Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The lack of a zone really worries me.

But everything else looks amazing.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Anybody getting Dead Space vibes with Ny’alotha?

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    Only purpose the legendary serves is to reduce sanity loss, a way to make the visions & two last encounters of the raid easier over time, it provides nothing of real value to gameplay.
    You literally just stated their value to gameplay.

And thematically a powerful item that helps us resist N'zoth's most powerful form of attack (psychological/mental decay) is a great choice for a legendary, and there's no RNG bullshit with it like we saw in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Anybody getting Dead Space vibes with Ny’alotha?
    Me, I did.

/10char
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

Obsession is bad, kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostone View Post
    Races that were already known.
    Blizzard employee 1: Hey guys, people already know the races.
    Blizzard employee 2: Oh, we'll have to throw away months of work then and start again, with races people don't know.
    Blizzard employee 1: Posts in worldofwarcraft.com: Hey community as you already know the races we'll ditch them and go with new ones, standby for new races in 2 years time.
    Blizzard president: excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is me when Ion announced challenging solo content:
    Same. I love Mythic Raiding, but the Mage Tower was quite enjoyable (outside of the speccs it was literally faceroll on).

The tuning on Visions seems very light, compared to some of the Mage Tower stuff, be that with or without big gear.

Tried a couple with full Vision talent tree and a couple without. It seems very frontloaded, in that you really want to grind out your Corruption Resistance and traits through farming the respective currencies to either further your legendary cloak or your talent tree. Early/Low Gear/Low Talent Visions seem challenging enough, though the challenge mostly comes from the limited amount of Sanity and Sanity generation you get. Once your Gear and Resistance progress, you also see the progression slowly trickling in. With gear, the basic legendary cloak, which has fuckall resistance and a full talent tree, you basically have very little challenge attached to Visions as a DPS or Tank so far. Even managing your Sanity is a complete joke.

They could really add a little more challenge to it, make it less frontloaded and a bit more consistent across the board, but overall I'd assume from the middle-of-the-pack player's PoV who doesn't min/max a whole lot, maybe isn't too geared going into the patch, it's going to be a good, relevant bit of Solo to small group progression content. Repeatable/Replayable. But the moment you hit Heroic/Mythic gear levels in Ny'alotha, it'll basically be your everyday faceroll scenario from Mists, which a gimmicky mechanic attached to it. The Corruption resistance coming in handy with N'zoth in the Raid apparently also sounds like it will be 'mandatory' either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Looks interesting. Very interesting. Afraid that invasions will disappear with 9.0 though.
    They'd have to bring in an easy fix for the raid entrance then, so you can rerun it at later expansions for transmog.

The Raid Entrance is tied to the actively assaulted zone on the PTR atm in form of a floating obelisk in the middle. It also has a timer tied to it, that is basically the same as the assault timer.

Meaning these assaults will have to stay up 24/7, cycling inbetween Vale and Uldum, otherwise you actually have downtime on the raid entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You literally just stated their value to gameplay.
    Yea true I suppose I technically did but that is just lazy by Blizzard and you can see that legendary cloak as a nerf over time effect to the content much like Benthic just gimps The Eternal Palace right from day one except Blizzard won't need to nerf the encounters themselves it's a passive thing raid by raid, the higher rank of the cloak your raid has the easier it will become.

Blizzard is just out of ideas imo to introduce a legendary this late into an expansion for that sole purpose is pathetic even from Blizzard standards as it's a timesink into upgrading it to give more % reduction to insanity decreases for two encounters only to then remove it come 9.0. And I don't want to hear from anybody about its for lore purposes because we're too inferior to defeat an old god, do they not think we have enough to do with new essences / AP in 8.3 they just had to add yet another aggravating grind?
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-10-08 at 03:34 PM.

Yea true I suppose I technically did but that is just lazy by Blizzard and you can see that legendary cloak as a nerf over time effect to the content much like Benthic just gimps The Eternal Palace right from day one except Blizzard won't need to nerf the encounters themselves it's a passive thing raid by raid, the higher rank of the cloak your raid has the easier it will become.

Blizzard is just out of ideas imo to introduce a legendary this late into an expansion for that sole purpose is pathetic even from Blizzard standards as it's a timesink into upgrading it to give more % reduction to insanity decreases for two encounters only to then remove it come 9.0 and I don't want to hear from anybody about its for lore purposes because we're too inferior to defeat an old god. Do they not think we have enough to do with essences / AP in 8.3 they just had to add yet another aggravating grind?
    Ahh, the tried-and-true 'I don't like this thing so <insert game developer> is lazy' argument.
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

Obsession is bad, kids!

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Solely depends on what they do with titanforge rework.

