View Poll Results: Who is Bwonsamdi's boss?

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • The Arbiter

31 37.35%
  • The Jailer

15 18.07%
  • Mueh'Zala

22 26.51%
  • Another Death God we haven't seen yet

20 24.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Poll: Who do you think is Bwonsamdi's Boss?

Ok so Bwonsamdi's appearance in Shadowlands might answer some questions about him, one of them being who he works for. It's definitely not N'zoth, since there's no mention of him in 8.3 and he's MIA now. So who do think's his boss?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I am kind of hopeing its the actual God of Death and everyone else is just trying to claim the title. The Shadowlands is infinite after all.

Mueh'zala doesn't seem like someone we would want to be Death since he just devours and destroys souls. He also works with Demons and seems more like a powerful death entity similer to Helya or Eyir.

The Jailer im not sure is even a bad guy yet and seems to be Chained in the maw. Which is odd considering he is supposed to be the Jailor of it... Bwonsamdi is shown to be more of a caretaker as well as collecting his own souls. He wouldn't be giving them to the Jailor. Pehaps the Jailor was forced into that roll by someone/something else.

The arbiter seems like an automation that just does its job for the 5 areas of the shadowlands. Bwonsamdi has his own realm called The Otherside that the Arbiter doesn't even send souls to so he has to go through back channels making deals with mortals and Loa worship.

"Bwonsamdi guards our spirits well,
    He makes death most inviting.
    Ya think he be a trickster,
    His humor often biting.

Behind his smile and pointed humor,
    Dere lies a darkness, a hint of rumor.
    He knows things dat make de brave men shriek,
    The truth from him, ya must not seek.

De realm of death be his alone.
    Ya life and spirit to him be known.
    And when dat life do end,
    Make sure Bwonsamdi be ya friend.

Den Bwonsamdi will surely guide,
    "Come on through to de other side.""
    Last edited by Felrane; 2019-11-21 at 12:39 AM.

This just makes more apparent that there are way too many "death gods".

We have... what?
    • Lich King
    • Odyn
    • Eyir
    • Helya
    • Argus
    • Bwonsamdi
    • Mueh'zala
    • The Arbiter
    • The Jailer
    • "Death" (with a capital "D")

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This just makes more apparent that there are way too many "death gods".

We have... what?
    • Lich King
    • Odyn
    • Eyir
    • Helya
    • Argus
    • Bwonsamdi
    • Mueh'zala
    • The Arbiter
    • The Jailer
    • "Death" (with a capital "D")
    Honestly makes me wonder if someone at Blizz is having a midlife crisis or upset about his mortality. Then again, it could just be lazy writing, "death baaaaaaaaaad!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I've read other threads that it could be Hakkar, has this been debunked or is it on the table?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I've read other threads that it could be Hakkar, has this been debunked or is it on the table?
    That was from the August(?) Shadowlands leak, so probably not. Assuming Hakkar is 100% gone of course

Well Bwomsamdi has his own minor realm and he comes out to gather souls it would be unlikely arbiter would allow hoarding meaning its likely arbiter is his boss. Also would be most logical and simplest solution so occam's razzor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    That was from the August(?) Shadowlands leak, so probably not. Assuming Hakkar is 100% gone of course
    What do you mean 100% gone? He's very much ... well, not alive, but existing, still. Else he wouldnt be part of the final Zul'Gurub encounter after they redid it in Cataclysm.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    What do you mean 100% gone? He's very much ... well, not alive, but existing, still. Else he wouldnt be part of the final Zul'Gurub encounter after they redid it in Cataclysm.
    That's why I said assuming he's gone? He could be trying to invade the Other Side too, but that's unlikely

Pretty sure its the The Arbiter.

He described his boss as a "she". Pretty sure that "she" is the Arbiter.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    He described his boss as a "she". Pretty sure that "she" is the Arbiter.
    Hmm I don't remember that. I though he just said 'de boss ain't gonna like dis'

Hmm I don't remember that. I though he just said 'de boss ain't gonna like dis'
    Ey mon! we hail from the same Province! I'm an Islander myself

and yes I double down on the quote above, I've not seen any reference to the gender of his boss.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I guess I just assumed that Mueh'Zala IS The Jailer.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think his boss is the Arbiter.
    He didn't seem fond of Sylvanas, which means he wouldn't like the whole Jailer and Maw thing since that probably gets in the way of getting to the Other Side.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Pretty sure its the The Arbiter.
    The Arbiter seems to be a judge. Bwon behaves more like a cross road demon. U make a pact and your soul belongs to him, does not go through the judgement process. Bwon is bringing souls directly to one of the realms so it cannot be the boss. Same reason why jailor is not his boss : jailor has already a way of bringing souls in the maw and has a pact with Sylvanas as well. Should have dropped bwon a memo about them 2 working together instead of bwon despising Sylvanas and her work.
    Last edited by Good ol Stroggylos; 2019-11-21 at 05:40 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Ey mon! we hail from the same Province! I'm an Islander myself
    I'm from the island too! Just wasn't sure if I should put that or the province

and yes I double down on the quote above, I've not seen any reference to the gender of his boss.
    His boss being referred to as 'she' kind of narrows it down don't you think?

I'm thinking Mueh'Zala is actually a female and the boss of Bwonsamdi in the other side.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    I'm thinking Mueh'Zala is actually a female and the boss of Bwonsamdi in the other side.
    Bwonsamdi's wife/girlfriend maybe? He's just scared as hell of her lol

Bwonsamdi's wife/girlfriend maybe? He's just scared as hell of her lol
    She's the mean abusive girlfriend of Bwonsamdi who bosses him around but he's madly in love with her so he doesn't mind. All the souls/money Bwonsamdi makes goes to her.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing