Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd be happier if they hadn't nerfed my shadow priest main. Again. But yeah, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Is there really no new world content?

I imagine there will be outdoor content to do in Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Uldum.
    I've been on the PTR and the titan assaults are exactly what you expect, fill % bar to 100 and kill a named elite to claim a random reward.

The visions are exactly like Taeldorian says, its exactly the same system as Chromie/Withered Training & it's ok the first couple of run throughs but it'll get tiresome of the tenth time or on alts like most things.

I find it lacklustre atm as those two things mentioned above I've tested just aren't for me like Warfronts/Islands systems some like them but they just don't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Not that I've been particularly bothered by it, but I have been advocating the reintroduction of MoP/WoD's valor point upgrade system as a companion to war/titanforging, along with a cap to titanforging.

Basically every item can be upgraded a maximum of 2 times for +5/+10 ilvl. If an item drops warforged it'll simply start at +5 ilvl and you can then manually upgrade it to +10 ilvl with valor points. Titanforged is just +10 ilvl with no further upgrades available.

Basically if an item drops as warforged or titanforged you'll just be able to use your valor points elsewhere to get all your gear upgraded quicker.
    This single change would make the game 1000x more enjoyable. The TF system completely fucked any sense of loot progression. Got BiS trinket but didn't TF or roll a socket? Be disappointed in your awesome loot. An end point, a goal, with a built in mechanism for you to work towards (valor) despite bad luck, is what made the game compelling before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Titanforging is not gone. Only the name will change. Blizzard will keep feeding us Diablo 3 RNG.
    RIP dreams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm very happy, BFA had a bad start there is no denying. But 8.1 helped, 8.2 made it WoW again in my view - and 8.3 looks to be capitalising on this recovery. I think BFA will be looked back on rather fondly down the line, as MoP is now
    I think this is an insane statement. The class design is still in shambles. And the loot treadmill makes the content unrewarding, no matter how good the content is. I looked fondly on MoP as it was happening. BFA is a low point. Unless they get D3 loot out of WoW, the game will continue to wither.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    More or less happy.

huge raid +
    mage tower/chromie crossover +
    restored vale +
    huge N'zoth +
    auction house +

no zone -
    no dungeon -

races - predictable
    titannope - sorry, I'm not min-maxer.
    Feel the same but I do like the Vulpera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ofc I'm happy. Very nice patch. Very good expansion.

The amount of grumpy and frustrated people on these forums make me perma facepalm though...
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Now that i had time to play a bit on the ptr and most of the stuff has been datamined i am quite satisfied.
    Is it enough to make bfa a good expansion and redeem it? certainly not. Classes still aren't fun and the new essences won't change that.

But the patch shows little things that are promising. Islands getting boxes to target loot you want and the auction house revamp shows that, if they want to, they can listen to feedback. The latter probably has more to do with preparing server stability for the next expansion, but who knows.
    Dissapointed in mechagnomes to be honest. For a race that doesn't display most gear they have very few customization options. Why not let us change every limb seperately and things like that.
    Don't like the mythic plus affix either. It's a bandaid so they don't have to work on class balance/utility. But as long as they use the time they haven't worked on classes in bfa for the next expansion im fine with that.

Overall its good enough and enough to do to justify buying gametime in my opinion. Is it enough to keep me busy till prepatch hits? Probably not, but i didn't expected it to be. I hope next time they release a good expansion from the start and don't wait till the last two patches to make a bad expansion better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostone View Post
    Looks very lazy. Invasions again. Wrathion giving away cloak again. Races that were already known.
    This whole "Blizzard being lazy" narrative is played out. I'd rather have an entire expansion of recycled systems/content with story progression. Taking the good out of each newly integrated system for its time is a GOOD thing. There doesn't have to be a completely new system introduced for a patch or expansion for it to be successful.

We all know how successful warfronts and islands were.

Everything about this patch is great. Just because people could predict some portions of it, like allied races, doesn't mean it's lazy. It just means that blizzard did good through storytelling/communication/game files in the game to where people knew that Vulpera/Mechagnomes were going to be a thing way before they were introduced as playable.

Also, don't nitpick the "good storytelling" portion just to be a memelord. Nobody cares.

