Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ...
26
34
35
36
37
38
... LastLast
  1. #701
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakozi123 View Post
    What game have you been playing for the past ten years? Sylvanas does care about her people. She did so before she became undead and still does now. She just uses extreme methods to reach her goals. For example, the whole deal with Azshara and the dagger was so that Azshara gets a shoot at killing N'zoth. Yes, the heroes were supposed to die and N'zoth being free means that many more will die, but she is thinking along the line of "sacrafice the few in order to save the many". Besides that, we still don't know what Sylvanas's true plan is... It just hasn't been revealed yet. She appears to be working with some kind of force behind death and I am going to assume that the whole story line with Bwonsamdi and Vol'jin has something to do with it (It obviously does. I think that is no longer just an assumption). But why she does that, we do not know. Time will tell. And only once we know every single aspect to the story, then we can judge her actions.
    No, she actually doesn't. I don't know how many more ways Blizzard can tell you that when they literally had her call the Horde (and thus the Forsaken) nothing and abandon them by blasting off into space like Team Rocket.

    She literally sends you with the fleet to Nazjatar so that you can die. So your soul, the player, regardless of if you're loyal to her or not, can feed the "Hungering Void." She didn't warn you. She didn't tell you to make sure you survived the events of 8.2. She was willing to kill you and the entire Horde fleet that was left to serve her own purpose.

    No sorry even if Sylvanas somehow kills N'zoth, you don't get to say, "All her other actions don't matter." She still butchered thousands of civilians at Teldrassil. Still used biological weapons of warfare against civilians at Gilneas against even Garrosh's wishes. Still killed her own people in the Arathi Highlands. Still made and betrayed allies as soon as they were inconvenient for her. Still saw her own people as arrows in the quiver.

    If you still think Sylvanas gives two shits about anybody but yourself, you haven't been paying attention. And there's nothing Blizzard can do to make you realize it at this point. She could disembowel Nathanos on screen and laugh as he dies and some of you would still insist she's doing something for some grand noble purpose.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-10-15 at 04:25 PM.

  2. #702
    I am Murloc! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    5,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He is clearly talking about christie golden being officially hired by blizz.
    ^....hold up.....oh my god we are doomed!

  3. #703
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i dont get how some forsaken fans think this sucks.
    you change leadership, from a tyranical leader who only sees you as a tool for her own plans...
    to the rightful heir, who (presumably) cares a lot for you.

    i mean, sure it sucks because it makes things a big boring...
    but its great news for the forsaken.

    and its all because sylvanas is really sexy and a "badass".
    i'm not surprised.
    By your own logic wouldn’t forsaken fans be happy because Calia has big breasts and a corset ?


    I mean cmon, give two seconds of thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  4. #704
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    No, she actually doesn't. I don't know how many more ways Blizzard can tell you that when they literally had her call the Horde (and thus the Forsaken) nothing and abandon them by blasting off into space like Team Rocket.

    She literally sends you with the fleet to Nazjatar so that you can die. So your soul, the player, regardless of if you're loyal to her or not, can feed the "Hungering Void." She didn't warn you. She didn't tell you to make sure you survived the events of 8.2. She was willing to kill you and the entire Horde fleet that was left to serve her own purpose.

    No sorry even if Sylvanas somehow kills N'zoth, you don't get to say, "All her other actions don't matter." She still butchered thousands of civilians at Teldrassil. Still used biological weapons of warfare against civilians at Gilneas against even Garrosh's wishes. Still killed her own people in the Arathi Highlands. Still made and betrayed allies as soon as they were inconvenient for her. Still saw her own people as arrows in the quiver.

    If you still think Sylvanas gives two shits about anybody but yourself, you haven't been paying attention. And there's nothing Blizzard can do to make you realize it at this point. She could disembowel Nathanos on screen and laugh as he dies and some of you would still insist she's doing something for some grand noble purpose.
    Funny how you say this, when your entire argument here relies on the notion that her attitude in regards to the play (that may not even be a Forsaken) in 8.2 magically negates her internal monologues about the Forsaken throughout the years. Top notch logic you got here. And consistency.


    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I mean you have over a decade of lore saying otherwise, but sure.
    It doesn't count because reasons


    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    By your own logic wouldn’t forsaken fans be happy because Calia has big breasts and a corset ?


    I mean cmon, give two seconds of thought.
    What kind of supernatural optimism is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  5. #705
    So, this might be one of the biggest examples that the faction divide might disappear simply because there's no way Calia would completely leave the Alliance to "join" the Horde. And there's no way the Forsaken will just switch to Alliance, so now we've got an Alliance character leading a Horde race.

  6. #706
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    So, this might be one of the biggest examples that the faction divide might disappear simply because there's no way Calia would completely leave the Alliance to "join" the Horde. And there's no way the Forsaken will just switch to Alliance, so now we've got an Alliance character leading a Horde race.
    I mean she leans more toward the Alliance than Horde (Probably because Sylvanas killed her), but I donno if its fair to say that she was like an Alliance faction leader and is swapping. She's a priest of the Netherlight Temple, if anything.

