Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Having some threats while flying is a good thing. We had that in tbc and to a lesser extent wotlk, and it was great. The problem is that bliz decided to double dip it with the nearly universally hated pathfinder part 2.
    euuuhh i think you do not get it. They are trying it out this new patch. And most people guessing that it will replace pathfinder for the most part.
    And yes you had some stronger stuff flying around. But nothing like this.
    Flying large area's and auto flying is no longer a option. Instead of it being a reward and faster way to do stuff. Walking along the paths will be better for us now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post

Flying didn't have a rep grind associated with it for the first 10 years of it's existence.
    And where in my post you quoted did i say it had a rep grind for the last 10 years?

I said its a game with rep grinds ( in general) gear etc.......sigh...

I agree, it doesn't. It should be tied to the end-quest for main story (or close enough to it) to unlock zone-wide flying. Reasoning being that the zone has threatened airspace by whichever evil opposing force, and we can fly when it's been cleared out. Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    euuuhh i think you do not get it. They are trying it out this new patch. And most people guessing that it will replace pathfinder for the most part.
    It's not replacing Pathfinder at all.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that bliz decided to double dip it with the nearly universally hated pathfinder part 2.
    It is nowhere close to universally hated. The majority of people don't care. People really need to stop projecting their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

It is nowhere close to universally hated. The majority of people don't care. People really need to stop projecting their opinion.
    I believe the appropriate term here is "lol".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Yes, but maybe adjusting or altering it to be more palatable.

I think it's a fair assumption to make about part 2. If you ask almost anyone, I think you'll find that they enjoy the part where they have to work and do achievements to unlock flying account wide. That's actually one of the GOOD parts of the entire pathfinder system(even though it could be better placed within the context of the expansion's lore).

Where I think you'll find almost universal agreement on is the timing of the unlock. The 8+ month delay between parts 1 and 2 is the worst part of pathfinder. People don't mind working to obtain things within the game(outside of a few unreasonable idiots). They do mind things like content droughts or being arbitrarily held back for excessive amounts of time, however.

Quote Originally Posted by letsdothat View Post
    The hardcore no-lifed it in a record time anyway, so gating didn't stop them from zooming through it. The losers are the casuals who support this game, yet they get treated with repetitive boring chores every day leaving them no time to really enjoy the game. It makes absolutely no sense.

I quit several times and even when I reactivated, I played once, or twice max per week, no longer than 1 hour a day and couldn't stand looking at the same zone anymore.

Who thought of this anyway? What's wrong with simply just not giving flying to anyone until a certain time has passed rather than make people hate your own game. This is beyond ridiculous.

I completely agree. Everyone is saying that it's a 3 week grind to get flight. Okay whatever, it's that for them. For me playing 1-2 hours a day it took me 2 to 3 months. I first had to do all the zone quests. Then I had to do the war quest line (which was short). Then grind grind grind first 6 factions. Then Naz grinding. Then mecagon (which was honestly quick). 8 reps to reverred is a HUGE grind, don't think otherwise. It may be 3 weeks but only if you are doing 5 hour days. That's still a ton.

The thing is, it's fun with flight. So i suffered through it, now I can do yet more grinding much faster. Because basically that's all the game is for casuals, never ending grinding.

read my line again. Guessing...as in they are trying out of it works. And then they might replace it so people can stop crying until the next "flying" problem.

So the word you most likely missed was: Guessing.
    As in not a fact, or 100% sure, or i have inside info. Nope a thought that might be real, or might not be.....

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the appropriate term here is "lol".
    He is right. There are several groups in the flying discussion. the groups:

A.) We want everything now...it ruins it that we can not flying because we always had flying at max level. ( we did not but hey)
    B.) It is fine, let it be.
    C.) I do not care group.
    D.) this system, a other system something that gates it a bid. For many good reasons. ( my group).

And these are not things i just thought up. These are opinions you see in all the several flying threads. Hell i even have a screencap on my phone. Of mmochampions main page witch has the 5 top threads on it. All 3 are about flying. All 3 thread starters had different opinions.

So @rrayy is right. People need to stop pushing their flying agenda ( pro,anti etc). And for all the pro flyers. In my opinion, the current way in mechagon/8.3 patch...shows that they are looking at different ways to handle flying.

Gating flying makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It makes perfect sense. "Casuals" pay for this game, and it's in Blizzard's best interests that they play and pay more. So... yeah?
    Doesn't even check out or work that way, a lot of "casuals" buy the expansion, get to max level, and then stop playing the game until Pathfinder Part 2 is available because the game isn't even worth playing for them without flying. "Casuals" are playing the game less with this system, not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    To be fair "just leveling" does not give you enough rep for pathfinder. You are still required to do loads of WQ's.

PF2 is straight up retarded and shouldn't exist.
    PF2 in its current form is shit. It's too late and takes too long.

I reckon PF2 should be moved to the X.1 patch and be either the same stupid rep grind or kill last boss on any difficulty. Maybe kill all the bosses. A compromise.

This would be an improvement on today's PF2. If you're one of the late comers, doing LFR would get you up to speed and it gives people options. Apparently that's what Blizzard is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The biggest problem with this is, virtually no one levels alts, until flying is unlocked, and it usually (empirically evidense of three expansions) takes about a year (of an expansion's two year life span).

This means, you are virtually barred from playing anything but your main half of the time, and thus many unsub in shorter or longer periods at a time.

Cataclysm had it right; Pay 250g as the first thing you did when expansion launched and you could fly.
    WotLK: You got a Loaner Mount at 77 and then you could fly for real at 80.
    TBC: Druids gained flying at 68 (for free) when they bought Flight Form from Class Trainer; Other classes could buy (slow) flying at level 70.
    MoP: You could fly at level 90.

It's not a coincidense that almost everybody have one of these expansions as their favorite..
    I absolutely love this argument's conclusion. It could be used in a class verbatim to teach correlation/=causation principle.

He is right. There are several groups in the flying discussion.
    Since he specifically said "the majority don't care" followed by "stop projecting your opinions" he was not only wrong but hypocritical. I thought the huge dramaticcally different emphasis I put on those two things made that obvious, but I guess anyone that thinks pathfinder part two is a good thing probably can't be expected to catch that.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Since he specifically said "the majority don't care" followed by "stop projecting your opinions" he was not only wrong but hypocritical. I thought the huge dramaticcally different emphasis I put on those two things made that obvious, but I guess anyone that thinks pathfinder part two is a good thing probably can't be expected to catch that.
    Many things wrong with your repsonse.

The majority do not care. Or else we would have millions of people responding on this forum thread. You know all the players. So you can not know the numbers. And yes it is hypocritical if there where millions of people responding to this thread. But since the majority of the player base does not respond here....his assumption could be correct. And if people really care, they would find a way to voice the opinion.

And his line: projecting your opinions. Is not hypocritical. Because a lot of these flying threads are not giving opinions. They are projecting false facts ( like most people want x), filling in other peoples opinion ( what you do to me see below)( or saying people are anti or pro flying and nothing in between ( like me), and saying stuff like we want it, so we should get it. So he is correct. There is a lot of projecting, people sitting in their own little box and listing to echo's of themselves thinking they are right about the subject ( even more when a few people think the same).

And on me liking pathfinder 2??? I do not...i was clearly in group D. Aka this system ( pathfinder)( 1 or 1 and 2), flying elite mobs that can see and attack you from half a zone away. Rep grind instead of achievement etc etc etc. Anything that does not mean....ding you are max level here is your flying.

But let me be clear. Pathfinder 2 is to long for me ( its patch 8.2 last time) and then it still took some time. For me patch x.2 is to far away. but patch x.0.5 is to close. Something like patch x.1 would be good. Or adding a rep/timegate that means it is not ding and within 2 days people are flying.

Blizzard gave a reason that people would skip content, fly over zones that where worked on for nothing because people fly over it. etc

And for me i am not slow or fast on leveling. Lets put it this way. in my last raiding guild of 120 players ( mythic raiding) i was 15th to ding. ( every expansion it is like this). But flying kinda ruins leveling/experiencing the world. People dive bomb elite's or mobs away from you. If you are on a server with other faction that even becomes worse ( i know what you are going to say you can still tag them....not if they do it in raid groups or kill it before you reach it). Or in pvp realms you get flying gankers.
    And a system like i think ( NOT SURE) they are going to add in shadowlands ( flying elites that nuke you from the sky). Also breaks it for me.

But i agree with other people.......a dozen or so pro, anti etc flying threads is stupid. And saying things as: the playerbase want this, or does not want that......Non of you are proffesor X....and if 1 of you is....what is bill gates his bank info :P

The majority do not care.
    You simply have no way to prove this one way or the other. You're assuming based on what you want to believe. If people are unhappy with flying there would not be "millions of threads" complaining about it. The percentage of people that even look at the official forums, much less this fansite, is minuscule. Millions of people would just stop playing retail wow.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of losing flying for a year, to gain it back to once again losing it once a new xpac is over.

At this point I wish they would make up their mind, to either embrace it or remove it, because it's just annoying to get it back every time you get used to not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Honestly, I'm getting tired of losing flying for a year, to gain it back to once again losing it once a new xpac is over.

