Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post

Is sitting on someone's corpse to re-kill them when they're 50 levels lower than you REALLY PvP? Or is calling it that just a great way to work out some personal issues?
    I'd rather have them get their issues out of the way by ganking in wow than visiting their school with their fathers guns tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I'd rather have them get their issues out of the way by ganking in wow than visiting their school with their fathers guns tho.
    How did we get from people pvping on a pvp realm to people murdering children?

15+ Year Old Account
    I rarely took the time to corpse camp and if I did it was only on a kill on sight character and I would do it until they logged.

I don’t think corpse camping in territory/objectives like Hellfire Towers counted since it was initiated PVP and a pseudo BG. However I think we’ve all been part of a group that camped towers or Halaa.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Because that's my opinion regardless of whether or not I play on a PvP realm?

My opinion isn't really about the actual PvP'ing, if you couldn't tell...
    That's like asking a vegan about what sort of doneness they want on their steak

"I don't eat steak", "I don't PvP" sure you're entitled to have your opinion, to voice it but it seems really redundant to do so, since it's got nothing to do with you.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post

"I don't eat steak", "I don't PvP" sure you're entitled to have your opinion, to voice it but it seems really redundant to do so, since it's got nothing to do with you.
    I thought they presented their opinion very fairly and honestly, and i think it is absolutely important to understand the "other side" when discussing things like this. This person looked at a pvp server, and said "nope, not for me" and sticks with a PVE realm - more power to em. What is 10x worse is someone who looks at a pvp realm, understands the ruleset, understands the consequences, understands the give/take nature of it, and decides to play on pvp, but endlessly complains about what is and is not acceptable on a pvp realm.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I thought they presented their opinion very fairly and honestly, and i think it is absolutely important to understand the "other side" when discussing things like this. This person looked at a pvp server, and said "nope, not for me" and sticks with a PVE realm - more power to em. What is 10x worse is someone who looks at a pvp realm, understands the ruleset, understands the consequences, understands the give/take nature of it, and decides to play on pvp, but endlessly complains about what is and is not acceptable on a pvp realm.
    No disagreements on that from me. But given their "veganism" towards pvp, their opinion isn't exactly worth considering, it's like asking a guy who only does normal/hc about mythic raids.

Or a guy who can walk about his opinion on wheelchairs.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You admit I am right even while you spin shit about what you said and didn't say. Griefing is an actionable offence. Blizzard has never taken action against anyone for valid PvP. This proves that camping people for any length of time is not griefing.
    I think it's clear by this point it's what I consider griefing, which was the point of my original post i.e. I don't go around attacking anything in my way, but if said person is griefing lower levels i.e. just hanging around and camping them then I'd get involved. I play nice, what can I say.

Based on your responses it looks like you didn't even read or don't understand the point I was trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks you can be camped for "hours" is an idiot. You can ALWAYS move out of the area, hearth, or get to a town where the guards can provide some refuge. I have been camped numerous times, and it is not hard to get away, anyone who just stays in the same area, and keeps releasing and trying to quest is not doing anything to help the situation. Those ppl should be on a pve realm.
    Reminds me of time when we've been paid to camp tanks of one of rivalling guilds during ulduar progression. 4 hours well spent, he couldn't get out of borean tundra and bunch of our guys got only notifications from GM to stop, and only one guy got banned for 3 hours for doing that. Good times.
    But anyways, literally anyone who used to camp people for hours know that you'll eventually be contacted by a GM and asked to stop, unless the other person is fine with that and didn't wrote a ticket.

Killing someone 4 times is not problematic (and apparently most people here consider this to be "comping for hours"), it's totally fine on pvp servers by blizzard, but it stops being just "corpse camping" and becomes something else when you prolong it, break the game, block access of others to content and start targeting certain people

- - - Updated - - -

There is no clear delineation between when it turns from JUST corpse camping to griefing and harassment.

I don't see anything anywhere in this thread that explicitly discusses that or proves that idea wrong.

I honestly don't understand how someone can try and argue that corpse camping someone for multiple hours with the express purposes of making their play session unplayable and unenjoyable would NOT be considered griefing or harassment.

If you can point EXACTLY to where it says anywhere that THAT level of corpse camping is completely fine. I'm not just talking about corpse camping...stop referring to the PvP FAQ as that kind of behavior falls outside of normal corpse camping.
    I've been arguing about that with some guy for quite some time, maybe i'm too dumb to explain, or it's too hard of a concept to grasp, that allowed-on-pvp-servers-corpse-camping can turn into a ban, because camping someone 24/7, or flooding a zone with 12 characters for 1000 days is already past this "it's just corpse camping" line.

Can you just imagine a situation where a guild just blocks access to blackrock on classic? They'd have 6 raids, 2 active every 8 hours every day and they'd just kill everything. Do you think blizzard will go "yeah that's totally allowed, it's just corpse camping"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intent does NOT matter. At all, in any way, shape or form, and by any definition.
    Griefing is bannable offense in blizzard games, and definition of it implies intent. Intent does matter

- - - Updated - - -

But how would anyone make that distinction? You cant, and neither can Blizzard.
    That's why these issues are resolved via a ticket and GM interaction, GM decides if it's griefing/harassment/whatever or not and decides if it's worth punishing or not
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Depends on the situation.

