Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Try to comprehend the post you're reading next time. Maybe you won't have to write nonsense then.
    You're complaining the writers hate the "old Warcraft universe" because they replaced a character added in Cataclysm with a character from Warcraft 3. Are you stupid?

5+ Year Old Account
    Settle down, no reason to get huffy.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    lol

Goblins lead by Gazlowe and Forsaken lead by Calia. Why does the Horde even exist?
    It doesn't really. It doesn't even have many of its racial leaders let alone any prospect of choosing a new Warchief soon (though I'm sure Blizzard will push one on to pretend they haven't mostly destroyed Horde lore).

But, any leaders are going to have to be acceptable to the Alliance, which tells you how the Horde and Alliance stand.

Gallywix never made sense as a goblin leader, so it's about time they replaced him with Gazlowe, who has been around since Warcraft 3, has fantastic voice actor (who btw is Jaina's VA irl husband) and generally fits more as a leader to the race.

That said, I hope defeating Gallywix doesn't mean killing. While he doesn't make sense as a leader figure, he is still a pretty cool character that shouldn't be scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Just because a character is "mean" doesn't mean Blizzard has to replace them. It seems like anyone that isn't lawful good that wants to work together 100% is being killed off or removed.
    Maybe, but neutral-evil Gallywix and (suddenly) chaotic-evil Sylvanas weren't great leaders anyway.

If anything, Gazlowe is somewhere between lawful-good and true neutral, it's not perfect but it's an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Just because a character is "mean" doesn't mean Blizzard has to replace them. It seems like anyone that isn't lawful good that wants to work together 100% is being killed off or removed.
    Not wanting to work together is incoherent with the gameplay, tho.

Every expansion, Alliance and Horde end up budding up to fight some big bad anyway. What's even the point of restricting parties? To keep a relic of an era where WoW had a 10 million player base, instead of having 30 raids tops in LFG? 3 RBGs at prime time?

Oh crap we're returning to Crapopolis? I love Crapopolis. Crappiest place on Azeroth, great place to store, buy, and trade your crap.

I'd be sad to see him go. Gallywix is a bastard but he's one hell of a goblin.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...story/gallywix
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...a/blank-scroll

Linking my favorite short stories featuring him again.

"If the world was gonna split in half tomorrow, I’d buy the Dark Portal, slap a toll booth on it, and charge refugees the last of their pocket change, the rings off their fingers, a bite of their sandwiches, and a contractual obligation to build me a rocket palace in the skies of Nagrand. It’s the goblin way! Supply and demand! Deal with it!"
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-07 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Worgen apparently get to kill Nathanos which makes me happy
    Apparently, it's just a dream.....Tess's dream.
    Yay. After a decade of no Gilneas updates, we finally revisit that place - but wait it's just a dream! Because we really couldn’t just go back to Gilneas for real, right?

Now let's wait another ten years before we pay a visit to Gilneas, but for real this time.

At this point I don't know why I even bother.

Hmmm...

...now both Goblins and Gnomes have leaders which are more than capable of building their own Mech...

:thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Let's create a new model for Gallywix.

(5 patches later...)

Let's kill Gallywix!

Anyway, Worgen are gonna kill Nathanos, I can't wait to see their quest chain.
    i think Worgen scenario is some sort of Nightmare dream and Nathanos is fine again.

btw both Varian and Garrosh received updated models and great cinematics and died pretty soon after cinematics.
    same goes for Saurfang. at least his model was used several times.

and while I prefer neutral Streamwheedle, Gazlowe has always been Pro-Horde

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Yay. After a decade of no Gilneas updates, we finally revisit that place - but wait it's just a dream! Because we really couldn’t just go back to Gilneas for real, right?

Now let's wait another ten years before we pay a visit to Gilneas, but for real this time.

You gotta be shitting me
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its actually wonderful. Its like blizzard is playing bad writing chicken with us and proving that it can't be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    NEW 8.3 Heritage - Goblin - Crapopolis Scenario (KMS)
    Description: Gallywix has taken over the streets of Crapopolis.
    Difficulty: 5-player Normal Scenario
    OrderIndex: 11

NEW Crapopolis
    NEW Stage 1: Hostile Takeover
    Speak with Gazlowe at the dock.
    NEW Stage 2: Held Hostage
    Rescue Hobart Grapplehammer.
    NEW Stage 3: Suiting Up!
    Equip the X-52 Body Armor.
    NEW Stage 4: Taking Back The Town
    Defeat Gallywix.

it seems in Goblin Heritage scenario Gallywix is owerthrown and probably Gazlowe will take his place.

He was missing after SoO 2.0 (he was burning papers before siege) and he was supporter of Sylvanas

btw. some text from datamining (probably vulpera scenario) mentions that Baine is new Warchief of the Horde
    he is not the chief war officer they say high chieftain, but it seems he is the one leading the horde! Gazlowe is a great character and is from WCIII should have been the leader of the goblin from the beginning!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Tess wakes up
    "It was just a dream!"
    Naked nathanos wakes next to her
    "Nope, much better than that"

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    NEW 8.3 Heritage - Goblin - Crapopolis Scenario (KMS)
    Description: Gallywix has taken over the streets of Crapopolis.
    Difficulty: 5-player Normal Scenario
    OrderIndex: 11

NEW Crapopolis
    NEW Stage 1: Hostile Takeover
    Speak with Gazlowe at the dock.
    NEW Stage 2: Held Hostage
    Rescue Hobart Grapplehammer.
    NEW Stage 3: Suiting Up!
    Equip the X-52 Body Armor.
    NEW Stage 4: Taking Back The Town
    Defeat Gallywix.

it seems in Goblin Heritage scenario Gallywix is owerthrown and probably Gazlowe will take his place.
    Blizz can't be bothered with Goblin stories so much they can't even make an actual Bilgewater Goblin the new leader of Bilgewater Carterl. Instead they have to resort to a Steamwheedle one just because he's already recognizable. Just splendid. Also, yay for yet another Horde leader being replaced by a pro-unification Alliance slave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

@Terongor I was right as it turns out

Hey, this being just a dream is the one saving grace of this entire patch. Well, that and the prospect of a Sylvanas loyalist player fawning over QUEEN CALIA with Voss but I doubt anything will come out of that so it's half a grace at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Blizz can't be bothered with Goblin stories so much they can't even make an actual Bilgewater Goblin the new leader of Bilgewater Carterl. Instead they have to resort to a Steamwheedle one just because he's already recognizable. Just splendid. Also, yay for yet another Horde leader being replaced by a pro-unification Alliance slave.
    While I certainly get the resistance to the large scale replacement to any pro-war Horde leader.

Gazlowe has been with the Horde longer then Gallywix. Also I dont see why Gazlowes old cartel matters. His basically just moving Job for a pay rise. Which seems like a very VERY goblin move.

They get rid of every interesting character, noice.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Maybe, but neutral-evil Gallywix and (suddenly) chaotic-evil Sylvanas weren't great leaders anyway.

If anything, Gazlowe is somewhere between lawful-good and true neutral, it's not perfect but it's an improvement.
    Use a gnome as a human shield. but he pays the life insurance of his employees and does not skimp on expenses, he only works with the best quality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    free trade! more people to sell to!