Page 1 of 146
... LastLast

Sadly looking like Tinkers could become a reality.

With the advent of Mechagnomes and Vulpera that would mean 2 Alliance and 2 Horde races that would additionally make sense to have as tinkers in addition to Goblins and Gnomes.

Warden would still be a better option though.

SOOOOOOO much better.

Tinkers really are the best choice for a new hero. I'm hopeful.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's apparently a new Dark Ranger in this patch too.

And Sylvanas in 8.2.5....

In short, nothing's confirmed nothing's denied see you in November.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Nothing wrong with tinkers. I just hope they won't be exclusive to all the short races.

Tinkers would be the most plausible choice.

It's been the most widely discussed and anticipated class for the past 4+ years now. I think their kit would have been in development for quite some time.

The only thing unknown about it is how they are gonna be introduced into the expansions and what races available, otherwise everything else pretty much fits WoW in all other aspects. It would make sense for them to develop a class that has more open gameplay and contrast to the edge-dark we just got with the Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like gladly looking.

Why sadly? If they get announced I'll leap for joy. Unless they aggressively race restrict it, then I'll be upset. Tinkers are also far more likely than dark rangers purely because tinkers have unique abilities. Dark rangers are just goth/edgy hunters.

Remember, Tinkerer is the epitome of bad class choice for the next expansion. Shadowlands is appearing most likely right now.

Wrath - Theme was Undead. Death Knights are new class.
    Mists - Theme was Panda. Monks were of that theme ("elevation").
    Legion - Demons were king. Demon Hunters were matching that theme.

Assuming the next expansion is shadowlands (or related to dark/shadow), how would someone possibly connect Tinkerer to that theme? Unless we have some mechanically-themed expansion, I highly doubt we should get Tinkerer. And that's completely putting aside the facts that all ideas of Tinkerer have been astronomically flawed and have no basis for them. If we're throwing random ideas out there, I'd much prefer Bard as I think it would be hella fun to play, but again, that doesn't match any kind of theme we're approaching.

There is the chance Blizzard goes off-theme, but that would definitely be unexpected.

Nothing screams "mech-using technological race" quite like.... Vulpera?

What? Just because they look like Goblins don't mean they are a tinker race.

What is a tinker ??!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    What is a tinker ??!!
    Depends who you ask. The only consistent thing is "bombs."

Dwarves and Dark Irons could also fit in this area.

Where are people taking that dumb idea that Vulpera are perfect race for tinkers from?

Did you even quest in Vol'dun? Which part of their culture screams "we love tinkering and engineering"? They make about as much sense to be tinkers as taurens. They are not technically advanced AT ALL, quite the opposite actually, they live in tents and drink alpaca milk.

If you think that Vulpera as allied race make any hint at tinker class, then you haven't been paying attention. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Nothing screams "mech-using technological race" quite like.... Vulpera?

What? Just because they look like Goblins don't mean they are a tinker race.
    Yeah I don't get that jump either. Mag'har make more sense as a Horde option for Tinker because, y'know, Iron Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah I don't get that jump either. Mag'har make more sense as a Horde option for Tinker because, y'know, Iron Horde.
    It's literally just "they look like goblins".

Mag'har are shown IN THE GAME as the second Horde tinker race in BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Vulpera? Tinkers? What?

How on earth would wardens be better? Wardens are rogues.

Anyways i am not convinced. It was definitly a positive step cause even the shadowlands leak map is now proven false. The complete shadowlands thing was a complete hoax.
    So, Sylvanas is still out there and dark rangers could still be a thing, but without the shadowlands backdrop it becomes less likely.

So, if the next xpac ends up being something like a world revamp, Tinkers could easily fit. Fingers crossed. After the alliance was shafted again with allied races (how are sethrak not the counterpart to vulpera?), Tinker class is a requirement if they want me to come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Remember, Tinkerer is the epitome of bad class choice for the next expansion. Shadowlands is appearing most likely right now.

Wrath - Theme was Undead. Death Knights are new class.
    Mists - Theme was Panda. Monks were of that theme ("elevation").
    Legion - Demons were king. Demon Hunters were matching that theme.

Assuming the next expansion is shadowlands (or related to dark/shadow), how would someone possibly connect Tinkerer to that theme? Unless we have some mechanically-themed expansion, I highly doubt we should get Tinkerer. And that's completely putting aside the facts that all ideas of Tinkerer have been astronomically flawed and have no basis for them. If we're throwing random ideas out there, I'd much prefer Bard as I think it would be hella fun to play, but again, that doesn't match any kind of theme we're approaching.

There is the chance Blizzard goes off-theme, but that would definitely be unexpected.
    Wouldn't take much to make them in theme, just give us the line that Death beats void, and as it turns out tech beats death. We end up getting a System of Light<Dark<undead<Tech<Light or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post

The basis for the Tinker class is the WC3 hero. That's the same basis btw as the Demon Hunter, Death Knight, and Monk classes.

Concepts like the Bard don't have that basis btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Vulpera? Tinkers? What?
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138151/tinkerin-taji