Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    What the literal fuck are you talking about? Random BG's? And you're saying ranged can't compete? You're doing something wrong.
    would be hilarious, if random bgs, because i see most of the time a mage dominating it. Pretty much exclusively, and after that one, all the other casters.

Thats just how it is on average right now, sometimes a dk or dh gets on top for honorable mentions, when a side was allready dominating with heals, etc

And wpvp is just weird nowdays, you can shade out on a whim and just "vanish" without beeing a rogue - use very odd toys and other strange stuff that makes pvp unpure and weird. :-P

i would prefere wpvp without sharding in combat and all those "toys" to keep it more clean. I can tolerate some pots and engineer items, but more is just too much. That feeling when your toys dominate the combat and your class is just a byproduct.

classic shows, how its done the proper way, hence the higher popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Has been the case since at least WoD. Blizzard wants melees to dominate pvp, by spamming their mindless pve rotations and 110% uptime.
    It's actually insane how much harder it is to play a caster in pvp now than a melee. It's always been a lot easier to melee cleave, but BFA seems to have taken it to the next level.

There's like no punishment for being a mongo melee anymore at all. I decided to get 2100 for pve gear this season as a demo warlock and literally every game was vs a melee cleave. You fake them and they have 3-4 more back up interrupts ready to go.

I remembered exactly why I quit pvp. It's not even like I lack experience, I've gotten gladiator and rank 1 multiple times in previous xpacs, but I just can't stand the melee cleaving anymore.

It's just not fun, it was a lot more enjoyable when if melee missed kicks you could seriously punish them, but blizzard just did away with that.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-10-28 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    It's actually insane how much harder it is to play a caster in pvp now than a melee. It's always been a lot easier to melee cleave, but BFA seems to have taken it to the next level.

There's like no punishment for being a mongo melee anymore at all. I decided to get 2100 for pve gear this season as a demo warlock and literally every game was vs a melee cleave. You fake them and they have 3-4 more back up interrupts ready to go.

I remembered exactly why I quit pvp. It's not even like I lack experience, I've gotten gladiator and rank 1 multiple times in previous xpacs, but I just can't stand the melee cleaving anymore.

It's just not fun, it was a lot more enjoyable when if melee missed kicks you could seriously punish them, but blizzard just did away with that.
    The melee design got very bad in BfA, shockingly bad, a lot of dmg backed into white auto hits and some unecessary GCD changes, but who i am telling about bad design, you play a lock in BfA.

Its actually hard to find well designed class in BfA and this alone will likely cause burnout playing retail wow.

Sadly I doubt 9.0 will bring changes either. They've already stated they are committed to the current state of PvP where it is seen as a hobby activity for for raiders to win based on gear, with mostly cosmetic rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Re: caster/melee imbalance

It's always been like this. Caster is not harder to play really but it just needs coordination. Yes it's got a higher skill floor but if you are a bit experienced that's no issue, no class is very complex, just casters need to voice comm for example, except destro lock.

The bigger issue BY FAR at the moment is spec imbalance and the effect of gear. Destro is extremely strong whereas a melee like combat rogue sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Pretty sure the OP is referring to pvp outside of arenas. And it's true, ranged classes are garbo at pvp outside the arenas, hunters probably the worst of all, obviously except the survival spec.
    Unless you're talking specifically about 2v2, you're just straight up wrong.

3V3 is dominated by typically UH Dks, destro locks and fire mages, although ele shaman, spriest and boomkin are just fine too and EASILY gladiator if not rank 1 worthy.

In RBGs, do i even have to comment? Its fucking open, no LoS fights. What do you think happens when you give casters free reign to cast? Join an RBG squad and find out.

Random BGs in an ideal world are exactly like RBGs meta wise, but random BGs can have players in it with literally 80-fucking-k hp. I regularly out damage DPS specced players on my holy paladin, just from judgementing on cd and using cyclotronic blast.

World PVP - No one cares about world pvp. It will never be good. It will always be a gank fest. You will never attack someone with more gear than you and you will cry if you are 2v1'd after trying to gank someone with half your hp.

Finally, 2v2. 2v2 is the one area of pvp where melee dominate. Havoc DHs and Unholy DKs are the main guys here. But this is 2v2. 2v2 has never and will never be balanced. It is rock paper scissors from now until the end of time. You lose before the gates even open, or win, entirely based on spec. 3v3 is similar, but at least in 3v3 there is room for outplaying. 2v2 is riding a healers ass for 1-5 minutes and the better 2v2 class wins 99/100 times.

