Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The game has a "proper Ranger class" though.
    cant say beast master is a proper ranger more lazy becus it dont work as ranged should be the real meele spec

marksmanship as said befor its based on the dwarf in the first wow cinematic the rifleman

survival was the closest thing to ranger but blizzard changed that and you want survival to change back to ranged trust me Teriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    No it doesnt you're only saying that to justify your own bullshit into getting the shit that is Tinker...
    Rangers are either kin with animals, archers/marksmen, or trappers and survivalists.

The Hunter class covers those aspects just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you're wrong thats a Hunter, a Ranger is Think Aragorn from LOTR hunter IS NOT a Ranger so stop pedaling your lies.
    Survival Hunter covers that just fine.

Rangers are either kin with animals, archers/marksmen, or trappers and survivalists.

The Hunter class covers those aspects just fine.
    Other common Ranger archetypes would be Aragorn from LotR and the classic D&D Ranger, neither of which are a great fit with the Hunter class as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Other common Ranger archetypes would be Aragorn from LotR and the classic D&D Ranger, neither of which are a great fit with the Hunter class as it is.
    Well this is warcraft, not D&D or LotR.

That said, what aspect of that character do you think that the Hunter class doesn't cover?

i wuld say that survival should be able to equip both ranged and meele weapon becus it makes more sense not only 1
    and if we use some extra info on marksman
    A marksman is a person who is skilled in precision shooting using projectile weapons in (modern days most commonly an accurized scoped long gun such as designated marksman rifle or a sniper rifle) to shoot at high-value targets at longer-than-usual ranges. i know i took this wiki but dwarf, orc, goblin and gnome that thing works really well but keep going with the bow fantasy in marksman as i stated befor in wow universe bow works in a much different way then a gun in its own universe

gun have a better chance if it can stand with ability based on itself

same with bow

i dont know what they gona do with crossbow

but they did give priest race class ability in the past like classic shaman and paladin had something simlair in tbc with blood elf and draenei
    so they can do it again

5+ Year Old Account
    Well this is warcraft, not D&D or LotR.

That said, what aspect of that character do you think that the Hunter class doesn't cover?
    The thing is: Blizzard hasn't been bothered enough to say what is a ranger and what isn't. They just throw the word like is nothing, never really bothering to explain. The blood/high elves rangers are closer to the concept from D&D than the playable hunter, tho. Sylvanas, Alleria and Lor'themar aren't hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna have to disagree with you here, at least from D&D, (not sure what you mean with classic D&D) but since AD&D 2nd edition to D&D 5th ed or Pathfinder 1st ed, Ranger is know for ties with natures, a pet, ability to specialize in melee or ranged combat, favored enemy that pretty much works as wow hunter's mark, being untrackable, track stuff, nature lore knowledge, stealth (wich hunter have) and so on.

So yeah, WoW Hunter is pretty much the D&D ranger.

Now if you want a pure archer/sharpshooter, then you roll a fighter, or in wow case, dark ranger (if blizz ever implements)

10+ Year Old Account
    Again WRONG it doesnt. But you're so obsessed with getting Tinker you'll say a deathknights a pure Necromancer is your stupid fantasy stop pedaling lies.
    So what abilities is the Hunter class missing IYO? From where I'm sitting you have a melee fighter with ranged abilities, and he has an animal companion. That sounds like a Ranger to me.

Blizzard even considers Survival Hunters to be "Rangers".

Or if you think your right if you want to play tinker roll a gnome hunter with a gun mechanical pet and get Engineering BOOM Tinker.
    The difference here is that Blizzard has already demonstrated to us what a Tinker is, and a Hunter with a gun and some Engineering toys isnt it.

So what abilities is the Hunter class missing IYO? From where I'm sitting you have a melee fighter with ranged abilities, and he has an animal companion. That sounds like a Ranger to me.

Blizzard even considers Survival Hunters to be "Rangers".
    not so sure abut that they even think that they even idmit then went to far in bfa and lost class identity hunter is 1 of them and here i know its many that want that class fixed survival was not played alot in legion aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Alleria, Sylvanas and Valeera a hunter? Do they use pets.. No they don't, They are the Rangers we want They are even aptly titled Ranger Generals / Ranger. A hunter is Titled Huntmaster.
    MM Hunters.

