Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    There are other easter eggs like dances, NPC voice lines, etc. The actual in-game music is stuff like Lament of the Highborne, though. If they start making classes based on modern music or pop culture, people will be very upset. It undermines the feel of the Warcraft universe. If a bard spell or talent makes a reference to ETC, I won't be remotely surprised, but if I see this dude killing raid bosses with power slides, I'll have to assume that Blizzard has given up on creating an immersive game world.
    the reason i am saying it is becus it wuld look alot more diffrent then how other bards from other game look and wuld be more intresting and as most people that plays wow enjoys the rock band thing and it probly build alot more fans around it
    does not meen there cant be a spec that use the harp or calm sounding music becus they can even base a spec on MoP theme

there is not reason for not having rock guitar spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    Your "mech" is already in game... No Tinkers for you as you can already roleplay one:

Now if you tell us to play Hunter for our Dark Ranger wants or Deathknight for our Necromancer wants you can just do the same for your "Tinker" wants.
    Feel free to show me a video of you performing DPS, Tankng, healing, or even going inside a building or dungeon while inside that mech.

Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope blizz doesn't add 'tinker' as a class. Beside the fact that blizz doesn't seem that interested/good at balancing the game, the entire concept behind it is bad in my opinion. It adds nothing new on existing lore we don't already have such as that monks and DK's did and will probably involve stripping down a profession.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    I sincerely hope blizz doesn't add 'tinker' as a class. Beside the fact that blizz doesn't seem that interested/good at balancing the game, the entire concept behind it is bad in my opinion. It adds nothing new on existing lore we don't already have such as that monks and DK's did and will probably involve stripping down a profession.
    A Tinker class wouldn't effect the engineering profession negatively in any respect.

If anything, it would be entirely positive.

i wuld said engineering have more to gain by tinker/machinist becus it cant really make ammo for hunter anymore engineering making weapon for a new class wuld work fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A Tinker class wouldn't effect the engineering profession negatively in any respect.

If anything, it would be entirely positive.
    How exactly? what added value can it possibly have? did demon hunters add any value to warlocks, or did they lose a spec defining ability?

People advocating for tinkers are as bad a the high elf crowd. There is no niche that that absolutely needs to be filled in the current class/spec lineup that would fit in the overall lore of the game, let alone by something that is sprinkled so sparingly by blizzard across the entire franchise as mechanical tech.

If blizzard would add a class, I'd rather see them ad an alchemist type of class. It would infringe on alchemy as much as a tinker does on engineering, but would fit the lore far better and sound less stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunter's havent required ammo since the end of TBC also Engineer could only make Bullets NOT arrows the last lot of Bullets it could make was [Fel Iron Shells] and to me looking at this engineering list of recipes https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Engineering_recipes you can actually live your "Tinker" dream in WoW as most of it is already "Tinkerable", at this point I'd rather Blizz fix and work on the current classes give them their identities back than shove a shitty class in there such as Tinker.
    this should be the most important focus for blizz. they already watered down just about every class as it is. Blizz should fix this and forget about adding any classes or specs ever again, as they just aren't capable at keeping all the classes interesting anymore.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Hunter's havent required ammo since the end of TBC also Engineer could only make Bullets NOT arrows the last lot of Bullets it could make was [Fel Iron Shells] and to me looking at this engineering list of recipes https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Engineering_recipes you can actually live your "Tinker" dream in WoW as most of it is already "Tinkerable", at this point I'd rather Blizz fix and work on the current classes give them their identities back than shove a shitty class in there such as Tinker.
    Completely wrong. Hunters Required Ammo until the end of WotLK. I absolutely remember making Ammo in general and I didn't start until WotLK.

We made both bullets and arrows at the time.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Iceblade_Arrow
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Shatter_Rounds

10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly? what added value can it possibly have? did demon hunters add any value to warlocks, or did they lose a spec defining ability?
    Warlock is a class not a profession. Warlocks and Demon Hunters compete with raid and dungeon spots, thus obviously there's an issue with them having similar abilities. A Tinker and someone with the engineering profession do not, mainly because the profession doesn't have abilities, they create items for sale. In fact, in WoW you can be both an Engineer and a Tinker at the same time under one character.

I find it absolutely crazy that people who supposedly play this game can't figure this difference out.

People advocating for tinkers are as bad a the high elf crowd. There is no niche that that absolutely needs to be filled in the current class/spec lineup that would fit in the overall lore of the game, let alone by something that is sprinkled so sparingly by blizzard across the entire franchise as mechanical tech.
    Goblins, Gnomes, and now Mechagnomes are high tech races with no class that reflects their unique racial culture. In addition, there's a massive theme of technology throughout WoW that no class currently represents.

I stand corrected on that but I still stand by you already have your Tink fantasy....
    Mind informing everyone what you think the tinker fan base wants? Because I don’t think you know.

I stand corrected on that but I still stand by you already have your Tink fantasy....
    We do not. I cannot do an entire fight using mechanical gizmos and gadgets, with other playstyles potentially setting up and maintaining said gadgets, or overpowering people with my ingenuity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, where's the video of your character tanking, DPSing, healing, or even walking inside a dungeon or building while inside that mech?

