Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    It's almost as if Classic is actually a shitty game with shitty class balancing but I guess as long as you get your rocks off on nostalgia lmao.
    People still claiming it's a nostalgia trip, yikes.

It's just another MMO version than BfA is, one which some prefer. Me included. Yes class balance is so fucking bad it's a joke, but so what?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post

The hell were your other dps doing?
    Moonkin can do competitive DPS until they go oom. For nearly all 5 mans no fight lasts longer than the 2 mins, so the moonkin will be as competitive as a mage who chooses to drink to refresh mana between pulls.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer the question....they run out of mana. They were called Oomkins for a reason originally.

As for the healer? Fuck that guy.

Same reason people dislike elemental shamans or ret paladins, they're completely useless in raids. It's better for morale to have a vacant slot than to bring one.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I've ran dungeons with ret pallies and feral dps with no issue. They're not exactly challenging as most wipes are due to bad pulls. Hell a friend of mine apprantly did strat with a 2h warrior tank (arms spec ai think). Surprised anyone is that picky with dungeons.

If you're doing 40 man, yeah dead spots would hardly be noticable. Our guild is currently doing MC and Ony as a 20-25 man. The leader is not taking bad specs.
    While I still think that's taking Classic far too serious, but it's more understandable. I think it's pretty ridiculous to restrict until at least phase 5, but I get it's setting precedent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    This forums are full of nonsense and pseudo psicologists.

Games dont transform people. People transform games.
    If one guy is a troll in retail he will be a troll in classic and vice versa.

Classic community is not better. Its the same guys in all games.

A guy helping you out in classic will help you in any other game as long there is interaction.
    What retail lacks is interaction...meaningfull.
    It does not have worse community.

And looking at the recent generation of gamers... The grass doesnt look greenier anywhere.
    Not when there is consequences. If you group with a guy in retail. It's more than likely you will never group with him again. Classic your community is much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Every spec that doesn't do well in the cutting edge raid scene (which doesn't exist in classic yet) is persecuted by idiots throughout the entire game.

"You're a ret? Useless. You're a boomy? Useless. You're arcane? Useless. You're sub? Useless."

People that say this and other examples are toxic garbage. Most of these asswipes are also never going to be in a cutting edge raid either. Every single talent configuration is "viable" in every part of the game that isn't a raid boss.

Your healer should be blacklisted.
    And to be fair,every class is still good enough for most raid bosses anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCa View Post
    So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling the moonkin to reroll Resto if she ever wanted a group.
    She told him that she likes playing the game how she wanted before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.

She was topping dps chart though. Why do people hate moonkins so much?

One can absolutely handle it better than that group. But the fact remains, Moonkins ARE trash, and having one is a waste of a spot. And if the moonkin top the charts, the other dps are just insanely bad.

I would personally never invite a moonkin for any content. But I wouldn't be rude about it ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    They can't use their spells as they are OOM in barely seconds else and do even worse damage.

They can't use their dots in raids because of the few dot slots that are possible and they do less than othes classes dot's. (Same reason you can't play Affliction in raids).
    This is kind of a Myth I know most people are playing Affliction lock and raiding topping meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    This forums are full of nonsense and pseudo psicologists.

Games dont transform people. People transform games.
    If one guy is a troll in retail he will be a troll in classic and vice versa.

Classic community is not better. Its the same guys in all games.

A guy helping you out in classic will help you in any other game as long there is interaction.
    What retail lacks is interaction...meaningfull.
    It does not have worse community.

And looking at the recent generation of gamers... The grass doesnt look greenier anywhere.
    Well said. People think those who play classic are some kind of saints that left the game when TBC came. Truth is that a big portion of the classic playerbase are those who plays, or recently played retail. And the level of toxicity hasn't changed one bit since the early days of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonkin must be the most prejudiced Vanilla spec. I'm at 60 for nearly two weeks now and I can tell you that after like 40-50 various dungeon runs I've NEVER EVER met a SINGLE Moonkin. Not even ONE.

I myself play a Spriest, but I've been through MC already and, luckily, had no problem finding dungeon and raid groups (though couple of times I did hear bad stuff about my spec). But still, there are several SPs who are active at the moment. We even had a Ret doing MC and even winning stuff! But no Moonkin. Nada.

I am tempted to make one. Just to piss off elitists and douchebag minmaxers (people I dislike the most).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Moonkin must be the most prejudiced Vanilla spec. I'm at 60 for nearly two weeks now and I can tell you that after like 40-50 various dungeon runs I've NEVER EVER met a SINGLE Moonkin. Not even ONE.

I myself play a Spriest, but I've been through MC already and, luckily, had no problem finding dungeon and raid groups (though couple of times I did hear bad stuff about my spec). But still, there are several SPs who are active at the moment. We even had a Ret doing MC and even winning stuff! But no Moonkin. Nada.

I am tempted to make one. Just to piss off elitists and douchebag minmaxers (people I dislike the most).
    Since you need 40 to run MC and since it is lolMC, you can run with any spec (including some level 59s) just to make up the bodies. As classic progresses and things become actually less braindead, specs like Ret, Oomkin, SPs, Enh etc are going to be left behind (except maybe as filler if guilds dont have 40).

But come Patwerk, if you are playing Ret on Patchwerk, then your guild is seriously carrying you mate.

That being said, no need to minmax till Nef (BWL) or even AQ40. But are you willing to wait that long wasting days of playtime on a class that will eventually be useless? Rather reroll now than 6 months down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Clearly the healer was the problem not the moonkin.
    since when is rooting not a "real" forn of cc?.

Since it can't be used inside and that pretty much makes it impossible to use in dungeons, thus useless?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Ive had a few oomkins from our guild in some of my parties, its not really a big deal to bring them for dungeons since nothing lives longer than 30 seconds anyways. They dont slow a group down any more than a mage does with all the drinking so not really a big deal to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This is kind of a Myth I know most people are playing Affliction lock and raiding topping meters.
    You do know that "playing affliction lock" means spamming shadowbolt, just like "destruction" or "demonology"? Affliction warlocks aren't going to use their dots in raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

At this point I thought people had figured out it does not really matter, people can bring whatever class and spec they want. Its not like dungeons/raids are hard or require anything special from certain classes anyway.

Its always weird watching people go mental about someone being ret in a raid with 40 people. In the very same raid the bosses die so quickly without any effort at all. Goes for dungeons to. Its a breeze and aslong as most people manage to click a few buttons, you win.

The only thing now is that with certain classes it goes faster. So from there its up to everyone to decide if they cant handle using 5-10 minutes more in a dungeon before going mental in chat.

Sure there are better and more effective classes, there always will be. But classes that CANT clear content in classic? lol.

oh and btw, im playing holy paladin so im not saying this just because I rolled ret or something.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2019-10-08 at 08:40 AM.

Because they run into mana issues in prolonged fights and can't use their dots in a raid environment due to the limited debuff slots.

That said in dungeons they are fine, the healer was just being a whiny tryhard.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Because they run into mana issues in prolonged fights and can't use their dots in a raid environment due to the limited debuff slots.

That said in dungeons they are fine, the healer was just being a whiny tryhard.
    There are very few fights where an equipped and experienced moonkin will run out of mana midfight. Also, they don't depend on dots at all during a fight, it's all Starfire and the occasional Wrath. Im guessing you haven't played since 2004?

15+ Year Old Account
    Because, just like the other "meme specs" they are terrible in raid content when fights last a reasonable duration.

Currently it doesn't matter because Molten Core bosses die in about two minutes anyway before the meme specs go out of mana, but they still won't do anywhere near as much as the big-dick min/max DPS classes.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Ive had a few oomkins from our guild in some of my parties, its not really a big deal to bring them for dungeons since nothing lives longer than 30 seconds anyways. They dont slow a group down any more than a mage does with all the drinking so not really a big deal to me.
    Are moonkins legitimately running out of mana in your guild? They must really not want to read up on how to play their spec properly, since mana problems outside of progression has been solved for years now

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    There are very few fights where an equipped and experienced moonkin will run out of mana midfight. Also, they don't depend on dots at all during a fight, it's all Starfire and the occasional Wrath. Im guessing you haven't played since 2004?
    You are absolutely right, I didn't start playing until November 2005.

Even still most stuff in MC keels over before mana becomes an issue, but since boomkins don't have any way of regenerating mana outside of potions and runes they would inevitably run out of mana in long fights.
    But Classic being Classic its hardly like you need 40 of the most optimized anything to do the raid content so I'd still call people who flat out refuse to bring boomkins for tryhards. All I said was why people don't want them, not that I agree with the sentiment that they are useless.