Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    No offense dude but you might not be the best warlock if you're losing to priests. The priest has to run up next to you to fear you, it lasts 8 seconds, breaks on the slightest damage, and has a 30 second cooldown. All you have to do is death coil him (fear ward does NOT stop death coilk) when he runs at you, fear him outta that (cast it twice if it's a dwarf), and dot him up. He'll be around 40% health when the fear breaks...IF it breaks at all.
    You clearly dont know what youre talking about.. I play both spriest and lock I know well how to counter them. Problem is most of the time you are fighting, you cant dot and run away from his fear because there are often mobs around you.. Biggest problem is that corruption/immolate/siphon life cost 300-360 mana. And priest can dispel 2 fuckin magic in an instant for 160 mana. You cant win a dot game with them. You can only keep a curse on them. Also their fear absolutely dont break easy. Man you have no clue what you re talking about. I get 2-3 mind fley on people and it doesnt break.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Have any of you had any regrets so far over the race and/or class you picked for Classic?

If so, what are those regrets exactly? Have you rerolled because of it? Would be interesting to know.
    Since i was a Priest in Vanilla i thought i would try a Pally this time. Thus far it is 44 levels i will never get back. So boring i can't play for more than half an hour on it. It does mean i have several other classes at 20 odd but i can't really find 'The One' i want to max out and gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a female dwarf paladin with braids that twirl when I heal. I got everything right.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly regret rolling a Warlock. That is mostly because I'm stuck just doing DPS roles in dungeons and eventually raids. I knew that before picking the class, of course, but didn't anticipate getting so bored so quickly of the class.

15+ Year Old Account
    I regret joining the horde as a warlock just because the entire community I knew was gonna play there from pvt realms, sure it's a good chill guild and all, but tbh I just should've played what I wanted, which was a Paladin. A fresh start with new ppl might've been cool too I guess.

Too invested in my lock now (I always said I didn't like and shouldn't play a caster on horde too, as they are too melee focussed, casters should go ally, reee) as it would be aids to quit after getting full t1 and whatnot. I don't dislike playing it now, but I feel it's more of the same I've been doing for the past year anyway. Paladin always suited me perfectly before and isn't as superfresh in my memory.

And I already miss healing, dps competition in vanilla is mostly about getting shit like songflower and not getting ganked, and on overflowing realms it isn't this enjoyable, and won't be in the future I recon.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    You clearly dont know what youre talking about.. I play both spriest and lock I know well how to counter them. Problem is most of the time you are fighting, you cant dot and run away from his fear because there are often mobs around you.. Biggest problem is that corruption/immolate/siphon life cost 300-360 mana. And priest can dispel 2 fuckin magic in an instant for 160 mana. You cant win a dot game with them. You can only keep a curse on them. Also their fear absolutely dont break easy. Man you have no clue what you re talking about. I get 2-3 mind fley on people and it doesnt break.
    Your mind flay anecdote gives the game away. The spell has like a 25 yard range with talents. There's no way you're getting 3 off before the dude is out of range, even if the psychic scream somehow miraculously doesn't break. Sounds like you lost one fight in a tiny room and are butthurt.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Loving my night elf druid. Especially knowing what the fuck im doing now. I leveled my druid basically balance all the way to 60 back in vanilla but playing as if I was a feral and wasn't using all my feral abilities the way they should. Having now like 13 years of experience with the game has made it super rewarding. I know feral isn't like one of the sought after classes but it feels good being able to play it "right".
    That was my almost exact experience in Vanilla as well. I remember getting laughed at for being a moonkin but I didn't care, I was having fun.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

I feel like I might regret dwarf rogue later cause aesthetically they're pretty awful pre-remodel, but I couldn't ignore how useful Find Treasure and Stoneform were.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Anyone that made a Nelf (and possibly human) priest should be feeling a shit ton of regret.
    Nah. I made a NE priest in vanilla and I made another one in classic. My only disappointment is Starshards is channeled instead of instant cast, so that change must've been made in BC+.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Human ret...the spec is fine (actually enjoying the simplicity of the slow juicy hits) but I regretted taking Blacksmithing at about lvl 150. I dumped it for Engi. Now that I'm 260 with all the trinkets, I kind of wish I could craft some pre-bis gear. I may roll an alt to level BS (and enchanting).

It's clear from your comments that you only play Soul link spec, I dare you to try to beat a good rogue as an undead. a good rogue will not leave a gap in their combo, you won't be using deathcoil because you'll be dead. Succubus is easily dealt with by any rogue with half a braincell and with the abundance of guides and videos floating around I wouldn't be surprised if every rogue had a skull of impending doom and maxed engineering.

You may find that as a soul link warlock you can deal with rogues just fine as an undead but if you value playing other specs orc has incredible value.

There are marginally less warlocks on alliance than horde, but there's equally the same amount of rogues/warriors on both factions, which means we will face quite a lot more stuns than fears , this isn't just the warrior's charge or rogue's stuns, or even paladin's hoj or druid stuns, there's also grenades. grenades that EVERYONE has because engineering has been spread through every single video out there and everyone pvping will have them.

You can sit here and discuss about your ways of dealing with rogues vs locks and priests but these are YOUR ways and every fight is based on your opponent's skill level.

Sure you can beat a bad rogue easily, you can also beat a bad lock/priest just as easily. The question becomes not "which class is harder" but which class will I most likely encounter?

There are even more ways of beating warlocks/priests than rogues tbh, things you failed to mention: Spellstone full dot wiping and absorb shield, shadow ward, felhunter self dispel to remove dots and fears, trinket that can remove fear/charm/polymorphs and finally shadow reflector. There's a million and one way to avoid getting feared , fear is a 20-24 y ranged spell that can be out distanced/avoided or outplayed, you can see it coming, same logic applies to the priest which is even more obvious since they have to run straight on top of you to pull it off.

Forcing yourself to go undead because of a hypothetical situation in which you MIGHT face another soul link warlock that MIGHT outplay you which will probably hit your pride far worse than if you had lost to any other class is probably the true reason you went undead.

Be honest with yourself, you would rather fight and lose to 10 rogues than to lose once vs a lock. You picked undead because you subconsciously believe you aren't good enough to beat another lock using a different race that doesn't provide a massive advantage against locks, which is what any other race for lock is.

This undead vs orc debate has been discussed to death, the answer to that debate is , if you value your pve performance more than your pvp performance then go undead, otherwise go orc.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-10-08 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, but I regret not taking more weeks off work so I could have been 60 at 2nd or even 1st reset. Now I'm like 5th to get gear for my class...

lol I never never never run a dungeon with a hunter. And im not the only one. To begin with they need on everyfuckin thing: stamina, strenght, agility, intelect, cloth, leather, mail, ranged weapons, staff, daggers, swords, maces, axes, polearm you name it.
    Their pet aggro everything, they keep making mistakes and they always go AFK. I swear I feel like everytime somebody logs on their hunter, their IQ drops during that session.
    Honestly the worst players I found by far were mages.
    But I guess it's just a consequence of being the FOTM class,that kind of stuff always brings all the retards to one class

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I sometimes regret going warrior. Because I don’t like tanking five mans. UBRS and raids is good times but five mans is hell on earth. No one listens. They go aggro on mobs right away and then I can’t get rage to get even one sunder off on the other targets. And I’m blamed for being a bad tank. Yet funny enough I tank fine in groups.

I also see how nuts shadow priests are in PvP and wanna try one

I wanted to roleplay a Troll Witchdoctor. I rolled Priest because I felt it was the closest fit back in Vanilla/TBC time, because they still had their Priest racials like Hex of Weakness. In hindsight, Shaman would have been the better fit since they have Totems, and because the Priest lost their racials.

I still like Priest gameplay better though, so no regrets on rolling that. It just hurts the Witchdoctor RP image.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Yeah I sometimes regret going warrior. Because I don’t like tanking five mans. UBRS and raids is good times but five mans is hell on earth. No one listens. They go aggro on mobs right away and then I can’t get rage to get even one sunder off on the other targets. And I’m blamed for being a bad tank. Yet funny enough I tank fine in groups.

I also see how nuts shadow priests are in PvP and wanna try one
    Remember, it's not you...it's them. They get agro, come to me because I sure as fuck am not coming to you after your shitty actions on a pull.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Made and Undead Mage. Level 47 and loving it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Made and Undead Mage. Level 47 and loving it so far.
    How do you feel about the competition? There seem to be an overwhelming mount of mages around.

No regret on my end, but I can imagine Hunters are quite upset since they are riddled with bugs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    The only thing I regret is I wasted my time for and old game like this. Blizzard had right. You think you but you don't.
    The same goes for me. I was overjoyed when Classic was announced and was also one of those "Classic is the only hope".

Anyway, after reaching level 60, I immediately uninstalled the game and will never touch it again. What the game did so well in those days has died out in me.
    I would rather have a classic experience in retail with the newer system than a classic experience with the old system.

topic: Rogue is always the best choice

Regret rolling a mage on PvP server, so I rerolled on PvE.

I know I should have stuck with the PvP server and posted copious amounts of whinging threads about being ganked - but I didn't think of that at the time.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.