Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Rump View Post
    Why do mechagnomes have one less class option than vulpera? They should totally get shamans.

Techno shamans already exist in goblins, so there is no reason not to.
    I think the team tried to rationalize this decision because of Mechagnomes obvious disconnection to the nature and elements.

I personally never liked Goblin shamans (although I started leveling one and stopped just to reserve the class for my Vulpera and because I hated their totems) but honestly - I am with you on this. They already established it in the lore and told us goblins are not asking the elements for help but are in fact using them. So I see no real reason why Mechagnomes shouldn't or couldn't do the same.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-10-12 at 10:25 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Rump View Post
    Why do mechagnomes have one less class option than vulpera? They should totally get shamans.

Techno shamans already exist in goblins, so there is no reason not to.
    If I had to guess I'd say it's because shaman make pacts with spirits of raw nature, while mechagnomes are diametrically opposed by being creatures of Artifice. This is reflected in the history of the elemental lords being allied with the old gods, while the titanforged served the Pantheon.

It's very unlikely that an elemental would want to form a bond or contract with anything(such as a mechagnome) that resembled a titanforged creature. I supose it's possible a mechagnome cpuld enslave or subjugate elements to their will similar to dark shaman, but that's a while other can of worms.

Basically it doesn't make sense. Which, if I'm being consistent with my previous arguments for all race/class options being available, doesn't mean it can't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nah that glass is restoring pre-MoP talent trees.
    Yeah. Instead of having choice you can pretend you have choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I want out of this faction.

Void Elf Paladins when?

I’ll make a mechagnome and level it up but I doubt I’ll even recruit the Vulpera unless that +1 to my mount count wins me over. Which it probably will but I’ll never make one. Let alone level it up.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-10-12 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sigh...this is exactly what I meant. You're making assumptions. Conflating one thing to mean another.

Maybe some players hate gnomes, but clearly not ALL do. And given the wide variety of players that play WoW, not everyone is going to enjoy the same things.

This means that Gnomes having a lower population percentage doesn't mean they're bad. It simply means they're not as popular as other playable races. The only way that they're "bad" is when you limit your view to absolutes, as I describe below using your restaurant analogy.

And how well does your restaurant do if it ONLY sells the most popular item? Sure, sales of that one item might increase, but at the lost sales of all the other items on the menu.

Just because potato soup isn't as popular as other items doesn't mean it won't still sell. You made a logical error in thinking that low sales means no sales. And more importantly, while they're enjoying theor low popularity item they might buy a drink, or bring a friend, or order something else off the menu.

WoW is a variety game. It provides many forms of gameplay and styles of presentation. Gnomes fill one small part of that variety, and just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean they don't still have value to that 6% of players you mentioned.

If you don't like mechagnomes, don't play one. They don't stop you from doing that, nor do they exclude future allied races more to your liking from being added later.
    If you don't understand why popularity in a game like this matters, then we can't really discuss this topic on a logical, or philosophical level. Gnomes have one of the lowest populations in the game, cutting off their arms and giving them robots arms likely wouldn't become more popular. Go ahead and accuse me of assuming. Thats not what this is; a statement backed by other evidence is the basic form of logic. So your condescending sighs and name calling aren't warranted.

If you think I'm so off base, then start a poll here. Also, I never explicitly said they are "bad," but I did point out how their base forms aren't at all popular. If you want to keep saying they aren't bad though, then I also think you should prove they will be good.But looking at the numbers, Gnomes are the lowest outside of LF Draenei, Kul Tirans, DI, and Pandaren. 3 of those are brand new, and Void Elves have already passed them.

OT of restaurants: I didn't say sell one item, that is a straw man. I said maybe you should reconsider your lowest preforming menu item.... are you implying that this scenario, our restaurant would only have 2 items?

"If you don't like it, don't play it!" as usual just isn't a good argument. As a longtime customer, I CAN, and SHOULD question the decisions of the companies whose products I buy. On this very forum we constantly hear the "Only 1% of people see raids, so we cannot keep spending so much time and money on raids..." the reasoning is they are wasting their efforts.

Yes, it is a wasted development time. They could have made something original like Vulpera, for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If you don't understand why popularity in a game like this matters, then we can't really discuss this topic on a logical, or philosophical level. Gnomes have one of the lowest populations in the game, cutting off their arms and giving them robots arms likely wouldn't become more popular. Go ahead and accuse me of assuming. Thats not what this is; a statement backed by other evidence is the basic form of logic. So your condescending sighs and name calling aren't warranted.
    I understand that adding variety and options to a game only increases its value in this particular case. Simply because that increase didn't happen in an area or a way YOU prefer, or in amounts that you personally deem valuable to the game, doesn't mean that it doesn't have absolute value.

The problem here is that you seem to think that your own personal definition of popularity is what determines the value of the allied race in question.

And the secondary foundation of your argument - that something else in its place would have been more popular - is something I doubt you have any hope of actually being able to prove, since it's purely theoretical.

Also, I never explicitly said they are "bad,"
    No, you just said that they're "effectively" bad because of a completely ambiguous and personal definition of what you believe popularity means. Which amounts to the same thing.

