Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That Lich King stuff is just for AR DKs. Also Arthas didn't create Sylvanas the Dark Ranger, he created Sylvanas the Banshee. Sylvanas because a Dark Ranger when she returned to her body after the Lich King's power waned.

In any case, I will never completely write off the possibility of Dark Rangers simply due to Sylvanas' popularity.
    "is just"

Sure, care to tell me what the entire next expansion is about since you clearly know it already....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What difference does it make if she leaves or not? It's not like we had to wait for Arthas to become an ally in order for us to have Death Knights. If anything, him being an enemy was the reason that Death Knights could be playable and not tied to his undying will.
    With her gone, it makes it into Lich King 2.0 where she raises Dark Rangers, and they defect from her and join the factions.

I really don't see Blizzard doing that though, since it would be a pretty massive rehash of WotLK.

With her gone, it makes it into Lich King 2.0 where she raises Dark Rangers, and they defect from her and join the factions.

I really don't see Blizzard doing that though, since it would be a pretty massive rehash of WotLK.
    And if she stayed, then it's massive rehash of Illidan 2.0.

In what scenario would it actually work, or are you suggesting this is a lose-lose scenario with no redeeming value?

10+ Year Old Account

In what scenario would it actually work, or are you suggesting this is a lose-lose scenario with no redeeming value?
    Sylvanas creating her brand of Dark Rangers (with Banshee powers) and Alleria creating her brand of Dark Rangers (with Void powers). I would have also made it clear that you don't need to be an elf to be a Dark Ranger. Additionally, I wouldn't have made Sylvanas such a massive focus in this expansion, because if she's what the next class is going to be based on, she's going to be a major focus of that expansion as well.

With N'Zoth dead and Sylvanas probably getting dealt with in 8.3.5, I don't see it happening now.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-10-22 at 06:51 PM.

That Lich King stuff is just for AR DKs. Also Arthas didn't create Sylvanas the Dark Ranger, he created Sylvanas the Banshee. Sylvanas because a Dark Ranger when she returned to her body after the Lich King's power waned.

In any case, I will never completely write off the possibility of Dark Rangers simply due to Sylvanas' popularity.
    Which is all irrelevant... since I said you could write lore to justify it... as demonstrated. They can be revived into banshees who later take on previous bodies and voila... banshee rangers.

Ezpz to write lore to justify it.

I think it's going to be a mix. As in, Dark Rangers might be able to choose their alignment (Saurfang vs Loyalist).

What I mean by that is, if the player gets to make a choice like in BFA, Dark Rangers will do that in their starting zone. Hell, Demon Hunters had a choice of sorts with their followers.

So I can see that choice making it a flavor of Defect vs Ambiguous, something that covers both instances.

Sylvanas creating her brand of Dark Rangers (with Banshee powers) and Alleria creating her brand of Dark Rangers (with Void powers). I would have also made it clear that you don't need to be an elf to be a Dark Ranger. Additionally, I wouldn't have made Sylvanas such a massive focus in this expansion, because if she's what the next class is going to be based on, she's going to be a major focus of that expansion as well.

With N'Zoth dead and Sylvanas probably getting dealt with in 8.3.5, I don't see it happening now.
    I agree with the first part of the assessment. Having Sylvanas head the creation of Horde DR and Alleria front the Void Rangers would make a lot of sense.

However, I don't think Sylvanas is necessary at all at the forefront in order for the class to have legs. Chen may have been the poster-boy for Monks, but outside of the opening cinematic and a handful of quests, there was arguably more interaction with Taran Zhu and Lorewalker Cho than with Chen. Chen's biggest part ended up being at the Siege of Orgrimmar, and at that point he was absolutely tertiary to the other Horde heroes leading the charge.

I think Sylvanas leaving opens up a gap that can be filled by Dark Rangers taking a forefront and becoming a part of the Alliance and Horde. Her loyalists would no longer bound to her, and as free agents they could be absorbed in as a new class, still based on all of Sylvanas' outward style, but like all other classes, fronted by new NPCs who train you to aspire to be something new and unique.

We have plenty of NPCs to front this. Delaryn Summermoon, Dark Ranger Anya, even Blightcaller if he ever decides to leave Sylvanas' side. I don't think we need Sylvanas in the picture considering Arthas, Illidan and Chen were all 'just there' in the background, and didn't have much involvement in the shaping of our character classes. I mean Illidan could be considered the only one who has any direct ties to the class that's based on any hero, and even then that interaction is fleeting.

