Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    WoW, that's some kind of douches there. I mean, ONE douche that is normal, but if they got enough to actually KICK someone from the group, that's just silly.
    Leader kicks in Classic, I think. No group vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Which is why Blizzard has, over the years, built systems to mitigate these problems (voting systems, automated grouping for certain content, easier difficulty levels etc).
    But Classic was supposed to be "about the journey" and the community was supposed to be "pure" and not have the problems retail has.

Yeah. That didn't last.
    How was it going to? It wasn't pure back then, it won't be now. Ninja-ing, kicking, checking gear, picking specific classes - these were all issues of the past, way before LFG (that supposedly ruined the community).

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think anyone who doesn't want to group with someone else is fully entitled to not group with someone else. If someone kicked some other guy because of a perceived weakness then I think that is as good as reason as any. "This guy is after the same gear as me" KICK. "This guy is a ret" KICK. "I would rather have a mage" KICK. It is their group. They can do whatever the hell they want with it as long as ToS aren't broken. I actually applaud this attitude. Why help people who are not going to be of any use latter on? That 7th oomkin that you've come across today needs to know that 6 of them will be a healer or they won't raid. That Ret wasting his time getting to 60? No ones going to give a place to him over a mage. The simple fact is this. You do not know what you will get when you pug in dungeons. The player behind the class could be shit. They could be great. You have no tools to know. Best to take the spec and not the player. If you don't like it then you should join a guild or make your own groups. If you feel triggered then maybe Classic isn't for you.
    Toxic garbage. All of this. Just wanted to let you know that.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCa View Post
    So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling the moonkin to reroll Resto if she ever wanted a group.
    She told him that she likes playing the game how she wanted before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.

She was topping dps chart though. Why do people hate moonkins so much?
    Because people like that healer are brainless and simply accept what they are told. They don't realize what they are told only applies to cutting edge raids...their world is simple black and white.

You are going to run into them in the game as well as in the real world. It's easy to let the toxic players like the healer seem like they rule the game, but just put them on ignore and you'll soon realize that most of the players are actually pretty cool...it's just that the toxic players are disproportionately loud.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Isn't Demonic Sacrifice better than Shadow Mastery in DPS terms? Particulary since Nightfall is proc dependent and needs a corruption applied to to the target.
    (It is stronger in Trash fights though, since you can apply multiple corruptions, which can proc Nightfall. And offers more utility due to the Imp pet, so you should have, at least one SM warlock in the raid for your tanks).
    A big reason why people don't go all in with affliction talents is debuff slots tbh
    if you're lucky you'll be allowed a corruption slot,but if you're allowed a curse slot,it won't be curse of agony,which does some really high damage for affliction warlocks
    If you're going to use another curse,that makes amplify curse useless too,so that's another affliction talent that won't be useful.

So yeah,a pure affliction build can pull out higher damage,but it'll never really come into use in raids.
    You can probably fuck people up in PvP with it though

This does not seem like a real story to me. I have a hard time believing Boomkin topping the meter.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would've told the healer off, dropped group, and assured the boomkin through whispers that said healer is a douchebag who doesn't speak for the rest of the group if I saw that happen.

If anyone in this group gets blacklisted by me, it's gonna be the healer.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-10-14 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Isn't Demonic Sacrifice better than Shadow Mastery in DPS terms? Particulary since Nightfall is proc dependent and needs a corruption applied to to the target.
    (It is stronger in Trash fights though, since you can apply multiple corruptions, which can proc Nightfall. And offers more utility due to the Imp pet, so you should have, at least one SM warlock in the raid for your tanks).
    There are speculations surrounding a 30/0/21 talent setup that utilises your imp + flame buffet and other fire effects. Theorised to be the highest dps spec for warlock in the game. Naturally, plenty of things need to go according to plan for it to work and this is more relevant in the late game.

You know which else minority was percecuted who also happens to have beaks. The jews.

One might also argue that boomkins have it worse as they are an even smaller minority and didn't even do anything wrong.

