Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    How is Troll warrior the most superior horde race?
    I waiver between regret I went troll, and instead being an undead warrior but whatever I made my decision purely on cosmetics and that no one plays a male troll warrior.
    I'm mostly referring to PVE tanking. Here's the breakdown.

Trolls have Berserking. Even at 100% it is a decent gain for initial rage and a minor amount of threat (from white hits). Even as a DPS the 10% is a huge buff, if there is AOE damage you can fully utilize the 30%. The tiny bit of health recovery saved me in Vanilla a few key times. It's pretty abysmal tbf, but when you see your HP climb up by a tiny bit and then swung at for what would have killed you, then the healer gets their heal off? It's fairly seldom you'd ever see it happen, but man does it feel good when it does lol. Granted, these racials don't get a lot of love in PVP.

Undead gets an extra fear break, which isn't exactly a make or break since Berserker Rage does this as well. Better in PVP if you're getting chain feared, but you're likely to see a heartbeat resist, diminishing returns, or break on damage anyway.

Orcs get a huge stun resist which makes them amazing in PVP, and decent in PVE. Blood Fury is only good as a DPS. The +axes is rarely used as most tanking weapons are swords/maces. Again, better for DPS or in PVP.

Tauren get a bonus to health, which only matters if a swing would have actually killed you and the extra health was above what would have killed another warrior in the exact same situation. War Stomp is great for dungeons (other than when you cast something you cannot dodge/block/parry) and decent in PVP.

I regret going Horde to play with more friends, when I would've preferred Alliance, but without them I might not have passed level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    This. The amount of whining about hunters is amusing. If you're playing a class based solely on whether you think you'll be invited to groups or raids, you're doing it wrong. Chances are 90% of the population is doing the same thing. Well, more loot for us hunters.

The zig zag motion of the pet is something new to Classic, but I'm able to look past it. Other than that, I think there are just a lot of bad hunters out there that blame their lack of knowledge on "bugs".
    Ya the zig zag is different. It tries to attack from behind when it dsnt have aggro. So it definitely looks weird when u send it after a target. I have noticed that it jumps down certain ledges instead of taking the long way but I wouldn't call that a bug lol

I originally rolled a dwarf paladin but I found that class boring to level so I abandoned it and re-rolled as nelf druid but I just don't enjoy classic so I've abandoned that toon (and classic) too lol

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda regret rolling Tauren Hunter since it's a pretty bad race for Hunter, but that was my original character so I figured I'd throw it back. Kinda wish I went Troll because that's the race I played on live until Zandalari came out and they're also the best PVE race for Hunter, but I'm not too worried about it

I rolled an Orc Shaman on Incendious. It was a last second decision. The group of friends I was playing decided to go Horde on the Monday before launch. We had planned on alliance for a long time. Around level 47 The last one called it quits. I should have just gone Pally like I wanted.

It feels too late to reroll now as I’m decked out in raid gear and really enjoying the guild I play with. I guess I will wait til TBC comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Have any of you had any regrets so far over the race and/or class you picked for Classic?

If so, what are those regrets exactly? Have you rerolled because of it? Would be interesting to know.
    Rolled forsaken mage but felt too boring so at 32lvl rerolled nelf druid (45 atm). Much more fun and diversity.

I thought I wanted a mage but I didn’t.
    S.H.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted a boomkin, but all I got is an oomkin... so kind of

Dead zones rock!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    This. The amount of whining about hunters is amusing. If you're playing a class based solely on whether you think you'll be invited to groups or raids, you're doing it wrong. Chances are 90% of the population is doing the same thing. Well, more loot for us hunters.

The zig zag motion of the pet is something new to Classic, but I'm able to look past it. Other than that, I think there are just a lot of bad hunters out there that blame their lack of knowledge on "bugs".
    As if that ever stopped a hunter from rolling on all loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirzy View Post
    I wanted a boomkin, but all I got is an oomkin... so kind of
    If you are going oom, you seriously need to invest into reading a guide to help you.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Playing a warrior mostly solo while leveling sucked on a pvp server. Seems like every other horde I saw was a mage. Glad I chose gnome though. Running around with a pally makes everything better at 60 though.

I regret not making sure my friends rolled Horde instead of Alliance. I just would have had so much more fun @ Horde. But it's okey.

I am a tank Shaman and it is working just fine for me and the people I tank for
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Male Troll Shaman here. No regrets just buying all the savory deviate delight from AH

I've recreated the same characters I used on retail, to who I'm quite acquainted, and about who I spent a lot of time agonizing over every details initially. So they are pretty much exactly what I want them to be

Only thing I regret is that I started my rogue as engi/miner instead of alch/herb because I thought "no other character would fit better for these prof". But I simply don't like engi, so I ended up giving up on it and going alch/herb nevertheless, but after wasting 175 points on each. That's not a heavy amount of regrets, though.

PROUD Gnome Prot-Warr checkin' in

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    I'm mostly referring to PVE tanking. Here's the breakdown.

Trolls have Berserking. Even at 100% it is a decent gain for initial rage and a minor amount of threat (from white hits). Even as a DPS the 10% is a huge buff, if there is AOE damage you can fully utilize the 30%. The tiny bit of health recovery saved me in Vanilla a few key times. It's pretty abysmal tbf, but when you see your HP climb up by a tiny bit and then swung at for what would have killed you, then the healer gets their heal off? It's fairly seldom you'd ever see it happen, but man does it feel good when it does lol. Granted, these racials don't get a lot of love in PVP.

Undead gets an extra fear break, which isn't exactly a make or break since Berserker Rage does this as well. Better in PVP if you're getting chain feared, but you're likely to see a heartbeat resist, diminishing returns, or break on damage anyway.

Orcs get a huge stun resist which makes them amazing in PVP, and decent in PVE. Blood Fury is only good as a DPS. The +axes is rarely used as most tanking weapons are swords/maces. Again, better for DPS or in PVP.

Tauren get a bonus to health, which only matters if a swing would have actually killed you and the extra health was above what would have killed another warrior in the exact same situation. War Stomp is great for dungeons (other than when you cast something you cannot dodge/block/parry) and decent in PVP.
    Skarm went Tauren for that bonus health. He is a great tank that always seems to have great reasons for doing what he does.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    I re rolled yesterday as a Rogue. Pally is just too slow and boring. Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Judgement. . . . Auto attack. . . . Aut...........

Gave up at level 42. In Vanilla, I had 10 friends playing and we leveled together all the way to 60. So I was totally oblivious to how horrible pally leveling solo is.

Level 10 and I didn't realize my shaman spells were so mana intensive that I spent like 3/4 of every kill just autoattacking with rockbiter on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    If a priest runs towards you.....run away, they are going to fear you.
    This is such a noob comment. If you've played the game you know very well there are many occasions where you simply can't run away. Try running away when you are killing mobs in troll ruins. You'll end up aggroing 5 trolls on you.