People wanted a legendary, mage tower challenge, more allied races(especially Vulpera), reuse of old zones, non-AP grind related character progression. All of which WoW Devs are providing with the next patch.
    Last edited by LolFrank; 2019-10-08 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    I hope they work a little bit on the Worgen Heritage Armor. The Coat could be a tad longer, and while I love golden colors the yellow/golden feels a bit... forced? Too heavy? Dunno what it is with it.

I am very pumped about Mechagnome and Vulpera racial mounts however and Mechagnome Classes.
    Looks like a half assed mix match of the kultiran set and the dongeon leather set.

Rather disappointing tbh,compared with the gnomes, tauren, be and dwarfs, and even th goblins (though I also don't like them) this set looks rather crap, I don't even see any gilnean markings in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Just saying, feels great boys and girls, good vibes, this looks like great content with the end of titan forge!

Great time to enjoy WoW everyone!

I am.

I think the patch looks great and I had a lot of fun checking out the PTR yesterday. I've been hoping for playable Mechagnomes since they were revealed at last year's Blizzcon, and I know a lot of people wanted Vulpera, and now we know exactly what's coming which buries a lot of the nonsensical speculation that we were seeing a week or so ago (e.g. ermahgerd wut if theres no 8.3?????). On top of all that a legitimate attempt at peace between the Horde and Alliance, which I've wanted for a while now. The faction shtick is beyond worn out.

So yeah. Good times if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    This whole "Blizzard being lazy" narrative is played out. I'd rather have an entire expansion of recycled systems/content with story progression. Taking the good out of each newly integrated system for its time is a GOOD thing. There doesn't have to be a completely new system introduced for a patch or expansion for it to be successful.

We all know how successful warfronts and islands were.

Everything about this patch is great. Just because people could predict some portions of it, like allied races, doesn't mean it's lazy. It just means that blizzard did good through storytelling/communication/game files in the game to where people knew that Vulpera/Mechagnomes were going to be a thing way before they were introduced as playable.

Also, don't nitpick the "good storytelling" portion just to be a memelord. Nobody cares.

People wanted a legendary, mage tower challenge, more allied races(especially Vulpera), reuse of old zones, non-AP grind related character progression. All of which WoW Devs are providing with the next patch.
    Well said.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    Only purpose the legendary serves is to reduce sanity loss, a way to make the visions & two last encounters of the raid easier over time, it provides nothing of real value to gameplay.

Vulpera were datamined as playable back in March/April 2018 so its nothing anyone is surprised about, the only question was when would they be available.

The visions are more like Withered Training / Chromie and isn't as much a challenge as mage tower in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some interesting stuff, but happy? Probably not till the announce the new expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of a zone really worries me.

But everything else looks amazing.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    Only purpose the legendary serves is to reduce sanity loss, a way to make the visions & two last encounters of the raid easier over time, it provides nothing of real value to gameplay.
    You literally just stated their value to gameplay.

And thematically a powerful item that helps us resist N'zoth's most powerful form of attack (psychological/mental decay) is a great choice for a legendary, and there's no RNG bullshit with it like we saw in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Anybody getting Dead Space vibes with Ny’alotha?
    Me, I did.

/10char
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostone View Post
    Races that were already known.
    Blizzard employee 1: Hey guys, people already know the races.
    Blizzard employee 2: Oh, we'll have to throw away months of work then and start again, with races people don't know.
    Blizzard employee 1: Posts in worldofwarcraft.com: Hey community as you already know the races we'll ditch them and go with new ones, standby for new races in 2 years time.
    Blizzard president: excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is me when Ion announced challenging solo content:
    Same. I love Mythic Raiding, but the Mage Tower was quite enjoyable (outside of the speccs it was literally faceroll on).

The tuning on Visions seems very light, compared to some of the Mage Tower stuff, be that with or without big gear.

Tried a couple with full Vision talent tree and a couple without. It seems very frontloaded, in that you really want to grind out your Corruption Resistance and traits through farming the respective currencies to either further your legendary cloak or your talent tree. Early/Low Gear/Low Talent Visions seem challenging enough, though the challenge mostly comes from the limited amount of Sanity and Sanity generation you get. Once your Gear and Resistance progress, you also see the progression slowly trickling in. With gear, the basic legendary cloak, which has fuckall resistance and a full talent tree, you basically have very little challenge attached to Visions as a DPS or Tank so far. Even managing your Sanity is a complete joke.