// Gavin B
    Last edited by d00mh4cker; 2019-10-14 at 03:26 PM.

OP never replied to his thread. I wonder if he just wanted to create some kind of troll thread.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Just post the damage meters in this case

So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed by our healer saying the moonkin was a waste of a group slot and telling the moonkin to reroll Resto if she ever wanted a group.
    She told him that she likes playing the game how she wanted before getting kicked and the healer told me and others to blacklist her.

Because he was not wrong. Why do you think they were called "Oomkins" . If I need a ranged dps ill take a hunter/mage/lock as there are plenty of them and all 3 classes do more for the group.

I've been in a few dungeon runs with moonkins and their performance has actually been top notch.

Them having to drink mana frequently isn't an issue at all, because all the other caster classes do it as well anyways (more so than the moonkins I've played it). Every mage for example is oom after aoe-ing down a big pack of mobs.

I think there's just a lot of stigma with these specs. The healer is probably someone who got all his knowledge about classic from forums and videos. Not even tryhards are hating at moonkins atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was in BRD runs and a Moonkin was getting harassed...Why do people hate moonkins so much?
    Healer sounds like a Grade-A douche bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I wonder if they had infinite mana, could they be able to dps like a mage? (Same questions for Shaman elem?)
    Probably not. Mages getting Curse of Elements amplifying their dps, and Locks getting that 15% from SPs. About the only thing an Ele or Boomy would get from the raid would be Nightfall (if you're running one)? Both would probably still be in that 2nd tier of DPS (still 100% viable though).

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    But since this wasnt a raid, how does it matter how they perform in them?
    It's dumb when people try to min/max leveling content ....
    Ran a full-clear BRD with a Boomy this weekend (1st Boomy I've seen) and it was smooth AF all the way to Emp.
    Mage, Boomy, Hunter. Shit died...

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    If a moonkin is topping dps charts then the other dps are very bad.
    Not true at all. Moonkins have more gearing options than other casters in dungeons and Starfire does a significant amount of damage (+ Moonfire does a lot too).

Mages for example only get better in raids, because at this point they are more mana efficient and they simply have a lot of good gear to get there, while moonkins get their bis from off-tier items and from T0. Also Moonfire shouldn't be used in raids.

Overall moonkins suffer in raids from the debuff slot and not having a lot of gearing options. However, none of that is true in dungeons. Their base spells and talents are strong af though.

Quote Originally Posted by J012D4N View Post
    Healer sounds like a Grade-A douche bag.

About the only thing an Ele or Boomy would get from the raid would be Nightfall (if you're running one)?
    Boomy's cast Starfire which is Arcane, which benefits from Curse of Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Because he was not wrong. Why do you think they were called "Oomkins" . If I need a ranged dps ill take a hunter/mage/lock as there are plenty of them and all 3 classes do more for the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    And secondly, they oom very, very fast.
    They are in fact, not called oomkins. you would need to play very poorly to go oom.
    Last edited by Caperfin; 2019-10-14 at 04:35 PM.

Dungeon DPS is fine, its the raiding that is the problem, and its two fold. In classic, you can only have 16 debuffs on a mob, moonkin DoTs are not debufs that will be allowed, for debuff slots are reserved for raid benefits, i.e. Winter's Chill, Faerie Fire, Demo shout, curse of elements etc, things that help the raid. And secondly, they oom very, very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Ummm, ok pal, if you say so.
    That's the issue: nobody is reading texts anymore: the first quote was what the dev seemed to believed back then, the second quote is my personal opinion. Set bonuses, class balance, all was leaning towards restoration, so in my eyes there view back then was: druids have to heal, period. But that is not my opinion. So please read again through the whole text, thank you.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-10-14 at 06:12 PM.

Moonkins are half-rate mages with severe mana issues. That's why they're looked down upon.

Blacklist the healer, not the Moonkin.
    People are free to choose whatever class/spec they wanna play.

My guess is because classic is bad.