So no ,it isn't melee craft. It is, and always will be, castercraft. Casters have dominated every aspect of pvp since vanilla and always will. Casters would have to deal around half the damage of melee for them to be on par with melee during 3v3 or rbgs. But instead, they easily triple their damage and regularly have better defenses too (warlock, spriest, ele sham, boomkin.)

I will give you one thing OP - Hunters are shit. Probably the worst state they've been in in half a decade. They're worthless in random BGs, RBGs and in 2v2 they can only play survival, which is basically like fighting an unholy dk who hasn't ever gotten past 2000 rating.

3V3 they can have some success and are easily gladiator worthy, but hunter's eternal enemy is the caster and as casters are absolutely broken right now, they're shit outta luck. Enjoy eating those greater pyros and chaos bolts until Blizzard decides chunking 50% of someones hp in one global is not that fun to play against.

I think a bigger problem is just how frustrating the caster gameplay is right now. Having to just face tank the enemy and repeatedly try to juke instead of kiting is just lame. When I play my mage and don’t have someone setting up stuns, I sometimes want to punch a hole through my monitor when trying to land a poly vs melee cleaves.

It’s not that it’s bad, casters are and have always been very strong, it’s just insane how many fail safes melee have when they miss interrupts.

Being a glad disc priest I still really struggle even at low MMR against melee due to the sheer amount of disruption they bring, though that’s more down to disc being in a wonky place atm admittedly. Regardless, I think a huge source of frustration is just how low the skill floor is for melee, from 1800-2400 the average melee team changes very little and it feels like you’re just as likely to lose to the lower team than the higher one.

It’s not until you start moving into R1 territory where you can even feel a difference.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2019-10-30 at 12:53 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I think a bigger problem is just how frustrating the caster gameplay is right now. Having to just face tank the enemy and repeatedly try to juke instead of kiting is just lame. When I play my mage and don’t have someone setting up stuns, I sometimes want to punch a hole through my monitor when trying to land a poly vs melee cleaves.

It’s not that it’s bad, casters are and have always been very strong, it’s just insane how many fail safes melee have when they miss interrupts.

Being a glad disc priest I still really struggle even at low MMR against melee due to the sheer amount of disruption they bring, though that’s more down to disc being in a wonky place atm admittedly. Regardless, I think a huge source of frustration is just how low the skill floor is for melee, from 1800-2400 the average melee team changes very little and it feels like you’re just as likely to lose to the lower team than the higher one.

It’s not until you start moving into R1 territory where you can even feel a difference.
    Exactly, well said.

Melees just need a fraction of the skill of casters to do ok. That is not acceptable.

Idiotic, braindead spells like Stormbolt need to go the way of the dinosaur. Yesterday.

If you think playing a disc priest is frustrating, try playing an Affliction Warlock. One spell school and despite having no mobility whatsoever, you soak damage like a sponge. If you don't play like a literal god you get destroyed by people who don't really know what they're doing.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-10-31 at 04:22 AM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Glad I quit my hunter and the game back in August
    Well then I'll come back next expansion but only if reports from the PTR say hunters aren't garbage at pvp.
    Well I hope this channel (youtube) WORLD’s FASTEST ONESHOTS cheers you up bud.
    I’m an mm hunter. Hopefully these montages in BFA season2 AND 3 will help renew your faith in hunters.
    I don’t expect it to make you wanna play, just know there are still hunters out there ONESHOTTING people for ya!

HAPPY HUNTING!
    Your pal

-WFOS!

WORLDS FASTEST ONESHOTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post

I would have to agree with this, melee are not better really, it just feels really frustrating that they have so many ways to stop casts these days.

Honestly I enjoy the balance right now and I am not mad if they change nothing.

As a DK player the first MONTHS of assa-rogues oneshotting everyone without immunitys were not fun in WPVP nor 2v2. DH's are still a bit to strong/to easy to perform very well in 2v2 settings, but I dont see DH as unbeatable in 1v1 WPVP scenarios as unholy-DK.

Warlocks and DH could need a small nerf on the defensive side for sure, to make 2v2 somewhat more enjoyable for everyone else, but the 1800-2000 range for the weekly caps, what the majority is doing, got a good mix of different classes and even specs.

Compared to the rogue plague in the first full pvp season in BfA the game right now is close to perfectly balanced with only 2 outliers.
    -