Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I mean, he's not wrong...is he a dick? yes..is he wrong? no.

    Why take a boomkin who will do sub par damage,have to drink after every pull,bring no real form of CC and only offers Ranged crit change. When you could bring a mage who does more dmg, can make food/water, CC, best AOE dmg in the game(Which makes dngs go faster), solid ST dmg, Int buff and portals for after. A warlock who brings solid ST and AOE, healthstones, A battle rez, summons just incase, CC, Blood pact stamins bonus and a Voidwalker incase the tanks having issues.

    The fact is, you can say what he did about a lot of classes. Why bring a ret when you can bring a rogue? People warned players this would happen, you need to just accept it if you're going to go down that path and play a spec that is seen as 1 spec only(Paladins,Shaman,Druids are all seen as healers and only healers) and not get your feelings hurt when people call you out on it.
    As a mage, i'd love a boomkin in our raids for the crit buff. I wouldn't take one to a dng though
    No we just need a way to know which people are elitist pieces of garbage so we don't accidentally group up with an asocial adult child, who would rather throw a tantrum and delay the group further than accept a dungeon might take a few extra minutes.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Every spec that doesn't do well in the cutting edge raid scene (which doesn't exist in classic yet) is persecuted by idiots throughout the entire game.

    "You're a ret? Useless. You're a boomy? Useless. You're arcane? Useless. You're sub? Useless."

    People that say this and other examples are toxic garbage. Most of these asswipes are also never going to be in a cutting edge raid either. Every single talent configuration is "viable" in every part of the game that isn't a raid boss.

    Your healer should be blacklisted.
    Calls people toxic garbage. Acts like toxic garbage. Nice.

    I think anyone who doesn't want to group with someone else is fully entitled to not group with someone else. If someone kicked some other guy because of a perceived weakness then I think that is as good as reason as any. "This guy is after the same gear as me" KICK. "This guy is a ret" KICK. "I would rather have a mage" KICK. It is their group. They can do whatever the hell they want with it as long as ToS aren't broken. I actually applaud this attitude. Why help people who are not going to be of any use latter on? That 7th oomkin that you've come across today needs to know that 6 of them will be a healer or they won't raid. That Ret wasting his time getting to 60? No ones going to give a place to him over a mage. The simple fact is this. You do not know what you will get when you pug in dungeons. The player behind the class could be shit. They could be great. You have no tools to know. Best to take the spec and not the player. If you don't like it then you should join a guild or make your own groups. If you feel triggered then maybe Classic isn't for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Calls people toxic garbage. Acts like toxic garbage. Nice.

    That 7th oomkin that you've come across today needs to know that 6 of them will be a healer or they won't raid. That Ret wasting his time getting to 60? No ones going to give a place to him over a mage. The simple fact is this. You do not know what you will get when you pug in dungeons. The player behind the class could be shit. They could be great. You have no tools to know. Best to take the spec and not the player. If you don't like it then you should join a guild or make your own groups. If you feel triggered then maybe Classic isn't for you.

    You do know there's no such thing as an oomkin, right? you would need to play very poorly to go oom.
    Please follow your train of thought to the end: "The player behind the class could be shit." "Best to take the spec and not the player."
    Shaman Raid Tank aficionado & expert in off-meta specs: Melee Hunter, Smite Priest, Priest Tank Guide, Rogue Tank and more...

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    Amd really, in a five man dungeon, does it really matter if a boss fight runs an extra fifteen seconds?
    No, it doesn't But 95% of a dungeon is not boss fights. It's killing trash. And guess what? The real casters are much, much better at that.

  5. #185
    Stood in the Fire Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post

    This happens on retail aswell, it's like the same crowd might be playing both versions :thinking:

    My GF actually quit WoW after being kicked from a couple of dungeons at max level, because she didn't know the different ways to skip certain trash etc. Toxic community is a huge part of both versions, sadly.
    Toxic people in dungeons yelling at me because I don't know shortcuts and skips and won't tell me when I ask is one of the reasons I barely do group content anymore.
    It's really demotivating.

  6. #186
    I love how everyone jumps on the "they go OOM in raid" bandwagon. Flash news guys: bosses die in 60-90 seconds in MC

    (i'm not protecting the stupid owls, just pointing out a dumb argument)

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I love how everyone jumps on the "they go OOM in raid" bandwagon. Flash news guys: bosses die in 60-90 seconds in MC

    (i'm not protecting the stupid owls, just pointing out a dumb argument)
    Obv, but they die in that time because ppl used "real dps classes"

  8. #188
    Just do what I am doing, skip classic and wait for TBC

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    ...Druid has to heal, period...
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    ...I think everyone should play how they want....
    Ummm, ok pal, if you say so.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    WoW, that's some kind of douches there. I mean, ONE douche that is normal, but if they got enough to actually KICK someone from the group, that's just silly.
    Leader kicks in Classic, I think. No group vote.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Which is why Blizzard has, over the years, built systems to mitigate these problems (voting systems, automated grouping for certain content, easier difficulty levels etc).
    But Classic was supposed to be "about the journey" and the community was supposed to be "pure" and not have the problems retail has.