    Not like if Mekkatorque suddenly joined the Horde.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-10-15 at 04:54 PM.

  7. #707
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    All of them were killed by the scourge and all of them escaped from the LK once its hold over the scourge was weakened. I think thats one of those things that would bond people. Also, I would say it more like UNDEAD humans led by an UNDEAD elf.

    Thats how UNDEAD humans could relate to an UNDEAD elf
    Not to mention the Forsaken aren’t just made up of Humans. Undead Elves/Dark Rangers have been part of the faction for a while they’re just not playable.

  8. #708
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I mean she leans more toward the Alliance than Horde (Probably because Sylvanas killed her), but I donno if its fair to say that she was like an Alliance faction leader and is swapping. She's a priest of the Netherlight Temple, if anything.

    Not like if Mekkatorque suddenly joined the Horde.
    I mean, she's the daughter of the last Menethil king of the Alliance. Pretty sure she counts as an Alliance character. Heck, Anduin was ready to acknowledge her right to the throne when he found out she survived in Before the Storm.

    Rexxar is a hunter of the Unseen Path, but he's still a Horde character.

  9. #709
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I mean, she's the daughter of the last Menethil king of the Alliance. Pretty sure she counts as an Alliance character. Heck, Anduin was ready to acknowledge her right to the throne when he found out she survived in Before the Storm.

    Rexxar is a hunter of the Unseen Path, but he's still a Horde character.
    Anduin was, sure, but she wasn't. She never actively 'joins' the Alliance and the only pro-Alliance thing she does is show up with Anduin to the meeting in Arathi, and that's because she directly was helping HIM set it up. And then she dies and is offscreen in Netherlight Temple with Alonsus Faol until 8.2.5 when she immediately says she's leaving Kul Tiras to go help the Forsaken.

    Rexxar officially joined the Horde. He's its literal canon champion of the Horde.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-10-15 at 05:46 PM.

  10. #710
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Anduin was, sure, but she wasn't. She never actively 'joins' the Alliance and the only pro-Alliance thing she does (And its kind of stretch to even say that's "pro-alliance") is show up with Anduin to the meeting in Arathi, and that's because she directly was helping HIM set it up.

    Rexxar officially joined the Horde. He's its literal canon champion of the Horde.
    You realize during that meeting she was (after showing herself) literally going to the people "hey, hey, come return to your families over here with the Alliance".

    Like, regardles she's still a member of the Alliance and technically it's rightful leader.

  11. #711
    You realize during that meeting she was (after showing herself) literally going to the people "hey, hey, come return to your families over here with the Alliance".
    ...you do realize this was after Parqual begged her to help him and the other Forsaken out, right?

    Also no, the Alliance of Lordaeron is not the current Alliance. Despite what people want to keep claiming. But I can see this thread is already a shitfest of Pro-Forsaken people being perpetually upset like every thread on MMO-Champion, so I'm out.

  12. #712
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,346
    Saying Calia isn't Alliance is like a level of comedy I am not prepared for.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  13. #713
    Titan Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Posts
    13,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Saying Calia isn't Alliance is like a level of comedy I am not prepared for.
    That's a problem, since you'll not be prepared for the incoming "Calia was secretely Horde all along" either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

  14. #714
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    ...you do realize this was after Parqual begged her to help him and the other Forsaken out, right?

    Also no, the Alliance of Lordaeron is not the current Alliance. Despite what people want to keep claiming. But I can see this thread is already a shitfest of Pro-Forsaken people being perpetually upset like every thread on MMO-Champion, so I'm out.
    Ah, so Metzen's direct statements about the Alliance aren't canon. Who'd have thunk. What a shitfest we got here for thinking otherwise


    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's a problem, since you'll not be prepared for the incoming "Calia was secretely Horde all along" either.
    Calia burned Teldrassil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  15. #715
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's a problem, since you'll not be prepared for the incoming "Calia was secretely Horde all along" either.
    She'll come up to the Forsaken and reveal her freshly made Horde arm tattoo.

  16. #716
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    22,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Saying Calia isn't Alliance is like a level of comedy I am not prepared for.
    Kind of depends on how you define "Alliance" in this context. I'd call Calia a neutral party - she was originally a member of the Conclave, a neutral order of Priests. She did work with Anduin, but not in an Alliance vs. Horde capacity, but more in humanitarian outreach to the Forsaken (which is in keeping with her role as a Priestess). She has friends among the Alliance due to her having been Human herself, but having Alliance or Horde friends does not itself declare oneself *for* a given faction. There's a marked "one drop of blue/red" type thinking that seems to prevail on these forums - that if you have any truck whatsoever with a given faction then you are of that faction, but that's not really a line of thought I agree with in most cases.

