Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he was so perfect that almost got replaced by the player, and only remained because thrall said so
    That's goblins for ya. Gazlowe being the leader is just so boring. Another good guy doing good guy things. Gallywix is the perfect trade prince because he's a scum bag. The horde needs a leader like him in it.

  2. #182
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    That's goblins for ya. Gazlowe being the leader is just so boring. Another good guy doing good guy things. Gallywix is the perfect trade prince because he's a scum bag. The horde needs a leader like him in it.
    i don't know where the scumbag trait is rly required to be a trade prince.

    Gallwyx is barely a goblin, and fat, he did nothing but steal and not pay people, we is not a inventor, a trait goblins should have, people want a leader to look for, no one i knew who play goblin like him, and prefer Gazlowe, it is supposed to gain profit and grow, not put everything in his belly.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    An honorable Goblin!? Yessss! Cause The Horde needs MOAR...

    I don't know if he is honorable, but has what you might call business ethics

    Mod Edit: Removed duplicate response.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-10-18 at 03:18 AM.

  4. #184
    I do like that the Horde & Alliance leadership has effectively broken apart. I'm extremely curious about where they go. Since they layed it on thick that Stormwind no longer has any problem with Orgrimmar or Thunder Bluff, and I don't see Calia or Derek declaring war on the Alliance ever & that Gallywix hasn't actually gone anywhere: The same patch where Gazlowe apparently takes over, Gallywix is extensively involved in the Goblin Heritage Armor. Gazlowe can't just pay off everyone in the entire Cartel. Maybe the Horde & Alliance will live on only among the Leaders who still want war, like Tyrande & Talanji. But otherwise, that the story no longer has to default to a single faction leader being the most important character of that race. They can develop Gazlowe And Gallywix now. They have even finally written a Lillian Voss storyline where she doesn't supposedly die at the end. It's a brand new day.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i don't know where the scumbag trait is rly required to be a trade prince.

    Gallwyx is barely a goblin, and fat, he did nothing but steal and not pay people, we is not a inventor, a trait goblins should have, people want a leader to look for, no one i knew who play goblin like him, and prefer Gazlowe, it is supposed to gain profit and grow, not put everything in his belly.
    Well first if you don't know why you need to be a scumbag to make a lot of money then maybe you should look at real rich people. Just about all of them are dicks. The perfect goblin leader is someone you hate but gets the job done and Gallywix must be doing something right. Everything about Gallywix from the way he looks to the way he acts is just great. Warcraft goblins need a little Warhammer in them.

  6. #186
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Well first if you don't know why you need to be a scumbag to make a lot of money then maybe you should look at real rich people. Just about all of them are dicks. The perfect goblin leader is someone you hate but gets the job done and Gallywix must be doing something right. Everything about Gallywix from the way he looks to the way he acts is just great. Warcraft goblins need a little Warhammer in them.
    you don't rly need to be a totally scumbag no, you also don't need to make your money entirely based on stealing and doing shady shit.

    the point is he was not getting the job done, he is always selling bad things over the price, malfunction shit, losing employees, losing contracts, to his own gain alone, not benefiting the horde at all.

    The goblin leader should reflect the goblin race, not just scumbags who like money, but the inventors and engineers as well, like people aid Gazlowe is the grandfather type of mafia, he do the job done, and he do it right, he care about his employees and even care about the horde, that is a win/win for me.

    the dude play the long game and now took over 2 cartels.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you don't rly need to be a totally scumbag no, you also don't need to make your money entirely based on stealing and doing shady shit.

    the point is he was not getting the job done, he is always selling bad things over the price, malfunction shit, losing employees, losing contracts, to his own gain alone, not benefiting the horde at all.

    The goblin leader should reflect the goblin race, not just scumbags who like money, but the inventors and engineers as well, like people aid Gazlowe is the grandfather type of mafia, he do the job done, and he do it right, he care about his employees and even care about the horde, that is a win/win for me.

    the dude play the long game and now took over 2 cartels.
    Agree to disagree i guess. Gazlowe being the new leader is just another step to make the horde suck even more. The horde has lost everything that makes it interesting.
    Now everyone is just a good guy and that's boring. The horde needs people like Gallywix and old Sylvanas.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Finally we actually have a good character as a faction leader.

    But holy fuck their heritage armor is dogshit.

    Yeah that's pretty horrific. Both Worgen and Goblins really got shafted on the heritage armor.

    Just compare this to the gnome set. This honestly looks like gear you'd get leveling.

  9. #189
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Agree to disagree i guess. Gazlowe being the new leader is just another step to make the horde suck even more. The horde has lost everything that makes it interesting.
    Now everyone is just a good guy and that's boring. The horde needs people like Gallywix and old Sylvanas.
    the horde was never supposed to have evil guys anyway

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the horde was never supposed to have evil guys anyway
    ya because good guys all doing good things with no morally questionable thoughts sure is fun.