They could really add a little more challenge to it, make it less frontloaded and a bit more consistent across the board, but overall I'd assume from the middle-of-the-pack player's PoV who doesn't min/max a whole lot, maybe isn't too geared going into the patch, it's going to be a good, relevant bit of Solo to small group progression content. Repeatable/Replayable. But the moment you hit Heroic/Mythic gear levels in Ny'alotha, it'll basically be your everyday faceroll scenario from Mists, which a gimmicky mechanic attached to it. The Corruption resistance coming in handy with N'zoth in the Raid apparently also sounds like it will be 'mandatory' either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Looks interesting. Very interesting. Afraid that invasions will disappear with 9.0 though.
    They'd have to bring in an easy fix for the raid entrance then, so you can rerun it at later expansions for transmog.

The Raid Entrance is tied to the actively assaulted zone on the PTR atm in form of a floating obelisk in the middle. It also has a timer tied to it, that is basically the same as the assault timer.

Meaning these assaults will have to stay up 24/7, cycling inbetween Vale and Uldum, otherwise you actually have downtime on the raid entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You literally just stated their value to gameplay.
    Yea true I suppose I technically did but that is just lazy by Blizzard and you can see that legendary cloak as a nerf over time effect to the content much like Benthic just gimps The Eternal Palace right from day one except Blizzard won't need to nerf the encounters themselves it's a passive thing raid by raid, the higher rank of the cloak your raid has the easier it will become.

Blizzard is just out of ideas imo to introduce a legendary this late into an expansion for that sole purpose is pathetic even from Blizzard standards as it's a timesink into upgrading it to give more % reduction to insanity decreases for two encounters only to then remove it come 9.0. And I don't want to hear from anybody about its for lore purposes because we're too inferior to defeat an old god, do they not think we have enough to do with new essences / AP in 8.3 they just had to add yet another aggravating grind?
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-10-08 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea true I suppose I technically did but that is just lazy by Blizzard and you can see that legendary cloak as a nerf over time effect to the content much like Benthic just gimps The Eternal Palace right from day one except Blizzard won't need to nerf the encounters themselves it's a passive thing raid by raid, the higher rank of the cloak your raid has the easier it will become.

Blizzard is just out of ideas imo to introduce a legendary this late into an expansion for that sole purpose is pathetic even from Blizzard standards as it's a timesink into upgrading it to give more % reduction to insanity decreases for two encounters only to then remove it come 9.0 and I don't want to hear from anybody about its for lore purposes because we're too inferior to defeat an old god. Do they not think we have enough to do with essences / AP in 8.3 they just had to add yet another aggravating grind?
    Ahh, the tried-and-true 'I don't like this thing so <insert game developer> is lazy' argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Solely depends on what they do with titanforge rework.

Also fuck vulperas.
    I didn't know you were into that. If we go full unifaction, I'm sure we'll see plenty in Goldshire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Blizzard is just out of ideas imo to introduce a legendary this late into an expansion for that sole purpose is pathetic even from Blizzard standards as it's a timesink into upgrading it to give more % reduction to insanity decreases for two encounters only to then remove it come 9.0. And I don't want to hear from anybody about its for lore purposes because we're too inferior to defeat an old god, do they not think we have enough to do with new essences / AP in 8.3 they just had to add yet another aggravating grind?
    More a softnerf to the end portion of the raid. Sifting through the Journal, reveals that Corruption and the cloak are really only mentioned for N'zoth Body and the final encounter for him. So the last two. In the first of which, the cloak is only mentioned as not even being utilized in it's passive corruption resistance, but as an active button that acts as a Lay On Hands, which also completely HALTS your Sanity loss instead and returns you to Wrathion's side in the Encounter, who essentially acts as a Sanity replenishment aura.

In the second and final Encounter, the cloak isn't even mentioned, instead you replenish Sanity through your Heart of Azeroth. Meaning that the Cloak seems very integral and HUGE to have on the penultimate Encounter in general, not for the Sanity Resistance. It literally just makes Sanity matter less, and that's all it really nerfs. Judging from the Mythic Journal so far, yes, you will micromanage your sanity on both encounters a lot, but it doesn't sound so horrible, even if we take into consideration some tuning they'll do. The cloak will basically just be mandatory to have in general and any further upgrading will just... happen passively anyways, since the cloak and resistance are literally the only difficulty in Visions and you'll need to do those to progress.. well.. your cloak. And maybe Mother's TF replacement system, if they go through with it as it currently seems to be planned.
    Last edited by Dismayxz; 2019-10-08 at 04:01 PM.