    I think Calia is closer to the Alliance than she is the Horde, both by virtue of her former status as a Human and generally in temperament, but I don't think she's patently a member of the Alliance nor a subject of Anduin. She's a neutral and a free agent, more or else; able to decide where she needs to be based on her own ethical compass.
    "The finest line of poetry ever uttered in the history of this whole damn country was said by Canada Bill Jones in 1853, in Baton Rouge, while he was being robbed blind in a crooked game of Faro. George Devol, who was, like Canada Bill, not a man who was averse to fleecing the odd sucker, drew Bill aside and asked him if he couldn't see that the game was crooked. And Canada Bill sighed, and shrugged his shoulders, and said, 'I know. But it's the only game in town.' And he went back to the game." -- Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"

  17. #717
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Kind of depends on how you define "Alliance" in this context. I'd call Calia a neutral party - she was originally a member of the Conclave, a neutral order of Priests. She did work with Anduin, but not in an Alliance vs. Horde capacity, but more in humanitarian outreach to the Forsaken (which is in keeping with her role as a Priestess). She has friends among the Alliance due to her having been Human herself, but having Alliance or Horde friends does not itself declare oneself *for* a given faction. There's a marked "one drop of blue/red" type thinking that seems to prevail on these forums - that if you have any truck whatsoever with a given faction then you are of that faction, but that's not really a line of thought I agree with in most cases.

    I think Calia is closer to the Alliance than she is the Horde, both by virtue of her former status as a Human and generally in temperament, but I don't think she's patently a member of the Alliance nor a subject of Anduin. She's a neutral and a free agent, more or else; able to decide where she needs to be based on her own ethical compass.
    Calia is like Valeera, Alliance but tries to come off as Neutral so they can go where they please. At best that's what I'd call Calia.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  18. #718
    I'd call Calia a neutral party - she was originally a member of the Conclave, a neutral order of Priests. She did work with Anduin, but not in an Alliance vs. Horde capacity, but more in humanitarian outreach to the Forsaken (which is in keeping with her role as a Priestess).
    Exactly this. But because she has 1 more blue drop than red, she gets considered an Alliance character. Which is absurd. She WAS neutral, very slightly Alliance-leaning (For reasons that seem entirely because Sylvanas fucking killed her) but now has swapped to the Forsaken in Sylvanas' absence, which is an interesting level of irony considering Sylvanas' paranoia about her in Before the Storm.

    Its also funny to see people apparently think that because the former citizens of Lordaeron hate Arthas that they therefore hate the Menethil line entirely, which has been consistently proven to be nonsensical. Both with how they still treat Terenas' memory with reverence, as well as directly in Before the Storm when we see some citizens think of Calia as a leader in a positive term, including Sylvanas, who is so threatened by her that she kills her.

    The Forsaken hate Arthas. They do not hate Terenas. And they do not hate Calia. And never have.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-10-15 at 08:15 PM.

  19. #719
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    22,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Calia is like Valeera, Alliance but tries to come off as Neutral so they can go where they please. At best that's what I'd call Calia.
    Valeera's allegiances are a bit more questionable than Calia's all told, I would say; she directly serves Anduin as his go-between and spy. While she hasn't declared officially for the Alliance I would say this is a distinction without a difference. Calia's ultimate loyalties are bit more unclear - her service to the Alliance has ostensibly dove-tailed with her role as a Priestess, in a not unexpected or surprising fashion. But she has no formal ties to the Alliance under Varian and now Anduin, and has been uninvolved with politics entirely until her unfortunate debacle at the Gathering. Valeera falls more heavily Alliance than Calia does, in my estimation.
    "The finest line of poetry ever uttered in the history of this whole damn country was said by Canada Bill Jones in 1853, in Baton Rouge, while he was being robbed blind in a crooked game of Faro. George Devol, who was, like Canada Bill, not a man who was averse to fleecing the odd sucker, drew Bill aside and asked him if he couldn't see that the game was crooked. And Canada Bill sighed, and shrugged his shoulders, and said, 'I know. But it's the only game in town.' And he went back to the game." -- Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"

  20. #720
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Kind of depends on how you define "Alliance" in this context. I'd call Calia a neutral party - she was originally a member of the Conclave, a neutral order of Priests. She did work with Anduin, but not in an Alliance vs. Horde capacity, but more in humanitarian outreach to the Forsaken (which is in keeping with her role as a Priestess). She has friends among the Alliance due to her having been Human herself, but having Alliance or Horde friends does not itself declare oneself *for* a given faction. There's a marked "one drop of blue/red" type thinking that seems to prevail on these forums - that if you have any truck whatsoever with a given faction then you are of that faction, but that's not really a line of thought I agree with in most cases.

    I think Calia is closer to the Alliance than she is the Horde, both by virtue of her former status as a Human and generally in temperament, but I don't think she's patently a member of the Alliance nor a subject of Anduin. She's a neutral and a free agent, more or else; able to decide where she needs to be based on her own ethical compass.
    I mean, way before she was a member of the Conclave she was a member of the Alliance. She was it's princess... You know, Arthas's sister and all that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •