Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post

because blizzcon is more important than human rights. got it.
    Protesting at BlizzCon will not do fuck all for human rights in Hong Kong or anywhere else in the world.

But please do keep pretending it will from behind your keyboard, while calling everyone else hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Protesting at BlizzCon will not do fuck all for human rights in Hong Kong or anywhere else in the world.

But please do keep pretending it will from behind your keyboard, while calling everyone else hypocrites.
    Spreading awareness slowly makes a difference. Sure, people aren't going to all burn their Chinese shit and book the next flight there to protest and get shot.

But speaking in absolutes is dumb. Attitudes changes slowly, years ago black people couldn't share busses with whites and women couldn't vote. Do you think people doing small protests then or acts of civil disobedience were told by some know it all cunt of their time what they were doing meant fuck all?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Spreading awareness slowly makes a difference. Sure, people aren't going to all burn their Chinese shit and book the next flight there to protest and get shot.

But speaking in absolutes is dumb. Attitudes changes slowly, years ago black people couldn't share busses with whites and women couldn't vote. Do you think people doing small protests then or acts of civil disobedience were told by some know it all cunt of their time what they were doing meant fuck all?
    Pretty much this.

Is that how people see themselves in this situation? Modern-day Rosa Parks? At least she was arrested for her activism...rather than simply inconveniencing some moderators on the WoW forums who have to clean up all the spam.

10+ Year Old Account

You are equating internet warriors with a hate boner towards Blizzard to the fucking civil rights movement? WOW
    I suppose at Blizzcon we will be fawning over the cosplayers holding signs above their heads and equating them to the young protesters in Hong Kong who actually put their lives on the line for Democracy.

This is all just an excuse to bash the evil Activision, and is really not amounting to anything other than something that will be forgotten in a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Who the fuck goes to another country to protest?

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    You are equating internet warriors with a hate boner towards Blizzard to the fucking civil rights movement? WOW
    I suppose at Blizzcon we will be fawning over the cosplayers holding signs above their heads and equating them to the young protesters in Hong Kong who actually put their lives on the line for Democracy.

This is all just an excuse to bash the evil Activision, and is really not amounting to anything other than something that will be forgotten in a few weeks.
    It's actually wider than that. This is covered on a lot of main stream news and it gels nicely with the NBA story.

Things like this will make a small handful of people question their choices. Do I pick something made from China or maybe xxx country is a better choice. And slowly slowly things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Okay, I've been avoiding this topic because I didn't think it was a big deal, but apparently I was wrong. It's being covered by Reuters now.
    Looks like reuters actually did background checks and only talked about things that can be proven. Most of the american news outlets are making speculations from random twitter posters and connections between the weibo post and baracks statement. I guess that shit sells clicks in US.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    It was an example. Theres lots of people who use the line "lol go protest in HK if you feel strongly about it!" If you spent more time reading and less time getting +1 to your post count you'd know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually wider than that. This is covered on a lot of main stream news and it gels nicely with the NBA story.

Things like this will make a small handful of people question their choices. Do I pick something made from China or maybe xxx country is a better choice. And slowly slowly things change.
    Are people also going to stop buying from any big business that fucks over human rights? I mean. they did in the past, right?

Oh wait..

- - - Updated - - -

It was an example. Theres lots of people who use the line "lol go protest in HK if you feel strongly about it!" If you spent more time reading and less time getting +1 to your post count you'd know that.
    I really don't care what you had your panties in a twist over, Shirley.

It's curtains for you Blizzard.

Ask them about the 6 missing cinematics.

Are people also going to stop buying from any big business that fucks over human rights? I mean. they did in the past, right?

I really don't care what you had your panties in a twist over, Shirley.
    Like I said, times change. And my panties aren't in a twist, LeQuisha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    It's curtains for you Blizzard.
    Just like all those other companies you internet warriors took down.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, times change. And my panties aren't in a twist, LeQuisha.
    Do you see people who stop buying from Nestle? Unilever? Shell? Times change, what a joke. Where is the push to stop buying US products if human rights are really as important as you claim they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagane going to protest into Al-Kaida camp back in the days.
    Its generaly not a good idea. As situation in Hong Kong can turn into a bloodsheed any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its generaly not a good idea. As situation in Hong Kong can turn into a bloodsheed any day now.
    I mean, they shot one protester so far...it has turned to bloodshed already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, they shot one protester so far...it has turned to bloodshed already.
    They need some lessons from the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Not to mention the precious minerals used in this components that make up phones not produced in China come from Chinese owned mines in China and Africa. So there really is no getting around this. Being mad at Blizzard and screaming about it or boycotting it does nothing but make the individual feel good about doing nothing. This is low hanging fruit. It's the easiest way to say your are doing something without actually doing anything.
    The defeatism is sad.

They used to be at 90% sure, however they're now only around 2/3rd of the world capacity with US jumping in and Australia picking up output. Along with Japan potentially going into market with the absurd deposit they found. It's not something so straight forward as it was 10 years ago.

Sitting around decrying others of trying to do something is quite sad though. I guess it's easier for you to feel better this way.

People seem to want a silver bullet solution that hurts no one and costs nothing, yeah that's not happening. It's just quite sad to see defeatism as the only way for a lot of people. Protesting to cut business ties with china is something people can do locally. I don't expect people to go to Hong Kong and protest there, that's unreasonable, but decrying others for trying to do something is just... sad. If we do nothing and we'll get nothing.

Just like all those other companies you took down.
    Yore right. I can't do anything.

But George Soros can...

7+ Year Old Account
    Its wierdly hopeless.

I really hope, that a big protests will happen at Blizzcon or atleast some people coming inside get to do a "is this a fucking aprils fools joke?" at a panel or 2. I don't see what else to do.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.