Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The game is so easy, why make it even easier by just using pure meta comps? Honestly I think it'd be fun to do a 40 man guild with all the misfit specs.
    Cause I got real life things to do.

Also, why continue to feed gear to subpar specs after T2 drops, when T3 drops.

You're going to be running multiple raids, the time saved will add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I hope I am misunderstanding what you are saying, because Boomkins were far from shit dps in BC. They were top Tier. Druids overall were brokenly OP in TBC. I know. I was the guilds Main Tank throughout the entirety of TBC, while playing boomkin. That is right... boomkin main tank, while topping meters, during current content (not outgearing the content), while competing for Server Firsts with two other guilds.
    You were not main tanking as a boomkin in TBC. Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

That sounds like a really fun way to approach a 15 year old game

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Maybe it was some bizarre private server where such things were possible. On retail, it never happened. Not only that, but there were at least 3 bosses that where druid tank was weak (if not "impossible without overgearing"), even ignoring the moonkin part. No legendary shield for Kael's one shot pyro, no spell reflect for RoS and no way to avoid Shear on Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    That sounds like a really fun way to approach a 15 year old game
    Why are we still discussing this? Make your own raid if you want to be a hybrid spec getting carried and being bottom dps. If you want to be so stubborn and not help your raid team as best as you can, then make your own team. I promise you wont be in mine. And we clear mc in one night because we dont allow this garbage

Oomkins have great base damage but scale terribly. It's why they're not bad in blues compared to everyone else, but as soon as the epics come rolling in they get left in the dust.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Cause I got real life things to do.

Also, why continue to feed gear to subpar specs after T2 drops, when T3 drops.

I don't think most of the people coming into Classic are looking to save time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    my question is why are you grouping with people like that? the moment that moonkin got kicked i would have left and put the leader on ignore.
    No you wouldn't have. You would've just carried on like everything was normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Oomkins have great base damage but scale terribly. It's why they're not bad in blues compared to everyone else, but as soon as the epics come rolling in they get left in the dust.
    You do know there's no such thing as an oomkin, right? you would need to play very poorly to go oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Since you need 40 to run MC and since it is lolMC, you can run with any spec (including some level 59s) just to make up the bodies. As classic progresses and things become actually less braindead, specs like Ret, Oomkin, SPs, Enh etc are going to be left behind (except maybe as filler if guilds dont have 40).

But come Patwerk, if you are playing Ret on Patchwerk, then your guild is seriously carrying you mate.

That being said, no need to minmax till Nef (BWL) or even AQ40. But are you willing to wait that long wasting days of playtime on a class that will eventually be useless? Rather reroll now than 6 months down the line.
    A guy on the last page said his guild is running MC with 20-25 people because his guild leader and I quote "refuses to invite bad specs."

I hope I am misunderstanding what you are saying, because Boomkins were far from shit dps in BC. They were top Tier. Druids overall were brokenly OP in TBC. I know. I was the guilds Main Tank throughout the entirety of TBC, while playing boomkin. That is right... boomkin main tank, while topping meters, during current content (not outgearing the content), while competing for Server Firsts with two other guilds.
    Yup boomkins are capable of tanking in TBC. But to be fair nearly every class can tank in TBC, its unbelievably easier than Classic. Largely in part thanks to gems, more enchants, threat related items & spells (misdirection), shaman are on the alliance and paladins horde and stuff back than was better documented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCa View Post
    ...was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling...
    It seems your healer didn't want any competition on his loot.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

It's possible, although not many bosses back then in TBC. Today, on pservers we've pushed that limit massively.

Yes, I was. Just because you are unaware that it was possible does not equate to it being bs. The playstyle was developed by a German player, and was called a "Panzerkin" build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Maybe it was some bizarre private server where such things were possible. On retail, it never happened. Not only that, but there were at least 3 bosses that where druid tank was weak (if not "impossible without overgearing"), even ignoring the moonkin part. No legendary shield for Kael's one shot pyro, no spell reflect for RoS and no way to avoid Shear on Illidan.
    Another one with zero knowledge on the matter. And no, it was on retail.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2019-10-12 at 11:51 AM.

Yes, I was. Just because you are unaware that it was possible does not equate to it being bs. The playstyle was developed by a German player, and was called a "Panzerkin" build.

- - - Updated - - -

Another one with zero knowledge on the matter. And no, it was on retail.
    Although, there is tank boomkin. Last time I checked (1year ago), going resto talents yields more threat, assuming you have the gear for it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind bringing a boomkin to a dungeon as they can do a good bit of damage for a short while. In raids though they need to respec to healers, unless they wen't out and farmed tons of mana consumables we would consider it. You also have the problem of Druids being the least populated class on both the servers I've been on so far and respec costs from raiding once a week will drain your gold very quickly. In dungeons you can be what ever spec you want as long as it doesn't make a noticeable difference to clear speed for me. I had a group last night with two spriests, ele sham, me the warlock and druid tank. One spriest of course was healing in shadow spec but it did not really slow down our clear.

Imagine kicking the guy doing who's doing the most damage because you don't like their choice of class specialization.

If a moonkin is topping dps charts then the other dps are very bad.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No you wouldn't have. You would've just carried on like everything was normal.
    maybe you would sell yourself for items but i would have left.

That healer sounds pretty constipated. Needs more fiber in their diet.