I'd see it the same way with Tinkers, where Mekkatorque and Gazlowe might be the poster boys for the class, but it's not like a Tinker player would ever need to seek them out directly to aspire to that level. The class identity would already be enough to stand on its own, just like how Monks and DK's were fine for players to explore without Arthas and Chen giving us any meaningful direction.

please consider that blizzard kinda open up void ranger as a thing and cant say that the info we got so far supports alliance getting dark ranger
    dont forget that the night elf dark ranger is pretty confirmed to join undeads becus they say elune left them

dark ranger seems more possible for horde
    but alliance still have void ranger they can use to point on again with lore
    consider faction with the classes
    i am not saying dark ranger cant work as a class just not sure it gona work for alliance at all
    and the direction tyrande is going
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-22 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the first part of the assessment. Having Sylvanas head the creation of Horde DR and Alleria front the Void Rangers would make a lot of sense.

However, I don't think Sylvanas is necessary at all at the forefront in order for the class to have legs. Chen may have been the poster-boy for Monks, but outside of the opening cinematic and a handful of quests, there was arguably more interaction with Taran Zhu and Lorewalker Cho than with Chen. Chen's biggest part ended up being at the Siege of Orgrimmar, and at that point he was absolutely tertiary to the other Horde heroes leading the charge.

I think Sylvanas leaving opens up a gap that can be filled by Dark Rangers taking a forefront and becoming a part of the Alliance and Horde. Her loyalists would no longer bound to her, and as free agents they could be absorbed in as a new class, still based on all of Sylvanas' outward style, but like all other classes, fronted by new NPCs who train you to aspire to be something new and unique.

We have plenty of NPCs to front this. Delaryn Summermoon, Dark Ranger Anya, even Blightcaller if he ever decides to leave Sylvanas' side. I don't think we need Sylvanas in the picture considering Arthas, Illidan and Chen were all 'just there' in the background, and didn't have much involvement in the shaping of our character classes. I mean Illidan could be considered the only one who has any direct ties to the class that's based on any hero, and even then that interaction is fleeting.
    Well yeah, like I said that works out just fine if you want a cadre of Dark Rangers more akin to Nathanos than Sylvanas.

I'd see it the same way with Tinkers, where Mekkatorque and Gazlowe might be the poster boys for the class, but it's not like a Tinker player would ever need to seek them out directly to aspire to that level. The class identity would already be enough to stand on its own, just like how Monks and DK's were fine for players to explore without Arthas and Chen giving us any meaningful direction.
    Well the difference is that Dark Rangers would have to be a hero class, and a Tinker class could be a class that starts at level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    dont forget that the night elf dark ranger is pretty confirmed to join undeads becus they say elune left them
    Isn't Tyrande technically doing the same thing by going Night Warrior?

Isn't Tyrande technically doing the same thing by going Night Warrior?
    i dont know yet i am really trying to understand that lore myself now =P

Please please please please unlock Tinker as a new class, Blizz!

So we got the Bolvar leak now.

How do Tinkers fit in? Anyone hazard a guess?

There is apart of the leak that says that Northrend has changed due to "climate change" (lol) and my sarcastic side would say it's all the smog from the Tinker's running around. But my more accommodating side would say if they were to work Tinkers in somehow it would be to help rebuild a vastly changed continent in Northrend, that may be the focal point for the Death coming into the world.

Tinker fits any expansion.

we can't see bolvar's legs. he must be riding on a mech scooter with laser beams attached.

Back to Northrend?!
    Wrathion is back?!

Looks like Titan-based tech class is back on the table!
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...cept-Titanborn

There's an abundance of Titan technology there so my idea is they re-purpose it to the fight the Undead seeing as you can't resurrect them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    After latest streak of datamining I feel safe. Chances are we on't get this filthy class in the next expansion. Dragonsworn or Dark Ranger are more probable.
    Good lord some of you are spiteful 'nads. And here some thought Tinkers were more annoying

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Tinker fits any expansion.
    They wouldn't fit in a nature-themed expansion. Or a death-themed one. Or an expansion based on the elemental lords gathering together against Azeroth. They wouldn't fit as a class added in Wrath instead of the death knight, or in Mists of Pandaria in place of the monk.