Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

*Spoilers* Tyrande's reaction to end of 4th war

From WoWHead:
    Tyrande, conspicuously absent from the Fourth War in Patch 8.2.5, has returned with some opinions on the end of the War Campaign. Story spoilers.

As expected, Tyrande is upset by the events of the Fourth War, as Sylvanas has escaped and she still wants vengeance for Teldrassil--as well as the curious matter of Elune abandoning the Night Elves.

We also learn that the Horde is now run by a council, including Baine and Thrall, instead of a singular Warchief.
    Tyrande talking with Genn and Anduin

Anduin: The armistice is signed. At long last, the Fourth War is over.

Tyrande: No. Not while the Black Moon still cries out for vengeance. Not until the Horde has answered for its treachery.

Anduin: Further bloodshed will not bring back the fallen. We must renew our hope and forge a future for those who survived.

Tyrande: And when the next warchief musters an army, will hope save you if it is Stormwind that burns?

Anduin: I know it's difficult to trust, but there are signs of change within the Horde. In place of a warchief, there is now a council led by Baine, Thrall, and the others. I believe they can--

Tyrande: Your faith is naive, lion son. I will sign no treaty unless it is written in the Banshee's blood!

Anduin: Tyrande!

Genn: There is truth in her words, Anduin. Peace may be on the table today, but soon enough the Horde will sound their drums and march for war.

Genn: When that day comes, no scrap of parchment will hold them back.

Anduin: The path to peace will not be easy, and not all will choose to walk it. But this is the only way to build a better future. I believe it will work, Genn.

Tyrande talking with Shandris later on

Shandris: You spoke harshly to King Anduin, Tyrande. The kaldorei can ill afford to shun the Alliance. They have provided aid and comfort to us in these dark times.

Tyrande: The young king is foolish to trust our enemies. Harsh words should be the least of his fears.

Shandris: The Banshee Queen no longer leads the Horde. Those who do seem more inclined toward peace than war.

Tyrande: If the wolf is rabid, it matters not who rides it. Sooner or later, the beast will bare its fangs.

Shandris: You are dearest to my heart, Tyrande. I beg you, let go of the Black Moon's rage and embrace the mother's light once again. I could not bear to lose you to darkness.

Tyrande: Know this. My hunger for vengeance will not be sated so long as Sylvanas Windrunner remains free--and until I know why Elune abandoned her children.

Shandris: Tyrande! Do not say such--

Tyrande: I will tarry no longer in this city of men. Let us leave for the boughs of Nordrassil.

Tyrande: From there we will dispatch the Sentinels to every corner of Azeroth. Let no one rest until the Banshee is found!

The title is supposed to have "and more" at the end, guess it was too long

Edit: The title has been edited, since this thread mostly focuses on Tyrande and we already have another thread discussing Horde leadership specifically.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-08 at 01:54 PM.
    change can't wait.

Shandris is still thirsting for that HUMAN POTENTIAL™ it seems.

I wonder if the night elves will do anything in 8.3 or more likely this text is the extent of it.

Well... seems they've finally heard all the criticisms of Tyrande. Let's see if it actually leads anywhere. I don't see her being the one that kills Sylvanas.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    She's right. And they are going to kill her.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

5+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is considered the Fourth War is it just BFA?
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Shandris got brainwashed jsut by standing too close to Anduin

why Elune abandoned her children.
    also one leak said that Elune is now "frenemies"/in a bargain with the Death God(dess) and didnt mind the NE souls being fed to it .. I kinda believe it

5+ Year Old Account
    I like Tyrande. She definitely should be Warchief High Queen Bonus points if she gets to kick the soyboy's ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Finally, Tyrande is the strong independent psychopath she was always meant to be.

Nothing wrong at all with wanting vengeance on a psychotic, demented Lich Queen.

This is exactly the same as how Jaina was in SoO. The warchief becomes a separate entity and even the horde themselves want to kill them, yet some alliance character still thinks they’re not mutually exclusive. Garrosh was dealt with and Sylvannas more then definitely will be as well. Yet somehow horde and alliance relations come into play when they have a common enemy.

This is the second time Blizzard has turned an alliance character into a massive idiot, all for artificial tension.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Finally, Tyrande is the strong independent psychopath she was always meant to be.
    Mandral Chadhelm nods in approval.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Illidan would be so proud!
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    This is exactly the same as how Jaina was in SoO. The warchief becomes a separate entity and even the horde themselves want to kill them, yet some alliance character still thinks they’re not mutually exclusive.

This is the second time Blizzard has turned an alliance character into a massive idiot, all for artificial tension.
    "I was just following orders!" is a horrible excuse.

The Horde willingly followed Sylvanas. They are responsible for what she did to the night elves. Once again justice is denied.

Even with the lines being changed Shandris is still gagging for Human Potential(TM). I'm glad Tyrande was able to resist Anduin's aura and even got Genn to briefly slip back into character before the conditioning kicked in and he had to write a ten page self-criticism for doubting his liege and the Unifaction.

A shame it won't last.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't blame her at all, Night Elves always got shafted and now she is pissed.

Also kudos for not forgetting to include Tyrande's thoughts on this.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    "I was just following orders!" is a horrible excuse.

The Horde willingly followed Sylvanas. They are responsible for what she did to the night elves.
    Did you even play the horde side? You don’t do anything involving the burning of Teldrassil. You also never take part in the bombing of Theramore. Only the extra parts like normal warfare, not fucking genocide. Also like there’s the entire fucking Sylvanas loyalism mechanic.

You’re reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Did you even play the horde side? You don’t do anything involving the burning of Teldrassil. You also never take part in the bombing of Theramore. Only the extra parts like normal warfare, not fucking genocide. Also like there’s the entire fucking Sylvanas loyalism mechanic.

You’re reaching.
    Yes, Sylvanas personally fired all those catapults at Teldrassil.

Oh, and the Horde kept following her after that. Only Saurfang objected.

Don't worry, she'll see the error of her way and return to the fold soon enough.

Or they kill her off. Either way, sad times for nelf fans.