If you want to keep saying they aren't bad though, then I also think you should prove they will be good.
    Some people play gnomes. To them the race is good. Gnomes are part of the base lore of the Warcraft universe, also adding weight to them being good. Blizzard put them in the game, so they think it's also good.

Is there ANY shred of evidence to suggest that gnomes are explicitly bad? The burden of proof is now firmly in your hands, since you're the one making the claim that they are "effectively bad".

But looking at the numbers, Gnomes are the lowest outside of LF Draenei, Kul Tirans, DI, and Pandaren. 3 of those are brand new, and Void Elves have already passed them.
    And how does being the lowest population translate to being explicitly bad? A lot of people LOVE playing gnomes(keeping in mind that eve 6% of WoW's players is a ridiculous number of people in absolute terms). Gnomes are part of the story of WoW. Blizzard is showing a pattern of repeatedly adding more and more allied races.

Yes, it is a wasted development time. They could have made something original like Vulpera, for one thing.
    Not for the people who end up playing a Mechagnome.

The more we break down your point of view, the more this just sounds like you would have preferred something other than Mechagnomes. That's understandable. But that doesn't make Mechagnomes bad for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Even here ? You're obsessed.
    There's already a whole thread for that.
    That's rich... HE fans are notorious for bringing up HE's in many threads that aren't there own.
    Good laugh. 10/10
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Alliance

Let me start by saying that I am really disappointed at Blizzard's Horde biased attitude...If they are giving us Trashgnomes they should've given Horde Gilgoblins, not Vulperas. This is unfair and biased. You will see consequences after 1 year, %0.73 will play Trashgnomes unless Blizz don't give them OP racials, if they give OP racials it might even surpass %1 played and go beyond expectations. I watched their customization videos etcetera and saw that Vulpera is much much better, their flip also another important plus compared to our Trashie ones.

Some people ask why Trashgnomes' playable classes option is lacking 1 compared to Vulpera, apparently Alliance allied races had 1 more than Horde allied races in total, they are balancing this trivial situation in this way, not a big loss for me since I won't unlock the Trashgnomes.

Apparently there is 1 allied race slot left for both factions, one for Undead subrace which I think probably will be Lightforged Undead considering the route Blizz taking right now related to Horde, trying to redeem them with Saurfang storyline, giving them Vulpera which is a cute race and they will probably give them Lightforged Undead as a subrace, Alonsus Foul might also get a visual model update via this by ascending to Lightforged form, that guy deserves it, no more pain while using Light for you bud.

And for the Alliance, I expect Satyr... I don't like meme races like sneks etcetera, a transformation toy for turning into a snek for 10 min would be nice tho. Ok, I expect Satyr because the last slot will be related to either Night Elves or Worgens... Satyrs are old Night Elves as you know, Night Elves are bleeding in numbers and Tyrande is a rebellious emo now rather than a Priestess she has her darkside. If it was before burning of Teldrassil this would be completely non-sense especially after Val'Sarah and Emerald Dream stuff but now she probably will think that Satyr's actions were innocent compared to what Horde did to her homeland and was nearly losing her husband. So now Tyrande is wandering around forests and she might come across with some Satyr in Felwood etc... They do not have Xavius now as a leader and they probably don't know what to do now except aimlessly wandering around. I'm sure they would make great vengeance instrument in command of Lunatic Tyrande, she keeps talking about purging in Darkshore quests, Satyr would help her with great joy, they are all Night Elves after all.

When it comes to Worgen...I don't remember exactly what are the historical connections between Worgen and Satyr but I have a nice idea related to the implementation of Satyr in our faction. These both races are bearers of Curse. They have one solid common point. Now, if Blizz made up a temporary solution to Satyrs for turning back to their Night Elf form out of combat that would be neat. They would be able to change between their Night Elf and Satyr form just like Worgens do, people would love that since Night Elves are the most popular race among Alliance players alongside Humans. Besides that Worgens have always been in good relationships with Night Elves. They like Night Elves. I guess 2 Shapeshifting Curse bearer races can live in harmony in Gilneas. I expect Gilneas to get used as a capital in the future.

Anything other than Satyr allied race won't satisfy me. I want neither High Elves nor Sneks. Satyr males also already using Night Elf skeleton and since they have hooves female ones can use Draenei female skeleton. If we are to become a little interesting faction we need Satyr, not sneks or copies of Blood Elves with a taller body(High Elves).

I tried to add some pictures but apparently I can't due to this being my first post here.
    Last edited by Hubris; 2019-10-13 at 06:42 AM.

Unfair that Horde gets a cool new race and the Alliance gets a reskin...

Quote Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
    Unfair that Horde gets a cool new race and the Alliance gets a reskin...
    Vulpera are just goblins with fox heads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    After making a mechagnome warrior and going a few levels with her, I'm actually pretty impressed with them. Their animations are fantastic and so are the voices.

If cross faction play happens I'll switch my rogue or warrior to one.
    Eh, maybe I'll just ditch my shaman idea and just change my warrior to a vulpera.

They look really great in plate armor!

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

It's pretty lame that Vulpera don't have their own unique little starting area and are just thrown into Org. Maybe its temporary until their unlock quest gets added? They have that town that the Sethrak took over at the beginning of Vol'dun and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Vulpera are just goblins with fox heads
    Oh?

Last edited by Yarathir; 2019-10-13 at 08:15 PM.