Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Fair point. Kinda paralells WW2 history, too.

Look at Germans being aggresors, brutally attacking Poland unprovoked and burning their country down (like Teldrassil burnt) then scapegoating all the fault at Hitler and walking away with a slap on their wrists and grounds to build a great economy, while Poland was tossed into hands of communists. They even wanted their revange like Tyrande, but Anduin's peace culture made it's way in Europe as well as in the game.
    Is this sarcasm?

Fair point. Kinda paralells WW2 history, too.

Look at Germans being aggresors, brutally attacking Poland unprovoked and burning their country down (like Teldrassil burnt) then scapegoating all the fault at Hitler and walking away with a slap on their wrists and grounds to build a great economy, while Poland was tossed into hands of communists. They even wanted their revange like Tyrande, but Anduin's peace culture made it's way in Europe as well as in the game.
    Half of Germany also fell to the communists. Also the WW2 peace was clearly better then the WW1 peace

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Is this sarcasm?
    Well, it kinda fits, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What Horde?

All I see is an Alliance puppet state that somehow manages to be more of an Alliance than their masters.

Well, it kinda fits, lol.
    How?

Germany was literally dismantled, lost a great deal of territory, millions of people were displaced and what remained was split into basically two vasal states for several decades and no it is not just all pawned off onto hitler.

The horde got off scot free

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yeah, but the Alliance has Human Potential™ and the disease has spread to the Horde.
    No, only HUMANS have the "Human Potential™". All the other races in the Alliance are forced to follow suit, however little sense it makes.

- - - Updated - - -

How?

Germany was literally dismantled, lost a great deal of territory, millions of people were displaced and what remained was split into basically two vasal states for several decades and no it is not just all pawned off onto hitler.

It's true, there were trials, people were sentenced to death, there were prisoners of war ... BUT a lot of people got off scot free, too. Like "Me only following orders" blabla. Plus the driving force behind the trials were the US/GB/FR governments. The new German goverments on both sides did not proceed with the persecution of the Nazi criminals in any meaningful way. Unfortunately. Says me. As a German.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I'm wondering,when will I actually stop hitting my face with a hammer, give up on this shitfest they have turned my favourite game into and stop giving a money to a company, that is not the same Blizzard, that actually made this game. Yet, i'm hoping, that the shit is only for now, the things will change, there must be some deeper thought - you know,like with the burning of Teldrassil and the whole plot about it's burning.
    I feel like the War Campaign Finale was a yet new low point in nelf bashing...

Giving the Night Elven blade Shalamayne to the "Butcher of Ashenvale" and have nelf amies marching under his command... I can't even.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-10-08 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    If somebody is watching the Walking Dead series, the Alliance reminds me of the Rick and the survivors and the Horde reminds me Negan and saviors in season 7 - The Horde comes into your base, takes whatever it wants and eventually, Alliance is ending up saying "thank you for that".
    whats that line negan says, oh yea

"i just slid my dick down your throat and you thanked me for it" /big smile

lol. what a guy.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It's true, there were trials, people were sentenced to death, there were prisoners of war ... BUT a lot of people got off scot free, too. Like "Me only following orders" blabla. Plus the driving force behind the trials were the US/GB/FR governments. The new German goverments on both sides did not proceed with the persecution of the Nazi criminals in any meaningful way. Unfortunately. Says me. As a German.
    Those trials are of no real consequence though, as they were pretty much just show to begin with, the real consequences were the nation being literally torn apart and millions of people being raped displaced put in work camps for reparations etc. over a span of several years and afterwards the installments of two fully dependent satellite states. One can argue up until reunification germany pretty much existed as a puppet state.

Anyway this is derailing the thread too much.

Btw where does Alleria comment on the army numbers with Slyvannas having more then the rebels and the alliance combined?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Btw where does Alleria comment on the army numbers with Slyvannas having more then the rebels and the alliance combined?
    The war campaign, she says sylvanas has the only army strong enough to stop N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    After signing the armistice, the Horde didn't cede any territory, paid no reparations, didn't even say sorry lol. If anything they came out ahead. Sylvannas' army that she left behind was bigger than the combined forces of the Horde rebels and Anduin's army as stated by Alleria. That army is now merged with the rebels, while the Humans are forced to conscript farmers, as their soldiers have suffered mass casualties. The Horde gained two new big kingdoms Zandalar and Suramar, while the alliance only gained one, Kul'Tiras.

The Horde is now the undisputed power in Kalimdor, while having 2 mega cities in the middle of the continents (Suramar city and Dazar'alor) to the Alliance's 1 (Kul'Tiras), heck Broken isles might as well be considered Horde dominated territory since they not only have Surmamar, but Thunder Totem as well, while the Alliance has no mega hub on that mini continent. The Horde still retains a full fledged kingdom in the EK with direct access to the ocean. Horde's civilian population is largely unharmed, while the Alliance lost nearly their entire Night Elf civilian population who are now reduced to refugees.

