Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How much is too much? (Corpse Camping)

Hey guys couple questions here I would like your opinions on.

1) Do you corpse camp after you kill someone? If so how many times do you do it for? Do you have a record? Please share your story!

2) Knowing that your fellow faction member corpse camps people and griefs the other faction hard, do you blacklist them? Do you frown upon corpse campers even if they are on your side?

3) Can I get in trouble or get banned for griefing the enemy faction too hard and corpse camping them?

My experience so far:
    I've never played on a PvP server so I decided to roll on one with Classic and I am absolutely LOVING IT!
    I wish I had rolled on one earlier in my WoW life. Im only lvl 37 but man is it a blast to just kill people on this game hahah. I've already made a few enemies on my server that I see every so often and a fight will ALWAYS break out. To be honest most of the time I corpse camp them because I hate them and want to see their character suffer.

Yes sometimes they get the best of me... I have been ganked many times but to be honest I don't really get angry, even if they are level 60 killing me in a town or something I will either run away or hit up /3 Local Defense. P.S. It feels AMAZING when you bring down a higher lvl and trash talk them in emotes.

Im a very nice person in real life but I do feel like im a really toxic person on this game and a little nervous if I could get banned for it.... Even though I NEVER ninja things.
    I will always help out my faction and other players. Im great at making friends but with Classic I know your reputation matters. I dont want to be blacklisted...
    Could corpse camping people make it hard for me to get into groups?
    Last edited by buddhapunch09; 2019-10-07 at 03:58 AM.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

There is no "too much" on a PvP server. Griefing will get you in trouble on a PvE server, but it must be something like hours or even days.

My friend and I ganked in the Blasted Lands non-stop in MoP while we sat in BG queues. I don't remember what faction we were, but I do remember sitting in 15 minute queues and having very little else to do other than wait in it. Our rule was that we would let a guy go after we killed him 30 times. We also had no problem at all with fighting the level 90 players who showed up. PvP was much less numbers focused back then and pvp gear gave a direct advantage over players in pve gear, so even outnumbered we almost always won.

It's pretty much the same in Classic. If there's nothing to do, we go gank people. I don't really see a problem with it, because the Horde will just do the exact same thing anyway, and PvE servers exist for players who don't want to deal with it. If we die, so what? There's nothing else to do sometimes, and I'd rather kill everyone I see than let them live and regret it later.

Camping someone isn't gonna get anyone mad at you on your own faction.

i would assume a pvp realm lets you have free reign to do whatever you want.

wasn't there a rogue back in the day that had menethil harbour in lockdown?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't corpse camp and I don't gank lowbies, that's just some straight up dickhead shit. I kill and keep it moving.

Depends. Corpse camping on Pvp server = Roleplaying. RP server = Roleplaying, PvE server = griefing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    i would assume a pvp realm lets you have free reign to do whatever you want.

wasn't there a rogue back in the day that had menethil harbour in lockdown?
    Menethil Harbour was a nightmare back then I remember getting steamrolled by a gang of rogue so I just stop going there after my quests were done in that area.

Although it can be very frustrating when bring camped, that's what a pvp realm is for - random and imba pvp encounters. As a rule, if I am out questing, and someone jumps me while I am in combat or low on health, IF I manage to take them down, they better not have any plans for he next 15-29 minutes, because I know what I'll be doing. Or at least until I get bored.

However it is unlikely I would attack someone low on go or in combat, defeat then, AND camp their corpse. I would expect them to come for revenge, which is exactly what these realms are all about.

No rules though, so long as it's within blizzards guidelines, have fun and camp as long as you want.

I've never killed a player more than once unless they tried to kill me the second time too.

Killing lowbies is a time-honored tradition, and I will forever cherish memories of noob fishing in orgrimmar with my crashin' thrashin' racer getting them to come within throwing knife range and flag themselves, but don't ruin someone's day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by lionofwar87 View Post
    Depends. Corpse camping on Pvp server = Roleplaying. RP server = Roleplaying, PvE server = griefing.
    Wrong. To get corpse camped on pve you have to actively initiate PvP. By being corpse camped, you have already agreed to the social contract. I say that people should be corpse camped on pve for longer.

