Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I re rolled yesterday as a Rogue. Pally is just too slow and boring. Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Judgement. . . . Auto attack. . . . Aut...........

Gave up at level 42. In Vanilla, I had 10 friends playing and we leveled together all the way to 60. So I was totally oblivious to how horrible pally leveling solo is.
    if u don't like to heal/support this was a good choice

if u like to heal just go level in dungeons pala s tier support on this version of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of regret rolling hunter.
    Questing is awesome but the class is annoying as f*** to play in tight spaces... and look what dungeons mostly consist of.

Also it bores me to tears that I still only have only 2 buttons + Autoshot @ 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sort of regret rolling hunter.
    Questing is awesome but the class is annoying as f*** to play in tight spaces... and look what dungeons mostly consist of.

Also it bores me to tears that I still only have only 2 buttons + Autoshot @ 30.
    exactly how i'm feeling. keep trying other classes after getting my hunter to 43 but i'm just getting burnt out.

If I played Vanilla again, I would regret choosing to play a so called Hybrid, like a Paladin.

These are great in raids (their Blessings are great), but I hated to be feared to death and/or mana drained in pvp so I could do nothing after that, this was so unbalanced that I probably will never play a Paladin in Classic anymore.

Also the DPS tax. Kinda like paladins doing good for others, useless for themselves.

Which ones are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Just so you know, my warrior has engineering. It is still not very reliable. I have frost reflect and shadow reflect. Charge a mage and cast it right away so he nova on himself and when he blinks, you intercept stun 3sec. He should die if not he will gain range and cast then i throw a dynamite. I also have the helm from uldaman that makes me charge on them. I should be good to beat mages eh? No, I often miss 2-3 attacks in a row (vs players my level) and missing 3 attacks with a 3.6 sec weapon speed is like being stunned for 10.2 seconds.
    that.... is not how reflectors work... and not how that match up plays out either, but that was a nice fantasy you had there! if only reflectors actually reflected AOE abilities like Frost nova, and didn't just make you immune, and IMAGINE using a 50 silver FAP pot instead of an entire trinket for a fucking frost nova.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ya theres a lot of bad hunters, just like theres a lot of bad mages right now. But theres definitely a high skill ceiling for good hunters. If you've never been in a group with a good one, you're missing out. Also, I only roll on agi gear, i have growl turned off, dismiss pet before jumps, micro the fuck outta my pet, and only multishot once aggro is established. Luckily when you level fast, you only group with other fast levelers who arent ignorant and understand what each class can do. Gotten multiple friend requests from group members who were impressed
    heres how you play hunter in dungeons. you ask your mage/warlock to precast on your aimshot, and the 2 of 1 shot 1 of the mobs. now just smack shit, aggro is irrelevant to you, if you're holding back your fucking trash, you have FD for a reason, and no mobs or bosses are at all deadly to a fucking mail wearer.

Done a shit load of dungeons with one of the best hunters around, with raid logs to back it up, and hes usually around 100 DPS behind me in Brm dungeons, and 50 DPS behind me in Scholo/strat cuz of shadow resist cucks etc. and im a freaking warlock, so imagine how he feels when one of our mages join the grp and doubles my overall dmg Hunters are absolutely fine for casual grps and pugs, but for any somewhat organized farm grp they are quite literally competing with Enhancement shamans and ret paladins. I am glad you've had a positive experience with dungeon grps though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I used to play Warlock in Vanilla and wanted to play kitty druid DPS in Classic. Despite sometimes topping DPS in dungeons with pugs as deep cat i did not find any raiding guild willing to adopt a kitty. You don't even get a chance to proove them wrong about cats.

Because of that i gave up on PVE as Feral and gave a go to the ultimate meme spec to test it out (Oomkin). And for pvp / dungeon soloing / gold farming i absolutly love it. More than deep feral. I know i will never get a guild with it though. My pvp server is meta only / min max. They don't like challenge and want fast loot.

So regrets? Not really no. It did not go as planned but i am loving the ganking in WPVP on my chubby moon/root spamming chocobo.
    Nothing to prove, Kitty dps is just pretty bad, outside of giving ur grp 5% crit.

They can't even compete with 1 button DPS speccs like locks and mages, who are insanely far behind rogues and warriors in P1 and 2.

personally love Feral druids, and Im all for people playing it, but I also don't blame guilds for not taking them, look at MC logs, warriors are pulling 1700 DPS on most of the sperg fights like Lucifron, where is the druids at?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I chose Human for every char, with the exception of a Gnome warlock. The reason was mostly name-related, as the names fit Human's better than the other races.

Originally I was going to go Dwarf for my priest, but I really didn't like the look of old Dwarves compared to the more modern ones in retail, so went Human instead. I'm not a min-maxer or w/e so it didn't really matter all that much.

Only disappointment was that I really wanted tigers as mounts, but obviously need exalted with Darn (which I didn't realise initially). But oh well, nevermind!

Oh yeah. Rogues are great. Got mine to 60. I'm betting they are the easiest class to level behind mage's AoE farm. No mana to worry about, vanish saves about a hundred trips from the graveyard, plenty of diversity in skill usage, and you can just stealth past everything you don't want to kill.

Find the right mobs to kill and you can grind nonstop off them. Only breaks you take are to wait for your energy to get back to 100 mixed in with the occasional bandage. Those poor other classes... having to drink/eat after every 1-2 kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Which ones are you talking about?
    I have the DoT and the (pathetically weak) Arcane shot. Sometimes I get to spice it up with a multishot but usually a mob wants to examine my Elf more closely after that.

I have the DoT and the (pathetically weak) Arcane shot. Sometimes I get to spice it up with a multishot but usually a mob wants to examine my Elf more closely after that.
    At the risk of sounding like some kind of elitist preacher (and honestly I'm a average-to-poor beginner) have you read any class guides for hunter at all? There are some useful macros for pet control, and of all the classe I think it's the least "comprehensive", in as much as you kinda have to go look up how exactly to do a few things because it's not entirely apparent just from playing the class, especially regarding how to train your pet.

Of the 6 classes I'm playing regularly I've found hunter to be far and away the most engaging/requires the use of the most buttons, which is why I found your comment noteworthy. Half of my classes have one ability bound to my mousewheel and that's all I ever really need to use (eg. Rogue has Sinister Strike mousewheel bound and while I could also cast "Slice n Dice" each combat, its about as quick to just wait 2 secs and hit SS again and the mob dies; same case with mage and Fireball, sure I can cast Fireblast to save a couple of seconds and a few mana points but it's lazier to just cast another fireball and requires less thinking).

Either ways I'm not here to tell you "YOU MUST FIND HUNTER FUN" or anything daft like that my comments are much more borne of a "I'm having a blast playing this class and I'm sorry to hear you're not sharing this experience" mentality. I'm levelling as MM rather than BM which I think is the spec everyone tells you to level as.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    In vanilla I had a human warlock named Robillard that I got to 35 when I decided to switch to warrior. For some absurd reason I decided to delete the warlock so I would "focus on the warrior." Why I threw away that much time I will never know. I regretted it the moment I did it. So I guess I regret unrolling a class.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Oh yeah. Rogues are great. Got mine to 60. I'm betting they are the easiest class to level behind mage's AoE farm. No mana to worry about, vanish saves about a hundred trips from the graveyard, plenty of diversity in skill usage, and you can just stealth past everything you don't want to kill.
    Actually, rogues are amont the worst class in the leveling phase
    (the single worst being warrior)

Though the fun thing with rogue is that you are a slippery bastard that chose his fight and escape at will (well, at will with one or two 5 mn CD).
    It's a case of "not really good but actually fun".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    At the risk of sounding like some kind of elitist preacher (and honestly I'm a average-to-poor beginner) have you read any class guides for hunter at all?
    I don't need a guide for low level. I specced BM and that's it.
    Recount tells me that (at current level) I outdps pretty much everyone I encounter.

Well except mages on big bomb pulls ofc.

67% of my damage comes from autoshot, around 15% from the DoT. Skill ceiling? Well at 30, a hunter has none. Keep Dot up, mash Arcane and Multi as much as mana allows and remember to send your pet onto the next mob because for some reason the damn thing is to stupid to realize that I switched targets and that it is supposed to hit the next mob I am attacking b/c the other one just keeled over. (I do have a pet attack + hunters mark macro, because I am a lazy SoB).

Maybe it changes on the way to 60, I don't know. Difficult to tell now because I only played a hunter in MoP when they reworked the class. Right now, the most involved gameplay is maintaining aggro with the pet on multiple quest mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    that.... is not how reflectors work... and not how that match up plays out either, but that was a nice fantasy you had there! if only reflectors actually reflected AOE abilities like Frost nova, and didn't just make you immune, and IMAGINE using a 50 silver FAP pot instead of an entire trinket for a fucking frost nova.

- - - Updated - - -

heres how you play hunter in dungeons. you ask your mage/warlock to precast on your aimshot, and the 2 of 1 shot 1 of the mobs. now just smack shit, aggro is irrelevant to you, if you're holding back your fucking trash, you have FD for a reason, and no mobs or bosses are at all deadly to a fucking mail wearer.