Horde is in a much better place than the Alliance, which now has divided leadership and growing fissures in terms of their direction. This war was an unmitigated disaster for the Alliance, while the Horde, all things being equal, did very well.
    Yeah, only problem with this is that there is no more Horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's how the horde has always been. They are weak willed races that follow terrible leaders over and over again. Then when they get cornered they throw out their victim card and scapegoat everything on to one person, get a slap on the wrist, get new territories granted to them, then, gasp!, rinse and repeat. I was hoping Tyrande and Genn would finally have enough and actually punish the horde and demand justice, nope.

Instead, the 2 races mostly affected by the forsaken get:
    Worgen: A garbage heritage armor set and a heritage quest chain that literally just replays what the forsaken(not just sylvanas) did to Gilneas.
    Night Elf: dark eyes.

While the forsaken get a redemption arc
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    whats that line negan says, oh yea

"i just slid my dick down your throat and you thanked me for it" /big smile

lol. what a guy.
    But hey, he is getting his redemption now! A shame,that Glenn,Abraham and others won't be there to see it! Just like the Horde - it wasn't Horde,who orchestrated the invasion of the night elven lands,it was SYLVANAS!
    If somebody is watching the Walking Dead series, the Alliance reminds me of the Rick and the survivors and the Horde reminds me of the Negan and the saviors in season 7 - The Horde comes into your base, takes whatever it wants and,eventually, Alliance is ending up saying "thank you for that".

How?

Considering the amount of people Natzis killed it wasn't really too harsh. And yes, everywhere you look the history says it was "the Natzis" or "Natzi Germany" responsible for WW2, kinda same way the story goes in WoW now - it's all on Sylvanas and her loyalists.

Now to think about it, at least Horde didn't have a word in who becomes the Warchief.

No, only HUMANS have the "Human Potential™". All the other races in the Alliance are forced to follow suit, however little sense it makes.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like the War Campaign Finale was a yet new low point in nelf bashing...

Giving the Night Elven blade Shalamayne to the "Butcher of Ashenvale" and have nelf amies marching under his command... I can't even.
    As I said before,the only war we as the night elves are still allowed to wage is enabling the warmode and attacking every single Horde scum we encounter at the Darkshore.
    If somebody is watching the Walking Dead series, the Alliance reminds me of the Rick and the survivors and the Horde reminds me of the Negan and the saviors in season 7 - The Horde comes into your base, takes whatever it wants and,eventually, Alliance is ending up saying "thank you for that".

Horde as 0 characters left with balls, they are all pussies so in what way are we in a better shape?

I don't know...but since when is surrender.....success?

Horde is no more....
    Last edited by Artelia; 2019-10-08 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    I don't know...but since when is surrender.....success?

Horde is no more....
    When is the Horde paying for the Burning of Teldrassil? Answer: Never.
    When are the Horde retreating from Ashenvale: Answer: Never.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    After signing the armistice, the Horde didn't cede any territory, paid no reparations, didn't even say sorry lol
    because they had any and had no ways to pay those, since they were close to lose the war.

what territory did we got? it says the same

The Horde is now the undisputed power in Kalimdor,
    no is not, horde lost hundreds of soldiers in the campaign to get teldrasill for nothing, the elves only lost the civilians for the most part, they are still strong in hyjal, feralas, darkshore and ashenvale.

Draeneis untouched

While we had significant losses from the kalindor races as well one of the horde leaders/characters again
    while having 2 mega cities in the middle of the continents (Suramar city and Dazar'alor)
    one is not that strong since it got a heavy civil war and the burning legion influence, zandalar lost their navy had their treasure sacked and heir mighty king dead to get a lame replacement.

The Horde still retains a full fledged kingdom in the EK
    just quel'thalas, undercity is lost as well the adjacent territory, arathi and alterac are still contested.

Horde's civilian population is largely unharmed
    in opposition to losing way more soldiers and armies and named characters.

while the Alliance lost nearly their entire Night Elf civilian population who are now reduced to refugees.
    they lost only the population in teldrassil.

Horde is in a much better place than the Alliance
    not even in dreams, they are in shit and basically subservient to the alliance now.

which now has divided leadership and growing fissures in terms of their direction.
    which is pretty bad.

This war was an unmitigated disaster for the Alliance,
    they lost a tree with civilians, crushed the horde in many fronts, fucked up the zandalar navy, got a navy for their own, sacked dazar'alor, stop the undead/forsaken threat in Easter kingdoms, alliance characters will lead horde races and now have anduin as warchief too, the horde identity is on the dumpster and we are in this mess

that a was a fucking disaster for the horde, but of course, will not be enough for the alliance, they want more, but not with tyrande and they stay in this contradiction.

When is the Horde paying for the Burning of Teldrassil? Answer: Never.
    When are the Horde retreating from Ashenvale: Answer: Never.
    Our leaders are Alliance puppets.
    We are forced to peace even we are much stronger right now.
    Another Warchief of Horde was recreated to be villian puppet.
    I think Horde paying enough already. Maybe highest price since warcraft 3.

And this unifaction. Hmm.

1. How long it will be before Quel'dorei and Ren'dorei force their way to Quel'thalas?

2. How long before orcs will beg nigh elves for some wood?

3. How long before Alliance character sits on throne of forsakens? Oh..wait.

Horde is doomed and Horde races with it.