I have been camped a few times over the years on both pve and PvP servers. I have never had an issue with it. It is up to me to get myself out of the situation and it isn't difficult. The last time on a PvP server was when warmode was released and I was a LVL 20 that wanted to hand in a quest. Mtultple LVL 110s decided it was a good idea to camp the town. I died 5 times but that included dying, handing in a quest and then leaving. 10 mins of annoyance but I really wanted to hand that quest in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Although it can be very frustrating when bring camped, that's what a pvp realm is for - random and imba pvp encounters. As a rule, if I am out questing, and someone jumps me while I am in combat or low on health, IF I manage to take them down, they better not have any plans for he next 15-29 minutes, because I know what I'll be doing. Or at least until I get bored.
    LOL omg my thoughts exactly, I hate it so much when that happens!!!! You're out there taking down multiple mobs at half hp and BAM hunters mark appears!

But man is it funny when you are on the other side killing them when they are lower heath and attacking a mob.
    This is the best example of how you make life long enemies imo. hahah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wrong. To get corpse camped on pve you have to actively initiate PvP. By being corpse camped, you have already agreed to the social contract. I say that people should be corpse camped on pve for longer.

I have been camped a few times over the years on both pve and PvP servers. I have never had an issue with it. It is up to me to get myself out of the situation and it isn't difficult. The last time on a PvP server was when warmode was released and I was a LVL 20 that wanted to hand in a quest. Mtultple LVL 110s decided it was a good idea to camp the town. I died 5 times but that included dying, handing in a quest and then leaving. 10 mins of annoyance but I really wanted to hand that quest in.
    Yeah thats the best way to handle it.
    Just accept the fact that its happening, try to get your stuff done and leave. The less you resist the less fun it is for the campers from my experience of being on both sides.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Im a very nice person in real life but I do feel like im a really toxic person on this game and a little nervous if I could get banned for it.... Even though I NEVER ninja things.
    People tend to show their true selves (or at the very least, a side of themselves that they wouldn't in person) in an environment of anonymity.

If you go out of your way to be a toxic dickhead in a game... yeah, it isn't coming from the game.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    People tend to show their true selves (or at the very least, a side of themselves that they wouldn't in person) in an environment of anonymity.

If you go out of your way to be a toxic dickhead in a game... yeah, it isn't coming from the game.
    Im sorry but there is a WAR going on out here! NOOBS ARE DYING!
    WAR is HECK!
    Last edited by buddhapunch09; 2019-10-07 at 04:52 AM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, I think corpse camping is petty.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on a PvE server and PvP here is way more intense when it actually happens.
    The only case of "corpse camping" happened to us in hinterlands, in an elite-quest location. There was a horde druid with PvP on, who got hit by a mage spamming arcane explosion, horde attacked mage, alliance attacked druid, everyone got tagged, we joined in the fun, two more horde groups also joined, but because we had more magi we won by simply spamming AE, then proceeded killing them as they respawn, because we were waiting for a quest mob to respawn at this spot and had nothing better to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say doing at all is being a dick.

Thankfully I had better things to do with my time. "World PVP" is bad enough as it is (99.9% of the time it isn't even really PVP), and corpse camping is bottom of the barrel. You might say you're a nice guy IRL, but if you go out of your way and enjoy knowingly making someone else angry/upset/miserable, then you're pretty much a shitty person.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    No, I think corpse camping is petty.
    Agreed. Especially against low levels, there's no feat in it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Thankfully I had better things to do with my time. "World PVP" is bad enough as it is (99.9% of the time it isn't even really PVP), and corpse camping is bottom of the barrel. You might say you're a nice guy IRL, but if you go out of your way and enjoy knowingly making someone else angry/upset/miserable, then you're pretty much a shitty person.
    Out of interest, what do you think differentiates a pvp realm from a pve one? Remember, if you want a gentleman's planned 1v1 against the other faction, you can flag for pvp and allow the other person to do the same, and if you want large scale balanced pvp, the BG's exist for that. Large scale Wpvp can still exist on a pve realm if everyone just flags, so what exactly do you think the point of a pvp realm is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Agreed. Especially against low levels, there's no feat in it at all.
    Corpse camping is corpse camping - the players level shouldnt really factor into it.

There was no bounds back in 2005/2006.
    Sometimes you got camped, sometimes you would get killed then get a random emote from the player whether it was a /spit or a /salute,sometimes camped by a group constantly running around LOS areas in case you rezzed....the list goes on.
    Most the time it was when you had pulled mobs especially in STV.

Personally Never killed lowbies, i always used to /wave just so they didnt have to run away or sit and wait to carry on questing, to be honest used to run past some and help kill mobs if i saw they were in trouble.
    I always used to see that as the 1 written rule on a pvp server.....doubt many do nowadays though.