Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ahh, the tried-and-true 'I don't like this thing so <insert game developer> is lazy' argument.
    It probably took less than an hour of talks into making that item become a grind, if you genuinely feel that isn't lazy time filler content then well I don't know anymore. It seems partially integral to the raid so it kinda seems mandatory to some extent and outside of the passive it offers nothing to the character whatsoever. I've been on the PTR and you can upgrade it 15 times, do that on each of your characters when live 8.3 hits and come back and tell me if you found that enjoyable among all the other things you feel obligated to grind out.

If I had but one character I wouldn't be having an opinion on any of this it'd be fine.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-10-08 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    The real question is... Does it need a replacement? Cant just go away?
    Exactly, I mean it would be a nice option to have it fully away.

Look as a causal player I don’t mind it and it’s useful however for high end raiding it never made place in the first place.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah it looks good. I just hope keeping this damn eye on my head for the last 6 months actually pays off
    OMFG here here. Been putting up with their weird thing on my noggin on four different toons. It's starting to bug me. XD

"Put on a happy face"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I'm confused as to how and why people think Titanforging is no longer a thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    "We are excited about the idea of embracing the old god threat this time around to replace titanforging with something a bit different, something a bit more twisted and corrupt" yes, its going away, as he said REPLACE TITANFORGING, what a good time to be alive, good riddance.
    *notes that replace means there will still be a system in place*

I.e. it does not mean "remove". Not that i'd agree that removing titanforging without replacement would even be a good thing to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    it's an info dump cus they want blizzcon to be about 9.0, not 8.3, and they're working on 9.0 hypes instead
    literally said that
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Jesus Henry Christ. Who hurt you?

Why is it any time they introduce something like Vulpera, this kind of shit comes out of the woodwork?
    Just read the comments. Every other poster is like a Japanese schoolgirl-type of excited for 'furries'. Looking at both your furry avatar and signature I feel you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Just saying, feels great boys and girls, good vibes, this looks like great content with the end of titan forge!

Great time to enjoy WoW everyone!
    I was about to completely drop retail and put my focus a 100% on Classic... But!... if they remove titanforging I think I will give retail another chance. I’m also a big fan of difficult solo content like the mage tower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    *notes that replace means there will still be a system in place*

I.e. it does not mean "remove". Not that i'd agree that removing titanforging without replacement would even be a good thing to begin with.
    The main thing for me is that Ion said they in the future will focus on a loot system that reward players based on difficulty of the content. This is a big step forward in my opinion.

Right now you can complete a couple of +10 dungeons per week and have the same level of gear as someone who has killed Mythic Azshara. That makes no sense to me.

As a raider with a casual raiding schedule (max 5-6 hours a week) I utterly despise raids with so many bosses. That usually just makes progress on the harder difficulties a giant pain in the ass since half your time is spent on farming old stuff, especially towards the later bosses in the raid.

Not looking forward to the next grind either.

I think the story could be interesting though, at least I hope it is. There is still a twinge of fear that the overall impact of N'Zoth on the story will be next to non-existing, since the next expansion clearly does not rely on it or Blizzcon will be some awkward spoiler fiasco.

The real question is... Does it need a replacement? Cant just go away?
    No it can't. Without it, there is absolute fucking zero replay value.

Lol.. there is no new zone and classes are still the same... patch is garbage

Replay value should be to farm armour sets and weapons, rings, trinkets etc

They just need to remove rng from gear stats and make stuff as used to be.
    Or they can just things as they are. I like having non-zero replay value on raids and dungeons. Farming different armor sets/rings/trinkets has zero value to me.

I like that going M+ and raid isn't a complete waste of time.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-10-10 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Just saying, feels great boys and girls, good vibes, this looks like great content with the end of titan forge!

Great time to enjoy WoW everyone!
    It's not the end of titan forge. It is only being modified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    "We are excited about the idea of embracing the old god threat this time around to replace titanforging with something a bit different, something a bit more twisted and corrupt" yes, its going away, as he said REPLACE TITANFORGING, what a good time to be alive, good riddance.
    Replace does not = remove. Titanforging will still be a thing, it is just being re-worked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Just read the comments. Every other poster is like a Japanese schoolgirl-type of excited for 'furries'. Looking at both your furry avatar and signature I feel you know exactly what I'm talking about.
    I feel that I know you're behaving like an idiot.

My avatar being a cat, not an anthropomorphic cat mind you, a legitimate fucking cat illustration, does not make me a furry. And I guess all feral and guardian druid players are now furries too? Because that's what my signature illustration is. A druid bear.

Jesus Christ.

For what it's worth, my avatar is from a comic a friend of mine did called "Bear & Kitten" years ago.

Guess I’ll have fun leveling professions, archaeology and battle pet farming on my new vulpera because fuck the endgame. I’d rather faceroll MC for the umpteenth time on Classic than level up YET ANOTHER piece of gear, especially as someone who (used) to keep a nearly equally geared co-main around since BC.

I’m not opposed to grinding but the neck isn’t fun. WF/TF isn’t fun (and I won’t hold my breath on them completely removing TF since they seem married to that cancer). No badges isn’t fun. KMMO levels of RNG and no realistic BiS goal isn’t fun. All of this crap made me retire from mythic raiding.
    Last edited by Fumu; 2019-10-10 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's not the end of titan forge. It is only being modified.

- - - Updated - - -

Replace does not = remove. Titanforging will still be a thing, it is just being re-worked.

GREAT! Right? Don't let negative vibes ruin it for you man, enjoy this moment. Change is coming.

as far as i gathered. Its not confirmed that they are replacing titanforging is it ? he only said they were going to look into it
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2019-10-11 at 03:29 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mythicowow View Post
    It's nothing like mage tower though. Its more like withered training 2.0. Grindy as hell, arbitrary "difficulty" created by a stupid insanity drain mechanic you have to overcome by grinding out cloak level/talents instead of skill. Will make playing alts even more screwed as it's another lengthy character locked grind that rewards power level.

Mage tower 2.0 would be awesome. Unfortunately this is not that.
    Mage Tower wasn't grindy? I remember very well grinding AP, gear, right (or sometimes any) legos, consumables and these stupid shard for extra attempts, doing Argus on every char (and I get 36/36) to unlock world bosses and schedule my real life stuff around video game (member Mage Tower finished on Tuesday? I member).

So I will be fine with grinding , all depends how difficult it will be on launch, they may retweak this several time during PTR. Thanks for testing BTW, I want fresh experience on patch day.

Also I wonder how long it would be, many people enjoyed both withered training and chromie, but both was just too short.

This is the WoW community. No one is ever happy.