Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean i can just go record it if you want and show you.
    and yeah please tell me what instant cast spells demo and destro have that arnt on long ass cooldowns?
    oh wait, none, aff is by far the best raiding spec for alot of the time this expansion and others simply because of how mobile it is compared to the other 2 turret specs, was great in BoD, was great in uld, was great in literally all of legion, and almost all of wod.

I know i died pretty badly, on ptr i dont have my bars properly set, im missing alot of stuff like racial and my heals, but here i am just running around dropping corruption on stuff then running as they die after i press 1 button, and these are creatures of my level. no azerite traits, and i dont even use my essence ability.
    I hope to god this is satire, I really do. You're claiming aff is easy to play because you can run around a scenario tuned for non-raiders and casuals dotting non-elite mobs.

Like, I've seen some absurd shit in my life, but this is way up there. You're the Jacob Wohl of mmo champion.

I could literally go record myself mass pulling this as demo and 1 shotting entire packs. That doesn't mean demo is easy to play. Actually wild, I screenshotted this to show to people.

You're now one of 2 people to make it into my "best of mmo champion" folder, right up there with the "shadow bolt is the pinnacle of game design" guy.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-10-09 at 05:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I hope to god this is satire, I really do. You're claiming aff is easy to play because you can run around a scenario tuned for non-raiders and casuals dotting non-elite mobs.

Like, I've seen some absurd shit in my life, but this is way up there. You're the Jacob Wohl of mmo champion.

I could literally go record myself mass pulling this as demo and 1 shotting entire packs. That doesn't mean demo is easy to play. Actually wild, I screenshotted this to show to people.

You're now one of 2 people to make it into my "best of mmo champion" folder, right up there with the "shadow bolt is the pinnacle of game design" guy.
    The... The scenario in the later locations is not tuned for "non raiders" and I did the whole thing just doing corruption's. If you really want I can record doing it again the entire thing, just running around putting. Corruption on stuff and that's it...

.but sure I would love to see it, go do some mass pulls of this place for me man, no essences though, that's cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

The... The scenario in the later locations is not tuned for "non raiders" and I did the whole thing just doing corruption's. If you really want I can record doing it again the entire thing, just running around putting. Corruption on stuff and that's it...

.but sure I would love to see it, go do some mass pulls of this place for me man, no essences though, that's cheating.
    Can you just stop? You know what he's talking about and you're not DESTROYING anyone with FACTS and LOGIC by pretending to be retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Can you just stop? You know what he's talking about and you're not DESTROYING anyone with FACTS and LOGIC by pretending to be retarded.
    If you read the mmochamp forums for any amount of time you should know there's 4 certainties: death, taxes, gaidax calling everyone who posts on mmochamp shitters and advocating for warlock nerfs because warlocks are amazing, and Felplague posting absolutely crazy stuff that makes you wonder if he really believes what he says, or is just an exceptionally good troll.

So yes, affliction is great at running around tab-dotting mobs with corruption. Not sure how this is relevant to anything, considering corruption ticks for 9/10 of FA.

Meanwhile, anyone who actually plays a warlock is still baffled why DB was nerfed when it's 2 competing talents are still garbage. DS is a DPS nerf over not taking a talent in that row at all, and nightfall is still a substantially worse talent than DB.

So afflction ST has taken a small nerf, AOE is still laughably non existent , cleave is about 4x lower than shadow and even multi dot is only "ok" and below shadow, boomies etc.
    Last edited by JustaWarlock; 2019-10-09 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    gaidax calling everyone who posts on mmochamp shitters
    Please, I usually mostly say this about Warlock section of the forum, which is true.

Everyone who has any sort of skill or reason has already moved on to Discord, why this subsection even does not have any moderator because nobody with half a clue gives a damn about useless trash being posted here. Heck even I, am sort of away from here, because this place is useless.

---

Usual OP scrub nonsense outbursts aside, I think this nerf was unnecessary. Affliction at the moment is at an OK spot, it's not OPAF and not trash, so in this case indeed buffing other talents in the row would be a better choice.

However this might have been done in preparation for whatever comes in 8.3, for example Psyche Shredder trinket which could be pretty busted with Deathbolt, actually.

It's definitely not Blizzard's strength to communicate changes. The vast majority of the warlock community has been pissed since start of BfA (maybe not the demos at the time when their aoe dmg made the missing kick negligible.) It would have been nice if they had announced upcoming tweaks of the other talents at the same time. Didn't happen, so warlock community just gets pissed further.

They should bring Malefic Grasp back, but I guess they're afraid of balancing MG and deathbolt in parallel. I bet their plan is to nerf deathbolt until nobody cries when the talent is gone. So yeah. Get rid of deathbolt eventually!

Playing a spec by doing the most simple thing does not inheritently make the spec easy.

By that logic, any class can just spam one move and kill everything, so it must be easy.

I mean, demo? Walk into a tons of mobs and make my pet spin.
    Dead.

Destro? Just hard cast chaos bolt!

It's silly to act as if running around spamming corruption makes the spec easy to play. There's far more nuance.

And this nerf makes absolutely no sense

For patch notes that say dot classes are doing too well in situations they can dot, why nerf a single target ability?

For saying affliction isn't meant to do strong single target burst, why is our 3 minute cd single target burst?