Done a shit load of dungeons with one of the best hunters around, with raid logs to back it up, and hes usually around 100 DPS behind me in Brm dungeons, and 50 DPS behind me in Scholo/strat cuz of shadow resist cucks etc. and im a freaking warlock, so imagine how he feels when one of our mages join the grp and doubles my overall dmg Hunters are absolutely fine for casual grps and pugs, but for any somewhat organized farm grp they are quite literally competing with Enhancement shamans and ret paladins. I am glad you've had a positive experience with dungeon grps though!

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to prove, Kitty dps is just pretty bad, outside of giving ur grp 5% crit.

They can't even compete with 1 button DPS speccs like locks and mages, who are insanely far behind rogues and warriors in P1 and 2.

personally love Feral druids, and Im all for people playing it, but I also don't blame guilds for not taking them, look at MC logs, warriors are pulling 1700 DPS on most of the sperg fights like Lucifron, where is the druids at?
    Yep. For feral it is 3% not 5%. But anyways, just FYI you will not find any logs with kitties because there is a known bug in Classic with power shifting that basically makes the druid loose 9% crit (from 2 talents) and 90ap (from pred strike) every second shift. Making it unplayable.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2019-10-11 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Bro you sound a little pissy tbh lmao. Dont think I ever mentioned damage. Was just saying a good hunter makes runs go more smoothly. Great for taking care of mobs that aggro onto the healer, or killing runners. Shit like that

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need a guide for low level. I specced BM and that's it.
    Recount tells me that (at current level) I outdps pretty much everyone I encounter.

Well except mages on big bomb pulls ofc.

67% of my damage comes from autoshot, around 15% from the DoT. Skill ceiling? Well at 30, a hunter has none. Keep Dot up, mash Arcane and Multi as much as mana allows and remember to send your pet onto the next mob because for some reason the damn thing is to stupid to realize that I switched targets and that it is supposed to hit the next mob I am attacking b/c the other one just keeled over. (I do have a pet attack + hunters mark macro, because I am a lazy SoB).

Maybe it changes on the way to 60, I don't know. Difficult to tell now because I only played a hunter in MoP when they reworked the class. Right now, the most involved gameplay is maintaining aggro with the pet on multiple quest mobs.
    On the bigger 4+ pulls, stand just over 8 yards away, multishot, auto shot, then run in and fd explosive trap, then back to 8 yards for auto shot. You'll lose 1 auto shot but it's worth the dmg. Just make sure your macro is right.

Troll mage. NO RAGRETZ

I rolled a paladin and made it to 40 for the mount. Starting to regret it cause the gameplay(leveling) wont change. *Judge* autoattack 1 million times, mob dead. It really is a useless class during leveling. I more or less knew what I went into since I have played since launch and actually have mained a Paladin since TBC, but I just HAD to start a paladin. Love the class fantasy, the lore, the gear at max level.

But yeah, its a shite class in so many situations its stupid.

Cant decide what other class to play. Maybe a dwarf hunter or nelf/human rogue.. Then again, am I bothered doing 1-40 again? meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Skarm went Tauren for that bonus health. He is a great tank that always seems to have great reasons for doing what he does.
    There is nothing wrong with any choice at a base level. In equal gear, racial bonuses aside, race becomes negligible. Even in his discussion, he says Trolls are the best and that threat>mitigation (most of the time). So if you are looking to be optimal, you'd roll Troll Warrior. Currently, the only time I have aggro issues is when DPS is spread across multiple targets, someone is spamming their highest threat spell (or uses it on pull), a string of crits from the DPS, or there are more than 4 targets. Threat is largely a DPS's job to manage, but a tank is supposed to be good enough to allow them to light up whatever they are fighting. Most DPS don't give the tank a chance to get aggro on a mob before doing this or the tank just doesn't understand how their spells work. I used to be a complete garbage tank in vanilla. Once I rolled my paladin (when Horde got them), I resigned myself to learn to tank and now that I understand how to play a tank properly over the years, I don't really struggle too much. I get a lot of people asking to join my guild or groups because of the positive experience.

I have an alt Troll Shaman (kind of wish I had gone Orc, berserking versus blood fury/+axes), and see tanks who don't use a single sunder armor, don't shield block->revenge spam, and basically rely on Rend to generate any threat. Rend does such a tiny amount of threat I've taken it off my bars for defensive stance and only use it when I have some rage to burn in between Heroic Strikes/Sunder Armor/Shield Slam/Devo Shout/ Battle Shout spamming...so very rarely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    On the bigger 4+ pulls, stand just over 8 yards away, multishot, auto shot, then run in and fd explosive trap, then back to 8 yards for auto shot. You'll lose 1 auto shot but it's worth the dmg. Just make sure your macro is right.
    Hmm that sounds interesting. You mean a macro with FD + trap?

CCP approve this thread. It has been cleansed of impure discussions.