STV. You touch that hunter. My rogue camps your face until you spirit rez. I don't even need to relog, because they are separate accounts, and he's already logged in on my other monitor.

You bring friends, I bring friends.

Yay, pvp happened.
    Thats the spirit! This sorta thing is how Major spontaneous pvp events happened. Some ganking, some camping, some mains, some friends, then dozens of players and suddenly it was 2am and you hadnt done a single quest. Was it as common as some claim? not in my experience, but it DID happen with some regularity, and it was awesome.

To be honest, a couple of times i started the scuffle by camping some dude competing for drops, then mains came and things got crazy, and i snuck out in the ensuing chaos and carried on questing lol.

I literally said that: "there's nothing wrong as long as everyone has options."

Also, zone tactics is not what the OP was talking about doing. Sure, in some massive world-wide strategic PvP game that can make sense. The OP was talking about himself personally, and no one else, stomping someone over and over for literally no reason other than to occasionally possibly to draw out a higher level character. But as I said, even though I think that's an example of some personal issues, it doesn't matter. There were rules set for the server. Everyone who hopped on agreed to them. Y'all enjoy. As I said before, "there's nothing wrong" with that. I've never said otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Why is it shitty, we're PvPing on a PvP realm.
    I find the idea that people just take over a zone/ area and force everyone in it to either PvP or leave to be incredibly selfish. I know it's within the rules...I just don't like the idea behind it. But this is why I'll never roll on a PvP realm, I don't want someone else's mood or craving to possibly dictate how or if I'll be able to enjoy my play time vs having to deal with their whims. This is obviously coming from someone who is NOT a PvP person. More power to you if this is what you enjoy, both the giving and receiving end of it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    My friend and I ganked in the Blasted Lands non-stop in MoP while we sat in BG queues. I don't remember what faction we were, but I do remember sitting in 15 minute queues and having very little else to do other than wait in it. Our rule was that we would let a guy go after we killed him 30 times. We also had no problem at all with fighting the level 90 players who showed up. PvP was much less numbers focused back then and pvp gear gave a direct advantage over players in pve gear, so even outnumbered we almost always won.

It's pretty much the same in Classic. If there's nothing to do, we go gank people. I don't really see a problem with it, because the Horde will just do the exact same thing anyway, and PvE servers exist for players who don't want to deal with it. If we die, so what? There's nothing else to do sometimes, and I'd rather kill everyone I see than let them live and regret it later.

Camping someone isn't gonna get anyone mad at you on your own faction.
    30 times? Dude...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I find the idea that people just take over a zone/ area and force everyone in it to either PvP or leave to be incredibly selfish. I know it's within the rules...I just don't like the idea behind it. But this is why I'll never roll on a PvP realm, I don't want someone else's mood or craving to possibly dictate how or if I'll be able to enjoy my play time vs having to deal with their whims. This is obviously coming from someone who is NOT a PvP person. More power to you if this is what you enjoy, both the giving and receiving end of it.
    I find the idea of someone agreeing to the rules of a server, and then complaining when they are at a disadvantage because of said rules to be incredibly selfish. To be clear, im not saying that is what you are doing, you clearly say you would never roll on a pvp realm, so i fully support you putting your opinion forward while admitting that is why you dont play that rule set. I think this discussion would be VERY different if only pvp realms existed, and i think the games rules would like quite different too.

I think the existence of PVE realms means blizzard can and should be quite relaxed about the rules on a pvp realm, and i think thats a really good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    30 times? Dude...
    30 is too much for you? would 29 have been ok? what about 23? 15? That player ALLOWED themselves to be killed 30 times - if you dont res, you cant get killed. Go somewhere else, play a different toon - no one is FORCING you to get ganked over and over again.

That's exactly what you're doing, all intentions aside. Additionally, you're assuming they have a main. Think of it this way: If there was a flag that enabled you to be camped... no other up side... how many people would turn it on? Would you? Or would you enable PvP with no camping as that would result in more time for actual PvP?

- - - Updated - - -

Is sitting on someone's corpse to re-kill them when they're 50 levels lower than you REALLY PvP? Or is calling it that just a great way to work out some personal issues?
    Tbh, if your 50 lvls below someone, why are you in a contested area or why did you attack that skull level player? It's your own fault. You should get camped so you know not to do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I only do it if someone tries to jump me, like i had a druid and paladin try to jump on me while leveling my hunter, i made it through, killed them both and to "teach them a lesson" i contained to corpse camp them for about 4 respawns before i got bored and worried that they were screaming for 60s to come to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    What's the point in even replying if that's your stance, evidently you can't be corpse camped since you don't play on PvP realms anyway.

You are dealing with people who have completely different values than you. They know there is no challenge, they know the only reward is the feeling they get when they insta-gib someone 50 levels bellow them. Going on about those things won't change a thing for people that get some pleasure from that. They don't consider it a dick move.

Also, it isn't necessarily about psychological issues. Not every dick move has a deeply rooted trauma or insecurity behind it.

Some people just don't care. They get some measure of pleasure on it with no downsides at all from their framework of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    What's the point in even replying if that's your stance, evidently you can't be corpse camped since you don't play on PvP realms anyway.
    Because that's my opinion regardless of whether or not I play on a PvP realm?

My opinion isn't really about the actual PvP'ing, if you couldn't tell...