Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And the final boss was a corrupted Titan, and the expansion ended with the Pantheon and Sargeras, and the realization that the planet itself is a sleeping titan...
    All of that is secondary to the central theme of the 8.3 patch: ending the threat of the Legion and the aftermath of it.

What is a Monk in your view?
    I'll tell you want it wasn't: the WC3 Pandaren Brewmaster unit. Just like the Dread Lord was not a death knight. Monks had absolutely zero lore before Mists of Pandaria, because there were no monks at all in the lore, and Chen Stormstout (and, by proxy, the WC3 Pandaren Brewmaster unit) were not monks, until MoP came along. Until then, they were simply beer aficionados.

Just look on YouTube for the WC3 Pandaren Brewmaster quotes: nothing about martial arts, everything about beer.

The Brewmaster was also added as a spec, its concept of Brewing was added to each spec, its clothing and weapons were Monk exclusive items, its WC3 abilities ended up in multiple specs..
    All that was done as flavor, not basis. The monk class was based on the RPG trope of the oriental monk concept.

Yes, a bland 2-spec class without a theme.
    No, it'll still have 3 specs, tank, dps, healer, and still have its main theme: martial arts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    All of that is secondary to the central theme of the 8.3 patch: ending the threat of the Legion and the aftermath of it.
    Which is not a faction war manipulated by Sylvanas and Nzoth.

I'll tell you want it wasn't: the WC3 Pandaren Brewmaster unit. Just like the Dread Lord was not a death knight.
    If the DK class looked like Dreadlords, had all of their abilities, and had their demonic theme running throughout the DK class, you'd have a point here.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    I guess you didn't understand the point I was making. No, they don't have this knowledge right now, but you're making the same sort of argument people made about Zandalari paladins when Rezan died. Although they are not tinkers at this point in 8.2.5, they are well suited to it, and perfectly well suited to overcoming the obstacles presently preventing them from (they just escaped slavery, they are intelligent, and they are curious).
    So are many other currently playable races, like humans and blood elves.

Are they interested in technology? According to the Allied Race Preview, they are capable of "turning what they find into opportunities to thrive." They are interested in everything they come across. As of the Horde's arrival in Vol'dun, they've come across goblin technology, why wouldn't they be interested?
    The race preview for humans call them "adaptable". Blood elves have proven that they are willing to do whatever it takes for survival, from capturing, torturing and experimenting on a Naaru to even switching factions.

As for taking time to learn things, that rarely plays out in game outside of major lore characters. Arthas raises death knights and they immediately start learning abilities. In our class halls, we trained troops of all kinds at 30 minutes a piece. In addition to all that, a tinker's role is primarily in using technology. It may take some knowledge to modify it, but far less than building everything from scratch. There is no reason to believe that they wouldn't be able to pick up the class immediately upon release.
    Because it's a huge shift on the cultural makeup of the vulpera. They're survivalists, not scientists. They're your Bear Grylls, not your Tony Stark.

Things that people want that are easy to make doesn't increase the likelihood that they end up in the game? Really, man?
    I don't think there was that big a clamor for death knights, and a big one for necromancers... and which of the two did we get? And I think the clamor for monks was even smaller, if non-existent. But what did we get? Meanwhile tinkers and demon hunters would more often than not top the fan requests since, I don't know, around vanilla... and yet it took over ten years to release demon hunters... and no tinker so far.

That's the only claim I made here. Void Elf paladins are specifically not possible,
    It makes just as much sense as using the fact vulpera and goblins share a skeleton rig as evidence that vulpera will be tinkers.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is not a faction war manipulated by Sylvanas and Nzoth.
    Oh, please. We saw how the azerite was riling people up, especially Sylvanas and Gallywix, and how potent a fuel it was. "Faction war" was written all over it.

If the DK class looked like Dreadlords, had all of their abilities, and had their demonic theme running throughout the DK class, you'd have a point here.
    The point is that the WC3 unit was not used as a basis for the monk class, only as flavor and as a tie-in to the expansion's lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    Teriz = Master of Circular Reasoning.
    It's been six years and he still can't explain why Dark Trolls won't be the next class. I mean, the evidence speaks for itself.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...next-expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, please. We saw how the azerite was riling people up, especially Sylvanas and Gallywix, and how potent a fuel it was. "Faction war" was written all over it.
    People were saying that BFA was going to be about Azerite during 7.2.5? Wheres your proof?

The point is that the WC3 unit was not used as a basis for the monk class, only as flavor and as a tie-in to the expansion's lore.
    The real point is that if there was no Brewmaster in WC3 there wouldn't be a Monk class as it currently exists. It would more than likely be a Runemaster or some derivative of th.ce Paladin and Priest class.

I think with the realization that a 4th spec may actually be pretty possible, it lends more to a Tinker spec getting added to possibly Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I think with the realization that a 4th spec may actually be pretty possible, it lends more to a Tinker spec getting added to possibly Hunter.
    If 4th specs get added, Dark Ranger is much more likely as a 4th Hunter Spec than Tinker. Of course then we'll still be sighing over Hunter being 4 DPS specs and once again having 3 ranged specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    It's been six years and he still can't explain why Dark Trolls won't be the next class. I mean, the evidence speaks for itself.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...next-expansion
    you meen the race

well i wuld rather have the murloc class over dark trolls i prefer the genderless piccolo thing that attacks with poop and spit egg out its mouth throw bomb fish

- - - Updated - - -

not really hunter is way to based on night elf and high elf so 4th spec gona be ranger by that logic

So are many other currently playable races, like humans and blood elves.

The race preview for humans call them "adaptable". Blood elves have proven that they are willing to do whatever it takes for survival, from capturing, torturing and experimenting on a Naaru to even switching factions.
    Yeah, if humans find that fighting with technology is the best way forward, they'll do it. They're not as intelligent as other races, so it might not be as natural of a transition, but sure. As with Blood Elves, again, if technology is what they need to survive, they'll figure it out. I don't disagree. Both of these races need a reason to look towards technology but already have established cultures and fighting styles that focus on other things. This is why it matters that vulpera are interested in everything that they find, and have been easy to take advantage of in the past. They don't have successful combat traditions and are interested in finding new ones.

Because it's a huge shift on the cultural makeup of the vulpera. They're survivalists, not scientists. They're your Bear Grylls, not your Tony Stark.
    Survivalists in Mad Max use loads of technology. Likewise, tinkers are combatants who use technology (as I said in the text you're responding to). You don't have to be Tony Stark to be Iron Man, you have to be Tony Stark to make Iron Man. Here is your reference:

I don't think there was that big a clamor for death knights, and a big one for necromancers... and which of the two did we get? And I think the clamor for monks was even smaller, if non-existent. But what did we get? Meanwhile tinkers and demon hunters would more often than not top the fan requests since, I don't know, around vanilla... and yet it took over ten years to release demon hunters... and no tinker so far.

It makes just as much sense as using the fact vulpera and goblins share a skeleton rig as evidence that vulpera will be tinkers.
    I honestly don't think you even read what I wrote. Asking for something is not the same as wanting something. Features that are easier to implement are more likely to be added to the game. I don't see how you can find any issue with this statement unless you're trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    There simply isnt enough material in each class to make viable 4th specs. Also it would be a balancing nightmare, and some specs like DHs and Druids wouldn't get them.

Also I'm pretty sure Ion said it wasn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    If 4th specs get added, Dark Ranger is much more likely as a 4th Hunter Spec than Tinker. Of course then we'll still be sighing over Hunter being 4 DPS specs and once again having 3 ranged specs.
    dark ranger is a dead person that come back to life so dark ranger wont work only ranger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Yeah, if humans find that fighting with technology is the best way forward, they'll do it. They're not as intelligent as other races, so it might not be as natural of a transition, but sure. As with Blood Elves, again, if technology is what they need to survive, they'll figure it out. I don't disagree. Both of these races need a reason to look towards technology but already have established cultures and fighting styles that focus on other things. This is why it matters that vulpera are interested in everything that they find, and have been easy to take advantage of in the past. They don't have successful combat traditions and are interested in finding new ones.

Survivalists in Mad Max use loads of technology. Tinkers are combatants who use technology (as I said in the text you're responding to). You don't have to be Tony Stark to be Iron Man, you have to be Tony Stark to make Iron Man. Here is your reference:

I honestly don't think you even read what I wrote. Asking for something is not the same as wanting something. Features that are easier to implement are more likely to be added to the game. I don't see how you can find any issue with this statement unless you're trolling.
    well we already got captain america in paladin and survival hunter based on a survival movie and series so wuld not suprise me if they did this with a tinker spec

- - - Updated - - -

wonder when we get final girl based spec warrior or rouge

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    If, and that's a big IF dark Rangers become a spec, it would make more sense as a rogue spec. I'm still firmly in the camp that dark ranger isn't a class/spec it's merely a faction/ group. They are just undead elf farstriders which makes them mm hunters for the most part.