Also fuck vulperas.
    I didn't know you were into that. If we go full unifaction, I'm sure we'll see plenty in Goldshire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Blizzard is just out of ideas imo to introduce a legendary this late into an expansion for that sole purpose is pathetic even from Blizzard standards as it's a timesink into upgrading it to give more % reduction to insanity decreases for two encounters only to then remove it come 9.0. And I don't want to hear from anybody about its for lore purposes because we're too inferior to defeat an old god, do they not think we have enough to do with new essences / AP in 8.3 they just had to add yet another aggravating grind?
    More a softnerf to the end portion of the raid. Sifting through the Journal, reveals that Corruption and the cloak are really only mentioned for N'zoth Body and the final encounter for him. So the last two. In the first of which, the cloak is only mentioned as not even being utilized in it's passive corruption resistance, but as an active button that acts as a Lay On Hands, which also completely HALTS your Sanity loss instead and returns you to Wrathion's side in the Encounter, who essentially acts as a Sanity replenishment aura.

In the second and final Encounter, the cloak isn't even mentioned, instead you replenish Sanity through your Heart of Azeroth. Meaning that the Cloak seems very integral and HUGE to have on the penultimate Encounter in general, not for the Sanity Resistance. It literally just makes Sanity matter less, and that's all it really nerfs. Judging from the Mythic Journal so far, yes, you will micromanage your sanity on both encounters a lot, but it doesn't sound so horrible, even if we take into consideration some tuning they'll do. The cloak will basically just be mandatory to have in general and any further upgrading will just... happen passively anyways, since the cloak and resistance are literally the only difficulty in Visions and you'll need to do those to progress.. well.. your cloak. And maybe Mother's TF replacement system, if they go through with it as it currently seems to be planned.
    Last edited by Dismayxz; 2019-10-08 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ahh, the tried-and-true 'I don't like this thing so <insert game developer> is lazy' argument.
    It probably took less than an hour of talks into making that item become a grind, if you genuinely feel that isn't lazy time filler content then well I don't know anymore. It seems partially integral to the raid so it kinda seems mandatory to some extent and outside of the passive it offers nothing to the character whatsoever. I've been on the PTR and you can upgrade it 15 times, do that on each of your characters when live 8.3 hits and come back and tell me if you found that enjoyable among all the other things you feel obligated to grind out.

If I had but one character I wouldn't be having an opinion on any of this it'd be fine.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-10-08 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Idk if happy yet, i will be happy when we get the full info on the titanforging removal and what actually replaces it, they just told us its going away but no info on the mechanics of the system thats replacing it.
    The real question is... Does it need a replacement? Cant just go away?

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    The real question is... Does it need a replacement? Cant just go away?
    Exactly, I mean it would be a nice option to have it fully away.

Look as a causal player I don’t mind it and it’s useful however for high end raiding it never made place in the first place.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah it looks good. I just hope keeping this damn eye on my head for the last 6 months actually pays off
    OMFG here here. Been putting up with their weird thing on my noggin on four different toons. It's starting to bug me. XD

"Put on a happy face"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I'm confused as to how and why people think Titanforging is no longer a thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    "We are excited about the idea of embracing the old god threat this time around to replace titanforging with something a bit different, something a bit more twisted and corrupt" yes, its going away, as he said REPLACE TITANFORGING, what a good time to be alive, good riddance.
    *notes that replace means there will still be a system in place*

I.e. it does not mean "remove". Not that i'd agree that removing titanforging without replacement would even be a good thing to begin with.

Im looking forward to the new content, there seems to be a lot of new fun things coming.

But... Still no account-bound essences? Really? 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    it's an info dump cus they want blizzcon to be about 9.0, not 8.3, and they're working on 9.0 hypes instead
    literally said that
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Jesus Henry Christ. Who hurt you?

Why is it any time they introduce something like Vulpera, this kind of shit comes out of the woodwork?
    Just read the comments. Every other poster is like a Japanese schoolgirl-type of excited for 'furries'. Looking at both your furry avatar and signature I feel you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Just saying, feels great boys and girls, good vibes, this looks like great content with the end of titan forge!

Great time to enjoy WoW everyone!
    I was about to completely drop retail and put my focus a 100% on Classic... But!... if they remove titanforging I think I will give retail another chance. I’m also a big fan of difficult solo content like the mage tower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    *notes that replace means there will still be a system in place*

I.e. it does not mean "remove". Not that i'd agree that removing titanforging without replacement would even be a good thing to begin with.
    The main thing for me is that Ion said they in the future will focus on a loot system that reward players based on difficulty of the content. This is a big step forward in my opinion.

Right now you can complete a couple of +10 dungeons per week and have the same level of gear as someone who has killed Mythic Azshara. That makes no sense to me.