WRONG! You've seen a Leader of a race in a mech and now you want it claiming its a full blown class readily available.
    I've also seen Gazlowe, Noggenfogger, Gallywix, Thermaplugg, Blackfuse, Crushcog, Gob Squad, Razak, and Razdunk in mechs too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with you here, at least from D&D, (not sure what you mean with classic D&D) but since AD&D 2nd edition to D&D 5th ed or Pathfinder 1st ed, Ranger is know for ties with natures, a pet, ability to specialize in melee or ranged combat, favored enemy that pretty much works as wow hunter's mark, being untrackable, track stuff, nature lore knowledge, stealth (wich hunter have) and so on.

So yeah, WoW Hunter is pretty much the D&D ranger.

Now if you want a pure archer/sharpshooter, then you roll a fighter, or in wow case, dark ranger (if blizz ever implements)
    They're quite similar, yes, but the D&D Ranger has MUCH more depth. The Ranger conclaves at D&D really makes a difference for the class. You can, for example, walk between planes with the Horizon Walker. It's something this conclave is specialized in. Blizzard could use these conclaves as an example for Dark Ranger or whatever they come up with.
    Last edited by Liszt; 2019-10-20 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    not so sure abut that they even think that they even idmit then went to far in bfa and lost class identity hunter is 1 of them and here i know its many that want that class fixed survival was not played alot in legion aswell
    The Survival spec's description literally calls them Rangers.

ok so if you jump around and the ability steady shot does that make the shot steady?????
    trueshot aura how can a trueshot be attack speed??????
    you blizzard cant make mistakes?????
    rapid fire??? marksman??? not much marksman here thats a machine gun ability wich keep giving people the tinker eye Teriz
    words in the game that maby should be renamed??

lone wolf makes alot sense with marksman and so do camuflage aswell but camuflage should not a be a talant it should be a normal hunter ability

but the harpoon pretty this is the pirat theme or should i say Final Girl spec looks really out of place survival
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-20 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hald way there but no dice loses its class fantasy for being halfway there also uses Sharpshooting only no melee Rangers have a few melee skills to go with their shooting skills.
    Sorry, your post doesn't make sense. Why are MM Hunters only "halfway there"?

Good for you a few more NPC's based off a joke comedic class a paradoy class even.
    I think we could use a light-hearted class after Demon Hunters. The majority of people in various class polls seem to agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody wants a "Lighthearted" class go play Hello kitty island adventure if you want "Lighthearted" jesus christ.
    In case you haven't noticed, theres plenty of light-hearted stuff in WoW.

Also based on several class polls, users here want the light-hearted class more than the edgy, brooding one.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have "2" polls from MMO-C and you're using that as a basis for your "majority" forgive me if I throw my head back and laugh at you for thinking this is intelligent thinking.
    He's got the higher ground here when you have no basis for "no one wants."

Again you're wrong thats a Hunter, a Ranger is Think Aragorn from LOTR hunter IS NOT a Ranger so stop pedaling your lies.
    Hoss, Aragorn translated to WoW would be an Arms Warrior with herbalism/alchemy.

Tinker inclusion makes sense. Especially after the Mechagnome announcement. You can't bring in a technology race into the game without a technology class.
    Alll classes make sense. Its never been a question of whether they made sense or not, its a matter of what Blizzard decides to choose in what order.

With Class Skins, it removes all the nonsense that just because DKs have Necromancy, we can't have any other class infringing on that theme. I'm glad that Blizzard is considering it over 4th specs, if the leak is true.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-10-20 at 10:59 PM.

Sorry, your post doesn't make sense. Why are MM Hunters only "halfway there"?
    MM was there in MoP and and WoD but Legion removed it the ability was really perfect befor legion it culd even evolve from there those falconer in drustvar perfect for marksman

instead went with rapid fire..... gun and crossbow does look wierd here then steady shot that you can use while you jump and move wich dont make sense
    should be rename quick shot....
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-20 at 11:01 PM.