Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Are you saying there's nothing inherently wrong with DLCs?
    Spoiler: you're currently posting on a forum based around a game that has had 7 DLC's in the past 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

could never play a first person rpg with graphics like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Yeah but does anyone even value Daggerfall now? Put it this way - would you rather play a game that came out in 2019 that was made by the people who made Warcraft 1, or one made by the people who made WC3: Reforged, SC2: Legacy of the Void or WoW: BFA?

It kinda reminds me of that Mark Kern guy - he runs around yelling that he is the team lead of vanilla WoW. Last time i checked his twitter, he had that before even the fact that he had his own games studio. You stub your toe and shout 'fuck!', this guy shouts 'i was the team lead for original WoW.'

Does anyone care? No. No one cares. No one buys his games, because his games are trash.

No one cares that you made Daggerfall.
    Lost all validity of your post by mentioning BFA guy... See how opinions work?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Daggerfall? That some sort of boomer game I'm too gen-z to know?

I can think of very few games that I would trust to be amazing due to their lead dev's previous work, dev studios sure, I generally trust developers like Arkane and CD Projekt Red but Joe, lead developer of Minesweeper? No way man.
    They are a game studio, in 1988 when Bethesda was founded it had 4 employees, 3 of which are making this game now...... in essence they are the original Bethesda.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Have there ever actually been any game developer phoenixes?
    Black Isle => Obsidian is the go-by example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Spoiler: you're currently posting on a forum based around a game that has had 7 DLC's in the past 12 years.
    DLC's or expansion packs?

This is great news! let the hype begin!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't make an interesting procedural generated world. In the want to make a good RPG experience it has to be hand-made, all this talk about procedural generation doesn't give me an impression that the game will be any good.
    And "endless quests" - yeah, just like "a pen-and-paper campaign", because we all know and love those soulless, endless campaigns with endless procedural generated quests and procedural generated locations!
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-10-09 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogx View Post
    a fantasy life simulator
    But that's what Elder Scrolls has felt like for me? You are literally given choices for a loooot of the gameplay and storyline. Take Skyrim for example, you get to choose who to side with, Empire or the Nords throughout the entire conflict. Hell, you can even make your own house and if you want to take it one step further, they've allowed for mods to give yourself the fantasy house you've always wanted.

If you asked me who I'd entrust to build Elder Scrolls titles, I'd pick Todd Howard's team over 3 developers who have not been in the "major game" industry for a long time, basically washed up devs with no consistent track record throughout the years of creating successful games and you're here to tell me they can do something better than the creators of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim? Let's be realistic and refrain from being "dreamers"

10+ Year Old Account
    DLC's or expansion packs?
    They're the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're the same thing.
    Not exactly. DLC ranges from expansion like content to a pack of cosmetic skins and a few quests. Expansion packs are held to a higher standard because they're basically a whole game on their own. DLC's are just extended content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly. DLC ranges from expansion like content to a pack of cosmetic skins and a few quests. Expansion packs are held to a higher standard because they're basically a whole game on their own. DLC's are just extended content.
    So what you're saying is that DLC is a wide variety of content and expansions fit under the category of DLC?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is that DLC is a wide variety of content and expansions fit under the category of DLC?
    Wide variety of crap content. An expansion is basically a whole new game that uses a lot of the assets of the host game. You don't buy a $20 DLC and get the equivalent of a new game, while a $50 expansion will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wide variety of crap content.
    And yet expansions still fit under that category.

Just because a bunch of companies make unnecessary and shitty DLC doesn't mean that it's inherently a bad concept

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You can't make an interesting procedural generated world. In the want to make a good RPG experience it has to be hand-made, all this talk about procedural generation doesn't give me an impression that the game will be any good.
    And "endless quests" - yeah, just like "a pen-and-paper campaign", because we all know and love those soulless, endless campaigns with endless procedural generated quests and procedural generated locations!
    They want to use new techniques which were never used before in video games, learning algorithms and neural network to make a 'virtual game master'.

But that's what Elder Scrolls has felt like for me? You are literally given choices for a loooot of the gameplay and storyline. Take Skyrim for example, you get to choose who to side with, Empire or the Nords throughout the entire conflict. Hell, you can even make your own house and if you want to take it one step further, they've allowed for mods to give yourself the fantasy house you've always wanted.
    If you are happy with the choices that Todd Howard gave you, then you will love choices in their game, because they want to make much much more.

If you asked me who I'd entrust to build Elder Scrolls titles, I'd pick Todd Howard's team over 3 developers who have not been in the "major game" industry for a long time, basically washed up devs with no consistent track record throughout the years of creating successful games and you're here to tell me they can do something better than the creators of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim? Let's be realistic and refrain from being "dreamers"
    Check out this video and you will have the whole picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46gaz6veVNQ
    Last edited by frogx; 2019-10-10 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet expansions still fit under that category.

Just because a bunch of companies make unnecessary and shitty DLC doesn't mean that it's inherently a bad concept
    The name DLC is very broad term, but before you could Download Content, you bought expansions from your local store. Also, do you know of any DLC that gave you an entire games worth of content?

Quote Originally Posted by frogx View Post
    They want to have a 'dungeon master ai' that will react to what you do.