  11. #191
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    ya because good guys all doing good things with no morally questionable thoughts sure is fun.
    for some yes, but like you said "morally questionable" not straight up dogshit, Gazlowe send you to kill alliance just for profit, torture and kill gnomes to get the info about mechagon, and the guy was along since wc3, he fits the job better.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    for some yes, but like you said "morally questionable" not straight up dogshit, Gazlowe send you to kill alliance just for profit, torture and kill gnomes to get the info about mechagon, and the guy was along since wc3, he fits the job better.
    And i think Gallywix is better to be trade prince. Like i said agree to disagree i guess.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    btw. some text from datamining (probably vulpera scenario) mentions that Baine is new Warchief of the Horde
    There's already dialogue saying there won't be another Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  14. #194
    On one hand the Goblins are supposed to be greedy conniving tricksters.. and for that Gallywix made sense as the leader, because that's 100% Gallywix. On the other hand Goblins are also supposed to be intelligent, inventive, and reckless... that is 0% Gallywix. So it makes sense to get a different leader. Gazlowe is certainly not as greedy or cruel as Gallywix but he's not just a green gnome either, and he's certainly 10x the goblin Gallywix is if we're going by intelligence.

    Either way we can all agree on one thing... that Heritage armor sucks. I like how the quest implies it used to be bomb-proof, fire-proof, everything-proof and somehow this mega armor that was indestructible. Even if we have the depowered version it still looks the same and all I can wonder is... HOW IS THAT INDESTRUCTIBLE? It's just a leather apron and some goggles...

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's already dialogue saying there won't be another Warchief.
    yes, I know

    in early data mining we did not know yet about future of the horde.
    and there was text which mentioned how Baine sent reinforcements to Suramar

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you don't rly need to be a totally scumbag no, you also don't need to make your money entirely based on stealing and doing shady shit.

    the point is he was not getting the job done, he is always selling bad things over the price, malfunction shit, losing employees, losing contracts, to his own gain alone, not benefiting the horde at all.

    The goblin leader should reflect the goblin race, not just scumbags who like money, but the inventors and engineers as well, like people aid Gazlowe is the grandfather type of mafia, he do the job done, and he do it right, he care about his employees and even care about the horde, that is a win/win for me.

    the dude play the long game and now took over 2 cartels.
    Actually, you need to, yeah. In Capitalism, the way to the top is to exploit everyone around you. This is why the real world is as shit as it is. You make yourself sound like one of this people who totally are into rags to riches "If I do enough earnest work I can some day become a billionair"-Americans who are fully into the cult of work. That from an european perspective, you make yourself look like somebody who lacks any political education or connection to real life economics and political systems. Yeah, thats heavily offtopic, but you are making the claim that the leader of a race which is entirely build upon being a satire of american capitalism, with even their priests being described as basically televangelists, should be a honest and earnest person.

    Goblins can be represented by an earnest how american conservatives imagine billionairs to be guy, because it destroys the joke. It turns the joke into propaganda. The reason why Goblins actually work as a joke race is, that their joke is a honest and at times true to life satire of american capitalist values. This is actually whitty. And Gallywix works, because he is a parody of the greedy, amoral billionair who will exploit his people for a quick buck. A parody which isn't really far from life.

  17. #197
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Goblins can be represented by an earnest how american conservatives imagine billionairs to be guy, because it destroys the joke. It turns the joke into propaganda. The reason why Goblins actually work as a joke race is, that their joke is a honest and at times true to life satire of american capitalist values. This is actually whitty. And Gallywix works, because he is a parody of the greedy, amoral billionair who will exploit his people for a quick buck. A parody which isn't really far from life.
    sometimes they just lose their shit because someone else play better too, or they invest in something and it floops

    like Gazlowee, now he have 2 cartels, just had to wait Gallywix shot his foot.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    Either way we can all agree on one thing... that Heritage armor sucks. I like how the quest implies it used to be bomb-proof, fire-proof, everything-proof and somehow this mega armor that was indestructible. Even if we have the depowered version it still looks the same and all I can wonder is... HOW IS THAT INDESTRUCTIBLE? It's just a leather apron and some goggles...
    We are talking about the same universe where panda can laugh up an early detonation accident. Flesh is apparently highly resistant to explosions.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2019-10-19 at 01:56 PM.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    sometimes they just lose their shit because someone else play better too, or they invest in something and it floops

    like Gazlowee, now he have 2 cartels, just had to wait Gallywix shot his foot.
    Do you even know how your own economy works?

  20. #200
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Do you even know how your own economy works?
    im not an expert like you but sure, wherever you say

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •