Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    No one is gonna play horrific visions. People didn't play scenarios, people didn't enjoy withered training, people didn't flock to rifts in d3. Its another bust.
    I don't know about this "people" person, but I personsally loved the withered training and the chromie scenario

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I don't know about this "people" person, but I personsally loved the withered training and the chromie scenario
    Withered was a side activity, on a weekly cooldown. And for that, it was okay. To get in you neeeded mana, which was casually farmable. Visions are nothing like that, only maybe on the surface. Visions are the focal point in 8.3, they are THE thing. That is why I'm worried.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Just like how you were forced to farm for resistance gear to be able to progress on certain fights in Vanilla. It's not forcing, no one is making you do anything, If there was a cool weapon or trinket you wanted, you wouldn't be saying you were forced to do it. It only comes up when it involves content people do not want to do.
    Of course you were forced to farm resistance gear in Vanilla, so what? Was it bad then but now it's ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Withered was a side activity, on a weekly cooldown. And for that, it was okay. To get in you neeeded mana, which was casually farmable. Visions are nothing like that, only maybe on the surface. Visions are the focal point in 8.3, they are THE thing. That is why I'm worried.
    I'm worried as well, I don't think a lot are grasping just how much of these visions you'll be doing over and over and they don't have a cooldown they just double the resources needed to enter again.

8.3 on the PTR rn is log in, fly to Uldum/Vale do the dailies which only offer items directly linked to Horrific Visions/Catch-up gear the major new feature to then craft a "key" and then do a Horrific Vision to get resources to upgrade the talent tree which only affects the visions. How exactly the cloak is upgraded at least to me is not known but I know for sure it involved these Visions.

We'll see how the PTR changes over time but how are people not worried about this? Outside of the huge raid will you really be content with doing what I just mentioned above and the visions themselves aren't huge and with a choice of only two. They may be testing the water to see if they have the replay-factor for a major feature for the new expansion.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-10-14 at 09:24 PM.

I would say solo content is definitely on the menu for 9.0. I think you might even see a mythic version of it.

No one is gonna play horrific visions. People didn't play scenarios, people didn't enjoy withered training, people didn't flock to rifts in d3. Its another bust.
    ah yes, the infamous "people" made up of whatever you've seen on the various communities you personally go to, and nothing else.

Don't wanna say but it's sounding like time travel more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Don't wanna say but it's sounding like time travel more and more
    Why time travel...?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Of course you were forced to farm resistance gear in Vanilla, so what? Was it bad then but now it's ok?
    No. No one whined and bitched about a requirement like that back then. Now if something isn't handed to you, the sentiment is that you are being forced against your will to do what the game requires you to do to get said reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol you clearly don't know how D3 works...seasonal rifts ARE D3.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No. No one whined and bitched about a requirement like that back then. Now if something isn't handed to you, the sentiment is that you are being forced against your will to do what the game requires you to do to get said reward.
    Really? The grind is among the top "arguments" (if you can call them so) of the anti-Classic people, in these very boards for starters. And if you think that "no one" complained back in the day, you were simply not paying attention.

There is a reason why that kind of grinds were removed in WotLK already, and didn't come in full force until today. Even in Legion, I doubt that people were ecstatic about the AP grind.

Inb4 the "daily fiasco" in MoP, which was promptly fixed.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-10-14 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? The grind is among the top "arguments" (if you can call them so) of the anti-Classic people, in these very boards for starters. And if you think that "no one" complained back in the day, you were simply not paying attention.

There is a reason why that kind of grinds were removed in WotLK already, and didn't come in full force until today. Even in Legion, I doubt that people were ecstatic about the AP grind.

Back then.... he means back then. Afterwards yeah people didn't like them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I mean, more instanced end game content, just what we desperately needed with raids and m+-es and alongside/just after islands and warfronts. YEEEY!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love horrific visions, gonna do them everytime

Yeah of today. It was not really an issue back then. I was a very active poster on the official forums back then and it was not really an issue. A few threads here and there, but not as much of an entitlement thing as we see today. The first time I recall it being a problem was with the BT attunement. But even then it was minor. Recently, last 6-8 years, this whole nature of feeling "forced" has come on stromg. It's a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

Oh noes, I had to do a rep grind to get rep rewards.
    Last edited by SirBeef; 2019-10-15 at 10:45 AM.

So the new mask modifiers have been added to the latest PTR build for Horrific Visions to test.

- Mask of the Burned Bride
    When moving spawn void zones behind you that drain sanity.

- Mask of the Daredevil
    Increases sanity damage from creatures by 200%.

- Mask of the Dark Imagination
    While below 30% sanity occasionally summon creatures from the void.

- Mask of the Long Night
    Reduces maximum sanity to 65%

- Mask of the Pained
    Renders the wearer prone to simultaneous madnesses.

They all come with the following:

Increases Corrupted Mementos gained.
    Enemy damage is increased by 10/20/30/40/50%. (Depends how many masks you activate before starting)
    Enemy health is increased by 10/20/30/40/50%. (Depends how many masks you activate before starting)