1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    There is only one reason - they add new class every second expansion. This is their general rule.
    They could change that if they want. We dont even know if we even get a class next expansion, although it would heavily surprise me if we dont.

    I dont doubt that they could make two specs like DH in just a year. But I wouldnt wanna be one of their class developers then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  2. #522
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    With the advent of Mechagnomes and Vulpera that would mean 2 Alliance and 2 Horde races that would additionally make sense to have as tinkers in addition to Goblins and Gnomes.

    Warden would still be a better option though.

    SOOOOOOO much better.
    Lmao Warden? Another elf class?

    How about no

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Nothing wrong with tinkers. I just hope they won't be exclusive to all the short races.
    I can’t wait to see them restricted to gnomes and goblins. If they forced people into rolling elves for demon hunter I have high hopes they’ll repeat it.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Lmao Warden? Another elf class?

    How about no

    - - - Updated - - -



    I can’t wait to see them restricted to gnomes and goblins. If they forced people into rolling elves for demon hunter I have high hopes they’ll repeat it.
    I swear to god I hope they are not restricted to just gnomes and goblins. Just squeeze my beloved Dark Iron Dwarves in there and then we are good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  4. #524
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,101
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    I swear to god I hope they are not restricted to just gnomes and goblins. Just squeeze my beloved Dark Iron Dwarves in there and then we are good!
    I could see dwarves too. What I don’t see is a parallel on the horde side which is why I don’t have high hopes for dwarves to be tinkers.

    Unless Vulpera and Mag’har are given Tinker to give Dwarves and DI Dwarves Tinker

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I could see dwarves too. What I don’t see is a parallel on the horde side which is why I don’t have high hopes for dwarves to be tinkers.

    Unless Vulpera and Mag’har are given Tinker to give Dwarves and DI Dwarves Tinker
    Do they really need equal amounts of races/classes? I always found that very stupid tbh.

    Whats wrong with Alliance having 3 and Horde having 2 options for a class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  6. #526
    [QUOTE=Katchii;51697509]
    While true, the expansion started with all the races that could be Monks, able to be Monks before they ever actually made it to Pandaria, they weren't unlocked half way through the expansion after footholds had been made and connections between Pandaria and the Horde and Alliance existed, we just all of a sudden had Orc and Human (and all others) Monks running around in Durotar and Elwynn forest.

    The class was clearly catered towards Pandaren, but they shared that knowledge with the other races.
    You know that's because of gameplay limitations right? Or are you saying that before we went to pandaria but when expansion created the knowledge of Monks just appeared in every faction and races mind?

    No... lorewise we learned about being monks in pandaria regardless if you could create a monk beforehand for gameplay reasons.


    How many quests have we had over the years where a piece of Gnomish or Goblin tech was handed to someone to use to go do something? There's a TON of quests where the Tinker-ish races proudly share their knowledge and tech with the other races in order to further their interests and accomplish their goals.

    Why would it be any different for the knowledge needed to make it a bonafide class?
    You clearly wrote this before finishing reading my post... I literally said, every class have teachers. Every class have NPCs and quests where they lend their knowledge and or tool. This isn't special to gnomes and goblins. I don't think anyone would go "Goblins and Gnome tinkers is all about sharing their gadgets and knowledge with people". They do that, but it hardly is presented as a defining trait for either the class or races. Which is my point.

    It's not presented as a trait for them in the way they are for monks and pandas.
    Blizzard can still go the route "everyone can learn", I never denied that... but to me that feels like a cop out and frankly a very boring way to go about it. Where as making it more about established traits for either class or race is more interesting instead of "they just learned it".

    I agree that the benevolent, giving and knowledge sharing culture of the Pandaren lends itself quite well to the sharing of the knowledge required for the Monk class, but there's still a LOT of knowledge sharing in the entrepreneurial, industrial and profiteering (more Goblin here, than Gnome) culture that the Gnomes and Goblins have. Just because the spirit of the knowledge sharing is different doesn't mean there's less of it.
    I never claimed there were less of it... I claimed it's a trait that defines either the class or race because it's not particularly associated in any special way compared to literally any other class. Monks however did make and presented it as such trait.

    You are making an argument against an argument I'm not even making. You argue about that it's possible for them to teach it... which I even said in my post. I'm arguing that it isn't a big part of what defines them when it comes to either the races of the class in of itself and thus most likely won't be used as a way to give tinkering to races. They will most likely use what they have been using for majority of the classes and that is using a races culture and history to decide if they fit as a tinker.