If it's about burst, nerf the damage and redesign it to extend dots for that damage. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    They should bring Malefic Grasp back
    No they really shouldn't. MG is just ANOTHER throttle on our dot damage.

The problem we have is that our dots hit for shit all now. For a dot spec, our dot's are awful, and one of them is ramp backloaded damage. All of our damage is tied to the DG cooldown, without it we'd be worse than arcane mages.

Do you even play a warlock lol? What does this have to do with anything? As someone that has played all 3 specs since at least BC, and raided at a fairly high level the entire time:

Affliction is not and has never been any easier to play than demo or destro. In legion, for example, aff was leaps and bounds harder to play than both demo and destro in pve, especially when you had to play MG. The spec had such a high skill cap it was insane. Demo on the other hand was a joke, so was destro.

In what universe does that death bolt nerf make any sense to you?
    Different people find different things easier; afflic has always felt like the easiest warlock spec to me, destro not far behind it, and demo by far the hardest, or maybe just the least intuitive, at least for the past several expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Different people find different things easier; afflic has always felt like the easiest warlock spec to me, destro not far behind it, and demo by far the hardest, or maybe just the least intuitive, at least for the past several expansions.
    Having to plan all of your movements well in advance was always going to be harder than demo or destro in legion. Show me your MG logs from legion on mythic content.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you had perfect drain cycles on mythic argus or something. The baseline of aff was easy, playing the spec well was not easy. There was a massive spectrum of aff play in antorus with a good warlock being able to snipe shards far better than an average warlock and a good warlock having far better drain cycles on movement fights than an average warlock.

There was way more room to be better than another warlock as aff in legion. That isn't so much the case in BFA tbh, but the spec isn't any easier to play than demo or destro, and I raid as all 3.

Warlock is always one of the best performing classes. Stop crying you babies.

Drain soul is on the same row as Deathbolt and it's a PURE dps loss to pick it. Aka it's better to pick NO TALENT than it is to pick Drain Soul. So they looked at that row and wisely concluded DB need a nerf.

If they have the balls to still hold questions panel this year, can someone ask them which affliction main fucked all of the dev's girlfriends ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Drain soul is on the same row as Deathbolt and it's a PURE dps loss to pick it. Aka it's better to pick NO TALENT than it is to pick Drain Soul. So they looked at that row and wisely concluded DB need a nerf.

If they have the balls to still hold questions panel this year, can someone ask them which affliction main fucked all of the dev's girlfriends ?
    I hope our king the Red Shirt Guy™ asks them about it

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Warlock is always one of the best performing classes. Stop crying you babies.
    Can you please learn to read before you respond? Thanks.

When I play affliction, I wanna play a guy that spreads cancer everywhere, I remember Legion pvp when I would just spread my dots over my enemies, and they would eventually die if they wouldn't deal with me, even on dungeons and raids it actually felt like I was putting up diseases. Now in BFA I don't feel like that at all, the spec that I have loved for so long feels like another builder/spender rotation, where I have to lign up my cooldowns, my charges and then just click... This is not what I wanna play as an affliction Warlock, so I have changed, now I am a Shadow Priest, at least I still have a bit of that fantasy.

This means that I am glad they nerfed Deathbolt, but its a shame that Warlocks are the worst class for m+ and they get nerfed... nerfing the WORST class... its not a joke guys... its just sad

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Because despite what the forums might have you believe, the vast majority of players spend the vast majority of their time not raiding. DoTs are great on bosses but suck for quickly killing trash of world mobs. If you're out world questing or whatever, a rogue, mage, etc will have already killed the mob and moved on before you even have all your DoTs up. THAT is why a DoT spec needs a nuke. So that it doesn't take forever for kill anything solo.
    Except that logic doesn't work on Deathbolt because it doesn't do damage without Darkglare.

Unless you've just popped Darkglare on 5 UA and all three other dots, Deathbolt doesn't actually do that much damage. For me, Deathbolt hits for an average of about 66k, which is roughly 2200 dps, or about 5% of my total. The problem with the Deathbolt nerf isn't that it's a big nerf... it's that it's nerfing the one thing that Affliction actually has going for it currently.

EDIT: and that's what my character sims for on a patchwerk fight. I'll freely admit I don't play mathematically perfectly and no fight is patchwerk.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2019-10-13 at 12:24 AM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The spec had such a high skill cap it was insane.
    HAHAHAHAHHAA

i'm sorry

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post

and instead of buffing the trash talents they nerf the only viable one and people will still use it because the other talents are still trash and the nerfed one is still better, BLIZZ BALANCE TEAM IN A NUTSHELL

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    HAHAHAHAHHAA

i'm sorry

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

and instead of buffing the trash talents they nerf the only viable one and people will still use it because the other talents are still trash and the nerfed one is still better, BLIZZ BALANCE TEAM IN A NUTSHELL
    Can you link me your aff logs from antorus?

Can you please learn to read before you respond? Thanks.
    Read what?.. The OPs original post was “No need to fix any of afflictions issues, let's just nerf the only thing actually propping up the spec.”. What part of this am I lacking to read?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Read what?.. The OPs original post was “No need to fix any of afflictions issues, let's just nerf the only thing actually propping up the spec.”. What part of this am I lacking to read?
    The DB nerf isn't the big deal. It's the reasoning and the absurdity of it, there's no coherent reason to nerf DB, there's no real justification for it. The dev note alone reveals blizzard has not even a basic comprehension of how affliction works.