Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    No regret on my end, but I can imagine Hunters are quite upset since they are riddled with bugs though.
    There really arent any. Fd trap macro works now. Most ppl complaining abt it dont have it macrod / do it fast enough, dont pull their pet back, let their dots tick, or get hit by an aoe. Always works for me now when I do it right.

Pet takes 1 sec after a kill to move back to you but it's not really a problem.

No other bugs I'm aware of or have "felt"

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Yeah I sometimes regret going warrior. Because I don’t like tanking five mans. UBRS and raids is good times but five mans is hell on earth. No one listens. They go aggro on mobs right away and then I can’t get rage to get even one sunder off on the other targets. And I’m blamed for being a bad tank. Yet funny enough I tank fine in groups.

I also see how nuts shadow priests are in PvP and wanna try one
    Most people try to have tanks in their friend list. For me it's the other way around. I add all the dps who knows how to target my fuckin target and wait 5 seconds before doing their AOE. It s fuckin simple yet so hard for them to do.
    The problem is in groups where dps dont give a shit, we always manage to kill all the mobs without dying. So for them, there is no reason to change anything. But for you there is a huge impact, you are not really playing since you dont have rage and you rush everywhere to try to taunt shits out of the healer and..
    And then when you get mad and tell them to stop they dont understand because we havent wiped yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    It's clear from your comments that you only play Soul link spec, I dare you to try to beat a good rogue as an undead. a good rogue will not leave a gap in their combo, you won't be using deathcoil because you'll be dead. Succubus is easily dealt with by any rogue with half a braincell and with the abundance of guides and videos floating around I wouldn't be surprised if every rogue had a skull of impending doom and maxed engineering.

You may find that as a soul link warlock you can deal with rogues just fine as an undead but if you value playing other specs orc has incredible value.

There are marginally less warlocks on alliance than horde, but there's equally the same amount of rogues/warriors on both factions, which means we will face quite a lot more stuns than fears , this isn't just the warrior's charge or rogue's stuns, or even paladin's hoj or druid stuns, there's also grenades. grenades that EVERYONE has because engineering has been spread through every single video out there and everyone pvping will have them.

You can sit here and discuss about your ways of dealing with rogues vs locks and priests but these are YOUR ways and every fight is based on your opponent's skill level.

Sure you can beat a bad rogue easily, you can also beat a bad lock/priest just as easily. The question becomes not "which class is harder" but which class will I most likely encounter?

There are even more ways of beating warlocks/priests than rogues tbh, things you failed to mention: Spellstone full dot wiping and absorb shield, shadow ward, felhunter self dispel to remove dots and fears, trinket that can remove fear/charm/polymorphs and finally shadow reflector. There's a million and one way to avoid getting feared , fear is a 20-24 y ranged spell that can be out distanced/avoided or outplayed, you can see it coming, same logic applies to the priest which is even more obvious since they have to run straight on top of you to pull it off.

Forcing yourself to go undead because of a hypothetical situation in which you MIGHT face another soul link warlock that MIGHT outplay you which will probably hit your pride far worse than if you had lost to any other class is probably the true reason you went undead.

Be honest with yourself, you would rather fight and lose to 10 rogues than to lose once vs a lock. You picked undead because you subconsciously believe you aren't good enough to beat another lock using a different race that doesn't provide a massive advantage against locks, which is what any other race for lock is.

This undead vs orc debate has been discussed to death, the answer to that debate is , if you value your pve performance more than your pvp performance then go undead, otherwise go orc.
    I wish I went undead to increase my chance of beating a dwarf spriest which are those who like to engage with me the most often. And I'm not talking about duels where I have time to prepare my things, I'm talking about the open world, when I'm farming mobs. Thus I either have a succubus or a voidwalker active. Rogues just never try to gank me. Btw no I'm not soul link, just affliction and a bit of destro. When they open on me, my succubs charms them and it gives me time to fear dot and run and see them dead 20sec later. I'm guessing a rogue could beat any lock if he is stun speced and uses all his cooldowns but who would do that and have your cooldowns off for 10mins.. Then he cant gank for 5-10mins.
    Maybe the fact that they know I have 25% chance of resisting their stun makes them not want to open on me. But rogues never attack my priest either. I think rogues just hate dots and fear. But dwarf spriests... these guys they fuckin love to engage in a fight with my lock.
    Also rogues are not as likely to open on me because once they do, they know they cant quest in this area or they will certainly die (because if I open with my dots on a rogue fighitng a mob it s over for him). Spriest dont give a shit, they can engage in a fight with you, keep questing and if you open on them while they are fighitng they dont have a huge disadvantage. So another reason why rogues are less likely to be the annoying dude picking on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Your mind flay anecdote gives the game away. The spell has like a 25 yard range with talents. There's no way you're getting 3 off before the dude is out of range, even if the psychic scream somehow miraculously doesn't break. Sounds like you lost one fight in a tiny room and are butthurt.
    ahh. I have to explain logic 101 to someone again.. When you fear, the targets run in random places, it can happen that he runs one direction and runs the opposite direction. In this case you can MF 2-3 times. And fear doesnt break. Even when you MF and mind blast it almost never breaks. I can't believe im arguing on that point with you, I just did it like 1min ago. Make a priest and try youll see by yourself.