Yeah, but Hunters can go petless, and Survival can alternate between melee and ranged. The only thing missing is dual wielding.
    Only MM Hunters can go Petless. You miss out on your class fantasy if you want to be a melee Hunter without a pet like you see in game. And of course the dual wielding.

Again, this is akin to putting a Tinker class into the game but not having a mech as part of the toolkit. Would you be satisfied with that?

Also Subtley Rogues click all of those boxes, and even have the shadow theme.
    Except you said that the Hunter was the class that was synonymous with Ranger.

I think and I say I think the majority of the playerbase would like their current classes fixed before adding something as shitty as Tinker, its a joke class for a joke of a people.

Also mechagons story ends with its dungeon, I begrudgingly did it yesterday it was boring as shit and I was glad when it was over.
    We are so likeminded that people would think you are my second account or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Only MM Hunters can go Petless. You miss out on your class fantasy if you want to be a melee Hunter without a pet like you see in game. And of course the dual wielding.

Again, this is akin to putting a Tinker class into the game but not having a mech as part of the toolkit. Would you be satisfied with that?
    If the pet is that huge of an issue, you can simply not summon your pet as Survival. Problem solved.

It's nowhere near comparable to not having a mech as a Tinker.

Except you said that the Hunter was the class that was synonymous with Ranger.
    Which it is. Details from other games doesn't change that fact.

I think and I say I think the majority of the playerbase would like their current classes fixed before adding something as shitty as Tinker, its a joke class for a joke of a people.

Also mechagons story ends with its dungeon, I begrudgingly did it yesterday it was boring as shit and I was glad when it was over.
    blizzard are already on the class fixing they even idmit they made mistake

i say this again tho we still need to wait for blizzcon but y we dont have any beta on next expansion to see diffrence yet aswell
    but i know artifact weapon was a big mistake on some classes hunter was one of the most out of place thing with artifact weapon and was more a danger to classes
    but with lvl 60 as max lvl change so i think it gona solve artifact weapon mistake hopefully

not gona say druid artifact was a mistake the different druid cat and bear form works and made druids form look more different to each other

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Perhaps the majority on these forums, but the majority of the playerbase are always excited for new classes. It's part of the reason new class expansions are among the most popular whenever they're ranked.

10+ Year Old Account
    And lose a huge chunk of your damage aswell as some of your survivability, oh you totally think these things through don't you, would you take a petless survival hunter in raids? no no thought not...

Seriously you're a troll at this point if one things good for one set of people but the same sort of solution is not good enough for you.
    A petless Survival Hunter can complete quests, and kill enemies at their level.

Obviously if you want to do raid content, you're going to have to suck it up and bring your pet along.

However, the idea that a Hunter isn't a Ranger simply because in its melee spec it has to have a pet out to do competitive content is utter and complete nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    the reason i am saying it is becus it wuld look alot more diffrent then how other bards from other game look and wuld be more intresting and as most people that plays wow enjoys the rock band thing and it probly build alot more fans around it
    does not meen there cant be a spec that use the harp or calm sounding music becus they can even base a spec on MoP theme

there is not reason for not having rock guitar spec
    Sounds like you're contorting your personal opinions into general hot takes of the WoW player base at large. Don't do that.

Also, if you think the only thing a bard does is perform music, you don't understand what a bard is and should sort that out first before sharing your opinion of what a bard class should be if ever implemented in WoW.

You keep saying this but somehow it keeps coming up. Almost like maybe you're wrong.

You are aware that saying something 1,000 times doesn't make it true, right?

I find it absolutely crazy that people who supposedly play this game can't figure this difference out.
    Ah, yes, and the follow up condescending response. Shocked. Shocked I tell you!

I know you don't do things like this, but maybe you're the one who's wrong. I mean we have a litany of examples of you being wrong that go back to at least 2013, so it's a possibility you should entertain.

This is on par with a Teriz response.

You can't argue against Teriz's claims to know what the players want by saying you do. You also are taking your personal opinion of the Tinker concept and acting like its more than just your opinion. By all means, dislike the class concept, but posts like this will tank your credibility to Teriz levels.

If the pet is that huge of an issue, you can simply not summon your pet as Survival. Problem solved.

It's nowhere near comparable to not having a mech as a Tinker.
    And suddenly not be competitive DPS, not be effective in group content, PVP and even struggle in solo content? That's not a solution and you know it.

It's exactly the same as not having a mech as a Tinker. It's having a class fantasy, a concept, in mind and being unable to fulfill it because the game does not let you. It's seeing a lore character identified with a class, wishing to emulate it. but being unable to.

Which it is. Details from other games doesn't change that fact.
    Except it's not since it doesn't satisfy the class fantasy of the major lore characters with that title within this very game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post

You keep saying this but somehow it keeps coming up. Almost like maybe you're wrong.

You are aware that saying something 1,000 times doesn't make it true, right?
    If I'm wrong about that, then please explain how a class could take abilities from a profession when it doesn't create items, and the profession does not create abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post

Except it's not since it doesn't satisfy the class fantasy of the major lore characters with that title within this very game.
    It doesn't satisfy the class fantasy in your opinion. Again, a concept missing (or adding) a few particulars does not invalidate its entire purpose as a concept. The fact that Blizzard calls Survival Hunters "Rangers" backs that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Same could be said about Tinker.
    Blizzard and the majority of users interested in new classes on this forum appear to disagree.