Page 73 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so you hate him because he's popular? sounds like a perfectly logical reason.
    I was trying to be funny. Guess the tongue-out Emoji wasn’t enough... huh. :P

Obligatory #whysoserious :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    The only reason people are up in arms about Hong Kong is because it benefits certain western powers when protests destabilize the PRC.

Meanwhile borderline humanitarian crises, willful genocides and mass rapes in countries like India, Venezuela and Turkey are completely forgotten about.

If you're going to make a political statement (and calling it a political statement is generous) by cancelling a subscription for a game that you enjoy over geopolitical muscle-offs, you are a complete dumbass. That's all. Your "voice" doesn't fucking matter. Let the big boys sort out their troubles themselves and keep your nose in your own business.
    Ah the ole "you shouldn't be mad about this because this is just as bad argument". Never a good take.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    I have to wonder if there is a Streisand effect going on in China. They did their damndest to hush Tiananmen Square but it has become common knowledge. They do their damndest to enforce a firewall and yet people keep getting through with VPNs. They do their best suppress freedom of religion and yet underground churches are growing at an unprecedented rate. I'm guessing that the more China cracks down, the more people realize that the government is trying to hide stuff from them, even if they ostensibly say the right words to satisfy the bureaucracy. Then again, I'm guessing the amount of people who are actually in the know are in the minority (as is the case over in the West).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Ugh... I hate Pewdiepie, and not for anything he said or did or how he may present himself. I couldn't even tell you what the guy even looks like! :P It's just that his name comes up in EVERY damn forum I'm in talking at some point about him being banned somewhere and subsequent people being mad about him being banned. Like, that's all I know about the guy... like his shtick seems to me is to get banned and has an army of people outrage over him all over the internet about him being banned. :P
    I dont like this video spammer either, but his army of subbers can be used against cenzorship. Probaly this guy next step would be to get banned by blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I have to wonder if there is a Streisand effect going on in China. They did their damndest to hush Tiananmen Square but it has become common knowledge.
    I think the main difference is that unlike 30 years ago, technology has advanced so far that it's not just governments and media that have a global connection, but also common joe-schmoe, so trying to hush things has become almost impossible. It's alot more difficult to silence something when you got millions of eyes looking at the same thing.

Jesus is that Tim Pool? There's a blast from the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

At this point, I'm excited for Blizzcon just to see the shit going down.
    2:50 to skip the recap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Blizzard can't have it both ways either, they can't be for

EVERY VOICE MATTERS:
    Great ideas can come from anywhere. Blizzard Entertainment is what it is today because of the voices of our players and of each member of the company. Every employee is encouraged to speak up, listen, be respectful of other opinions, and embrace criticism as just another avenue for great ideas.

and

THINK GLOBALLY
    Everywhere on the planet there are people who play Blizzard Entertainment games. While respecting the cultural diversity that makes people unique, we strive to grow and support our global gaming community. We also seek the most passionate, talented people in the world to enrich our company and help us forge the future vision of Blizzard Entertainment.

And
    LGBT Rights

Then be against Someone Stating their Support for Democracy and Human Rights in Hong Kong.
    Why are we holding a COMPANY to higher standards than elected officials?

I can't believe this joke of a faux outrage thread is still open.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

You really want Night of Long Knives to happen, don't you?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, please, keep doing everything in your power to help the people in hong kong, I am sure posting youtube vids here and hoping something goes down at blizzcon will do the trick.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

No, please, keep doing everything in your power to help the people in hong kong, I am sure posting youtube vids here and hoping something goes down at blizzcon will do the trick.
    Sarcasm won't be helping you here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sarcasm won't be helping you here.
    Helping me with what?

Helping me with what?
    Trying to discredit people's anger as unjustified.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to discredit people's anger as unjustified.
    Ok, how does the night of the long knives plays into this? Or is this something you've heard on one of your fake-outrage youtube videos and think it's edgy?

Look, I am not discrediting peoples anger as unjustified, I think it's a terrible joke to blame one company while ignoring the governments even going so far as using people like fucking marco "I owe my soul to the NRA" rubio as some pinnacle of free speech or pro human rights advocate.

Hey our collective governments are shite, our elected officials are embarrassing morons but this one company did something within their rights and we'd be cheering them if they did what they did to someone giving the Nazi salute but since it's hip and trendy we'll hate them now and hope they go down while all the other companies that actually profit from human rights abuses and worse go on with their work and being kept profitable by politicians we currently cheer on.

Faux outrage it is, let's march on.

Boooh Blizzard

- sent from my Huawei

I do not know... how holding politicians to higher standards would cause the Night of the Long Knives to happen...

Because Some Companies also hold as much power as Politicians.

And I can't believe you still think this is Faux Outrage. This subject is not going to die down.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-21 at 07:16 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because Some Companies also hold as much power as Politicians.
    Ok, so why are we targetting blizzard then?

And I can't believe you still think this is Faux Outrage. This subject is not going to die down.
    It is, quite obviously, as shown by the youtube-link-poster-in-chief who can't see the irony in posting links from irrelevant react-streamers who are paid by google and amazon.

Ok, so why are we targetting blizzard then?
    Because they're hypocrites who banned a player for making a non disruptive Political Statement because of China.

It is, quite obviously, as shown by the youtube-link-poster-in-chief who can't see the irony in posting links from irrelevant react-streamers who are paid by google and amazon.
    How you feel about those youtubers are irrelevant, people also Protested at the NBA Games and will most likely do so indefinitely until something changes, what makes you think this is going to be any different?

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because they're hypocrites who banned a player for making a non disruptive Political Statement because of China.
    Ah, so it's not about influence or power. Talk about hypocrite.

How you feel about those youtubers are irrelevant, people also Protested at the NBA Games and will most likely do so indefinitely until something changes, what makes you think this is going to be any different?
    I know, it's irrelevant that youtubers are outraged about blizzards treatment or policy regarding one protester but keep cashing from amazon and google. I just like the sweet hypocrisy.

I don't know, maybe because the companies in question can't actually do anything to change stuff? Do tell though, what do you think all this protest will achieve? What's the best possible outcome?

Ah, so it's not about influence or power. Talk about hypocrite.
    It's about that too.

I don't know, maybe because the companies in question can't actually do anything to change stuff?
    That's a Lie.

Do tell though, what do you think all this protest will achieve?
    We'll see.

What's the best possible outcome?
    E Z

That Blizzard stops bowing down to China's Authoriatarian Influence while respecting Non Disruptive Political Statements Critical about China.

I know, it's irrelevant that youtubers are outraged about blizzards treatment or policy regarding one protester but keep cashing from amazon and google. I just like the sweet hypocrisy.
    And People disagree and hate their bosses decisions all the time while working, how is that Hypocrisy?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-22 at 06:50 AM.