Rolled dwarf paladin cus dwarves are so cool but sometimes wish I went human because of the amount of times I miss with a 2h weapon is a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Regret rolling a mage on PvP server, so I rerolled on PvE.

I know I should have stuck with the PvP server and posted copious amounts of whinging threads about being ganked - but I didn't think of that at the time.
    What? 10 Whats?

5+ Year Old Account
    None. All my regrets where from back in vanilla days. I've made amends with my new race/class combos this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    I wish I went undead to increase my chance of beating a dwarf spriest which are those who like to engage with me the most often. And I'm not talking about duels where I have time to prepare my things, I'm talking about the open world, when I'm farming mobs. Thus I either have a succubus or a voidwalker active. Rogues just never try to gank me. Btw no I'm not soul link, just affliction and a bit of destro. When they open on me, my succubs charms them and it gives me time to fear dot and run and see them dead 20sec later. I'm guessing a rogue could beat any lock if he is stun speced and uses all his cooldowns but who would do that and have your cooldowns off for 10mins.. Then he cant gank for 5-10mins.
    Maybe the fact that they know I have 25% chance of resisting their stun makes them not want to open on me. But rogues never attack my priest either. I think rogues just hate dots and fear. But dwarf spriests... these guys they fuckin love to engage in a fight with my lock.
    Also rogues are not as likely to open on me because once they do, they know they cant quest in this area or they will certainly die (because if I open with my dots on a rogue fighitng a mob it s over for him). Spriest dont give a shit, they can engage in a fight with you, keep questing and if you open on them while they are fighitng they dont have a huge disadvantage. So another reason why rogues are less likely to be the annoying dude picking on me.
    Btw it's 30%, there's a 5% innate chance to resist stuns, 30% is quite good and probably the reason why rogues avoid you, that or it's just that there aren't that many people at 60 and most players right now are not focusing on pvping.

Once phase 2 hits we can have this conversation again and see which classes jump on you the most, though to be fair you also have some form of benefit vs shadow priests, you have a 30% chance of resisting their blackout stuns, which albeit might not be that pressing of an issue but it's something nonetheless.

Another thing I want to discuss is , what's the problem fighting against a spriest with a succubus? you can seduce them just fine and do the same shenanigans, even if you have nothing prepared just throw tongues on them and bolt spam , even if they spam dispel themselves, you can out-CC them quite hard. Seduce doesn't share DR with fear in classic so you can open with a few seduce ->bolts->seduce until DR, you can coil if shit hits the fan and even if they are immune to the first fear , you can fear them twice again after and by then your seduce is off DR. They also go oom quite fast so the longer you extend the fight the more likely you are of winning it.

Another way of baiting priests who love to spam dispel your dots is to throw a rank 1 corruption on them, most priests don't check which rank is up and just blindly dispel. If you ever encounter this kind of priest just spam dot them with R1 and watch them oom themselves. A priest spam dispelling isn't doing you much damage either so you outlast them either way.

Finally, a trick I use often in the open world when farming is I equip the rocket helm at all times specifically for situations like this, the moment someone jumps you in a bad situation you just rocket helm them and bandage/deal with whatever mob you're fighting then turn and destroy them. This way you aren't pigeonholed into running with a succ and you can just go void or felhunter if need be.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-10-09 at 05:10 PM.

I regret my cosmetic choice. I made my night elf druid's hair style, color, and face match the purplish cat form, but now I am always a bear now at the endgame. Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I used to play Warlock in Vanilla and wanted to play kitty druid DPS in Classic. Despite sometimes topping DPS in dungeons with pugs as deep cat i did not find any raiding guild willing to adopt a kitty. You don't even get a chance to proove them wrong about cats.

Because of that i gave up on PVE as Feral and gave a go to the ultimate meme spec to test it out (Oomkin). And for pvp / dungeon soloing / gold farming i absolutly love it. More than deep feral. I know i will never get a guild with it though. My pvp server is meta only / min max. They don't like challenge and want fast loot.

So regrets? Not really no. It did not go as planned but i am loving the ganking in WPVP on my chubby moon/root spamming chocobo.
    Has less to do with min/maxing and more to do with the fact that cat dps is dumpster status, even ret pally is better.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Have any of you had any regrets so far over the race and/or class you picked for Classic?