At this point I wish they would make up their mind, to either embrace it or remove it, because it's just annoying to get it back every time you get used to not have it.
    Great post.

You simply have no way to prove this one way or the other. You're assuming based on what you want to believe. If people are unhappy with flying there would not be "millions of threads" complaining about it. The percentage of people that even look at the official forums, much less this fansite, is minuscule. Millions of people would just stop playing retail wow.
    I do have proof....does this thread have more then 400.000 different responses??? Nope.....
    Does it have 4.000.000 ? nope. So to say we speak for a majority is false.

So the proof is.....that a vocal group acts like they are speaking for everyone. And that makes it correct?

And their are several threads with pro, anti flying around. Same goes for pro and anti stuff. Just type in flying in the search bar. You will find different threads with different opinions on flying, how to fix it, when to give it.

And btw great miss qoute ....you take a 5 word sentence...without any of the rest of the text pulling it out of context. Only thinking i said: people do not care. Without proof.

This is what's really stupid about the whole situation...:

Me: Invincible, lets tour the skies of outland!
    Invincible: sure thing boss, I'll just flap my skeletal wings and we're golden.

30 minutes later:

Me: Invincible, lers fly through Elwyn forest. I have some..err..bussiness in Goldshire Inn.
    Invincible:no prob boss, but I need a license for that you know...it's not like we can just do our thing like we did in outland. Just talk to the weird guy with the gryphons. As for your bussiness at Golshire...not judging bro.

Later that day:
    Me: yo Invincible, wanna go for a ride above ICC?
    Invincible: ICC is da best. I almost never drop there. But...you know..gotta pay the dude for cold weather flying.
    Me: mmm...you just flap your wings...
    Invincible: would you just stop with the crazy talk and pay the gryphon guy?

Later that day..
    Me:Invincible, wanna see some real Zen masters who are above all materialism and are one with nature?
    Invincible:does it involves flying?
    Me:well...yeah. you are a flying mount don't you?
    Invincible: What patch are we now?
    Me:can't recall dude!
    Invincible:in that case, I can't recall how to flap my wings bro.
    Me: o.k....what do you want this time...?
    Invincible:ME?!not a darn thing...but this non material panda chick wants a few K's gold for flying of the four winds...

Later that day:

Me: invincible, look, we're in dreanor again! Lets...
    Invincible: I'm gonna stop you right there...can't. Not before you do all quests and get your reps high enough.
    Me:mmm...you know...flap your wings maybe? Once up, once down, realy fast then rinse?
    Invincible:I can allready tell you'll be difficult..I'll tell you what...I'll meet you half way. We'll do it on ground.
    Me: .....FINE! Can we atleast water walk?
    Invincible: do I look like a freaking raft to you?
    Me: couldn't quite say because I can't see you..

Later..

Me: ready for another go my awsome vanity mount? It's dalaran, only this time in broken isles!
    Invincible:mmmm...dude...I forgot how to fly here..lets go on ground again, explore the world, contribute to WPvP, wait a few patches - then we can fly.
    Me: wait..what? You just flap your wings you stupid horse! I'm starting to understand why Arthas flipped.
    Invincible:shut your trap or I'm going back to BMAH and you can forget about that shiny AH mount that's going away...

Later:
    Me: any point of asking?
    Invincible: why the hostility? Sure we can!
    Me: R...realy? Is it finally over?
    Invincible: no dude, I'm totaly trolling you. Gotta do some cyborg gnomes and nagas as well this time.
    Me: you know...
    Invincible: yeah yeah...flap wings...yada yada yada.

Me:...at least next Xpac we colud keep flying without all that gating?
    Invincible:don't know yet..no lifers, filthy casuals and the fun-detected dev squad is still on the fence...
    Me: o.k....when do you expect them to roll out what they decided and what's needed to fly in shadowlands?
    Invincible: Soon(tm).

Long story short:
    A bird doesn't need to re-learn flying every time she switch countries...why should we?

I don't get why Blizzard holds off so long to allow us to unlock flying. The .2 patches are typically released one year after the expansion comes out, and then there's about one year left until the new expansion release, which means no more flying again in new zones.

So we get one year of no flying in a new expansion, then one year of flying after the .2 patch, then back to no flying again for one year with the new expansion release. WTF?

If Blizzard hates flying that much, then just remove it from WoW altogether. Or change it, to unlock in the .1 patch or so. Or like in the .1.5 patch, so not as quick as as the .1 patch, but not as long wait as .2 patch, I think that'd be the most fair, allow flying unlock in a 1.5 patch which would then be about 9 months after the expansion came out, and then that would give us a good 15 to 16 months or so of flying until the new expansion comes out.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2020-01-06 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

You never lose flying. You can always fly in areas where you have unlocked it.