For instance, two days ago I had just gotten the Sunflower buff from Felwood (5% crit and 15 stats for an hour, you die - you lose it), and a priest two lvls under me killed me while I was killing 2 mobs as a rogue.

Spent the next 30 minutes corpse camping him untill he logged out.

I always kill all Alliance I see, no matter the level. They rolled PvP, they get PvP, fair or not. But I usually just kill them once, let them ress and let them eat up and see what they want to do. Just more fun to have actual fights.

Then the next day I might spend two hours in Redrige killing every lowbie for the fun of it.

Zero mercy in p2 though, if it's 48+ (rewards honour), it will die. Every single time I see them.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2019-10-10 at 03:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Based on your responses it looks like you didn't even read or don't understand the point I was trying to make.
    You said that wpvp was shitty, that's the point you made to me.

"I think meat taste disgusting thats why I dont eat meat. Now let me tell you about how annoyed I get when I order a medium-rare steak but I get a medium"
    Last edited by OriginalName; 2019-10-10 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Griefing is bannable offense in blizzard games, and definition of it implies intent. Intent does matter

- - - Updated - - -

That's why these issues are resolved via a ticket and GM interaction, GM decides if it's griefing/harassment/whatever or not and decides if it's worth punishing or not
    Context. Read the FAQ. Corpse camping is NEVER griefing. The end. Intent does not matter, ever, because it cannot be proven.

You said that wpvp was shitty, that's the point you made to me.

"I think meat taste disgusting thats why I dont eat meat. Now let me tell you about how annoyed I get when I order a medium-rare steak but I get a medium"
    Read and understand the rest of the post you twit. The point I'm making is only tangentially related to WPvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Reminds me of time when we've been paid to camp tanks of one of rivalling guilds during ulduar progression. 4 hours well spent, he couldn't get out of borean tundra and bunch of our guys got only notifications from GM to stop, and only one guy got banned for 3 hours for doing that. Good times.
    But anyways, literally anyone who used to camp people for hours know that you'll eventually be contacted by a GM and asked to stop, unless the other person is fine with that and didn't wrote a ticket.

Killing someone 4 times is not problematic (and apparently most people here consider this to be "comping for hours"), it's totally fine on pvp servers by blizzard, but it stops being just "corpse camping" and becomes something else when you prolong it, break the game, block access of others to content and start targeting certain people

- - - Updated - - -

I've been arguing about that with some guy for quite some time, maybe i'm too dumb to explain, or it's too hard of a concept to grasp, that allowed-on-pvp-servers-corpse-camping can turn into a ban, because camping someone 24/7, or flooding a zone with 12 characters for 1000 days is already past this "it's just corpse camping" line.

Can you just imagine a situation where a guild just blocks access to blackrock on classic? They'd have 6 raids, 2 active every 8 hours every day and they'd just kill everything. Do you think blizzard will go "yeah that's totally allowed, it's just corpse camping"?
    Have you ever been to blackrock in vanilla. You used to have to form a 40 man raid .. and all go in together, just to zone in. Just wait till you try and zone into wsg. If there is a pvp solution, blizzard will not step in. In the past the the directives and rules were different, but it's crystal clear now.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    30 is too much for you? would 29 have been ok? what about 23? 15? That player ALLOWED themselves to be killed 30 times - if you dont res, you cant get killed. Go somewhere else, play a different toon - no one is FORCING you to get ganked over and over again.
    How about the times when you're a brand new player, don't know any better, accidentally happen into a Horde-area and get autoflagged and then a Horde player keeps on camping you? Yeah, that happened to me on a PVE server.

How about, maybe you're trying to level one character that you know and like. No one is forcing you to get ganked but also no one is forcing that person TO gank.

Check your own logic.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Read and understand the rest of the post you twit. The point I'm making is only tangentially related to WPvP.
    I gathered that, given your post was "I don't like the idea behind WPvP", but then again it's like if I an able bodied person were to say "I don't like the idea of wheelchairs and wheelchair accessability".

It doesn't really matter, because your perspective is worthless on the subject.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only corpse camp people for afew minutes if they started the fight, otherwise I usually follow a self rule of only Killing someone 3x.
    I tend to ignore them after the third kill

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    How about the times when you're a brand new player, don't know any better, accidentally happen into a Horde-area and get autoflagged and then a Horde player keeps on camping you? Yeah, that happened to me on a PVE server.

How about, maybe you're trying to level one character that you know and like. No one is forcing you to get ganked but also no one is forcing that person TO gank.

Check your own logic.
    Omfg cry me a godamn river. This has to be a joke post right?

How about those times you are just trying to get some loot but the dragon keeps breathing fire at you. What about those times you are just riding your horse and all of a sudden, you fall off a cliff? What about those times you are trying to swim, and you drown.

These are hazards of the game, they provide the challenge. Your post is honestly one of the saddest, most desperate and pathetic things I have seen in this thread.

I checked my logic, it is Rock solid. Yours just got dismantled in a matter of seconds.