If so, what are those regrets exactly? Have you rerolled because of it? Would be interesting to know.
    I rolled a Tauren warrior over a Troll, Orc, or Undead. I didn't know the community had changed it's mind about the extra health bonus until afterwards, but didn't want to reroll since Troll may be superior to all other Horde races, I did that in vanilla. I wanted something different so I stuck with it. Knowing full well that War Stomp loses it's luster when it comes to raiding...it has been a godsend in dungeons. I have prevented wipes when big pulls have happened. Giving a healer a second to get a big heal off or giving myself the chance to kite is a BIG deal.

I had a choice between Troll and undead, Picked troll because i don't like the undead horse and raptor is like my favorite mount (Playing mage) I do not regret this choice at all.

If i wanna have the undead casting animation i can just chug some noggerfogger any way

On my lock I got the staff in ZF stolen by a hunter saying that he needs the intelect for more mana, stamina and spell power for stronger arcane shots.
    On my priest I get the staff in SM library stolen by a hunter saying that he needs the intelect for mana, stamina and spirit for health and mana regen.
    On my warrior I got the 2h sword in RFD stolen by a hunter saying he needs the stats and often fight in melee.
    I also got lots of cloth items stolen by a hunter saying that this item gives better stats and that he doesnt need armor since he is ranged.
    Intelect/stamina ring? they will need. Agility/stamina ring? they will need.
    For fuck sake.. All of it kind of make sense but still... thus I never play with them anymore.
    Every weapon is a hunter weapon. You didn’t know that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Since i was a Priest in Vanilla i thought i would try a Pally this time. Thus far it is 44 levels i will never get back. So boring i can't play for more than half an hour on it. It does mean i have several other classes at 20 odd but i can't really find 'The One' i want to max out and gear.
    At your level, you might want to switch to port and AOE grind using a shield spike. It goes super fast. You can literally pull a dozen or more mobs at a time if they aren’t much higher level than you. Plenty of guides available if you aren’t already familiar with this.

I picked Tauren and was to be a tank...guild I joined have tanks filled it seems, so that leaves going Fury...but I am Tauren and sort of wish I had gone Orc...what to do now eh?
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

all the horde regret

layering ends soon my little hippy plebs

MUAHAHAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    Has less to do with min/maxing and more to do with the fact that cat dps is dumpster status, even ret pally is better.
    Nah cat DPS is higher with equal gear. Like way higher.
    The only issue is that powershift is bugged in classic. Every second shift you loose from talents 90ap, 6% crit and leader of the pack (another 3%). So Classic cat performance is gimped. This is one of the reason i went oomkin.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    - I regret making my warlock an orc. Everytime I get feared by a priest I want to break my keyboard and start over with an undead.
    - Warrior. Very nice but remember that it is superrr frustrating and it sucks in PVP. Very unreliable. You see a target, you can either charge and crit half his health in a second and then miss the next 4 attacks till you die.
    If a priest runs towards you.....run away, they are going to fear you.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    There really arent any. Fd trap macro works now. Most ppl complaining abt it dont have it macrod / do it fast enough, dont pull their pet back, let their dots tick, or get hit by an aoe. Always works for me now when I do it right.

Pet takes 1 sec after a kill to move back to you but it's not really a problem.

No other bugs I'm aware of or have "felt"
    This. The amount of whining about hunters is amusing. If you're playing a class based solely on whether you think you'll be invited to groups or raids, you're doing it wrong. Chances are 90% of the population is doing the same thing. Well, more loot for us hunters.

The zig zag motion of the pet is something new to Classic, but I'm able to look past it. Other than that, I think there are just a lot of bad hunters out there that blame their lack of knowledge on "bugs".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    I rolled a Tauren warrior over a Troll, Orc, or Undead. I didn't know the community had changed it's mind about the extra health bonus until afterwards, but didn't want to reroll since Troll may be superior to all other Horde races, I did that in vanilla. I wanted something different so I stuck with it. Knowing full well that War Stomp loses it's luster when it comes to raiding...it has been a godsend in dungeons. I have prevented wipes when big pulls have happened. Giving a healer a second to get a big heal off or giving myself the chance to kite is a BIG deal.
    How is Troll warrior the most superior horde race?
    I waiver between regret I went troll, and instead being an undead warrior but whatever I made my decision purely on cosmetics and that no one plays a male troll warrior.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Can't imagine there being a lot regretting their choice for an old game with plenty of time to plan well in advance knowing what they want to go as with regards to race...
    So this thread is not for you then! Move along!

OnT:

Regretted going druid the first 30 levels or so because of the horribly slow leveling but now that I have all my cat form abilities it's pretty okay. Not sure that ill keep playing that much more tho since the nostalgia is starting to wear off a bit...

Maining Paladin and don't really regret it, I am leveling a second character (Hunter, lvl 32) to farm and grind with because Paladins can't really do that efficiently until later. But for raiding and pvp I'll play my Paladin, healbot + shockadin life for me. Ho Ho.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm happy with my choices.
    Here is something to believe in!