  7. #527
    Old God Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    10,101
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Do they really need equal amounts of races/classes? I always found that very stupid tbh.

    Whats wrong with Alliance having 3 and Horde having 2 options for a class?
    Nothing really. But you know people will scream favoritism, like always

  8. #528
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Depends who you ask. The only consistent thing is "bombs."
    Uhm.... no. There are entire Gnome and Goblin Tinker teams on Island Expeditions with fleshed out class specs and abilities..... Gazlowe's Greasemonkeys and Razak's Roughriders. They ride mechs to tank, throw out healing and bomb robots, place stationary gun and rocket turrets, create small bunker shield devices to reduce damage, etc. Both teams also play a key part in the introductory Mechagon quest chains. For anyone paying attention to the content we've been playing for months, it is not even remotely difficult to see how a player class could be introduced that amounts to far more than simply "bombs." From what it looks like, they are a perfectly viable class with Tank, Ranged DPS, and Healing spec abilities.

    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gazlowe%27s_Greasemonkeys
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Razak%27s_Roughriders

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Hes right tho.
    Howso?

    You telling me that Tinkers have not been talked about outside of 30 MMO-C posters?

    I've seen this talked about by youtubers, podcasters, on twitch streams, in other forums and present in fake leaks, etc etc. This is even a Hero from WC3 that was made into playable form because it was popular.

    And in the forum polls alone, there's a consistent ~200 people supporting Tinkers.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Source on Mechatorque being a Tinker by class, please. Same for Gazlowe. Just because you want them to be doesn't make it so, man.

    The WC3 Tinker is a Hero, not a Class, same as the Alchemist, the Sea Witch or the Pit Lord. As it currently stands he's a dude who picked up engineering, and that is it. No class whatsoever.
    Mekkatorque, Gazlowe, and even Gallywix all rely on technology for their combat ability, and are able to contribute with the same impact as any other high profile NPCs. Engineering is obviously not the same as having a class based around technology because your strength as a player character just doesn't come from that source - you get that from your class. There may not be a literal tinker class defined within WoW, but there definitely are NPCs that get their power from technology in a consistent way, which is the fantasy people are asking for when they request a tinker. Just as monks weren't clearly defined before MoP as a class, tinkers have clear conceptual boundaries that could easily be made into a playable class.

    That same fantasy has gotten way more attention than any profession in BfA. Between Mechagon's zone and megadungeon, the mechagnome allied race, a large part of the War Campaign focused around preparing a mech for Gallywix and featuring Mekkatorque as a raid boss, technology clearly has a greater scope than any profession. It is also exceptional in the fact that there are multiple faction leaders that rely on it for their combat ability in the same way that players use their class. Blizzard has mentioned tinkers before, if only to acknowledge that they are aware of the concept, and the further development of that fantasy in BfA is certainly more positive than negative for tinker fans.

    PS: Many people argue that tinkers would need to be added in with a thematically relevant expansion, but those developments withing BfA give the same sort of context. It's not just about the expansion trailer, it's about how they fit into the game. We now have an answer to that question.

  11. #531
    Honestly, the people that say "pick up engineering if you want to be a tinker"...

    ... did you beautiful people suggest players that want to become monks to take off their weapons?

    Look at what we got with BfA engineering and then look at the things a Mekkatorque or the Island Expeditions can do.

    Its like saying you are a mage when you pick up Enchanting.

    They butchered Demonology to make Demon Hunters, what makes people think that they'll give any damn about one of the least used professions with no real purpose the past years?

    Plus I think that when we get that world revamp + level squish expansion in 9.0, we also get revamped professions which nullifys this "issue" anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  12. #532
    My bet is Blizzard will be releasing Tinker and Dark Rangers together

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    My bet is Blizzard will be releasing Tinker and Dark Rangers together
    I keep hearing this is the Blizzcon we've been waiting for, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see something like that. I guess the hype is getting to me haha.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    My bet is Blizzard will be releasing Tinker and Dark Rangers together
    That wouldnt surprise me and it would be awesome.

    Maybe.... gasps... allied classes?!?! With rep grinds gated behind them?! GENIUS!

    I think the Crowd will flip out if they announce two classes.. Would be awesome to re-watch on a youtube video with the crowd in it, always gives me goosebumps.

    https://youtu.be/bAzzNT3jwGk?t=82

    ^MoP pandaren & monk reveal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  15. #535
    Tinker: Gnomes & Mechagnomes VS Goblins & Vulpera

    Dark Rangers: Night Elves VS Blood Elves
    (humans VS undead ... maybe)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Maybe.... gasps... allied classes?!?! With rep grinds gated behind them?! GENIUS!
    Oh god, please dont give them ideas !!

    Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    https://youtu.be/bAzzNT3jwGk?t=82

    ^MoP pandaren & monk reveal.
    I miss Pandaria... good times!

    And yes, people would go crazy with those two being announced
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-10-10 at 04:46 PM.

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    alliance can get and use all the horde mounts, yet they gained exclusive ones
    They can't.

  17. #537
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    14,836
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    My bet is Blizzard will be releasing Tinker and Dark Rangers together
    More likely Forsaken will get an undead elf option, and you'll see a couple of shadow-based arrows in Hunters.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  18. #538
    [QUOTE=Kumorii;51697560]
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

    You know that's because of gameplay limitations right? Or are you saying that before we went to pandaria but when expansion created the knowledge of Monks just appeared in every faction and races mind?

    No... lorewise we learned about being monks in pandaria regardless if you could create a monk beforehand for gameplay reasons.




    You clearly wrote this before finishing reading my post... I literally said, every class have teachers. Every class have NPCs and quests where they lend their knowledge and or tool. This isn't special to gnomes and goblins. I don't think anyone would go "Goblins and Gnome tinkers is all about sharing their gadgets and knowledge with people". They do that, but it hardly is presented as a defining trait for either the class or races. Which is my point.

    It's not presented as a trait for them in the way they are for monks and pandas.
    Blizzard can still go the route "everyone can learn", I never denied that... but to me that feels like a cop out and frankly a very boring way to go about it. Where as making it more about established traits for either class or race is more interesting instead of "they just learned it".


    I never claimed there were less of it... I claimed it's a trait that defines either the class or race because it's not particularly associated in any special way compared to literally any other class. Monks however did make and presented it as such trait.

    You are making an argument against an argument I'm not even making. You argue about that it's possible for them to teach it... which I even said in my post. I'm arguing that it isn't a big part of what defines them when it comes to either the races of the class in of itself and thus most likely won't be used as a way to give tinkering to races. They will most likely use what they have been using for majority of the classes and that is using a races culture and history to decide if they fit as a tinker.
    I get that it was game play limitations, I'm just saying that the characters in the starting zones weren't introduced to a Pandaren teacher until they made their way to their capital city.

    Why couldn't the same kind of tactic be used here with Tinkers?

    You say you don't like the logic but admit it makes sense. That's really the basis of my whole argument is that there is logic in the idea that Goblins, Gnomes and Mechagnomes have not only the ability but the desire, and have already set the precedent, for sharing their knowledge with the other races.

    You said that the Pandaren culture inherently has knowledge sharing embedded in it. I say the Gnomes, Goblins and Mechagnomes ALSO have it embedded within their culture, just in a different way. Pandaren is all very Zen like and spiritual, while the Goblins and Gnomes do out of a sense of industrialism and business. The end result is the same, knowledge is shared.

    Of course the races individual culture and background will be leveraged to determine if they will become Tinkers, but aside from Goblins, Gnomes, Mechagnomes and Vulpera being pretty obvious choices I see Humans, Dwarves, Orcs and Forsaken being Tinkers as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    More likely Forsaken will get an undead elf option, and you'll see a couple of shadow-based arrows in Hunters.
    Or they make a full blown class out of it eventually and use the DK alternate skin idea for the class, making the race have different skin tones and eye color than the base race option and multiple races can be Dark Rangers. Based on the fact that Nathanos isn't an Elf, there's no requirement that you have to be an elf to be a Dark Ranger, you just have to be trained. No reason other races can't go through the same training.

  19. #539
    And who trains the Dark Rangers? Nathanos, one of our biggest enemies alongside Sylvanas.

    I dont see how they suddenly would be like "Nah, fuck ya two, we're out, peace."

    This time we dont have any important lore figure like Highlord Darion Mograine who betrays the Lich King by saving Uther with the Ashbringer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    More likely Forsaken will get an undead elf option, and you'll see a couple of shadow-based arrows in Hunters.
    That is more aligned with the class skins idea... not sure if Blizzard will go on that direction

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •