No major changes in 8.3

So 8.3 doesn't bring any changes to the pvp balance, only has some pve tweaks.
    Glad I quit my hunter and the game back in August, as Blizzard isn't interested in doing away with World of Meleecraft until, at the very least, next expansion.

Well then I'll come back next expansion but only if reports from the PTR say hunters aren't garbage at pvp. Or boomkins, or affliction lock. I'm not hellbent on playing a hunter, just pretty much any ranged spec that isn't a joke at pvp outside arena.

In before uh dks, ret palas, dhs, ferals and rogues tell me ranged specs are fine.

Still early in the ptr process, changes might come later.

With that said, ranged specs are fine. Though maybe destro locks could use a small nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    Still early in the ptr process, changes might come later.

With that said, ranged specs are fine. Though maybe destro locks could use a small nerf...
    There won't be any major changes to anything PvP related this expansion. There won't be any class overhauls or big balancing tweaks either. Any (small) class balancing will be done with PvE in mind, like them nerfing Spriests (again).

If this is a deal breaker for anyone, you might as well just unsubscribe for the next year, because this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    So 8.3 doesn't bring any changes to the pvp balance, only has some pve tweaks.
    Glad I quit my hunter and the game back in August, as Blizzard isn't interested in doing away with World of Meleecraft until, at the very least, next expansion.
    Has been the case since at least WoD. Blizzard wants melees to dominate pvp, by spamming their mindless pve rotations and 110% uptime.

Catch 22, you can play SV.

But don't expect any class changes, they've ditched BfA in terms of class design post 8.1.
    Most of the nerfs previewed were pretty much just the most obvious candidates for nerfs.

I'm almost 2500 on my BM hunter. I think they are totally fine. Yes, you have to play way better to land traps, but it's a nice challenge.

Since 8.2 is world of huntercraft I'd say it's fine for hunters
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

CCP approve this thread. It has been cleansed of impure discussions.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by CCP Official View Post
    CCP approve this thread. It has been cleansed of impure discussions.
    Sweet jesus how sad is your life?

Warriors need charge on a 0.5 second cooldown.

.. but would anyone notice any actual difference even if they did that?

did i miss anything? rmx / destrolocks / mage war / ele are destroying every tournament. Sv and feral and enh stopped existing and only demon hunter monks and dk can fight caster even a little. where is the world of meelecraft?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    did i miss anything? rmx / destrolocks / mage war / ele are destroying every tournament. Sv and feral and enh stopped existing and only demon hunter monks and dk can fight caster even a little. where is the world of meelecraft?
    Pretty sure the OP is referring to pvp outside of arenas. And it's true, ranged classes are garbo at pvp outside the arenas, hunters probably the worst of all, obviously except the survival spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Pretty sure the OP is referring to pvp outside of arenas. And it's true, ranged classes are garbo at pvp outside the arenas, hunters probably the worst of all, obviously except the survival spec.
    You are the OP... *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You are the OP... *facepalm*
    Oops lol.
    Forgot I even made this thread.

Who cares, we're getting new allied races and heritage armor for goblins and worgen! That'll keep me playing for months rolling new alts and race changing to play other unused characters.

PVP is dead anyway. They need to bring back Wintergrasp-like zones to revive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Who cares, we're getting new allied races and heritage armor for goblins and worgen! That'll keep me playing for months rolling new alts and race changing to play other unused characters.

PVP is dead anyway. They need to bring back Wintergrasp-like zones to revive it.
    As someone who does wpvp and random bgs between raids and m+, I find myself without half of the content I play, so as things are right now, I can't justify returning to wow. I mean why, just to pve?! Nah.

I'll come back the moment any ranged hunter spec, affliction lock or boomkin, equal the peformance in wpvp and random bgs, of a dk, ret pala, feral or monk.

PS: dps Tinker as well, should it be the case next expansion.
    Last edited by Sygmar; Yesterday at 04:25 PM.