There simply isnt enough material in each class to make viable 4th specs. Also it would be a balancing nightmare, and some specs like DHs and Druids wouldn't get them.

The beauty of it is that they don't need to balance it. Balance is what's killing the game.

Not everyone would get them, only classes where it would make sense, shaman get shadowhunter, mage chronomancer, warrior spellbreaker, etc... druid obviously doesn't get one, I don't think paladin or priest would get one, neither would dh.

From a purely assets stand point it would be easier to add a couple of specs vs a class because of the trainer creation, art assets, etc...

Let's try this again: True or False: The three expansion classes are based on WC3 heroes and units, and all contain WC3 abilities.
    True or false: three expansion classes fit to be themed around the expansion they are introduced in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    True or false: three expansion classes fit to be themed around the expansion they are introduced in.
    And it will be Blizzard who decides what "fits". If we have a shadow expansion and Blizzard believes that Tinkers fit in that expansion, that's just the way it is.

That said, I don't think a Gnome/Goblin centric expansion is out of the question. It's a running secondary theme in BFA.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-10-17 at 10:34 PM.

It sure is.
    I'm basing my guess and believes on current storylines, hints and guesses on what Blizzard would consider the most marketable and popular. And all of it leads to a death-themed expansion with a high focus on the Lich King, Sylvanas and a possible return of Arthas. All the hints and current plotlines point towards death and with the last rather unpopular expansion, Blizz pulled out a full fanservice heavy expansion. This are strong arguments. You on the other hand make no arguments why a tech-themed expansion which would allow a Tinker-Class is likely for 9.0. Your circle around with unfounded statements about how popular gnomes are despite being the least played race and discuss around the certainty with which I make my guess.

So, okay. I take my former statement back and say that based on the currently running plotlines introduced in BFA, the hints introduced on BFA, the datamining and player appeal, a death-themed expansion with the Lichking and Sylvanas as core characters would be, in my opinion, highly likely. On the basis of this, I guess that the next class will be death-themed as classes so far always fit the theme of the expansions.

So, now make your argument in favor of an expansion which would fit the Tinker class. No escape route for you, what are your arguments for a tech-themed expansion? Because looking at 11 year old trends, no tech-themed expansion, no tech-themed class.

- - - Updated - - -

And it will be Blizzard who decides what "fits". If we have a shadow expansion and Blizzard believes that Tinkers fit in that expansion, that's just the way it is
    That is not an argument. That is your wishfulfillment and hammering down on your believe that Tinker will be the next class without any argument to support your guess.

If, and that's a big IF dark Rangers become a spec, it would make more sense as a rogue spec. I'm still firmly in the camp that dark ranger isn't a class/spec it's merely a faction/ group. They are just undead elf farstriders which makes them mm hunters for the most part.
    yea and tinkers are just adventurers who learn engineering and ride their robot mounts from mechagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Because looking at 11 year old trends, no tech-themed expansion, no tech-themed class.
    This argument is pretty weak. With a sample size of 3, even assuming only a 50% chance of the outcome you describe, the probability of seeing the same outcome 3 times in a row is 12.5%. That's assuming that Blizzard isn't accounting for Edgelord class fatigue, what players are requesting most, any perceived value in matching the new class to the expansion theme, or anything else.

Let's say that matching the expansion theme is pretty important at 75% chance of determining the class theme. At this point you have a 42.2% chance of getting the same outcome 3 times in a row, and still having a 25% chance for something else the next time you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    dark ranger is a dead person that come back to life so dark ranger wont work only ranger

- - - Updated - - -

well we already got captain america in paladin and survival hunter based on a survival movie and series so wuld not suprise me if they did this with a tinker spec

- - - Updated - - -

wonder when we get final girl based spec warrior or rouge
    Well, yeah, I know that. But if they're going to open it up to make it a class, I don't see why they wouldn't just make it a spec instead.

I'm very confused about you contradicting yourself. You say they are undead elf farstriders (which is true for the most part) which basically makes them Marksmanship Hunters, but then say they'd make more sense as a Rogue spec? I mean, once again, they're literally a subset of hunter or, even more specifically a subset of a subset of hunter.