    Yeah. That didn't last.
    How was it going to? It wasn't pure back then, it won't be now. Ninja-ing, kicking, checking gear, picking specific classes - these were all issues of the past, way before LFG (that supposedly ruined the community).

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think anyone who doesn't want to group with someone else is fully entitled to not group with someone else. If someone kicked some other guy because of a perceived weakness then I think that is as good as reason as any. "This guy is after the same gear as me" KICK. "This guy is a ret" KICK. "I would rather have a mage" KICK. It is their group. They can do whatever the hell they want with it as long as ToS aren't broken. I actually applaud this attitude. Why help people who are not going to be of any use latter on? That 7th oomkin that you've come across today needs to know that 6 of them will be a healer or they won't raid. That Ret wasting his time getting to 60? No ones going to give a place to him over a mage. The simple fact is this. You do not know what you will get when you pug in dungeons. The player behind the class could be shit. They could be great. You have no tools to know. Best to take the spec and not the player. If you don't like it then you should join a guild or make your own groups. If you feel triggered then maybe Classic isn't for you.
    Toxic garbage. All of this. Just wanted to let you know that.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  12. #192
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    5,892
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCa View Post
    So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling the moonkin to reroll Resto if she ever wanted a group.
    She told him that she likes playing the game how she wanted before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.

    She was topping dps chart though. Why do people hate moonkins so much?
    Because people like that healer are brainless and simply accept what they are told. They don't realize what they are told only applies to cutting edge raids...their world is simple black and white.

    You are going to run into them in the game as well as in the real world. It's easy to let the toxic players like the healer seem like they rule the game, but just put them on ignore and you'll soon realize that most of the players are actually pretty cool...it's just that the toxic players are disproportionately loud.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Isn't Demonic Sacrifice better than Shadow Mastery in DPS terms? Particulary since Nightfall is proc dependent and needs a corruption applied to to the target.
    (It is stronger in Trash fights though, since you can apply multiple corruptions, which can proc Nightfall. And offers more utility due to the Imp pet, so you should have, at least one SM warlock in the raid for your tanks).
    A big reason why people don't go all in with affliction talents is debuff slots tbh
    if you're lucky you'll be allowed a corruption slot,but if you're allowed a curse slot,it won't be curse of agony,which does some really high damage for affliction warlocks
    If you're going to use another curse,that makes amplify curse useless too,so that's another affliction talent that won't be useful.

    So yeah,a pure affliction build can pull out higher damage,but it'll never really come into use in raids.
    You can probably fuck people up in PvP with it though

  14. #194
    This does not seem like a real story to me. I have a hard time believing Boomkin topping the meter.

  15. #195
    Epic! Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,735
    I would've told the healer off, dropped group, and assured the boomkin through whispers that said healer is a douchebag who doesn't speak for the rest of the group if I saw that happen.

    If anyone in this group gets blacklisted by me, it's gonna be the healer.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2019-10-14 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Isn't Demonic Sacrifice better than Shadow Mastery in DPS terms? Particulary since Nightfall is proc dependent and needs a corruption applied to to the target.
    (It is stronger in Trash fights though, since you can apply multiple corruptions, which can proc Nightfall. And offers more utility due to the Imp pet, so you should have, at least one SM warlock in the raid for your tanks).
    There are speculations surrounding a 30/0/21 talent setup that utilises your imp + flame buffet and other fire effects. Theorised to be the highest dps spec for warlock in the game. Naturally, plenty of things need to go according to plan for it to work and this is more relevant in the late game.
    Shaman Raid Tank aficionado & expert in off-meta specs: Melee Hunter, Smite Priest, Priest Tank Guide, Rogue Tank and more...

  17. #197
    You know which else minority was percecuted who also happens to have beaks. The jews.

    One might also argue that boomkins have it worse as they are an even smaller minority and didn't even do anything wrong.








    // Gavin B
    Last edited by d00mh4cker; 2019-10-14 at 03:26 PM.

  18. #198
    OP never replied to his thread. I wonder if he just wanted to create some kind of troll thread.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

    giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

  19. #199
    Just post the damage meters in this case

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCa View Post
    So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling the moonkin to reroll Resto if she ever wanted a group.
    She told him that she likes playing the game how she wanted before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.

    She was topping dps chart though. Why do people hate moonkins so much?
    Because he was not wrong. Why do you think they were called "Oomkins" . If I need a ranged dps ill take a hunter/mage/lock as there are plenty of them and all 3 classes do more for the group.
    Arthas, Anduin's Real Father Warcraft Conspiracy * 12 TIPS to Help You Earn GOLD in Warcraft Classic
    | AMD Ryzen 3900x| MSI B450 TOMAHAWK| EVGA GTX 1080 SC| 32GB Dom Platnium| 960 EVO M.2 1TB SSD| 4TB WD HD| Define R5|
    | I7-7700k @ 4.8| Asus TUF Z270 MARK 1| EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3| 16GB Corsair Veng RGB | NZXT S340 Elite|

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •